[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hemsworth: Ragnarok Needs More GotG Style Comedy, Director Has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
>"I think [Thor 3] needs to be injected with that sort of smart wit and unexpected kind of humor, kind of what James Gunn came in and did with Guardians [Of The Galaxy]. It was like off center and unpredictable, and I think we can definitely use a dose of that, you know?"
>"I feel we had less of the sort of the naivety or fun or humor that the first [Thor] might have had. I wish we had more of that in the second [movie] … We’ve done regal. We’ve done Shakespeare, and we’ve shown that. I think now it’s time to go, 'Ok, cool. Let’s try something different,' and Taika just had such a brilliant sort of take and funny kind of ideas about where we could [go], how we could do that."

In B4 Marvelfags claim the MCU is anything more than a quippy gag factory with the depth of a wading pool.
"B-but Winter Soldier was a tense political thriller!"

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/What-Thor-Movies-Need-Do-Better-According-Chris-Hemsworth-95857.html
>>
>shawarma
>>
>>77687426
man fuck this.
>>
Further into the trash this goes. I dont want comedy from thor.
>>
Why must every movie they make be a comedy? Id much rather see a movie with greater gravitas and only moments of levity.
>>
>>77687426
The Thor movies, unfortunately, have already been my least favorite movies, so I don't feel a great sense of loss over this.

I didn't expect them to get better anyway.
>>
>>77687426
It's just to ensure that they make a banking. Remember Disney owns marvel now and can do as it pleases, not that it's a good thing.
>>
They think Thor 2 needed MORE humor?!
...SERIOUSLY?!!
>>
>>77687482
Because the memes people can make!
>>
>>77687426
>Ragnarok will be jokes
Nothing like the end of the world for a comedic setting, right?
>>
File: thor-vs-gorr-spread.jpg (596 KB, 1950x1499) Image search: [Google]
thor-vs-gorr-spread.jpg
596 KB, 1950x1499
>Things you will never see in the MCU
>>
>>77687426
>people think TWS is a serious political thriller

top kek

Anyway Thor movies are shit. Next Thor movie will probably follow in that tradition. That's not really a surprise at this point.
>>
Disney turned Marvel's heroes to a joke.
>>
Why is MCU Thor so garbage?
>>
>>77687534
Bendis did that years before Disney.
>>
>>77687541
Because it's a chick flick franchise.
>>
Why dont they try something different and actually make a Thor movie
>>
literally who cares about thor
>>
>>77687532
The directors said that is what it is so thats what people call it, your smugness doesn't change that fact.
>>
>>77687526

>Jason Aaron's thor

>Whor

>Captain Planet's too cheesy for tv archnemis

>Idiot raging Misogynist Stalin Odin

>Pubeface Loki

>Good

Keep that shit as far away from the MCU as possible, please.
>>
>>77687524
Not supporting hemsworth's opinion but it did work for This Is The End.
>>
>>77687541
Because muh Loki.
>>
>No Beta Ray Bill
feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>77687426
>thor/hulk buddy cop movie in spaaaace
I need this
>>
And there it goes the last chance to have an epic Fantasy Thor movie.
>>
>>77687426
>the script: Ragnarök - The last desperate battle of Asgaard
>the movie: Ragnarök - A buddy cop comedy
Well, at least you tried, Chris Yost.
>>
>>77687534
So did the writers
>>
>>77687582
The difference with that is This is the End was taking a frequently-used setting the audience was familiar with and played around with well-established tropes of that genre. There is no Ragnarok genre of films, so the movie can't use the same approach.
>>
Has Marvel been taken over by people that don't read Marvel?
>>
>>77687680
Its about even with how many people co/ actually read comics
>>
>>77687576
YOUR A GOD DAMN FUCKING IDIOT, all that crap you listed came after God Butcher God Bomb which is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>77687696
So who is reading Marvel?!
>>
Will Thor be the most consistently awful superhero movie trilogy ever?
>>
>>77687725
I do but I'm only reading moon knight right now who will never get a movie in my lifetime and its ok
>>
>>77687648
You are the cancer that's killing an already dead genre.
>>
>>77687541
Thor himself isn't bad. The movies just aren't great.
>>
>>77687680
>Has Marvel been taken over by people that don't read Marvel?
The movie people probably read more comics than the comic writers at this point though. I mean this is just Hemsworth. He's just a mediocre actor with a great body. The actors don't need to know the comics.
>>
>>77687426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

