[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars: Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 114
File: rebels2x07_1329.jpg (94 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rebels2x07_1329.jpg
94 KB, 1920x1080
Calm Worlds edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: Blood Sisters:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-BUx5evwAjIZGdQUjZ6WnFMX2c&usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!m94UlTwR!WELj9Yw6_JhyL2NLKhRUwg

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqeQEENm18

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: ( /co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander ( /co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ

>Canon Guide & Timeline (Timeline Coming Soon):
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars: Rebels / TCW Soundtracks:
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/StarWarsRebels/
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/CloneWars/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb842b2alua58tb/SWTCWS16.rar
http://soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music
>>
First official TFA clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ubtcMPV4c

Ridley's accent is throwing me off a bit.
>>
Wonder if we will ever see the likes of Rosh Penin ever again.
>>
>>77665511
Dammit, I want to live there.

What planet would you most want a house on /co/? What kind of house?
>>
>>77665552
as long as this thread isn't going to get autistic about her emoting with her arms a little like /tv/ does we're good.
>>
>>77654474
latest Rebels UK magazine comic in the other thread
>>
>>77665573
Rosh Penis belongs in the deepest dephts of non-canonicity.
>>
>>77665552
>>77665552
...we have a good version of that in the last thread, don't post that recorded TV trash here man.
>>
>>77665458
>Anyway, I'm telling you there is no evidence that ANYONE can use the Force.
Lucas already said so, anon. Literally NOTHING contradicts this in the current canon so it will be viewed as canon. Have a nice day!
>>
>>77665581
Naboo, it's pretty damn safe with it being the Emperor's homeplanet and all, especially from criminal scum.

>What kind of house?
A small one out by the lake.
>>
>>77665505
Which episode was that?

>>77665566
Sure thing

Also

>Those dubs
>>
>>77665641
This, I don't know what kind of tasteless faggots would even bother to disagree with this.

Only special snowflakes can use it even though it flows through all life? Even though you create it and make it grow? Even though we are luminous beings? That's just silly.
>>
>>77665664
I think he has bits in Storm Over Ryloth and Innocents of Ryloth, but Liberty on Ryloth is his big appearance.
>>
Wait so if the films are Canon and the show is Canon...
I've been thinking.
Cody, receives order 66 and orders a nearby artillery gun to blast Kenobi. Leading to his supposed death and Cody walks off satisfied.

But, Cody never double checks for a body or even sends out other clones to check for him. Doesn't Order 66 force the Clones to make sure they killed their targets? Also according to the Last Padawan comic series some of the clones actually felt remorseful a few years down the track.

In short; Did Cody actually intend to kill Obi Wan, was he just uncharacteristicically lazy, or am I overthinking this.
>>
>>77665501
>Like 5 years after Episode 9 we get an Old Republic era trilogy where the story of Tales of the Jedi and KOTOR are tweaked a little bit to fit into the new canon (where the Jedi existed 2,000 years before the Republic and the Jedi/Sith war led to the creation of the Republic 1,000 years before the movies
>First movie shows Zayne Carrick's story of being framed by his Jedi Masters. Somehow make them acting on their prophesy start the Mandalorian Wars. Introduce Malak and his master as two Jedi who are extremely disappointed in the Masters who are trying to kill Zayne leading them to lose some faith in the Jedi.
>Second movie show Zayne and his group finally clearing his name. Meanwhile Malak and his master decide to go against the Jedi and fight the Mandalorians. At the end of the movie have Revan get his mask and finally decide to try and destroy the Jedi because of their incompetence with dealing with Zayne and the Mandalorians. Have the race that was genocided by the Mandalorians be the Sith and have Revan name his army after them in their honor.
>Third movie show the full on Jedi vs Sith war. Have the Jedi win against the Sith and Mandalorians and from all the alliances formed during the war have the Republic created.
>In stuff in between show Naga Sadow comics and whatnot.
>Show afterwards in a comic or something that when the Sith got their shit wrecked in Episode 12 they started arguing and fighting each other and eventually Darth Bane created the Rule of Two for the same reasons he did in the EU.
>>
>>77665761
Overthinking it. Rationalize it however you like since it probably won't be touched on for awhile, if ever.
>>
>>77665777
Meh, I like KOTOR fine as comics and vidya. They don't need to be movies to legitimize their stories.
>>
>>77665761
I'm not sure how thorough Order 66 makes the Clones. It seems to put them in a controlled, Jedi-killing frenzy while they talk about how "good soldiers follow orders". Given the brainwashy nature of it, simply getting Kenobi out of every clone's line of sight via attempted murder might have been enough to get them back to their senses. Note how much of a hurry they all are to leave Utapau.
>Shit, did I just kill Kenobi?
>was he a traitor? what the fuck just happened?
>fuck it, everyone back to Coruscant!
>>
File: starwarsIII_5724.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
starwarsIII_5724.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>>77665761
They sent probe droids to look for Kenobi's body.
>>
Clones are just retired now.
Why didn't they just stick with the mission out of Battlefront 2, that was way cooler
>>
>>77665808
Yeah, I don't care if it's canon, only if it's good.
10 more years of AAA EA shlock tho.
>>
>>77665863
What was the mission?
>>
>>77665863
>muh coolness
All soldiers have to be phased out for replacements at some point. There's only a small handful still fit to even serve by the time the Battle of Hoth happens.
>>
>>77665863
>Why didn't they just stick with the mission out of Battlefront 2
Let's see you in your 60's fighting a war.
>>
>>77665896
In the Campaign after committing order 66 (I'm running from memory here) the 501st (or whatever clone unit you where playing as) get sent to Kamino, because the Cloners get wind of events and start cloning their own oppositional army rather than continue to provide the Empire with soldiers. Anyways, in the end the Imperial clones blow up the cloning facility and kill all the Cloners, the problem is that a lot of the imperial clones are killed and now it's near impossible to make new ones. The empire does have something that resembles the cloning process but the new clones aren't nearly as good as the old ones. Instead Sheev just kind of awkwardly coughs and decides that the whole thing was a mistake and turns the Clone Legions into his honour guard, or units he can call on to get shit done.

