[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Batman Memeternal /co/? >great 20+ first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Batman_Eternal_Vol_1_42.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Eternal_Vol_1_42.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
What did you think of Batman Memeternal /co/?
>great 20+ first issues
>Starts to meander in the middle with Hush being an idiot and Bard randomly hating Bats (and then begging for forgiveness again)
>Gets awfully boring for the last 20 issues, what with the adventures of Spookycrow, Bane jobbing to everyone and all the A and B-villains just doing nothing for ages while the mystery isn't solved at all by Bats
>Bats being an awful detective and not being shown doing any serious research
>Bats doing pretty much nothing after the Falcone first part
>Last 3 issues are ok, 52nd issue being a real letdown with a stupid forced "real villain" when the revelation of who the "brains" of the operation was was fucking brilliant actually

Paid $100 for the 3 TPBs, I don't feel like I've been stolen, but my hard-earned money was spent for a good snore-fest.

Am I bitter or was Bat-ternal a meh story, and all current Batstories a sad retread of previous shit?
>>
>>77692628
You know I don't mind Harper Row, but I wish she wasn't so damn prominent.
>>
maybe its because I read it in the collected forms, so there were like 6 month gaps between everything, but it didn't read well? like the various parts didn't seem to connect into a cohesive story well.
>>
>>77692628
>great 20+ first issues
It was never great. This, Futures End and World's End were all garbage and should never have been published.
>>
>>77692741
Out of all 3, Batman Eternal was the less crapiest.

Futures End fucked itself up by side-lining it's main plot, and then giving us a big screw-you ending while making almost every plot point in it pointless.

While World's End fucked up because of neverending destruction and making characters much worse than they already were.
>>
>>77692697
The problem is the awful pacing I think. Like you could approach the climax of a storyline, then the next issue another plot begins and you didn't get any new info on the previous storyline for 5 to 10 issues. And by the time you got back to the previous storyline, you don't care anymore.

>>77692679
Harper Row can have her moments, but I hated her in Batman #18. She also continues the tread of very self-entitled kids who get their way anyway. AND she is way too fucking tech-savvy and kung-fu-y without a good reason backing up her reason to be so skilled. But she can have good, funny lines and at least has been written consistently up to now.
>>
Fuck Bard.
Corrigan and Batwing team-up was neat, unless I'm mixing stories.
Didn't expect that dude who claims he's Bruce's brother to show up at end.
>>
File: BatmanCv634.jpg (174 KB, 800x1194) Image search: [Google]
BatmanCv634.jpg
174 KB, 800x1194
>>77692741
>great 20+ first issues
I think they were great because they explored a Gotham which could have possibly been ruled by Falcone and the mafia again, which I would love to see. But they were great because of what they were setting themselves up to offer, not for what they actually delivered.

>>77692784
I've only read Batman: Eternal.

Is Futures End enjoyable to read at least? The art in it seemed off.
>All plot point pointess
Wasn't it something one could accept, since this is more of a "what if" storyline rather than an in-continuity one, since it was all supposed to be erased at the end?

Same question with World's End => is it at least enjoyable to read? Is its only flaw to be a destruction-fest, or is there worse to add about it?
>>
>>77692889
>World's End => is it at least enjoyable to read?
No. Everyone all of sudden is turbomoron. It's really bad, anon.
>Is Futures End enjoyable to read at least?
Ending is shit. There are some nice tie-ins.
>>
File: bane09.jpg (319 KB, 988x1463) Image search: [Google]
bane09.jpg
319 KB, 988x1463
>>77692795
BE should have included pic related
>>
>>77693071
>Deathstroke, Agent of CIA.
>>
>>77693046
Fuck this dumb earth... I was so intrigued by Futures End. I guess I'll skip it then, not going to throw money at boring/annoying stories/products.
>>
File: Willa Holland 12.jpg (1001 KB, 2400x3523) Image search: [Google]
Willa Holland 12.jpg
1001 KB, 2400x3523
>>77693092
>implying
>>
>>77693096
Ending is bad, fuck it. SuperShazam is good thing from main series. Deathstroke, Grifter and rest of group. Rest I don't remember much.
Read tie-ins, desu. Green Lantern is awesome. So is Grayson. Booster Gold continues in Convergence. Sinestro and Green Arrow weren't that bad. Batman's fuck you to Superman in one tie-in was heartbreaking.
>>
>>77692784
>>77692741

Futures end shit the bed and it was made even more laughable with how Tim kicked the shit out of Brother Eye in 6 issues of Beyond
>>
Managed to make Selina and Killer Croc cool.
In the end, could have gotten it done a while earlier, rather than going in a loop for finding out who was the mastermind.
>>
>>77693262
>Batman's fuck you to Superman in one tie-in was heartbreaking.

Batman got what was coming to him though. It confirmed what I was saying for years that Bats couldn't stop a pissed off non mind controlled Supes
>>
>>77693327
True that.
Remind me, Superman hated Batman lying to him about what? I dimly remember Parademons, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm mixing stuff up.
And Batman's infiltration of LexCorp was awesome.
>>
>>77693323
The problem was that DC couldn't accept their main maxiseries not being FIFTY-TWO issues in the Nu52... Were I in 2012, I would shoot a good "fuck you too, Didio!"
>>
>>77692628
>Buying before reading.
>>
>>77692628
it was alright

nice to see Killer Croc get some time to shine
>>
>>77692628
It was too decompressed. For all the storylines there were they could have easily compressed it a bit more and shortened it by a dozen issues at least.

Overall story and different storylines were okay. Though Batwing having the more mystical/magic storyline and Batwoman being lumped in with Barbara and Jason, despite Batwoman doing magic shit for half of her ongoing was kinda dumb... And Owlman coming in at the very end and stealing the spotlight was downright horrible. Also Joker's Daughter shouldn't exist.

Character interactions could've been better or at least more... inventive. Seriously, Jason/Barbara? Jason barely did anything in the entire weekly other than pine after Barbara some and then reject her. Shot guns a few times and snarked but that's about it.

Harper and Steph could have been more fleshed out since there were 52 issues.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.