MCU is the biggest Monkey Paw in the history of mankind. Fuck.
>>
>>77687541
Thor is a movie that would honestly benefit from the grimdark setting of DC's movies as oppose to the shitty quirky comedy of Marvel's movies.
>>
>>77687766
This... THIS... OMG, T.. H.. I.. S
>>
>>77687750
>You are the cancer that's killing an already dead genre.
The genre may be aweful, but it's not dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBnK2wNQSo
>>
File: 1428263147012.png (79 KB, 360x205) Image search: [Google]
1428263147012.png
79 KB, 360x205
>Ragnarok
>funny and comedic
Fuck this and fuck Marvel. They proved they could do more serious stuff pretty well with Winter Soldier and Daredevil, why do they insist on making 95% of their movies into quippy shitfests? Thor 3 could've been great as a dark fantasy movie, instead they choose the safe and boring comedic shit we've come to expect from the franchise.
>>
>>77687766
Its sad because its true
>>
>>77687484
I really dug Thor 1. I haven't seen Thor 2 but I hear it's nothing like what I was hoping it'd be: a family drama where Asgard is weakened from the destruction of the bifrost, the Dark Elves are pressing their advantage, and instead of being the good son Odin needs of him Thor is fucking off to Earth to protect Jane Foster from being mugged 'n shit.

If there's a series where politics and royal bloodlines and gravitas shit could work, it's Thor, but my hopes are being dashed to all but nothing right now.
>>
>>77687766
Huh. That's a surprisingly clever observation. Though WB also has a habit of making things more "realistic" and that would be even worse.
>>
>>77687711

>>77687711

>>77687711

For those not in the loop, the Gorr "masterpiece" can be summed up as

>guy lives on a shit planet, blames gods for it being so shit

>finds a weapon for killing gods

>proceeds to kill gods

>beats up Thor

>makes Thor his bitch for millions of years

>Thor eventually hits him with TWO hammers because of time travel, and that's enough to beat the godkilling god who is also a god now. Take that, athiests!

The art was absolutely beautiful, there's no question about that. But Aaron has always been complete shit on Thor.
>>
>>77687736
Yes... yes it will.
>>
>>77687798
>and Daredevil
Like the Netflix side has anything to do with any other part of Marvel live action.
>>
>>77687746
Wasn't there like a rumor for a Netflix show awhile back? IDK, I hope that turns out to be true. It would be amazing.
>>
>>77687426
>We’ve done regal. We’ve done Shakespeare, and we’ve shown that. I think now it’s time to go, 'Ok, cool. Let’s try something different,'

What?

No, no you guys haven't. You haven't gotten anywhere fucking near a serious tragedy or drama. You're making a movie about the god damn apocalypse, it should not be a quirky ensemble comedy.
>>
>>77687736
If only Fant4stic was a sequel. Thor wouldn't have to worry.
>>
>>77687482
Comedy is easy, drama is hard.

Also, audiences are increasingly averse to anything that's not feel-good.
>>
>>77687817
No, the story not being complex isnt a fucking flaw, it was written fucking incredibly with more scope and scale than 90% of comics.
>>
>>77687426
WB will do a good myth movie with WW and maybe Aquaman and we'll have three crappy Thor movies.
>>
Well he's not wrong.

When I go to a comic book movie I want it to be comic.

Not because my wounds they will not heal.
>>
Is the capeshit movie/tv show bubble finally going to burst?

One can hope.
>>
I'm starting to think GotG might be the worst thing to happen to the MCU. After Cap 2, I was hoping we'd get some more variety when it comes to the tone of these movies, but after the success of Guardians is seems Marvel just wants to play it safe and lighhearted forever.

Even worse, the whole "le ooga chaka XD" shitty humor is leaking in the comics too.
>>
>>77687886
For Marvel it will.
>>
File: Neverland002.jpg (68 KB, 522x490) Image search: [Google]
Neverland002.jpg
68 KB, 522x490
>>77687879
>comics are comical
Sure.
>>
>>77687900
>Jane appears
>"i wonder what would happen if i used your hammer"
>>
>>77687864
This is actually false. It might have started out as such in the first two issues or so, but utterly falls apart the moment God Butcher ends and it transitions to God Bomb.

Aaron's set-up of telling an overarching story utilizing multiple periods in Thor's life is a really good idea, and Ribic was the perfect artist for it. The problem is that the premise proved too difficult for Aaron to write, resulting in him very quickly utilizing a deus ex machina time travel pool to throw all the Thors together in a horribly decompressed end arc that botched the entire concept he started out with.

It just isn't well written by any means. The initial promise was totally dashed through the author's inability to work with what he set up. A more robust author could make such a premise work and I hope one does some day, but the whole Gorr saga as it stands is a very fine example of a writer biting off far more than they can chew.
>>
>>77687879
Spoken like a true faggot who never read a comic in his life.

Not all of them are funny quipfests, you know.
>>
>levity is inherently bad

I knew this board was full of tryhard edgelords, but you faggots manage to surprise me every day
>>
File: Ultreeeee.png (395 KB, 453x416) Image search: [Google]
Ultreeeee.png
395 KB, 453x416
>>77687426
Who the FUCK thinks comedy when making a movie that deals with THE END OF ALL GODDAMN FUCKING THINGS?