Kamino Civil war
Pretty mint
>>
>>77665863
Because once their usefulness ran out in helping to secure his Empire, Sheev wanted to get rid of the clones. As far as the Emperor was concerned, he didn't need an army that might try disobey his orders because it was the right thing to do. At the end of the war, the Clones became individuals that grew beyond their programming, and he didn't need that sort of unpredictability in his forces. Yes, there were a few that still served well into the Emperor's reign, but they were noticeable anomalies.
>>
>>77665994
We don't know for sure whether or not that is still canon, since we have a gap between the end of ROTS and the first (timeline-wise) of the new books, which is a good few years afterwards. It of course could be altered in any way to make it more appealing and to work with canon, but whatever.
>>
Just watched Bad Batch

>Clone Rambo

Damn I wish they could have at least let them finish the season off...
>>
>>77665994
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-raMY0FsJ4

This Mission
Just makes so much more sense than.
"Thanks for the help lads. But we're retiring you now"
>>
File: mace windows.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mace windows.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
Post your favorite Star Wars quotes

"This is some fucked up Republic shit!"
-Mace Windu
>>
>>77665243
>Anyone else get the feeling that all the main characters will have the force in the ST?

I've wondered, but I doubt they'll do that. They'll probably want some people to shine without it.

>Poe
Yeah, he grows up around the special Force tree but it's hardly a lock to make him a Jedi.

>Finn
He merely uses the lightsaber that Poe seemed to have a mission to deliver, the fact he worked under Snoke and was never taken in for training means he's ordinary in the Force like most people thus not deemed worth anyone's time to train.

>Rey
Obviously a Skywalker and our main hero. Expect cool bullshit.

We might get Finn trained, maybe. But don't go thinking that lightsaber is a lock. We'll see Jedi Leia almost 100% guaranteed though, IMO. Or the LSG forgot to pay attention to RotJ...also it's head up by a woman so that SHOULD lock her in as a Jedi...
>>
File: rebels1x12_0458.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rebels1x12_0458.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
>>77666138

"I really wish I wasn't here right now"
-Cumberlayne Aresko
>>
File: dvtfcock2.jpg (37 KB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
dvtfcock2.jpg
37 KB, 856x480
>>77666138
"Why is my precious rocket ship drifting off into deep space?"

- Dark Vader
>>
File: swb84iu.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
swb84iu.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that aren't for the big
>>
>>77666141
>We'll see Jedi Leia almost 100% guaranteed though, IMO.

I doubt it. Luke is in exile, so who would've trained her?
>>
File: 1416340941321.png (955 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1416340941321.png
955 KB, 1280x720
>>77666138
"I'll try spinning - that's a good trick!"
The Grand Inquisitor
>>
File: AngrySheev.jpg (3 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
AngrySheev.jpg
3 KB, 150x150
>>77666138
"It's treachery then" - Sheev Insideous
>>
>>77666350
It's been thirty years, I imagine he might have taught her a few things at least.
>>
>>77666323
>"Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our specialty."
I've seen this movie too many times.
>>
>>77666138

"With all due respect"

- Literally everyone in the galaxy
>>
>>77665777
I thought more about this in the shower.
>Jedi home world is Coruscant. Bogan and Ashla are on Coruscant and they're the same thing they were in Dawn of the Jedi.
>When the masters start framing Zayne they set up any Jedi who question them to Bogan.
>When Revan turns against the Jedi he takes all the Jedi on Bogan into his army.
>Revan's story is that him and Malak lose some faith in the Jedi when Zayne is framed, then when the Jedi do nothing about the Mandalorians they go against them. Revan eventually becomes obsessed with power and ends up similar to Vader where he doesn't know what he wants anymore. He ends up creating an Empire that's just as bad as the Mandalorians and show that he's given up all the things that made him want to fight the Mandalorians in the first place just for power.
>In the second movie have Zayne and his group hang out at Revan's base for a while until Zayne starts to suspect that Revan and Malak have turned to the dark side. Revan and Malak are basically using Zayne as a poster child for their army. They eventually fight and Zayne and his group escape them.
>In the third movie have Zayne convince Revan that what he's doing is wrong. Then have Revan shoot at Malak's ship, destroying a main component of the ship, then Malak shoots back destroying Revan's ship and them both dying.
>In the comics or books in between the movies hint that the Son from TCW was the one who sent the vision to the Masters and caused the Sith war.
>Have Naga Sadow be a Sith who saw his species die at the hands of the Mandalorians. He then joins Revan and Malak as a general and goes on to cause a big Sith civil war in the comics and whatnot set after the movies eventually leading to Darth Bane making the Rule of Two.
>>
>>77666511
>specialty
>fights them twice, winning once on dumb luck and then getting his ass kicked
is being a pathological liar obi-wan's character flaw?
>>
File: 4123414124124.jpg (80 KB, 664x872) Image search: [Google]
4123414124124.jpg
80 KB, 664x872
>>77666138
"Yub nub"
-Jar Jar Binks
>>
>>77666575
It kinda makes sense if you consider TCW, and then some other EU stuff.
>>
File: Padame nose art.png (182 KB, 446x361) Image search: [Google]
Padame nose art.png
182 KB, 446x361
I don't suppose there's a high-res of this somewhere?
>>
>>77666138
"You lied to me about my dad being dead."

"Well, you see...um, what I said was true...from a certain pint a view. Yeah that's it."

"You're full of shit Ben."
>>
File: 1432690643070.jpg (419 KB, 2057x1969) Image search: [Google]
1432690643070.jpg
419 KB, 2057x1969
>>77666618
>>
>>77666568
Oh and forgot.
>Have the Jedi take in people who's planets were fucked up by the Mandalorians/Sith leading to 1: the creation of an alliance of planets against the Mandalorians/Sith and 2: Coruscant being a huge city planet full of every species imaginable.
>>
>>77666638
Ooer
>>
>>77666638
Best ass in the franchise
>>
>>77666591
>Lets Anakin go home early regularly
>Shmi and Annie have enough money/free time to feed three more mouths at dinner AND build a death chariot and protocol droid
>Sees Anakin for the first time in years, just goes "ANNIE MY SLAVE WELCOME TO TATOOINE LET'S GO BOWLING"
Watto was pretty bro-tier actually.
>>
File: jobbing is my specialty.png (806 KB, 1581x819) Image search: [Google]
jobbing is my specialty.png
806 KB, 1581x819
>>77666575
>>77666607
Wait, how many dark side users HAS Obi-Wan fought?
>Qui-Gon's old apprentice
>Maul
>Dooku
>Ventress
>Savage
>Anakin/Vader
>>
>>77666323
Bruh, you have to stop posting this in every thread
>>
>>77666727
Yeah, for a slave owner Watto was a pretty nice guy. Kind of makes me wonder why Anakin hated his slave life so much even though Watto kind of treated him like a son.
>>
>>77666727
>>77666750
Didn't he win them in a bet as well as opposed to actually going out and buying them? Watto might be the nicest dude on Tatoonie.
>>
>>77666750
Well, he *is* still a slave.
>>
>>77666138
"Fucking Sand People! God damn, son!"

