[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Powerpuff Girls in their FIRST movie https://www.yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Powerpuff_girls_movie.jpg (72 KB, 380x545) Image search: [Google]
Powerpuff_girls_movie.jpg
72 KB, 380x545
>The Powerpuff Girls in their FIRST movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urPIHJzhsLU
>>
>>77691298
Mojo's backstory was cool, but overall it was pretty disappointing.
>>
File: 1stmovie.jpg (23 KB, 214x357) Image search: [Google]
1stmovie.jpg
23 KB, 214x357
Nigga, you don't know shit bout FIRST movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdy4TD1NCRk
>>
>>77691298
Mojo's backstory was cool, but overall it was pretty disappointing.
>>
File: CUa9rTmUEAA_fUF.png (397 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
CUa9rTmUEAA_fUF.png
397 KB, 800x567
>>77691360
Really? I disagree. Great action, fun humor, an entertaining beginning middle and end. As a PPG movie I thought it delivered when I first saw it.
>>
The movie was pretty damn dark compared to the show.
>>
>>77691497
This. I liked the movie.
>>
>>77691427
Was Doug seriously popular enough to warrant a movie?
>>
File: iii.jpg (119 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
iii.jpg
119 KB, 1152x864
>>77691497
This dude knows what's up. Wasn't that bad.
>>
It's just a shame. I mean, this movie did badly in theaters, right?
>>
>>77693849
A tv movie

then some dumbfuck at the network decided it would be better for theaters
>>
>>77691608
It's how censorship works I guess
The Spongebob movie was raunchier than the show for example
>>
>>77691298
In a perfect world, this would've been the first of a trilogy. It would've been followed by See Me Feel Me Gnomey and Powerpuff Girls Rule.
>>
>>77691360
Disagreed. Thought the movie did a great job.

>That scene where Mojo gives a speech to the girls about power, and the girls respond with their own speech
>>
>>77691427
I used to like Nick Doug, and that movie was abysmal.
>>
>>77691298
I don't know if it was a thing only in latin america, but I remember the commercials on Cartoon Network for this movie were bathsit insane, they made a big deal out of townvile being covered in flames. It happened often in the show but here it seemed to be a big deal.
One particular showed several scenes of destruction while very sad music played, even implying the Mayor was dead (that part where he's in the floor), and the girls are never shown, and the last shot was of course that of Townsvile burning, while the title appeared.
I'ce been looking for these like crazy but I can't find them. I still remember them vividly.
>>
One thing bothered me about this movie:

Why make an origin story movie when the PPG's origin is told in 30 SECONDS in the title sequence of EVERY SINGLE EPISODE

it was bound to be a boring movie full of info we already knew, and it was.
>>
>>77691427
I have this on VHS, I remember it was the only VHS I had at the time that I watched it a million times.

And I liked it
>>
>>77691360
Was the episode where Utonium remembers Mojo's origin made before or after the movie?
>>
>>77702322
Before.
>>
>>77691298
So when are we gettin' a trailer for the Adventure Time movie?
>>
>>77695499
The only time I remember it from my childhood was that it had an ad in a Sailor Moon comic that my sis bought.
>>
>>77697518
It wasn't so much for them as it was Mojo.
>>
>>77704156
Mojo's origin was in an episode long before the movie came out. The audience already knew that he was Utonium's former lab monkey.

The only new thing were the other monkeys and the giant Mojo Jojo final boss. Not enough new material to make it worth seeing.
>>
>>77704739
We didn't know how the Professor or the city dealt with them and their powers when they were born, not to mention how they became heroes for Townsville in the first place.
>>
>>77704839
pretty sure that's in the mojo episode too.
>>
>>77704850
I don't recall it being in the Mojo episode honestly.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.