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>77687426
>hey Gaurdians was unique and inventive
>lemme try to appropriate that and mass produce it!
Why on earth would you fucking do that?
>>
File: ForeverBlue.gif (217 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
ForeverBlue.gif
217 KB, 500x333
>>77687925
>>
>>77687940
Just the good ones.
>>
File: Nei Farcisist.jpg (104 KB, 1184x615) Image search: [Google]
Nei Farcisist.jpg
104 KB, 1184x615
>>77687426

>Not Making it a no holds bar full out slug fest between Thor and His Robot Clone, something Manly well can all love and something along the lines of Winter Soldier.

COME ON MARVEL WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!
>>
>>77687946
It's not appropriate when the plot is about the end of the world.

And tedious when every single movie has the same lighthearted tone. Without tension, it becomes hard to care about the characters.
>>
Fuck you Marvel
>>
>>77687958
You're gonna screencap that because I'm not clicking on it to give your tumblr views.
>>
>>77687951
>Guardians made a lot of money
>We want more movies that make lots of money
It's pretty straightforward.
>>
File: 1400917539972.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1400917539972.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>77687951
>Guardians
>unique and inventive
>>
i give up
>>
>>77687984
It doesn't work though, people are dumb but they can kinda tell when something is souless. It's akin to inflation and money reprinting.
>>
> Just finished Jessica Jones
> Loved it
> get high hopes for the eventual Defenders
> see this
> hope for Avengers related films crumbles.

You know something's fucked when you care more for the C-list heroes like JJ and Luke. I honestly want to see the Defenders do shit before I see another Avengers movie.
>>
>>77687958
Im not sure what youre trying to say?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 403x403
Dance off, Jormungand! You and me!
>>
File: 42153253464.png (257 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
42153253464.png
257 KB, 500x375
>ANOTHER action-comedy from Marvel
How original.
>>
File: 1.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
2 MB, 400x267
>>77687426
I feel like I was the only person on /co/ who was actually willing to give Feige the benefit of the doubt and develop expectations for this movie.
Every bit of news we've since heard about it has been like a dagger driven into my heart, inch by inch.
I'm ready to give up on it, /co/. You were right.
>>
>>77688015
You all will consider me a DC fag but I'm really excited to see what the DCEU does, especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies that marvel hasn't been able to achieve. Basically we'll be getting the best comic book movies ever. Love always wins.
>>
>>77687946
Enjoy your quipfests, faggot.
>>
>>77687426
Aren't you glad that that mean ol' Perlmutter and that pesky creative council is gone?

Jokes good! Villains bad!
>>
>>77687968
I don't think general audiences will accept a serious Thor movie.
>>
JUST
>>
>>77688060
That wasn't supposed to be in response to anyone btw.
>>
>>77688051
>implying they'd actually go deep enough to use Jormungand
They're using Hulk instead of a good 3-5 Thor characters that would fill the exact same role. Shit at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even include Surtur.
>>
>>77688060
>Basically we'll be getting the best comic book movies ever.
That's very optimistic, considering the only movie in that universe so far wasn't very good.
>>
>>77688025
>You know something's fucked when you care more for the C-list heroes like JJ and Luke

What do you mean by this? This is generally how things always are. Lemme guess, don't read comics?
>>
>>77688025
>You know something's fucked when you care more for the C-list heroes like JJ and Luke
It's almost like in the actual comics. Everything big gets meddled with so much it all ends up bland garbage at best and the only actually cool stuff is found in oddball writers writing oddball characters.
>>
>>77687958
Hiro what are you doing here
>>
>>77688058
Its okay.
You want a hug?
>>
>>77688060
Thing is, I think Marvel achieved that pretty damn well with Cap 2. It had dark moments, but also parts of levity and hope to keep it from being too grim.

Seems like it was just a fluke though.
>>
>>77688082
I JUST WANT BILL
>>
>>77688060

> especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies that marvel hasn't been able to achieve

Green Lantern was MCU-lite and MoS was a lot of things, but balancing comedy and drama successfully was not it. And now we've got the director of Fury and the director of Monster doing the next films.