-Obi-Wan Kenobi
>>
>>77666784
>>77666750
>has friends
>has hobbies
>has family
shit he was better off as a slave than a jedi
>>
>>77666727
You know what? Fair point. Watto wasn't so bad, aside from maybe allowing Anakin to take part in stupid-lethal pod racing.
>>
>>77666607
>It kinda makes sense if you consider TCW
He got his ass kicked by Maul twice, got cúcked when maul impaled Satine with his big black rod, and then never saw Maul again.
>>
>>77666727
He's a scumbag. But on Tatooine, he looks like the nicest guy ever.

He still refused to free Shmi, although in his defense, he didn't know they would be separated for life, he just thought the boy wouldnt work for him anymore...

Damn now that I think about it, Watto really was a decent guy.
>>
File: 1422294228670.png (358 KB, 687x479) Image search: [Google]
1422294228670.png
358 KB, 687x479
>We get a comic called 'Star Wars: Watto'
>It shows Watto get Shmi.
>Shmi then gets preggers with Anakin and hides the truth from Watto in fear that he'll sell Anakin off when he's born because he doesn't want to pay to take care of a baby and let Shmi have time off to take care of Anakin.
>Watto eventually finds out about Anakin and is completely fine with it. He starts doing a lot of the chores Shmi normally would do and helps her take care of Anakin.
>While Anakin is growing up Watto often plays ball with him and reads him stories when he isn't working.
>When Qui-Gon tries to buy Anakin, Watto isn't mad because he'll lose a slave, he's mad because he'll lose what he considers his son.
>>
>>77666866
Jar'kai Soresu.
Your argument is invalid.
I felt like a fag saying that.
>>
>>77666812
You know, if Anakin hadn't left, he probably would have been sold alongside his mom to Lars, who would have freed her and Anakin, married her and adopted the boy as his own son. In fact, I bet with his precognitive abilities Anakin could have helped save his mother from the Tusken Raiders.
>>
>>77666956
And not just his mother. But the women, and the children too!
>>
File: EP7_IA_151189_ED.jpg (63 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
EP7_IA_151189_ED.jpg
63 KB, 640x426
Why do I keep getting the feeling that Phasma's gonna end up being the new trilogy's Boba Fett
>>
>>77666956

Now there's an Infinites waiting to be written. Wonder who'd been Palpatine's attack dog in his place, and how Obi-Wan and Qui Gon would have ended up.

Damnit Marvel, bring Infinites back already. It'll solve all the Canon bitching and provide all kinds of new material and merch.
>>
>>77667034
>>77667093
You could do a story where, having to choose between saving his mom or warning Cliegg about a trap the Raiders set, Anakin chooses his mom and the trap takes his adopted dad's leg.
Out of guilt, Anakin makes him a shiny silver leg, not unlike 3P0's.
>>
>>77667064
She is, but they won't give her such a cheap death.
>>
>>77667064
One can only hope. But I'm sure she'll get more of a character than Boba had in V-VI.
>>
File: Yeah...in six parsecs.jpg (56 KB, 474x450) Image search: [Google]
Yeah...in six parsecs.jpg
56 KB, 474x450
>>77666138
I don't have a good feeling about this
-Han Solo.
>>
>>77666923
Anakin was like 3 or 5 when Watto got him and his mother from Gardulla.

Watto with a Heart of Gold stuff is fine with me though.
>>
>>77667064
>silver Stormtrooper armor
>vampire cape
That look is atrocious. It just screams "LOOK AT ME, I'm supposed to be a fan favorite." It doesn't even go together
>>
>>77667240
Autism
>>
File: Rendar_and_Leebo-N64.png (34 KB, 640x278) Image search: [Google]
Rendar_and_Leebo-N64.png
34 KB, 640x278
>yfw hes the star of the upcoming "uncharted inspired" game
>>
>>77666923
Watto used to beat the kid
>>
File: Driver.gif (2 MB, 245x461) Image search: [Google]
Driver.gif
2 MB, 245x461
I wonder how sad Kylo's life has been.
>>
>Zare breaks ranks from the Empire
>FInn breaks ranks from the First Order

I'm sensing incoming poetry.
>>
>>77666956
I have a feeling that even in this universe, Anakin would still want to leave Tatooine. He still has gift for piloting and a desire to see the greater galaxy. Perhaps once he's old enough he leaves to become a freelance star pilot. And then gets discovered by Obi-Wan.
>>
>>77667179

Which would probably start a rift between the family if some of them considered Anakin cursed or something. And we can explore if Anakin is fated to go Vader even if he isn't drawn into the clone wars.
>>
More importantly is if the Naboo pilots are able to take out the Droid Control Ship over Naboo without Anakin there. Does Gunray surrender to save his own skin? Or does he hold the captive Gungans hostage to reach a stalemate? How much more of a magnificent bastard does OOM-9 become if he doesn't get shut down?
>>
>>77667782
Shit, without Anakin shutting down the control ship, OOM-9 would've retaken Theed with or without Gunray's approval, executed Obi-Wan and conquered Naboo as its new Droid-King.
>>
While we're on the subject, is there any canon reason why the droids go from low to high-pitched between TPM and AOTC?
>>
>>77667668

