[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nicolas Cage Talks 'Superman Lives'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Cage_Lives.jpg (353 KB, 437x669) Image search: [Google]
Cage_Lives.jpg
353 KB, 437x669
>Cage hasn't lost any affection for the character, despite never getting to don the blue and red tights himself. "I do think that I had the win-win situation, because that character is such a bullseye that you have to hit. He's one of the most precious icons of our country."

>"The fact that Tim and I were pretty far down the road designing ["Superman Lives"], and I know that with Tim and where I was going to go, we would have done something really special," recalls Cage. "At least it's out there in the ether that that could have happened, but we don't have to make the movie. It's still interesting to people."

Thoughts? Would he have been a good Superman?

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/03/19/nicolas-cage-superman-lives-kickstarter-doc/
>>
I doubt it. The Skull ship looked pretty cool though. Also fuck spiders.
>>
>>77680499
spiders are the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom
>>
>>77680514
I thought that was polar bears.
>>
literally no one thinks that Cage would have been a good Superman
>>
Short Answer: Hell No
Long Answer: i like he has such a passion but Cage is not the right person for this kind of character. They would have to completely rewrite him to fit Cage to the point he wouldnt be the hero he idolizes.
>>
Is there a reason this is considered some kind of pop culture thing big enough to continuously get articles and have spider robots joked about all the time? What am I missing that makes this different from any other movie pitch that falls through?
>>
>>77680416

I'd like to see a comic adaptation of this. Just get the script, get the dialogue or adapt it and release a small mini-series.
The publicity alone will make this comic a hit.
>>
>>77680553
The documentary brought up a good point about how Michael Keaton worked as the kind of Bruce Wayne you wouldn't expect to be Batman, and that's what they tried to do with Cage as Superman. Thing is, Batman has the luxury of being completely covered up, face and all. Harder to do with someone like Supes.
>>
>>77680416
hed be a pretty good jor-el
>>
I honestly wish he'd done this instead of ruining Ghost Rider. No one care if there's a bad Superman movie, because it's the status qou. But Ghost Rider is barley known by comparison, which made the horrible movies even more detrimental.
>>
>>77680416
>because that character is such a bullseye that you have to hit.
Sure, buddy. That's why only two of the seven films have been good.
>>
>>77680416
Hell no. Thank you based Cavill
>>
>>77681302
Four of the seven live-action Superman films have been good. Two of them are great, "Superman" (1978) and "Man of Steel". "Superman Returns" is unfairly maligned in my opinion, it has some severe missteps but can at the very least be called good. Especially in comparison to "Superman" III and IV.
>>
>>77681051
This makes me wonder, were there ever Batman suits that Keaton tried on that never made it to the completed film? Did they ever release something like his audition for the role or anything?
>>
>>77683401
What is the fourth good one?
>>
>>77683542
Superman II
>>
>>77683567
Fair enough.
The two to which I was referring were Superman (1978) and Superman Returns, which I agree with you on.

I also acknowledge the Richard Donner Cut of Superman II as a third good Superman film, but I usually have to argue for quite a while to get that point across.

Man of Steel is average at best.
>>
>>77680416
>Thoughts? Would he have been a good Superman?

No, but if they kept him and then also made Courtney Cox cast as Lois and Matthew Perry as Jimmy it would probably be one of the most 90's films ever.
>>
>>77683586
Chris Rock was going to be Jimmy.
>>
>>77681196
I think it's safe to say people give less of a shit about a crap Ghost Rider movie than a bad Superman film
>>
>>77680416
>>77683586
>>77683603
It would have been shit

But I guarantee /co/ would have loved it
>>
>>77683640
/co/ is short for /co/ntrarian. You weren't told?
>>
>>77683640
I disagree, /co/ doesn't think too highly of the Burton Batman films overall, hard to imagine you'd see much praise here for his take on Superman
>>
>>77683603
He and Perry were on the list of possible candidates, according to that documentary. Chris Rock as a possible candidate made it into the news reports though.
>>
>>77683640
>>77683658
This guy here >>77683646 is right.

If everyone else hates it, /co/ will love it, and vice versa.
>>
>>77683674
You're right, /co/ sure did love Fantastic Four and Green Lantern
>>
>>77683640
/co/ didn't exist in the 90s.
>>
>>77681196
>ghost rider
>ruined

those movies are probably some of the greatest movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>77683752
People here still have opinions on things that happened before /co/'s existence
>>
>>77683772
And they are by no means united in those opinions. Not even the boundless force of nostalgia is enough to keep people from arguing back and forth over how Joker was portrayed in Batman 88. Go start a thread about Batman and Robin and see how many people argue it's still entertaining in spite of being so terribly flawed and how many people just repeat Arnold until it drops off the board.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.