Something tells me "balanced" isn't on the menu here. You've got one extreme or the other.
>>
>>77688083
>What?? those big meanies aren't excited for our marvel movies?! Well let's rag on the one movie that was great at everything else except for the writing!
>>
>>77688083
>considering the only movie in that universe so far wasn't very good.
Correct. It was awesome. (Not the guy you're responding to BTW.)
>>
>>77687750
Yeah all Thor movies should be super serious LotR in spaaace, you're absolutely right

You know why they made Antman more of an overt comedy than even the other MCU movies? Because Antman is a ridiculous power set. In the same way, most people think alien viking gods are a ridiculous concept.
>>
>>77687907
Pff. If anything Marvel's the safest of the bunch. People gravitate towards brands, and they're the biggest. WB and Fox are the ones who'll have to pack it in with the cape flicks sooner, just like Sony before them.
>>
File: 1448172178812.gif (464 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1448172178812.gif
464 KB, 500x338
>>77688076

>that feel when you are right anon.

I...I just want something action packed and story driven...is it to much to ask, looks like now a days it is.
>>
>>77687946
I don't mind humor. Moments of levity are great for breaking up the tension but Age of Ultron went way too far with that shit.
>>
File: yujkgyu.jpg (776 KB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
yujkgyu.jpg
776 KB, 1920x2951
>>77687926
>resulting in him very quickly utilizing a deus ex machina time travel pool to throw all the Thors together in a horribly decompressed end arc that botched the entire concept he started out with.
This is all fucking lies. Decompressed is a good thing, The end should not fucking be rushed.
Nothing wrong with the time travel aspect whatsoefuckingever.
Fuck You!
>>
>>77687855
"dying is easy, comedy is hard"
Since when comedy became easy ?
>>
>>77688076
Why? Give us exactly what we have gotten but with the tone of the Lord of the Rings Movies or 300, no reason why that wouldn't be acceptable.
>>
>>77688105
>Seems like it was just a fluke though.

No it was the Russos
>>
Lol people are really butthurt about the DCEU comment, people I'm not a marvel fan (except for Spidey and Daredevil), I've heard so many great things about Thor as a character and it just sucks to see so much potential go to waste now that Marvel is Disney's bitch.

I've seen how competitive Marvel can be with serious stories like Daredevil, JJ, Spidey comics
But it's the sheer fact that THEY DONT WANT TO. their fine with shitting on their characters potential as long as it gets them a quick buck and it's sad really.
>>
>>77688058
I trusted Chris Yost to not write a quiptastic comedy and he did. Too bad the higher ups were immediately afraid of the script and are now doing everything to diminish the effects of it.
>>
>>77688133
Not really because when there are others offering a good difference in a similar product, you might see the brand youre used to isnt so great like you thought.
The Nolan trilogy man bank and i dont believe it was Batman but how different it was from the other caoe movie that came out around the same time.
>>
>>77688180
>give us exactly what we've gotten but different
The fuck are you trying to say anon?
>>
>>77688155
>Let's throw in a time-travel pool at the end of this six-issue arc because I can't figure out a way to resolve this in distinct separate time periods!

>And let's have the overwhelming majority of the second half of the story be two Thors standing around talking without much action at all until the last issues

>This is good pacing!

Like dude, I get that Marvel Now was a jumping-on point for a lot of people but just because it was one of your first books doesn't mean you should be blind to it's faults. It's a wide medium, you should look around.
>>
>>77688194
retard detected
>>
>>77688119
Point to where I said anything about Marvel movies.

Jesus fuck, consolewarfags are unbearable.
>>
>>77688192
>The Russos will save Marvel! The Russos are the greatest! Based Russos!
>Looks around for the next savior for when they inevitably do something terribly stupid.
>>
>>77687426
>In B4 Marvelfags claim the MCU is anything more than a quippy gag factory with the depth of a wading pool.
You say that as if one exclude the other.

Also, nothing wrong with quips.
>>
>>77688166
Because there are lower standards for comedy than for drama. It's easy to make dumb people laugh. It's a lot harder to get people to feel other emotions.
>>
>>77687974
>>
>>77688264
THIS. BASED ANON.
>>
>>77687850
Thor 1 was directed by a Shakespeare guy. There were verbose shouting matches in regal halls and angst over parentage and old men having heart attacks.
Chris just so happens to be forgetting that was only, like, 10% of the movie.
>>
>>77688192
It's been one movie.

Wait until Civil War comes out and we'll see how quickly /co/ turns on them.
>>
File: This.jpg (106 KB, 975x500) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
106 KB, 975x500
>>77688264
It's happened so many times I'm surprised that people never learn.
>>
>>77687867
I was going to watch both anyway, but hearing it slept out like this is kinda depressing.
>>
I really hope both BvS and Apocalypse wreck Marvel's shit this summer

They are in desperate need of a humbling.
>>
>>77688166
When standards of humor dropped.
>>
>>77688299
lol
>>
>>77688299
THIS. BASED ANON.
>>
>>77688225
>>Let's throw in a time-travel pool at the end of this six-issue arc because I can't figure out a way to resolve this in distinct separate time periods!
He never said or promised they would be resolved separately, their is nothing flawed with the path he took.
>>77688225
>>And let's have the overwhelming majority of the second half of the story be two Thors standing around talking without much action at all until the last issues
Their is plenty of action and the banter between the Thor's was actually good.