There's also the fact that Zare WAS a member of the Commandant's Cadets which was the beginnings of the First Order.
>>
>>77667846
sheev thought they were annoying
>>
>>77667819
why is OOM-9 a meme
i'm not mad i'm just confused
>>
File: 1445221890283.jpg (9 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1445221890283.jpg
9 KB, 300x240
>>77667356
Yawn.
Who cares about Dash Rendar?
>>
>>77667846
Believe it or not, it's an upgrade. Most B-1s remodeled for the Confederacy were built to operate independently of a central control system, which was shown to be a crippling weakness for them in TPM, and continued to be one in a few TCW episodes where control programs were used again (there's a tactical advantage to networking them all to a single hive mind, even if it's also a huge risk if it gets destroyed). This new independence for them gives them the same personality quirks as droids like Artoo and Threepio, and the high-pitch is just a symptom of the design change. New vocabulators or something, probably so they could express themselves beyond "Roger Roger".
>>
>>77667857
>Oh, and one more thing Tyranus
>Yes, my master?
>Instruct the Baktoid Combat Automata to increase the voice pitch of their battle droids. I would find it to be... most amusing.
>>
>>77667896
He was a hero character in Galactic Battlegrounds, he's been memed to hell and back since. I'm surprised Simon isn't a bigger meme.
>>
>>77667896
It's a combination of his Galactic Battlegrounds campaign being pretty fun, and also being the most successful droid commander in either canon. He had the Gungan Grand Army dead to rights, if it wasn't for Anakin "spinning, that's a good trick" Skywalker blowing up the Lukrehulk.
>>
>>77667093
I really liked that Infinites where Vader survived and got that nice white armor.
>>
I need to reinstall Galactic Battlegrounds...
>>
>>77668034
>you need Sev'rance Tann in your life, anon
>>
>>77668089
>pupils
C'mon now.
>>
>>77668034
I want to play it again but only if I can find a decent RotS mod.
>>
>>77665619
...care to post it?
>>
>>77668132
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjkUzlHxK4
>>
File: 1422785687373.jpg (37 KB, 400x418) Image search: [Google]
1422785687373.jpg
37 KB, 400x418
>>77668161
>those arm movements
>that voice acting
It's gonna be a shitty film isn't it?
>>
>>77668009

I'm really surprised no one made a figure of it. I know someone made a costume for some kind of skit in Japan a while back.
>>
>>77667849

I'm convinced that Finn IS Zare's or even Dhara's kid.
>>
>>77667927
Basically this. When droids dont have their memory wiped for a long time, they get erratic and gain "personality"
>>
>>77667573
will teleporting behind you be his thing I wonder
>>
>>77668264
Nah, it'll be a fine modern flick no more no less.
>>
>>77668264

go back to /tv/.
>>
>>77668264

literally nothing wrong with Boyega's voice acting.
>>
>>77668325
I'm thinking more Rae Sloane.

Zare's family have no reason to want to be associated with the Empire anymore, but Rae? She is an Empire girl through and through, she'd not object to her kid being raised as a Stormtrooper, and he would want to follow in mommy's footsteps
>>
>>77666956
Why do you think Anakin lost his fucking mind when she died? Exactly that. He could've saved her, by being there all along or following the trail to her sooner, being able to heal her injuries...
He blamed himself for her death. It destroyed him instantly.
>>
File: BadBatchTransport_NoseArt_SOP.jpg (195 KB, 1340x1600) Image search: [Google]
BadBatchTransport_NoseArt_SOP.jpg
195 KB, 1340x1600
>>77666618
>>77666638
Here you go
>>
>>77668349
bravo
>>
>>77668425

Rae Sloane's kid wouldn't be a mere storm trooper. Just like Hux's kid is a freaking general in TFA.

Also, there's the aformentioned poetry.

Plus,Rae Sloane isn't nearly as good of a character as Zare.
>>
>>77668280
I know right?

I really wish we got comfy Vader and Skywalker kids healing.
>>
>>77668425

lol, why do people like Rae Sloane? She has no complexity and is barely competent. Just because she's an Imperial girl?
>>
>>77668595
>Just because she's an Imperial girl?
Yeah, the first canon Imperial woman.
>>
>>77666350
>I doubt it. Luke is in exile, so who would've trained her?

Bro, you have a really fucked up concept of time. Or did you think Luke went into exile as soon as RotJ ended?

Spoilers stated he loses his temple/academy about 15 years before the film so he had 15 years to train her.
>>
>>77668413
Im talking about Ridley's
>>
File: closing in on me.png (284 KB, 1000x425) Image search: [Google]
closing in on me.png
284 KB, 1000x425
>>77668595
Complexity not important. Only style important.
>>
File: star-wars-9999.jpg (466 KB, 951x801) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-9999.jpg
466 KB, 951x801
>>77667064
Unlikely, she's not unique enough for it. The Crimson Corsair guy has a better chance.
>>
File: TPW.jpg (346 KB, 789x1200) Image search: [Google]
TPW.jpg
346 KB, 789x1200
Anyone else fucking hyped for all the new short stories coming out in the next week? Tomorrow we have pic related. Then in a week we're getting Tales from a Galaxy Far Far Away. Then on the day TFA comes out we're getting some stories about Rey, Finn, and Poe's lives before TFA in Before the Awakening. I'm going to have so much backstory going into TFA. It's going to be weird seeing a new Star Wars movie knowing about most of the characters beforehand.
>>
Do you guys think other Jedi survived?
>>
>>77668595

Yeah, I hate stupid characters who remain loyal to terrible causes despite constantly getting their asses handed to them and losing constantly. Even the Rebels in Twilight question their loyalty but Sloane just keeps on trucking despite losing every major battle.

Any smart Imperial jumped ship when the Second Death Star blew up or took the truce deal from the New Republic.

There are MUCH better written Imps than her in the new canon, Chiron, Ciena, etc.
>>
>>77668781
No.
>>
>>77668755
how much are these short stories going to cost? I'm poor as fuck right now but maybe they can be in my budget.
>>
>>77668755
The only one of the new stories that I'm potentially worried about it The Face of Evil, since I hate the design of the little minion things. The others all look great.
>>
>>77668881
We normally post them in the mega in the OP when they get released.
>>
>>77668349
:^)
>>
>>77668586

That would be fun to see. I also I enjoy those children's books of daddy darth vader and the fanart of anakin and pademe as parents.

Oh and I found the skit. It's not white, but pink and...not at all what I was expecting from when I'd seen screen caps years ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0X9NFknjTRE
>>
>>77668781
Obviously. Literally impossible for them to find them all.

We had all sorts of Force users in TCW and TFA has Maz Kanata who was around for all the previous films.
>>
>>77668781

Yes, obviously. The Galaxy is too big to fine all of them.
>>
>>77668881
All the TFA short stories we are getting within the next week are all e-book form. The Tales ones are getting a physical release with bonus stories some time in 2016.
>>
>“Daisy… was a little bit solid. More like Natalie [Portman] on the other movies [the prequels]. But I think, once she gets to see everything going on, she’s going to enjoy it, because it’s going to relax her,” he said.

