[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Hey Arnold’ TV Movie in Works as Nickelodeon Aims to Revive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: 1_hey-arnold.jpg (86 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
1_hey-arnold.jpg
86 KB, 670x377
>The Viacom-owned kids’ outlet is developing a new TV movie based on “Hey Arnold!,” the animated series that ran between 1996 and 2004 and focused on a fourth-grader with an oblong noggin who lived with his grandparents in a boarding house. The TV movie will feature a storyline that picks up where the original series ended and resolves unanswered plotlines–including the whereabouts of Arnold’s parents, long missing from the program. Executives at the network declined to offer a specific date for when the new content might be ready or air.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hey-arnold-tv-movie-nickelodeon-reviving-shows-1201646666/
>>
Jungle movie?
>>
File: helgaandphoebe.jpg (2 MB, 2471x3293) Image search: [Google]
helgaandphoebe.jpg
2 MB, 2471x3293
i support this thread with some altart and music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0
>>
>>77663899
Please yes. I've waited so long for closure.
>>
>modern Nick reviving old classics
This cannot go well.
>>
>>77663890
Oh my god, is it finally happening?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQUkgsvAjA
>>
But there's already a Hey Arnold Movie. It was awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSIdSl9mrU
>>
HOLY FUCK, IT'S NOT TIMBOX?

NICKELODEON YOU ARE REGULARLY SHIT BUT THIS TIME... YOU DONE GOOD
>>
>>77664056
That's because it was meant to be a TV movie while a movie about Arnold and the gang looking for his parents in South America was gonna be the theatrical one. Then the Nick execs fucked things up, shuffled things around, and fired Bartlett when he decided to pitch a new show to Cartoon Network.
>>
File: hey_girls__by_wickfield-d4uj6ci.png (337 KB, 900x542) Image search: [Google]
hey_girls__by_wickfield-d4uj6ci.png
337 KB, 900x542
It'll be "hip" and full of pop culture memes, and produced in Flash

Y'know, for kids!
>>
>>77664133
I want it to be, but I doubt this will actually be The Jungle Movie. They claim they want to make it accessible to a new audience, and making the entire thing set in a different location from usual that only matters to people who followed the series is about as unaccessible as they could get.
>>
File: tumblr_mgpcuz96V91qzbqw1o1_1280.png (351 KB, 571x447) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgpcuz96V91qzbqw1o1_1280.png
351 KB, 571x447
>>77663994
Only if they give the creator free rain to his own creation.
>>
>>77664258
Aren't they running the old episodes and stuff on The Splat anyway? Surely that'd give newcomers the chance to get familiar. Hell, Nick could just rerun that last episode that sets up TJM before airing the movie itself. It's not that hard.
>>
File: 1397758192880.png (96 KB, 217x230) Image search: [Google]
1397758192880.png
96 KB, 217x230
Omg it's actually happening.

please tell me it's finally going to happen..
>>
>>77664258
The Jungle movie was also supposed to lead to a new series about Helga.
>>
>>77664278
>implying Nick will rehire Bartlett
Just don't get your hopes up, family.
>>
>>77664565
>The Patakis never became a thing
Shit was supposed to tackle more mature subject matter that Nick didn't feel comfortable with, ie teen issues. Then the fuckers go and greenlight As Told by Ginger. Fucking suits, man.
>>
>>77664604
>The executives say their focus was guided to Nick’s library of content by chatter about the old shows social media – and some happenstance. Craig Bartlett, the creator of “Hey Arnold!,” was pitching a different idea and started talking to Nick executives about the ways the characters from the old series continued to gain mentions in online forums, citing fan art and fan fiction to short films on YouTube. Barrett will be writer and executive producer on the new “Arnold” move
They need better editors, but it's in there.
>>
>>77664198
it'll be live action, Drake Bell will be playing arnold.
>>
>>77664661
Oh snap. OK I'm a little more at ease.
>>
What did people want the parents end game to actually be? Dead or alive? If alive, did they stay in the Jungle willingly or trapped by someone/something?
>>
>>77664625
As told by Ginger was already out
>>
>>77664198
>screaming intensifies
>>
>>77664706
I think they should be dead. But they leave behind something for Arnold.
>>
>>77664879
This, just give Arnold some closure on the topic.
>>
>>77664879
Weren't they alive in Craig's version though?
>>
>This news will now cause 90s nostalgia fags to go full force, insisting everything from Doug to Animaniacs be revived
>Timbox is validated, and his AnyTown show is greenlighted and released to mass appeal
>Despite catering to all these 90s fags, none of them actually buy merchandise or watch these revived series on TV (instead just streaming them online)
>Kids just want Spongebob, and don't care about revivals of their parents' favorite shows
>Nick dies because catering to a periphery demographic that doesn't watch TV anymore is a fucking horrible plan

Just remember, /co/. You asked for this.
>>
>>77665409
Those shows existing doesn't stop Spongebob from still being their main cash cow.
>>
>>77665409
No one asked for a revival of Doug
>>
>>77665470
Point is, look at how many shows Nick developed while Spongebob was sill running. They were often canned because they didn't get as good ratings as the Sponge.

Why do you think Hey Arnold will be any different?
>>
>>77665491
Then Rugrats instead. Or Ren and Stimpy. Or fucking Invader Zim.