I started getting comics in 2006, But I have read plenty of older runs. Marvel Now was 2013/14.
Fuck You.
>>
>>77687968
Fuck off, you want something manly pit him against Surtur or Mangog or even fucking Ulik. RoboThor should be forgotten.
>>
>>77688264
I do look forward to the day Marvelkeks turn on them like they did Joss Whedon.
>>
>>77688299
Not gonna happen. Civil War will make a shitton of money and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

RDJ, Spidey, casual magnet CW storyline, there's no way in hell it will flop. That piece of shit Iron Man 3 made over a billion, it's not like viewers care if the movie is bad or good.
>>
>>77688060
>especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies
You're describing Fox.
DC's still rolling all their film through muddy puddles, don't get your hopes up for any "balance" to be struck by them.
>>
>>77688349
THIS. BASED ANON.
>>
>>77687541
Thor 1 is average, but Thor 2 is fucking great. The hate for it make no sense.
>>
File: LetItGo.gif (3 MB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
LetItGo.gif
3 MB, 299x240
>People pledging loyalty to comic book publishers and fighting for them no matter what they do
>>
>>77688264
All the Marvel movies have been at least good so far, so it doesn't need any saving.
>>
>>77688372
Lol you'll do anything then just admit DC is doing good so far huh? You marvel fags really need to stop.
>>
>>77687426
>ragnaok
Sounds gr8
>supposed to be dark
Finally
>comedy director
Uhhh...
>Hulk is in it
Fuck yeah
>female villain
No Surtur?...
>We want the GotG audience
Just cluck my shit up
>>
>>77688119
You like a shitty movie, anon. No harm in admitting that. The MCU's shitty too, acting as though this is an either-or scenario makes you look like a bitch.
>>
>>77688397
I don't pledge any loyality, I have simply enjoyed all of the MCU production so far.

i can not say the same from the comics.
>>
>>77687426
Just quip my shit up fAm.
>>
>>77688398
Maaaaaaaan, you're gonna get SO many >implyings.
>>
>>77688410
calling someone a bitch cuz of their opinion on movies makes you look like a child
>>
>>77688264
I'm worried because Civil War had so many changes and meddeling and it seems so cluttered over all.
>>
>>77688410
No, what your clearly trying to do is if someone doesn't like a marvel movie then they shouldn't like a DC movie either because it's "not fair" or something, but so far I think WB/DC is doing pretty good but I'll admit some stuff they've done is questionable but not enough to make me super cautious and hesitant like Marvel.
>>
>smart wit
>shwarma
>>
But anyway aside for the DCEU looking better, I'm glad anon brought up the god of thunder comic it looks good, Thor seems like a really cool character.
>>
File: yanoposh.jpg (145 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
yanoposh.jpg
145 KB, 500x333
>>77688401
I will when they DO good, instead of trotting out utter shite.
>>
>>77688454
Though seriously. It's like people don't enjoy fun anymore.
>be european
>get to see MCU movie one week early
what a nice movie, can't wait to talk about it next week with the rest of the board
>next week happens
>lots of people hate it
waaaaaaat?

That has been me for IM3, Thor 2 and Avengers 2.

Though for avengers 2, I was expecting it more because everyone was in a "I hate Joss whedon" mood already, but I still didn't expect internet feminist to complain about Black Widow, especially has their complain are either baseless or even in contradiction with the movie.
>>
>>77687426
>GotG Style Comedy
aka memes
>>
Thor doesn't need to be comedy.
But then again it didn't need that fucking romance either and they went with that for two movies, so maybe this will be an improvement over that at least.
>>
>>77688456
If only that's what the post was doing, instead of pointing fingers & citing conspiracies because other people DARED not share that opinion.
>>
>>77688535
The only GotG meme we got was "Dance of bro" and even that was forced as shit.
>>
>>77688535
GotG didn't use any memes tho.

It created some, which the comics then used.
>>
>>77688401
Not the anon you are talking to, but So far, DC has only put out one movie in their new DCCU and people are very ivided about it.

Though so far, BMvsSM as well as Suicide Squad look both promising.
>>
>>77688533
Geeks tend to tie their hobbies far too closely to their identity.
>>
>>77688533
People love fun. Look at The Flash's response on /co/.

What they don't like in insincerity and a refusal to have any real tension.
>>
>>77688155
Are you twelve? Each one of your replies to that other anon's arguments have been nothing but "Fuck you! You're wrong! It was great!" with no actual counter arguments
>>
>>77688459
What's fairness got to do with it? Fox is doing better than either anyway.
>>
File: Blue_Lantern_Ring.jpg (34 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Lantern_Ring.jpg
34 KB, 600x600
>>77688060
>especially when they manage to find the balance between dark moments and comedy elements in their movies that marvel hasn't been able to achieve.
When that happens it will be a point. Until then, keep holding onto this.
>>
>>77687815
Not really, in MoS Superman wasn't changed to be more realistic but the setting was.