>“So we watched her blossom, from a quiet young lady, into the girl who was there at Star Wars Celebration. She had blossomed; she was beautiful and full of personality. I think she’s got a lot of personality still to come out, and if the right movies come along, she will do very, very well,” Mayhew told Williams, adding that Ridley is going to be a famous actress someday.

Sounds like a very diplomatic way of saying Ridley is shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 450x300
>>77668280
Hasbro did make a comic two pack with it.
>>
>>77669430
WHERE'S MY GRAKKUS FIGURE, HABRO?!?
>>
>>77669295
I'd interpret it as her being initially hard to talk to instead of terrible. Portman was notably not liked on the sets of the prequels from what I've heard. It sounds like Ridley was shy at first and so hard to approach but gained confidence.
>>
>>77669295
He's not talking about her acting though, just the way she was on set. Makes sense she'd be shy, the was the lowest profile actor there.
>>
>>77669430

Neat. Never saw one on the shelf.
>>
>>77669631
*she was
I meant
>>
Are the First Order TIEs in TFA supposed to be a whole new model of TIE, or the old TIEs that have been run through a modernization and upgrade program? I'd have thought if they were going to build new models, they would be using the Interceptor as the base, not the basic fighter, especially since they don't own the whole galaxy anymore so they may not have such easy access to disposable masses of grunts.
>>
Does anyone have a rebel squad I can join in Commander? If not then do you guys want to make one? I want to go full autismo and make one based off my name (Spectre-1) called Spectre Squadron.
>>
NEW FORCE AWAKENS TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7eA4Kls-A

THE STORMTROOPERS DO A NAZI-ESQUE SALUTE. THIS IS GETTING A BIT TOO "IN YOUR FACE", DONTCHA THINK?
>>
>>77666750
They were probably indentured slaves, who ultimately would be free eventually, paying off a loan and as such, had certain rights.. plus it's bad business to treat slaves badly.

Loan was probably to the hutts, hence the exploding head threat.
>>
>>77670032
How many are there gonna be? I thought they didn't want to give too much screen time away
>>
>>77670032
Why is /pol/ shitting it's pants over the Nazi/Crusader inspiration in the First Order? I love it. I'll be rooting for Aryan space Crusaders this whole trilogy.
>>
>>77670032
IT'S NOT A FUCKING HITLER SALUTE GOD DAMMIT! THE NAZIS USED THEIR RIGHT ARMS AND DIDN'T CLENCH THEIR FISTS!
>>
>>77670288
It's obviously based on the Nazi salute though, or rather, the Roman salute.
>>
>>77670032
>JJ: "That all came out of conversations about what would have happened if the Nazis all went to Argentina but then started working together again?"
>You: WOW THEY'RE NOT EVEN BEING SUBTLE OMG THEY'RE NAZIS
>>
So correct me if I'm wrong here.
>Ep 6 happens. Sidious and Vader die.
>Empire starts infighting over power.
>A year later at the Battle of Jakku the Rebels completely fuck the Empires' shit up.
>A treaty is made that makes it where the Rebels (New Republic) own some worlds in the core systems and the Empire owns others. Basically peace between the Empire and the New Republic.
>Some Imperials don't accept the treaty and fuck off past the Outer Rim. Probably create the First Order.
>Years later the First Order comes back to try and take over the Galaxy.
>SPECULATION: The New Republic votes to ignore the First Order but some people don't accept this and make the Resistance to fight against the First Order. (I say this because it's not like the rebels still live in the Empire or anything since we know the New Republic ended up established. Plus we know the Resistance's home world isn't Coruscant so it all points to them being seperate.)
>During the ST we have the Resistance and the First Order fighting for control of the Outer Rim while the New Republic and the Empire live in peace in the core systems.
>>
>>77670457
Yes, but it doesn't stand out to me, considering the Empire was always (partly) based on Nazi Germany and other totalitarian regimes.
>>
>>77670032

It looks more like the black power fist than anything nazi.
>>
>>77670591
I thought the Empire owns all of the core worlds but nothing in the mid and outer rim, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>77670288
I know, dummy. Nazi-ESQUE. It's clearly supposed to evoke the imagery.

>>77670542
You're missing the point. I knew it was obvious they were going for Nazi imagery, we have known that for while. As you say, JJ said it himself. I was merely suggesting the salute may be a bit much. Just an opinion. I actually kinda' like it. This First Order is indoctrinated, raised from birth.

This isn't the Empire. This is a cult.

There is no Emperor. There is a group of "Knights".

The First Order feels like Nazi fascists meeting Religious extremists.

I quite like it.
>>
>>77670673
ok
>>
>>77670673
>Religious extremists.
More like the Thule Society.
>>
>>77670591
The first order is basically a rebooted Empire. After they were defeated they got new management and a new coat of paint. Its like how Hydra was defeated in world war 2 and then hid in the shadows for a few years and relaunched themselves as a fascist paramilitary organisation in modern times. Except in the first orders case they used the same ideals just with a new name and tactics
>>
Empire is dead, their remnants became the First Order. Resistance and First Order control about 10% of the galaxy split between them
>>
>>77670655
The way it sounded to me was the New Republic came in and said 'Hey you guys can keep some systems in the core, but we're taking some systems too. We won't fuck with you if you don't fuck with us.'
>>
>>77670591
>Being this desperate to have the empire be alive

Empire is dead, son. Accept it.
>>
>>77670457
looks like black power sign
>>
>>77670743
I don't even want it alive. If it were up to me the New Republic would own everything and they would be fighting an entirely new army. I just didn't understand what happened.
>>
>>77670591
I think you could be right with everything except for your last sentence. I don't think the old Empire exists anymore. The First Order seems to be as fanatical as ISIS so I guess they wouldn't put up with "peaceful" imperial remnants. They would probably view them as weak and pathetic, so I guess The First Order wiped those "moderate" factions out, took over their planets and resources and built Starkiller Base.
>>
>>77667301
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>77670779
>New Republic
Cowardly losers that don't want to fight and willingly allow First Order to make something more powerful than the Death Star because they're simply that fucking stupid.

