[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently discovered Bob's Burgers. I've watched the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Bob's_Burgers_promo[1].png (92 KB, 250x338) Image search: [Google]
Bob's_Burgers_promo[1].png
92 KB, 250x338
I recently discovered Bob's Burgers. I've watched the first 3 episodes and I like it.

What does /co/ think?
>>
Louise is a psychopath and will join Isis for the thrill.
>>
Mediocre. First few eps were nice, but it isn't a very strong show.
Did the world really need another tepid family sitcom?

It's a shame Jon Benjamin is only getting recognised now for so-so shows like Archer and Bob's Burgers and not for stuff he pretty much improvised in Home Movies and Dr. Katz.
>>
>>77684336
It's pretty good. Most of /co/ loves it. It takes a dip around season 4, but then gets a little better in 5.
>>
>>77685077
>Mediocre. First few eps were nice, but it isn't a very strong show.
I'd argue the opposite, season 1 was really weak but seasons 2-4 are great. It's only recently that it's started to falter.
>>
>>77684336
It's okay. It's not brilliant but it's not bad either. It's somewhere around King of the Hill level.
>>
Best animated comedy in a long time. It's on par with classic Futurama but with less feels and more laughs.

>>77685077
This guy's a fucking retard. Don't listen to him.

>implying Archer is on the same tier as Bob's Burgers
>implying old stoner garbage is better

I want to shoot you in the head.
>>
>>77686859
>It's only recently that it's started to falter.

For me, it hasn't really faltered or fallen from grace or anything. It's just really samey and its getting old. They don't have to kill off a character or something, but I'd like for something to freshen it up.
>>
>>77686897
Dr. Katz I'd say is more for Jewish New Yorkers than it is for stoners but okay
>>
>>77687512
That fucking animation style makes you throw up right away
>>
>>77688182
lol guess I can't argue that, still love the show for the characters and stand up though
>>
Season 1 is pretty different and some aren't very high on it but it might be my favorite season, it definitely has the most unique style and humor.

Seasons 2/3 are both very good, probably the show's "prime".

Season 4 is still pretty good but I feel like this is where the show starts to dip in quality. There are more bland episodes than any previous seasons and not many that really stand out as great.

Season 5 is the lowest point in the show for me. Only a few good episodes, the rest are just straight up boring.

Season 6 seems better than 5 so far but about on S4's level to me. The only standout episode so far has been the Thanksgiving episode.

Overall it's worth watching. It's not as amazing as many people make it out to be, but it's not nearly as bad as all the contrarians on here say it is.
>>
>>77688305
>Overall it's worth watching
Ditto.
Spent a sick week watching the entire run for the first time last month and I don't regret it.
>>
Home Movies is leagues better than Bob's Burgers. It's not a bad show, but it's not a great one either.
>>
>>77684336
/co/ doesnt like it
but i do
>>
>>77686931
this. it's a decent cartoon and i am always looking forward to see a new ep, but they could be more experimental.
>>
>>77688423
Your opinion is wrong. I have nothing against Home Movies, but it's not even close to Bob's Burgers.
>>
File: child-molester2.webm (165 KB, 640x341) Image search: [Google]
child-molester2.webm
165 KB, 640x341
>>77684336
I like it too.
>>
File: smack.webm (328 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
smack.webm
328 KB, 640x360
>>77686897
>implying
This practice hurts your argument.
>>
>>77692787
I didn't think it was possible for the show to look even uglier, is this the pilot?
>>
>>77692845
Yes it is. That boy with the glasses is original Tina.
>>
Home Movies watered down for a network audience and the millenium generation.
>>
>>77684336
Keep watching. It's a really fun show.
The school musical and the one where Bob becomes a teacher are the best, save them for last
>>
>>77684336
It's fucking shit. I can't believe people actually think this show is funny. All of the comedy either comes from most of the characters being selfish assholes, the women being voiced by men, how awkward and quirky Tina is or how loud and retarded the other children are.
>>
>>77694945
>>77695256
both these posts are correct

no, I don't know how either, but I agree with both of them 100%
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.