That's what the DCEU is going for I think, putting comic-book characters in the real world.
>>
>>77688604
If you'd read God Butcher, you'd understand.
>>
>>77688119
>Well let's rag on the one movie that was great at everything else except for the writing!
That's like saying "He's perfectly healthy, except for the five pound brain tumor"
>>
File: 1366334672925.png (209 KB, 396x394) Image search: [Google]
1366334672925.png
209 KB, 396x394
>>77688643
THIS. BASED ANON.
The art direction was shit too.
>>
>>77688533
Or maybe you just have low standards and arent worn out by similair products
>>
All marvel studios movies are generic shit
>>
>>77687766
I hate that this is actually true.
Well, either that, or just keep him off of Earth. Thor should be off doing nine realms shit, not in Arizona with a "We're pretending we hired her for her comedy skills" Kat Dennings.

>>77688623
I wouldn't even call it real world, because they waffled as to the realism for what fit any given scene.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 342x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 342x491
>>77687426
QUIP THAT SHIT UP BRAH

http://youtu.be/TeXatquVqAc
>>
>>77688643
Well that was Goyers fault, we've gotten rid of him now and replaced him with Terrio, see you in March BITCH.
>>
File: Superwat.png (468 KB, 543x456) Image search: [Google]
Superwat.png
468 KB, 543x456
>>77687426
>le comedy of thunder
When will Marvel take Thor seriously?
>>
>>77688676
It will always be funny seeing comic book fans preaching about high standards.
>>
>>77688671
I used that metaphor for a specific reason.
See, a guy with a five pound brain tumor? He's fucked, yes, but he'd make a great organ donor. His lungs and kidneys and liver and heart can still be used.
Man of Steel is the same way. The writing is so terrible that the movie can't be salvaged, but the actors, the soundtrack, even the art direction, those aren't necessarily bad. They could (potentially) be used to great effect in other projects.
>>
>>77688603
>What they don't like in insincerity and a refusal to have any real tension.
Which is something the MCU stray away from.
>>
>>77688742
Seconded.
>>
>>77688735
So instead of a mediocre writer with a bunch of works to his name of varying qualities, I'm supposed to get hyped by a writer that's done ONE thing of note that isn't even in the same genre?

No, you won't see me in March. You'll see me six months after that when the blu-ray torrents are up for download.
>>
>>77688701
Kek

The reason Marvel Studios shit is so successful is because of how generic and appealing it is to various normie demographics

Setting it on Earth is a main factor
>>
>>77688754
>Not muh Superman!
Lol
>>
>>77688738
>When will Marvel take Thor seriously?
hopefully never, Thor sucks
>>
>>77688603
Well, about that, I have watched the first 3 episode of Flash (never watched Arrow), and I am not too keen on it does it get better. I can tell it has heart but the writing of the dialogue tend to be, I don't know how to describe it, but I'd say artificial. The characters seems a bit too clean out of the mold and it sometimes feel like generic drama pasted on a super hero setting.

I mean, just on the second episode, professor Wheelchair just pop up to clap that doctor, make a snide remark and then goes away. what was the point of that?

The reactions of the people to the supernatural seem sometimes like an amteurish play. I am sorry, I am not good at expressing why something please or don't please me, I just can tell when it work and doesn't. And with those 3 episode I had a regular feeling of how I felt from time to time with Season 1 of SHEILD. And it's a feeling of immersion breaking I never had while watching MCU movies.

Does it get better? Is there an improvement with the Flash episodes? thanks.
>>
I bet you fags never watched Boy or Flight of the Conchords. Taika Waititi is the man. Thor 2 had whedon meddling in with the jokes, Thor 3 will have based Kiwi humour.
>>
>>77688742
>It will always be funny seeing capefas preaching about high standards.
ftfy
>>
>>77688787
Nah he could have been amazing if Thor movies weren't just ads for the next Avengers flick.
>>
>>77688785
>Not muh Snyder/Goyer/WB!
???
>>
>>77688533
You sound like the breed of human executives and corporations love.
>>
>>77688784
Lord of the rings and Star Wars are successful, and those don't take place on earth.
>>
>>77688369
>If it makes money that means it good.
Im pretty sure he means storywise and such. No ones doubting it wont make money
>>
>>77688787
Which Thor comics have you actually read, anon?
Because you sound like a dude who's based his entire opinion of him off of the movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 600x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 600x736
>Ragnarok is releasing the same year as Wonder Woman

this gon b gud
>>
>>77688820
Not really. I just watch the movies once and I am good with that.
What the executives and corporations love are the people who go see the movies several times, buy the DVDs, buy the toys and figurine and derived products and make youtube videos about it.

