[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eight episodes just to return to the status quo.[/quote]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
Eight episodes just to return to the status quo.[/quote]
>>
This was pretty much the longest filler for a cartoon.
>>
>>77671979
>filler

Theres that word again
>>
>>77670802
a least is not sugfg
>>
File: inigo-montoya_that-word[1].jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
inigo-montoya_that-word[1].jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>77671979
>filler
>>
I wish bubblegum would've stayed an exile, I really liked the direction her story was going.
Also wish we got to see more of the vampires.
>>
>>77670802
Vampire king was cool though
>>
>>77672007
it's better than comfy
>>
>>77670802
it was fun though. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>77676840
too sad they are all dead exept the king who is just gonna be Marceline imaginary frined for like forever
>>
Gee, it's like they are made of hacks. It's like somehow being a vampire stunts your emotions magically. It's like they never even had a breakthrough saying "Man... immortality didn't make me emotionally immature, I did because I refused to grow up and just live in a day by day cycle." Nope, just "lol I was like mortal for 10 minutes, so now I'm all growndeded up!"

Where is the fucking logic to even wear neck protection. She fucked up once, and didn't even think to say "Hm... I should wear something to protect me from a vampire bite again." Shittiest writing where no one learns a fucking thing ever while they try to develop characters to have depth.
>>
>>77670802
i mean the backstory stuff was cool, but we really didn't get enough of it, I wish we could have seen more like the Empress controlling Simon back when he still had some sanity left like they talked about.

Most of the current times stuff was boring, I feel like no one really came out of it looking better for it, Finn and Jake looked useless, PB just seemed kinda flat and the fact that Marcy is ok with being a vampire again makes me question if there was any growth by anyone, arguably she digressed instead of progressed
>>
Felt like they had a plan, but they ran out of steam in trying to tell it.

Some interesting ideas and a good first few episodes go unrewarded in the back half, oh well.
>>
>>77670802
>Everything stays,
>But it still changes.
>Ever so slightly,
Did you miss that?

>>77678050
>where no one learns a fucking thing ever
at least in this story and the end of the previous season, that was intentional. I mean they were explicit about it even, as Marceline says that to the vampire king. Shouldn't you acknowledge that and criticize the implementation rather than just pointing out what's already known? I know you were talking about the creators rather than the characters, but it's as if you missed that part.
>>
>>77678892
>being this brainwashed
Just because they cover their asses like that doesn't make it ok. Or rather, worth watching.
>>
File: Wizard.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Wizard.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>77680822
honestly, I felt this way. BUUT. I do like that they're actually going back to their roots. I mean, that's the Adventure Time we all fell in love with anyways. Not all of the toodeep4me fairytales and complex relationships and whatnot that came later on. I have high hopes for the rest of what the AT crew brings us. But we'll see I suppose.
>>
And they even did it in the lamest possible way

>Oops, the immaterial evil smoke grows physical teeth to bite Marceline in the exact same place as before

It was just so slapdash.
Why not make her choose to become a vampire again?
Sacrificing her mortality so that she can save her friends?
That'd be some character development, wouldn't it?

But nope, a bullshit accident is better
>>
I wish they did develop more, but I liked it. I don't think Marceline can really be screwed up for me. At all.
I mean, in reality, what's actually changed during the entire series? Now look back at what actually changed in Marceline. Basically nothing unless it involved Simon. Idk guys, it is the ALMIGHTY STATUS QUO, but when has this show ever not been ALMIGHTY STATUS QUO? That's what the beauty of it was - the character development was for the most part, subtle and slow the whole time. How many times did Finn have to get stomped on before he got it through his head to not go after every crush/that falling in love didn't matter? I mean, there's definitely frustration that we should have some sort of finale resolution at this point, where we tie up all the loose ends and prepare to put this show to rest.

Hopefully, they can end it well. Or we could just get a Sopranos ending, but I guess I'd be okay with that too...
>>
>>77682886
>before he got it through his head to not go after every crush/that falling in love didn't matter?
>IMPLYING
>>
File: lesbians.png (123 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
lesbians.png
123 KB, 500x281
>>77670802
They really changed Marceline looks,
She looks much younger now
>>
>>77678050
>Where is the fucking logic to even wear neck protection.

I'm not sure how that would help. Wasn't she bitten from the inside this time around?
>>
>>77670802

Yeah, I wasn't happy with that either.

Or the fact that Finn and Jake were next to useless. It was a neat series and I enjoyed all of the background we learned about, but I'm not exactly thrilled about the rest.
>>
>>77684000
Jake turned into a house and saved their damn lives.

Finn didn't kill anyone but he did jump in to help the vampire king when he was asking for peace, which was a good character moment for Finn. Besides, the special wasn't meant to be about them.

There are things to complain about but this isn't one of them.
>>
>>77683981
No, the cloud formed fangs before being completely defeated and bit her. Just like last time.
>>
>>77684128
Actually that is one of them, they both looked like clowns, just because jake did one thing out of eight episodes doesn't mean he was a credit to the team or this mini series.

They were both babbling idiots who didn't do anything but act like extras in this entire series. Oh also might I remind you that jake was the one that released the vampire king essence back into the world? So yeah, they were a hindrance more than a help.
>>
What were you expecting from a cartoon show created by a guy that doesn't even know how to draw (it was clear but he also admitted that)?
>>
>>77678892
DUDE DEEP

Oh wait no it's not fucking deep, writing a shitty song doesn't magically change your love of the status quo Moynihan
>>
I just don't get how a show like Adventure Time is so focused on sticking with the status quo while at the same time telling these stories that are supposed to be "big events."

