[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever happened to Robot Jone, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Whatever happened to Robot Jone, /co/?
>>
>>77686942
> being a children 2000s show
> not being a weeaboo-wannabee flash CGI crap

probably this
>>
More importantly, whatever happened to Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?
>>
Probably recieved a Robotomy.
>>
File: RobotJonesKisses.jpg (560 KB, 1660x677) Image search: [Google]
RobotJonesKisses.jpg
560 KB, 1660x677
>>77686942
>Sweet Home Alabama
>I'll Never Buff My Chassis Again.

Love This Scene
>>
>>77687075
Isnt that for him the equivalent of just removing the lightbulb on his head?
>>
>>77687095
>that quality
>that resolution
>>
In the last episode he self destructs.
He doesn't die though.
>>
>>77687108
eh, every little bit helps.
>>
>>77686942
He blow his circuits in May of 2004
Never forget
>>
He gets his voice module retroactively replaced.
>>
How did a robot hand and a gas station conceive a metal boy robot?
>>
That poor Scantron machine...
>>
>>77687373
Well, the arm did most of the assembly.
The pump probably just gave the fuel.
>>
He died when his voice was changed from MacInTalk Pro English Junior to some kid with a robotic-sounding filter.
>look up discussion on the show and what people think of it
>everything is about the voice change
>HURRR GUYS IT'S SPEAKONIA XD
I'm convinced that a lot of people who are nostalgic about this show were clouded by childhood amnesia or just outright not born when it aired.
>>
In latin america Robot Jones always had a voice actor, but for some reason the voice still changed drastically halfway through it. The first one tried to sound robotic while the second didn't.
But he never sounded like a kid. Watching the later/redubbed episodes in english, I think he sounds cute.
>>
>>77686942
I love the animation style of this and Superjail. It feels like the 80's in the best possible way, Moonbeam City notwithstanding
>>
>>77689174
>that nightmare sequence (7:44)
https://vimeo.com/129745927
>>
>>77689534
I think the show was actually set on the 80s
>>
Its already fucking impossible to find episodes of this show online

Its already fucking improbable to find the same episodes un-re-recorded with the Mac in Talk jr voice

Bobby Block can choke on a dick.
>>
File: Ar5sYTz.png (544 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
Ar5sYTz.png
544 KB, 639x479
Fuck this episode and it's synthesizer.
>>
its quite a feat to find a voice actor worse than a text to speech program
but they did it somehow
>>
File: peetah.jpg (95 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
peetah.jpg
95 KB, 599x449
>>77690085
>un-re-recorded
>
>>77690243
Don't discredit MacInTalk. Even the very mechanical voices from MacInTalk 2 (ideal version to run on a SE/30 or similar late-80's machine) can be made to say funny shit with the right timing and pronunciation tricks. The new versions since OS X can actually sing (perl script with ABC song file and lyrics file), and the old voices, such as Junior, are quite good at it. The new "enhanced" voices, intended to sound natural, are actually quite shit at singing songs. Ever heard a computer's voice crack? Apple seems to have invented this by mistake.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.