I am just someone who enjoy stuffs.
>>
I've long since accepted that movie Thor will never be good, I can only hope they don't bother with other villains because they will be ruined as well.
>>
>>77688853
I can see it now. Fangirls flock to Thor for a shirtless Hemsworth and their bae Loki, then go home and complain about how no one is seeing Wonder Woman because of the sexist patriarchy.
>>
>>77688853
WW will shit all over Thor in the boxoffice.
>>
>>77688738
There is comedy with Thor comics, though.

I mean, people seems to only remember the humor, but I also enjoyed it for the drama. Thor 2 is the movie that flesh out best Thor and Loki's relationship.
>>
File: whiskey men.jpg (30 KB, 600x574) Image search: [Google]
whiskey men.jpg
30 KB, 600x574
>>77687426
>yfw Thor 3 will be an inverted Iron Man 3
>>
>>77688904
Thor comics aren't 90% comedy like his movies are. That's the problem.
>>
>>77688870
Thor 2 is good.
>>
>>77687426

Hahahah

>Increasing comedy as a solution to Marvel's worst film franchise being shit

Yeah more laughs is why people didn't enjoy Thor. It's because the plots and villains are shit and none of the actors want to be there. See Elba or Hopkins.
>>
>>77688853
bombing children with white phosphorus and annexing your heart's heights.
>>
>>77688919
No, it's not.
>>
>>77688870
Literally how could they ruin Surtur.
He destroys shit because he's literally made of fire. That's it. You can't fuck that up.
>>
>>77688917
The movies weren't 90% comedy either.
>>
>>77688844
Still goes against the marvel formula of being is generic as possible
>>
>>77688919
Thor 1 is better.
>>
>>77688933
Look how they fucked up the Destroyer
>>
>>77688919
Worst capeshit of 2013
>>
>>77688950
I have no idea what you mean by "generic as possible'. Frankly it sounds like one of those weasel words like "epic" that's been used to the point that its lost all meaning.
>>
>>77688961
How?
>>
File: 1.jpg (159 KB, 1296x774) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
159 KB, 1296x774
And now I've given up on the mcu

Based fox and dc will demolish mcu next year, it's not even funny.
>>
>>77688979
>Ooh destroy cars woops tornado -> ded
Pathetic and anticlimatic
>>
>>77688844
The LOTR films are over 10 years old and SW over 30. Audiences then aren't the same as now, especially not in a post-Avengers world.
>>
File: X-Men does it better.jpg (153 KB, 732x726) Image search: [Google]
X-Men does it better.jpg
153 KB, 732x726
>>77689005
These two studios just put out more memorable films.
>>
>>77689005
Lol you shouldn't have don't that, apparently if we hate the mcu movies then we HAVE to hate DC and FOX movies too, lol I guess all the hate is making mcu fags lonely.
>>
>>77688898
That really depends on her reception in BvS.
>>
>>77688971
That would be Iron Man 3.
>>
File: 1.jpg (112 KB, 504x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
112 KB, 504x960
>>77688853
Wonder woman will literally destroy Thor
>>
>>77689024
>The LOTR films are over 10 years old and SW over 30.
We had a Hobbit movie last year. And we''re getting a Star Wars movie in less than a month. They're still relevant.
>>
>>77689010
Okay, and? Destroyer's literally an object, not a major antagonist. It looked like it did in the comics and blew shit up; that's as good as it gets.
If Surtur gets used as a lackey or patsy (presuming he gets used at all) you'll have a case.
>>
>>77689027
Based fox/marvel
>>
>66 posters
>200+ replies

Dckeks samefagging again. Who would have thought
>>
>>77689034
Haha I know, mcu friends are funny

Dc and fox are superior in everyway
>>
>>77689027
Why did /co/ shit on DOFP when it came out?

I almost never see anything good said about the Fox X-Men movies here.
>>
Thor doesn't need humor. It's welcomed, but it should be epic adventure first and not amazing adventures of Thor in subway to villain.
>>
>>77689043
Iron Man 3 is actually GOAT.