>Resistance
People brave enough to resist First Order's domination and other seeking to ensure the galaxy stays safe and the remnants of the empire are finally extinguished with righteous fire. Labeled as terrorists by the New Republic

>First Order
Doomed fools that are tools of a Sith worshipping cult that think they have a chance of fighting the other 95% of the government because 90% of it is sitting on its ass. Killers and brainwashers of children they are colossal faggots that lose their prize base in the first episode of the new trilogy.
>>
File: 468px-Order3.jpg (22 KB, 468x535) Image search: [Google]
468px-Order3.jpg
22 KB, 468x535
>>77670696
This. Even the symbol of The First Order looks very similar to the Black Sun which was used by the Thule Society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_%28occult_symbol%29#Alternative_design
>>
>>77670943
>95% of the government
Meant galaxy, but same thing really
>>
Where is Governor Pryce? Has anyone told her all her Imperials are gone and her planet is fucked?
>>
File: pope kek.jpg (50 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
pope kek.jpg
50 KB, 700x504
>>77668349
>THAT PIC
>>
I was looking at the new timeline and noticed that the mega was missing some of the short stories
>Mercy Mission
>Bottleneck
>Inbrief
>The Levers of Power
>The Perfect Weapon

Anyone have these or know where I can find them?
>>
>>77670975
What about Hutt Space, do they control that part?
After all this infighting amongst the Rebels and Empire, the criminal gangs must be swarming with activity.
>>
>>77671778
The Perfect Weapon comes out tomorrow.

Bottleneck, Mercy Mission and Levers of Power are in Rise of the Empire which should be in the OP.

Don't know about Inbrief though.
>>
>>77671778
>>77671918
Inbrief is the short story that was supposed to come out with Twilight Company in one of the Insider issues (?) but it never came our way.
>>
File: cAnonTimelineVer2.10.jpg (4 MB, 1440x9285) Image search: [Google]
cAnonTimelineVer2.10.jpg
4 MB, 1440x9285
>>77671918
>>77671778
Here's the Timeline in case anybody interested missed it last thread. Work in progress obviously.
>>
>>77671862
>What about Hutt Space, do they control that part?
That's probably not a thing anymore
>>
>>77671946
That came out and was linked here like a week ago, bro.

161 still isn't out for download but someone posted all of inbrief here for us.
>>
>>77668089

Thrawn, put some damn clothes on.
>>
>>77671949
What's the placement of the End of History based on?
>>
>>77672223
If I am remembering correctly, the author said it happens around that time.
>>
>>77672221
Clothes are tactically inferior.
>>
>>77671992

They say something like "Tattooine is controlled by the Hutts" in TPM. There's obviously a loosely founded Hutt power sphere, even if the Republic have the nominal control.
>>
>>77672267
It's controlled by the Hutts because Jabba lives there and does his business from that temple. Doesn't mean Hutt Space is a thing.

>>77672014
I obviously completely missed that then.
>>
>>77671949
What about Obi-Wan and Anakin?
>>
>>77672325

It was referred to and named in Heir to the Jedi so it's already been put into canon.
>>
>>77672332
It's not out yet, and I wasn't sure whether to add it because there's nothing I can really say about it other than "Obi-Wan does things with Anakin."
>>
>>77672416
Fair enough.
>>
So I was looking up shit on the Jedi in canon and apparently one way to become a Master is for a Knight to train a Padawan into Knighthood. They also make a note to say that Knights generally go out on missions, so I'm assuming Masters normally stay on Coruscant. This probably changed during the Clone Wars, but I'm assuming the Masters got more time home since they had to actually keep the Jedi in order. I'm thinking the reason Anakin wanted to be a Master so bad was because he wanted to be with Padme more as she was having his child. When he heard that he would be on the council, but not a Master he probably assumed that meant they were going to keep sending him to fight the Clone Wars since they thought he needed more training so he used the excuse that he was insulted by this since he had trained Ahsoka to try to plead his case that he should stay on Coruscant with Padme more. Since we know in TCW that the Jedi knew about Anakin and Padme, we can assume they knew what he was trying to do and that was the reason why they didn't make him a Master.
>>
>>77672550
Well I think he was also just being an impatient brat.
>>
>>77672379
>>77672267
>>77671992
>>77672325
It also figures into The Clone Wars movie. Jabba and the Hutt clan controlled a lot of key hyperspace lanes and he was offering access to whoever brought him back his son.
>>
POST MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgNP9dguJbE&list=PLx1aYneGQyQ8TbDeJuwXO6KV-yha9B-ya&index=3
>>
>>77672689
Geez, that's a link and a half you got there.
>>
>>77672689
People say this is a variation of Imperial March but I don't hear it.
>>
>>77672901
Listen all the way to the end.
>>
>>77672689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpNUoWkUFC8

https://youtu.be/U5CyAUSRHR4

https://youtu.be/9QAHblQqJsY

>>77672901
Listen carefully at multiple points in the song, particularly at 2:30

https://youtu.be/ekgpZag6xyQ
>>
Why didn't Jar Jar get his own leitmotif?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkRa5SBexnw
Preview for this week's episode.

>that last bit between Kanan and Rex
This is going to be a great episode
>>
>>77672990
Jar Jar does have his own motif, but it wasn't used after Episode 1.
>>
File: 1447307739795.png (340 KB, 575x750) Image search: [Google]
1447307739795.png
340 KB, 575x750
>>77672550
>So I was looking up shit on the Jedi in canon and apparently one way to become a Master is for a Knight to train a Padawan into Knighthood.

Training a padawan probably helps, but I don't think doing so is a one way ticket to becoming a master. If so, I suspect there'd be more masters than knights, and that's not how a hierarchy/chain of command works.

Also, Qui-gon was a master in TPM. And in canon the only apprentice he has is Obi-wan (in legends he had another before Kenobi, but that one failed).

>>77672689

If we're not doing Duel of The Fates or Battle of Heroes, then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM_ZWnD40aA

This one (to me at least) beautifully portrays a deep longing, a forbidden love and the tragedy that awaits it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkRa5SBexnw

Did they already steal a Sentinel shuttle or is my memory shitty?
>>
>>77673076
Really? I don't remember it. Guess it wasn't very memorable.
>>
>>77673087
Gotta love Jango
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMq9Bq34Uq0
>>
File: treason.jpg (106 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
treason.jpg
106 KB, 685x600
>>77666385
>>
File: Jangofullarmor.jpg (177 KB, 582x1114) Image search: [Google]
Jangofullarmor.jpg
177 KB, 582x1114
>>77673178

I do. Never got tired of hearing that track (or any), when I'm playing Bounty Hunter.