I mean it was fine when it was just simple adventures with little bits of lore poured here and there, but building up crazy events only to have them resolve back to everything being normal gets really boring after awhile.
>>
"I'm gonna poop my pants if Finn kills this guy instead of me!"
>>
>>77685233
It's kind of nice that even with Finn shitting the bed the entire miniseries Marceline is still confident he could take out the final boss by himself.
She has more faith in him than the writers.
>>
>>77670802
I didn't even have to finish watching it, and I knew that would happen.

Were you really surprised?
>>
>>77685233
Even the whole show is confident about the uselessness of Finn as a character.

Which is not a problem by me, Finn as a comedy relief >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Finn as a hero wannabe.
>>
The status quo wasn't even the problem of it, I already knew that from the day it was announced.

I think this anon >>77678050 said some good points about the issues I had with this mini-series. Marceline didn't learn anything, what's the freaking the point of reusing the hero breakdown trope and then go full Mary Sue mode with one of the most rushed endings this show ever had?
>>
It's like... I'm in a black void, trying to reach the show's main arcs.
But the next thing I know I'm watching a story about BMO talking with his reflection.
So I avoid that episode, have a glimpse on Marceline's past story but it's not Marceline's past story, it's a generic adventure, and I'm looking at the most bland looking vampire ever, of course I want to see another most bland looking vampire ever, so I watch the next episode, but the next episode wasn't about other bland looking vampires, it was taking me into the mind of Marceline!
UUGH!
I wanted to get a new story but I'm looking at Marceline's emo breakdown, and try to not think about it but the story is following me, it's following me all over the screen!
NO!
So I hope the story actually turns to an end, but it was not actually an end! It was another status quo!
AAAAH!
>>
>>77685594
10/10
>>
>>77685594
>I'm watching a story about BMO talking with his reflection. So I avoid that episode.

what is wrong with you ?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!??
>>
File: 1379778428399.gif (2 MB, 615x413) Image search: [Google]
1379778428399.gif
2 MB, 615x413
>>77685594
>>
>>77685594
LMAO
>>
The worst part is the Empress didn't even hypnotize her.
>>
I was wondering for days after I watched Stakes why Marceline is hunting down vampires again even if the Vampire King stated he doesn't want to hurt people anymore except for animals. You can hear her say quite often "Leave alone innoncent animals!" when she talks to him. Why would an easy-going character like Marceline (character that, reminder, didn't give a fuck kidnapping a person from another kingdom and leaving that person in a desert in the middle of nowhere).

Guess what? I just realized that one of the storyboard artists and writers is known to be a vegan. Now I don't want this to be pushed as a ideological discussion about vegans, but on the fact that writers prefer to push their own agendas rather than give the whole story of the show a line of cohesion.

Basically, Tumblr Time.
>>
>>77686773
That whole shit with VK at the end was really slipshod to be honest.
>>
>makes a point about how everything stays the same, yet changes bit for bit

>WAHHH NO BABY DID NO WANT THAT

AT "fans".
>>
>>77686773
well to play devil's avocado for a second, in the AT world vampires can suck either blood or the color red, so there's no reason to kill animals at all
not to mention every animal sucked is another vampire who may try and kill innocent people
>>
>>77686773
That line about the animals was mentioned one time, and every vampire except the King (and possibly the Fool) was doing evil shit and had to be put down. Marcy was trying to kill the King too since she didn't believe he would change his ways.

If you're really simplifying everything that happened to "Marceline in genociding all the other members of her species because animal rights" then I think you're retarded anon.
>>
File: 1446950472243.jpg (71 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446950472243.jpg
71 KB, 1920x1080
>>77670802
I liked Marcy more when she didn't look like an 18 year old girl. I mean, she's still good-looking, but she looks and acts more like a child now.
>>
File: consider.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
Whoops, you fucked up Anon.

You and the CEO of Cartoon Network "Accidentally" ran over Xaxaphone and Moynihan with your cars seventy eight times

Now you have to hire a new main storyboarder for the next season. It can be anyone

Who do you hire?
>>
>>77689771
My dear friend Anon, who is known to have better ideas than actual writers since he/she complain about them so much, of course!
>>
>>77689809
Put your trip back on, Jesse
>>
>>77677341
No it isn't
>>
File: really.png (130 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
really.png
130 KB, 600x450
Serves you right.

You trusted AT.
>>
The movie will be good, at least
>>
>>77678050
Suddenly having her death looming over her pushed her to reexamine things, it wasn't a magical explanation.
>>
>>77684326
Everyone looks like clowns, it's a wacky cartoon about wacky cartoon things.
>>
I think the major issue I have with this show is the fact that nothing is part of a pre-written path but rather built and created during the work of the episodes. This issue started to be quite noticeable in the later seasons (season 5, 6 and some bits of 7).

Never been triggered too much by status quo, I don't really care for it.
>>
>>77689771
Jmoyns already left the show though.
>>
>>77670802
You know I was hoping it'll end with Marceline getting most of her powers back but not all of it so she is weaker but can walk in day time. And Finn getting a new vampire power without turning into a vampire himself. It could lead to interesting episodes in the future, but nope. Everything is back to the way it was before.

And will Finn every grow up physically??
>>
>>77689922
Like the Spongebob movie?
>>
Do you have Mega links of the iTunes rips of Stakes?
>>
>>77690272
The first one was great. What are you implying?
>>
File: ButtersStotch.png (132 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
ButtersStotch.png
132 KB, 300x456
>>77685594
oh well gee Dad, how about you watch Steven Universe with me. They got great songs, and characters.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>77690344
Shut up, Butters! You're grounded!
>>
>>77690297
I hated both of them.
>>
>>77670802
not really, PB and Marceline actually grew up (a bit)
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.