[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dick Rider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: rider.png (2 MB, 1022x877) Image search: [Google]
rider.png
2 MB, 1022x877
Dick Rider
>>
Ryder
>>
>>77666311
Nope
>>
>>77666277
What about him? He's still dead, however Sean Ryan said him and Worldmind were going to be important to a future Sam Nova story arc but made no promise about bringing Dick Rider back.

My guess Worldmind is coming back and he'll use Richard's image to guide Sam and his shit dad.
>>
File: nightwing.png (215 KB, 354x640) Image search: [Google]
nightwing.png
215 KB, 354x640
Dick Raisin
>>
I remember reading somewhere he was going to be in Gamora solo in flashbacks, is that true?
>>
>>77666361
I think Sean is going to use what the other guys did. Use empty promises of "maybe down the line" and have references about him, mainly using Richard as a cautionary tale for some reason.
It looks like it'll be the same as Vol 5, but Marvel's hoping Jesse will somehow attract Richard's fans.
>>
>>77666498
Well Nicole Perlman is writing the Gamora solo which is temporarily on a hiatus because she's also writing the Captain Marvel movie script but she said this in the Marvel website.

>How will Gamora’s relationships with the Guardians, Thanos, and others factor into this book?

>Nicole Perlman: The Guardians will come into play, as will the Badoon, Magus, and others.

Also her GotG movie script had Richard Rider in it an she was a big fan of the DnA cosmic stuff so I have no doubt we will get Rich in some way or form in Gamora's comic, especially since Perlman, unlike the other Cosmic writers, did read previous Marvel cosmic comics including the Starlin stuff and original Guardians (she even thought about writing her movie script based on them).
>>
>>77666637
Ugh I hope not, also no Richard fan is going to accept Jesse even some Sam fans don't like him.

Duggan at the end of his run was also hinting at Jesse wanting to take Sam's helmet and possibly ditch his family again to go into space, he was kind of a shit dad, not borderline irredeemable since he still loved his kids and wife but it was clear that being Nova was a big part of his life.
>>
File: dGAkXAD.gif (3 MB, 598x336) Image search: [Google]
dGAkXAD.gif
3 MB, 598x336
Dick ridin'.
>>
>>77666879
>loves his wife and kids
>leaves
>>
>>77666991
What happened there BTW? He was Novaless drunk janitor and then he was gone and trapped in space somewhere and then he was a space pirate trying to get home.

I skipped the Loeb arc and read the others ones so I don't know what the fuck is up with that.
>>
>>77666277
>Dick Rider

If he comes back it's going to be Meme-Lord suddenly not letting this name down and him being vaguely homo with Rich.

I would be OK with it if it was the pre-Bendis Peter Quill but whatever.
>>
>>77666498
I would like Dick back in Gamora but only if he's exclusive to that title.
>>
>>77669132
If he does come back, Marvel will try to keep him in as few titles as possible because they know nobody will pay attention to Sam and Jesse once he's back.
>>
>>77669288
and in the current state of Marvel, that's a good thing.
>>
Is his name really Dick Rider?
>>
>>77669396
Richard Rider. Nobody calls him Dick, though.
>>
>>77667152
Loeb never mentioned why he was gone, just that he was.
He was probably going to touch on it later since he was obviously trying to write a script with his issues.
>>
>>77666637
Is this how Halfags felt?
>>
>>77666277
as the worst fanboys on the internet
>>
>>77669288
>they know nobody will pay attention to Sam and Jesse once he's back.
I don't get how Marvel has such a stake in this. Why would they care? Why not just sell comics that people want to buy?
>>
>>77671394
>Why not just sell comics that people want to buy?
They do, but sometimes what /co/ thinks don't sell is what actually sells. Example: Guardians of the Galaxy with Kitty and Thing.
>>
File: untitled.png (27 KB, 931x420) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
27 KB, 931x420
>>
>>77674895
what a cocksucker
>>
>>77666277
Would you rather Dick Rider died a hero in an amazing story and stayed dead never to be tainted again or would you rather he came back and undid said amazing story and then proceeded to become a meme spouting loser memelord.

Starlord and Nova are both better off dead than under the current batch of marvel writers.
>>
>>77677076
Except he didn't die a hero. His death has no meaning and accomplished nothing.
The only purpose his death has now is for Sam to say "Don't wanna end up like him."
>>
>>77677736
That's only if you read Bendis garbage and that's your own fault doing that.
>>
>>77678077
You can't perpetually live in 2010
>>
>>77678167
Name one good Thanos story that is set post-Thanos Imperative.

AFAIK only Bendis and Hickman have used him and they were both shit.

If only the best stories are canon then quite frankly Thanos is still dead.
>>
>>77678077
come on anon, I love Dick as much as everyone but that's being autist.
>>
>>77678222
Living in denial isn't a good thing.
>>
Richard Ryder was a true hero, he umm...he......I guess he helped Starlord get back home...
>>
>>77678277
Yes. His death sucks and makes no sense.
>>
Can we stop calling each other by our full names? I'm sick of Scott Summers.
>>
>>77666361
so how does Sam Nova work if he doesnt have worldmind?

I've never read anything with him in it
>>
>>77678271
>"muh continuity"

People don't care about shit stories. Get over it. No one *has* to read a fucking comic.
>>
>>77678391
Black Nova helmets are special because they're meant to operate separate from worldmind, they have some nova force stored inside it.
>>
>>77678431
sounds dumb

how did he get the helmet?
>>
>>77678235
It's being autist if you read terrible shit for the sake of continuity.

Canon is only what's remembered and what endures in the eyes of the readers.
>>
>>77678464
Rocket Racoon and Gamora somehow knew Jesse and got his helmet and figured Sam was the best person to give it to.
Oh, and he found Richard's helmet.
>>
>>77678394
people care about all stories. you think there would be a hundred threads complaining if they didn't care?
>>
>>77678553
who is Jesse
>>
>>77678698
Sam's dad. He's an alcoholic janitor with 0 accomplishments as a Nova. He was able to modify a gold helmet to run on its own power source.
Meanwhile, Robbie can't do that with access to one of the most advanced research facilities on the planet.
>>
>>77669413
Unlike Dick Grayson, who is called "Dick" by everyone with the exception of Raven.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.