My point stands. Catering to people with rose-tinted glasses only limits moving forward.
>>
>>77665539
To more SpongeBob?
>>
>>77665498
I just want the Jungle Movie, I couldn't care less about an entire show.
>>
>>77665539
The only thing I would give a fuck about being revived after the Jungle Movie would be Invader Zim, and maybe Angry Beavers.
And honestly, I just an extra season of Zim of the episodes they couldn't get to do, and an animated version of Bye Bye Beavers (couldn't care less if it was a fake episode or not, still would to see it animated.)
>>
>>77665539
>Invader Zim
It's already got an revival as comics series
>>
>>77664198
>Flash

You mean ToonBoom
>>
>>77663890
>The network has named Chris Viscardi, co-creator of the classic Nickelodeon series, “The Adventures of Pete & Pete", as its senior vice president of content development for franchise properties – a new role. While Viscardi will oversee creative strategies for key content like “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” “SpongeBob SquarePants” and “Dora The Explorer,” he will also mine the network’s vast library of original series to develop new shows for modern audiences.
Nice

>Viscardi has some of those chops. He was a writer on 20th Century Fox’s 2007 reboot of “Alvin and the Chipmunks"
Uh…..
>>
>>77665924
Yeah, I don't know how the guy who made Pete & Pete made that abomination of a Chipmunks movie.
>>
>That faggot who posted about it every other day
>It became a reality

What's happening lads
>>
File: tumblr_lr59fqMciz1r238wqo6_250.png (80 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lr59fqMciz1r238wqo6_250.png
80 KB, 250x189
>>77664661
>>77664686
Agreed, the only way it's going to have a chance will be if Bartlett IS in charge
>>
File: pishticuffpishticuffpishticuff.jpg (107 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
pishticuffpishticuffpishticuff.jpg
107 KB, 400x267
>>77663890

The TV movie will feature a storyline that picks up where the original series ended and resolves unanswered plotlines–including the whereabouts of Arnold’s parents, long missing from the program

well shit. it's happening. maybe not in the way we all hoped, but it's happening.

All of my yes.
>>
Are we 100% sure this isn't Timbox somehow pulling another one over on us?
>>
File: 1381452745246.png (597 KB, 855x1008) Image search: [Google]
1381452745246.png
597 KB, 855x1008
Why do you all want this to happen?

Hey Arnold was great, and it should rest in peace
>>
>>77667469
Because we want closure.
>>
>>77667479

This.
>>
>>77667469
>>77667479
>>77667537
Maybe it's just me, but I felt like the episode 'The Journal' was meant to evoke a feeling of "live and let live". At the end, Arnold went outside, feeling a little down, then went back inside (correct me if that was another episode), showing that his grandma and grandpa were family enough in the end and you can't have everything perfect in life.

Hearing about the plans for the Jungle Movie, it all sounds too hunky-dory and fanfiction-y (yay, Arnold gets back his parents, Arnold kisses Helga, Arnold no longer has to suffer as an "orphan boy").
>>
File: It Just (Doesn't) Work.jpg (60 KB, 605x695) Image search: [Google]
It Just (Doesn't) Work.jpg
60 KB, 605x695
>they've now gotten to the point where they're pointlessly rebooting old cartoons that don't need it along with old movies that don't need it

STOP

FUCKING STOP
>>
>>77667673
This is somehow a new thing?
>>
>>77667411
I swear he must've had a part in this somehow
He probably sent 2 letters to Nick every day
>>
File: Hanna_eye_roll.gif (353 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Hanna_eye_roll.gif
353 KB, 250x250
>>77667797
>sent 2 letters to Nick every day
Tell Timbox him to "get a life" already
>>
>>77667479
>>77667537

Seriously? Closure?

It's been 11 fucking years. Give it a rest.
>>
>>77668778
11 fucking years of anticipation.
>>
>>77667411
Why does everyone think Timbox is responsible for that Anytown stuff? Timbox only does stuff involving dinosaurs and Dexter's Laboratory. He doesn't give a shit about anything else.

>>77667601
this desu imo baka senpai
>>
>>77663899
>>77663960
The Jungle Movie is in the works, yes. It won't be out anytime soon. Craig talked about it on his most recent interview, a month ago. He also said it'll be years, but the 'deal is done'.

This, however, is most likely just that anytime nutjob.
>>
>>77669840
Scratch that, I looked into Craig Bartlett's facebook, and yes, this is the official announcement. Nickelodeon also made a post linking to the article on their official facebook group.
>>
y'all niggers postin in a timbox thread. this will NEVER happen
>>
>>77665924
If you look at his credits it's basically just that and then a sea of garbage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_McRobb_and_Chris_Viscardi
>>
Is there any other Nick show that makes you feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gkTcfZ1ww4
>>
>>77663890
>The TV movie will feature a storyline that picks up where the original series ended and resolves unanswered plotlines–including the whereabouts of Arnold’s parents

That was one hell of a cliffhanger, though I assumed that it hinted towards them having caught the sleeping sickness and died
>>
>>77665539
>Nick
>moving forward
This is their best bet for a long while. They don't have a prayer in the world for where they were heading, which was an external abyss of spongebob.
>>
>>77665409
>Nick dying
Good.
>>
>>77665491
I'd be curious to see a revival of Doug just because I think a 2010's Doug would have to be a fundamentally different show from a 1990's Doug.

>Dear tumblr
>Hi there, it's me, Doug
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.