Yes, I replay it occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl1mT5jFvjY
>>
>>77673412
is it a good game?
>>
>>77673622
yes.

It has probably aged quite a bit, but it's one of the more underrated star wars games.
>>
File: platoon.jpg (80 KB, 392x600) Image search: [Google]
platoon.jpg
80 KB, 392x600
>>77673073
>Rex
>in Stormtrooper armor

This gives me hope that we'll see him in his old armor completely again. Even if once only.

Like seriously. If a major battle happens in Rebels, and Rex dies in it, he's gotta be in full armor. And it has to be awesome like pic related.
>>
File: 08.05.15 - 1.png (452 KB, 480x570) Image search: [Google]
08.05.15 - 1.png
452 KB, 480x570
>>77673764
I want Rex to live to ROTJ and make that fan theory real.
>>
File: 1441926995963.png (532 KB, 386x654) Image search: [Google]
1441926995963.png
532 KB, 386x654
>>77673622
Very good. Temura Morrison reprises the role and does magnificently. Also has Corey Burton doing Dooku/Tyranus and has Clancy Brown as Jango's arch.

>>77673693
>It has probably aged quite a bit

Which won't matter anymore since it's slated to get a graphic overhaul and be re-released onto the PS4 in the near future.

It isn't going to be integrated into canon as far as I know though. But personally that's fine with me.
>>
>>77673764
Rex needs to die. We need to see the imps be a threat
>>
>>77674039
wait, really?!
>>
>>77674039
>Which won't matter anymore since it's slated to get a graphic overhaul and be re-released onto the PS4 in the near future.
Nigger what?
>>
>>77674109
>>77674113
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-ps4-playstation2-emulation
>>
File: 8-sanitizedjpg-883970.jpg (1 MB, 2079x1155) Image search: [Google]
8-sanitizedjpg-883970.jpg
1 MB, 2079x1155
>>77673412
>>77673693
>>77674039
I remember saying that I really wanted a sequel to the game focusing on Boba Fett, maybe even with some Arkham Asylum style stealth thrown in.

Then I found out that game was actually being made.

And then it was cancelled.

RIP 1313, too good for this world.
>>
File: 1397673816308.jpg (632 KB, 1920x817) Image search: [Google]
1397673816308.jpg
632 KB, 1920x817
>>77674033

That fan-theory is implausible as shit.

1. By ROTJ Rex would be too fucking old to take part in the field. Like decrepit old.
2. That guy looks nothing like a clone and is clearly a white guy and not a maori.

Face it, Rex is gonna go the way of Satine and Savage.

Bonus points for if he's offed by Vader.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_sOOVV7e8s

mite b cool
>>
>>77674109
>>77674113
>>77674198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6TdEstNUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_sOOVV7e8s
>>
>>77674198
That was a clickbait post if I ever saw one. Emulating =/= graphic overhaul rerelease.
>>
>>77674223
RIP 1313
RIP First Assault
RIP LucasArts
>>
>>77674245
Honestly I'm still just salty that he so readily betrayed Anakin/Vader.

Felt really out of character to me.
>>
>>77674314
rip good canon games
>>
>>77674365
>seriously expecting Dave Filoni to not be a pandering hack
>>
File: 1415246170335.gif (919 KB, 170x196) Image search: [Google]
1415246170335.gif
919 KB, 170x196
>>77674314
>tfw we are living in the glorious age of nothing but mobile and EA Star Wars games that will last for another 10 years
>>
>>77674365
You clearly don't know Rex then. His entire character arc, from Cut, to Krell, to Fives, was all building up to him disobeying authority, which we know to be Order 66.

He was always going to refuse Order 66, people speculated that for a long ass time.

>>77674432
>kills everyone we love
>pandering
Dont try it anon, I have the high ground
>>
Why isnt there a mega for season 2?
>>
>>77674802
go to kisscartoon
>>
File: 1447963018410.jpg (24 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
1447963018410.jpg
24 KB, 600x401
>>77674779
>kills minor villains
>insist on epic memeing about it forever
>>
File: Punished Wolffe.png (422 KB, 448x544) Image search: [Google]
Punished Wolffe.png
422 KB, 448x544
>>77674802
>S2E5 Wings of the Master:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-BUx5evwAjIbFBMa09YX2NYbkE&usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!SogDgSzb!DpwkJ493-8UNkhTWaCB-3A

>S2E4 Brothers of the Broken Horn:
https://mega.nz/#F!H8Ql1AgY!scRdNJTOLsx3aauMqis1fQ
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Zi6AEHfL5WSVB6eVdiZV82M00/view?usp=sharing

>S2E3 Always Two There Are:
https://mega.nz/#F!5cpnFChK!qA1dN4GVn7Nx5JBey75ODQ
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B93I7TSyr_f2V2YwV1ZERGVCNlE&usp=sharing

>S2E2 Relics of the Old Republic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6lDFI93ly1lazdSMGx1YVdJeE0/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!YEQjhKST!8O1ddekAK2X9r6koxJM4aw

>S2E1 The Lost Commanders:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6lDFI93ly1lcjhfNTRwZE1LUWM&usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!8IZTAZIZ!k8dnWF1dv1XEz7ujdcULog

>Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
https://mega.nz/#!PcpyjBRR!Ws4hXEX7Y0NMmqL4WldQwQs56T3CD4pl26098e2d9VY

Because Mega Anon only ever moves forward into the future, and cares not for a cohesive past.
>>
>>77674802
No one will make it, post it here and update it every week.
>>
File: Episode 7 banner ads.png (1 MB, 747x974) Image search: [Google]
Episode 7 banner ads.png
1 MB, 747x974
I fucking love these banner ads
>>
>>77674779
>was all building up to him disobeying authority
>implying this wouldn't lead to him helping Anakin stage a coup against the corrupt Jedi order, regardless of Order 66
>>
Why does everyone hate Episode 2 the most? I thought it was boring as fuck, but it wasn't really 'bad'. Episode 1 is worse than Episode 2 in my opinion because it had tons of parts that were bad. I'm thinking it's because of nostalgia of all the hype for Episode 1.
>>
>>77675638
2 is my favorite.
>>
File: Jango Fett helmet HUD.png (68 KB, 497x502) Image search: [Google]
Jango Fett helmet HUD.png
68 KB, 497x502
>>77674039
On that day Jango pissed himself so many times.
>>
>>77675638
The art style was the biggest turnoff for me.