It's the second coming of Lethal Weapon, I fucking love it.
>>
>>77688533
>eurotrash
>thinking his opinion matters
>>
>>77688933
>Fucked up Destroyer
>Nerfed Odin
>Fucked up dark elves
>Fucked up Warriors Three
>Fucked up the franchise
It's shit
>>
>>77689114
Dunno. Considering they're better than either Marvel's or DC's output.
>>
>>77689107
>and fox
I appreciate you guys updating the meme to include Fox, and hope this persists after Deadpool comes out.
>>
>>77689143
What was wrong with Warriors 3? Apart from Volstagg not being cartoonishy fat?
>>
>>77689146
>>77688977
Marvel studios has put out zero great or meaningful movies

WB has TDK, Superman 1, 2 and Batman 1989
Fox has 3 Xmen movies and DD DC is wonderful
Sony has 2 spiderman movies

Marvel has nothing on par with those, nothing that even tried
>>
Dc fans are so deep into hating marvel that they praise marvel movies (xmen) in an effort to make marvel look bad
>>
>>77689114
>Why did /co/ shit on DOFP when it came out?
I like DoFP but its pretty guilty of the same thing as the rest of the X-men movies; it cares about Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto, with no one else ever getting to do anything of note or value. And ever since First Class, Mystique is added to that special clique of mutants that actually get to survive past one movie and do something.

Also it's pretty fucked up that as a result the allegory for prejudice centers on attractive white people.
>>
>>77689114
They're ok movies, but they're fucking shit X-Men movies.

Call me when they actually use the team and develop the mutants instead of jerking off Wolverine, Jennifer Lawrence and Magneto/Xavier.
>>
>>77688930
Yes, it is.
>>
>>77689205
FOREVER true.
>>
>>77689027

Claremont shit > Whedon shit

Does this really surprise anyone.

I'll go even further.

X-men > The Avengers

It's been like this for decades.

Fox > Disney

Now do you guise get it?
>>
>>77689196
Drone mad i see
>>
>>77688958
No, Thor 1 is more dull, it's okay, but Thor 2 is better.
>>77689043
No Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man movie.
>>
>>77689194
>great or meaningful movies
>great or meaningful
Meaningless buzzwords to justify and elevate subjective taste.
Also why is Batman Begins frowned upon? DD? You mean the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie? We like that now? Doesn't Sony have 5 Spider-man movies? Which ones are we counting?
>>
>>77689107

DC movies, DC CW, Fox Marvel and Netflix Marvel are where it's at.

Why anyone would sit through ABC Marvel or Disney Marvel movies is beyond me.
>>
>>77689194
All of the Marvel Studios movie are great.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57 KB, 570x683) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57 KB, 570x683
>>77689098
Ahahaahahh

>doesn't know what a conversation is

/mcu/ckolds everyone

Based fox and dc
>>
>>77689237
When I read about what happened to the subplots in DoFP I kind of started hating it.
>Future Sentinels capture Rogue and reverse engineer her powers, that's why they can copy mutant abilities
>Old ass Xavier and Magneto have to storm the base, fight Master Mold, and rescue Rogue
>Kitty ends up getting terminally injured, Rogue absorbs her powers so that she can help keep up the connection to the past.

Versus

>Let's make it about Mystique instead! I don't care if it doesn't make sense! We paid for JLAW!
>>
>>77689219
>why are the most popular characters the most prominent
Mind boggling

>>77689243
Avengers literally doesn't have a great run or arc

>>77689258
>we
Not a hivemind
Watch the DC and form your own opinion

>>77689276
Good pleb
>>
File: 1.jpg (40 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40 KB, 620x400
>>77689196
No, we praise good movies

You marvel sheep don't think for yourselves.

The only thing you wash is your brain.
>>
Dc fans are depressing.
>>
>>77688735
>We
Stop. DC is a company, not your family. They don't even know you, let alone give a fuck about you.
>>
>>77689360
>Watch the DC and form your own opinion
Oh! Director's Cut.
Yeah, the directors cut of Daredevil *is* pretty good. Actually the director's cut of Fantastic Four was also pretty good too.
>>
>>77689392
Just like their shitty movies.
>>
>>77689364
I praise good movie too, this is why I praise the MCU movies.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it bad.
>>
>>77689392
Marvel fags are depressing, but I'll admit it was a dick move on our part to laugh during your time of mourning of the Thor franchise. Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>77688793
It's not well-written but it's entertaining.
>>
>>77689410
Imo the only good Marvel studios movies were IM, CA 2, IH.
>>
>>77689359
I was fucking thinking that so hard. She copies kooks not powers, Rogue makes more sense and if thry wanted more Jlaw, make her rogue's mother who doesnt want her daughter to go through that shit.
>>
>>77689364
>No, we praise good movies
Which is why you're marketing one that's not even out yet. :^)
>>
>>77689419
Shit, not as if they don't do the same when WB is hit with bad news.
>>
>>77687426
Holy shit, I feel bad for Taika. The dude is a good director and his rep is going to be tarnished for this shit.
>>
>>77689408
HIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>77688977
Marvel Studios makes safe, by-the-book movies with a very basic, re-usable plot structure. They avoid getting too serious or experimental, and are strategically made to appeal to the widest audience possible.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.