[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, /co/. You might not like this movie, but can you at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: bebes-kids.jpg (116 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
bebes-kids.jpg
116 KB, 600x400
Okay, /co/. You might not like this movie, but can you at least appreciate it for what it tried to do? It was definitely different, at the time. Most people didn't see it, because they automatically assumed it was just for black people which wasn't even the case. What do you think?
>>
>>77677435
never heard of it
was it US release only?
looks like its for black people
>>
>>77677435
i think people hate this because they sucks the dick of doug walker.... when he says something they automatically agree.....
>>
>>77677715
Nah, I hate it hecause it sucks.

Big ass Milf was pretty cool, though.
>>
>>77677435
It's the only thing Reginald Hudlin's ever helped to make that was worth a damn.
>>
>>77677435
>can you at least appreciate it for what it tried to do?
What did it do, exactly?

>It was definitely different, at the time.
So was "The Calamari Wrestler". What's your point?
>>
I did like this movie as a child, but I haven't seen it in years. Not sure if the nostalgia factor would hold up.

yes i'm black
>>
>>77677435
I liked it, mostly the animation.

Bruce W. Smith (director) later went on to create The Proud Family, Disney Channel's first original cartoon.
>>
>>77677435
There are far worse animated movies out there. It isn't "good" by any means (except for the animation, which is top-notch for the time). It also deserves some credit for being mostly geared toward adults. All animated feature films that are intended for adults deserve some credit for simply taking the risk. It is, however, pure blaxsploitation.
>>
>>77677435
it looks like one of those things made to appeal purely to black people, and maybe its me but that kind of entertainment also comes off as just plain stupid most of the time

I also don't get it from a marketing stand point whats the point of a show or movie meant to appeal only to a minority group instead of trying to appeal to everyone, or at larger groups like appealing to all women or men
>>
>>77677986
Why would you assume it's all about marketing? Such films tend to be made by small, close-knit studios who often want to aim for a niche crowd so they can have a distinct voice. Sure, they want to make money, but they don't ONLY want to make money.
>>
>>77677435
mediocre but not so awful as to inspire hatred.
>>
I watched this it's kinda terrible but at least memorable.
>>
>>77677435
TEST TUBE BIBBY

I remember loving it as a kid. Haven't seen it in years though. Used to play this and House Party all the time.
>>
>>77677435
>they automatically assumed it was just for black people which wasn't even the case.

It. Was. The. Case.
>>
>>77677986
>and maybe its me but that kind of entertainment also comes off as just plain stupid most of the time
Because it looks ridiculous to people outside that group
Its like fedora's looking at Vaggietales and automatically dismissing it
>>
Does anybody even remember who Robin Harris was?

The film itself wasn't that great. It's a formulatic man meets woman with kids, but the kids don't immediately warm up to him in the beginning kind of script.

It's cute. It has it's moments. It was nice to see Ton Loc get work after his second album failed to hit the charts. One can only sample from Van Halen and Foreigner so many times before it becomes repetitive.
>>
>>77677715
>....
>.....
Go away.
>>
I liked it.
>>
I actually enjoyed this as a kid. I kind of want to watch it again to see if it holds up.
>>
>>77677851
This post entirely. I've been too scared to go back and watch it. I'd rather just keep my vague pleasant memories intact.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.