Episode 1 had the worse story, but the art style is more grounded and practical.

The CGI in Episode 2, by contrast, has aged horribly in my opinion.
>>
>>77675638
Episode I is more or less boring bad IMO. With the exception of Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar the performances are dry and not really cringeworthy.

Episode II actually veers into funny bad for me. Hayden Christensen's Anakin is literally Autistic, Ewan McGregor constantly looks like he's on the verge of having a laughing fit, and Hershlag has no idea what the fuck she's supposed to be doing. The plot is even more convoluted than Phantom Menace, and every scene that isn't on Tatooine looks like total ass.
>>
>>77675638
Some people hate fictional political mechanisms getting fleshed out, too boring for them, and I can see that.
Also they don't like the romance and anakin stuff.
Eh, to each their own.
>>
>>77675638
Every part with Anakin and Padme is worse than anything in TPM.
>>
>>77675638
>I'm thinking it's because of nostalgia of all the hype for Episode 1.
I find it to be just the opposite. Episode 1 gets the most hate because of all the hype and buildup it got, and what a letdown it was, when really it wasn't THAT bad, and II as a whole was the much worse movie.
>>
>>77668811

Ciena is a bigger retard
>>
>>77666750

Watto rigged an explosive chip into the skywalkers that would explode on any escape attempts.

C-3PO may have been Anakins but that's probably because nobody had use for a barely functional droid with no casings.

Shit, when Watto sees Anakin the first thing he says is "why don't you use your powers to hurt people that owe me money".
>>
Do you guys think in the new canon we'll get a moment after Episode 6 where Luke remembers when Leia kissed him in Episode 5 and thinks "Wait a minute... fuck that's nasty." Did they ever do that in the EU? I feel like it's something we need Luke and Leia to just kind of get over. The only thing that really saves that moment for me is thinking of the Skywalkers as some kind of dynasty since a lot of dynasties had tons of weird shit like that in history.
>>
File: 1445132214834s.jpg (8 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1445132214834s.jpg
8 KB, 242x208
Guys, I'm having trouble.

I'm spending Christmas out in the middle of nowhere Australia, and the nearest cinema is STILL booked out for a solid two weeks after Force Awakens premieres.

How do I last two weeks avoiding spoilers? Just not go on the internet? I don't know if I can handle something like that.
>>
>>77675638
Episode 1 is the most meticulous clock, so to speak. George put the most thought into the story and the world-building and all of the intricate little details even if the plot itself comes across as incredibly convoluted.

I heard someone here say that Episode 2 feels like two movies and they aren't wrong. Obi-Wan basically progresses the galactic plot by himself while Anakin and Padme are on their own for most of the film to progress the Anakin plot until they need to go help Obi-Wan and hook back into the main plot. The romance stuff basically seems to have been scripted on auto-pilot and the only good parts of the Anakin plot really come from the situation with his mom, not the Padme stuff.

Neither of them warrant the hate they get though. The plotting can be pretty dense and the acting rather hamfisted but there are far worse movies out there.
>>
>>77676614
I hope not. We don't need to bring attention to it and just hope it gets forgotten over time.

>>77676650
Either spring for travel to another theater that isn't sold out, ruin it for yourself with the spoilers that will be literally everywhere online, or somehow go cold turkey away from the internet for two weeks or more.
>>
>>77675638
They are both equally bad in my opinion. 1 is generally boring, has the annoying little kid, lots of Jar Jar scenes and no stakes at all. 2 has the worst romance in the history of cinema, the CGI looks awfully dated now and the main villain isn't even introduced until the third act of the movie.
I guess people tend to prefer 1 because it looks better and maybe because of Liam Neeson, but whatever...
>>
>>77676614
>>77676725
Why do people get so hung up on this? It's not a big deal, they didn't know they were siblings at the time. If you spent your whole life apart from your sibling you'd probably be a little redfaced about it but it's not like you grew up with them intimate.

Plus ESB's love triangle got axed so that scene just makes it look like Leia was kissing the only other guy in the room to spite Han and shut him up.
>>
>>77676650
Force lightning yourself when you get the urge to go on the internet.
>>
>>77676748
>no stakes at all

Sorry, what? If anything episode 1 has too many different things at stake that aren't elaborated on enough.

>worst romance in the history of cinema

Oh come on man. Have you seen The Room?
>>
I love Adam Driver, but I don't think I'd be able to get over his voice in SW. His voice is so nasally.
>>
>>77676725
Yeah, that's the thing. I've checked and the closer to a city you get the worse it is. Fucking most of Sydney is already booked out till February.
>>
File: 1445907150352.webm (891 KB, 296x360) Image search: [Google]
1445907150352.webm
891 KB, 296x360
>>77673764
>Rex in Stormtrooper armor
>>
Who is the most edgelord character in SW?

inb4 that stupid gray jedi oath
>>
>>77676867
I mean the trade federation was a weak villainous organisation that just blockaded one single planet. The republic and the Jedi weren't in any real danger at all. Compare that to ANH (or TFA for that matter) where the rebel alliance was almost completely annihilated by the Death Star. And even Darth Maul didn't accomplish anything until he killed Qui Gon at the very end of the movie of course.

>Oh come on man. Have you seen The Room?

I was exaggerating of course. But you know exactly what I mean. The romance was horribly written, directed and acted.
>>
>>77677025
We don't know much about him yet, but I bet it's going to be Kylo Ren. Not that I wouldn't like it...

Unless you're also including legends, then I would definitely say Darth Sion.
>>
>>77677053
I'm curious, what do you think the plot of Episode 1 is?
>>
>>77677025
The very thought of grey Jedi undermines the intended nature of the force. The dark side is supposed to be a cancer that exists because of things like hate, greed, and envy. It is not and never has been an external force. You don't try to live life by balancing good acts with evil acts. That's idiotic. You just do good period.
>>
>>77677017
What's the source to this?
>>
>>77677195
>The dark side is supposed to be a cancer

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>77677230
Your EU interpretation of the force is wrong and even the writers of TCW have retracted the views stated by the Mortis Arc. Accept it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 114

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.