[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a rticle/rumor-fox-eying-r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: Prophet_1.jpg (61 KB, 240x372) Image search: [Google]
Prophet_1.jpg
61 KB, 240x372
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-fox-eying-rob-liefelds-prophet-for-feature-film-adaptation

>Fox's "Deadpool" feature film might just be the first of many Rob Liefeld projects to make it to the big screen. According to The Tracking Board, the Deadpool co-creator is currently shopping his Image Comics series "Prophet" around with studios -- and he's reportedly already garnered some interest.

>According to unnamed sources, Fox has shown interest in "Prophet," which is reportedly being described as a mix between "The Martian," "Mad Max" and "Avatar."
>>
>>77663811
T-they mean Graham's, right?
>a mix between "The Martian," "Mad Max" and "Avatar."
Is this true? I haven't read the book yet.
>>
yeah this is solely because of Graham's work, if he doesn't get his piece of hollywood $$$ the world is shit.
>>
>>77663869
>Is this true? I haven't read the book yet.
That's a decent enough description of Graham's, yeah. Sounds very little like Liefeld's so they must be talking about Graham's
>>
>>77664088
>a mix between "The Martian," "Mad Max" and "Avatar."
So, no BD-influenced space opera? Because I expected something like that; "sweet Euro-esque Prophet," you know.
>>
Rob Liefeld is the Donald Trump of comic books.

Unlikable, talentless bastard that won't go away and somehow keeps making bank.
>>
>>77664116
I imagine that'd be too CGI heavy for them to do properly, hence why they'll probably focus more on the being stranded on alien planet part and less on the crazy cosmic space shenanigans.
>>
>>77664118
>unlikable
What? Rob is a great guy. And being one of the most influential artists for an entire decade's worth of comic art despite being completely self-taught is something I'd hardly call "talentless."
>>
>>77664118

You just described Stan Lee you twat.
>>
File: Will Smith don't like this.jpg (17 KB, 259x236) Image search: [Google]
Will Smith don't like this.jpg
17 KB, 259x236
>>77664138
>yet another scifi movie in the desert, instead of competing with SW
I hope Fox turns him down.
>>
>>77664118
>THIS GUY IS LIKE THE DONALD TRUMP OF X
God can you people shut your fucking mouths
>>
>>77664154
>a great guy
>one of the most influential artists
>mistaking talent for business with artistic talent
Rob pls
>>
>>77664159
speak truth to power
>>
>>77664178
Donald pls
>>
Prophet is one of the best books of the last few years. Blows my mind that it's published by Liefeld.
>>
>>77664211
Jim Shooter wasn't anything special as a writer but man, did he know how to publish.
>>
>>77664181
For better or worse, he was one of the defining artists of 90's comics.
>>
>>77664245
Yeah, few artists can boast that they killed a whole industry.
>>
File: original.png (29 KB, 177x166) Image search: [Google]
original.png
29 KB, 177x166
>>77663811
>Liefeld's Prophet
>Not Graham's
why
>>
>>77664116
The first three issues of Brandon Graham's sweet Euro-esque Prophet are a mix between "The Martian," "Mad Max" and "Avatar." Actually I would personally describe it more as post-apocalyptic "Conan the Barbarian", but whatever.

BD-influenced space opera comes after those first three issues.
>>
How long til Young Blood finally get their movie?
>>
>>77664265
Graham's Prophet IS Liefeld's Prophet. Graham is just work for hire, the property is still Liefeld's. It's like if Kirkman got someone else to write The Walking Dead. It'd still be considered Kirkman's comic even if the show/games/w.e take more inspiration and adaptation from the new creative team's work on the book.
>>
>Descender
>Prophet
>Chrononauts
Any other Image comics movies that are coming up?
>>
>>77664260
Rob Liefeld can't boast that he killed a whole industry.

If you think that the industry was actually "killed", or that all the fault lies with one single person, then I'm not sure that you're old enough to post on this website.
>>
>>77664260
Here's what the Anon said.
He said that he's likable (every story about the man's personality, separate from his work suggests this), his work was influential, and self-taught.

You'll notice none of that said his art was actually GOOD
>>
>>77664307
this is garbage, its like saying The Dark Knight is just Miller as hired gun working on Bob Kane's Batman

For better or for worse, cape comix reuse the same characters for ever, and the creators, or more often, companies own them forever.

we as fans don't have to throw the artists who work on them under the bus too.

All respect to Liefeld, if Graham's Prophet has anything to do with him, it is not visible to the naked eye.
>>
>>77664343
Wytches I believe? Or maybe it was a TV show.
>>
>>77664421
>its like saying The Dark Knight is just Miller as hired gun working on Bob Kane's Batman
Actually, it's like saying The Dark Knight is just Miller as hired gun working on DC's Batman.

Liefeld is the owner of the property, like DC or Marvel. It's Rob Liefeld's Prophet like it'd be DC's The Dark Knight (not Miller's) or Marvel's Captain America: Civil War (not Millar's).

When you're talking about the comic itself, it's good to seperate by creative team, but if you're talking about the property/franchise, you refer to it by who owns the IP.
>>
>>77664421
If you don't like it then don't read work-for-hire comics.

But since it is work-for-hire, then Liefeld is within his rights to keep all the money from any deal that he makes.

But since Liefeld hasn't made any deals yet, then it's too soon to get mad at him for any potential future actions that he might or might not make.
>>
>>77664178
I haven't seen that phrasing before. Now the "Donald Trump is the X of Y"? That one I've seen a lot.
>>
>>77664260
Look up something called "Market Speculation" dumbass
>>
>>77664474
Except for all those Youngblood characters in book 4.
>>
>>77664354
>>77664368
>>77664574
>damage controlling this hard
>>
>>77664474
>>77664488
Image is just behaving like the Big Two despite considering themselves morally superior to the Big Two. Pity, isn't it?
>>
>>77664693
>Image
Image doesn't own Prophet. What the hell are you talking about?

>is just behaving like the Big Two despite considering themselves morally superior to the Big Two. Pity, isn't it?
No money or credit is being withheld. What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>77664720
Liefeld is the owner of Image and Prophet.
>No money or credit is being withheld
We'll see. It wouldn't be th first time Liefeld steals money...
>>
i wish this movie to fail.

I wish the John Carter curse on it.
>>
>>77664762
>Liefeld is the owner of Image
No he isn't. You have no idea how Image works, do you?
>>
>>77664795
Then who owns Image? Me?
>>
>>77664810
Image isn't owned

And Liefeld isn't in any position of power. The current people who run Image are:
Todd McFarlane (President)
Jim Valentino (Vice President)
Marc Silvestri (CEO)
Robert Kirkman (COO)
Erik Larsen (CFO)
Eric Stephenson (Publisher)
>>
>>77664870
>Image isn't owned
Nice. May I keep it?
>>
>>77664886
Why are you asking me? Send an email to Marc Silvestri and ask him.
>>
>>77664911
So he's the owner? But you said...
>>
>>77664870
>Robert Kirkman (COO)
Somehow this implies that TWD is not selling because of quality.
>>
>>77664924
I said he's the CEO, not the owner.
>>
>>77664924
Can you not read simple, straight-forward english?
>>
>>77664166
But a large part of Star Wars is set in the desert.
>>
>>77664944
TWD is selling because of the TV show.
>>
>>77664957
Yeah, until the spaceships start flying.

>>77664960
And because RK makes sure the Marketing dept. at Image works exclusively for him.

>>77664948
>>77664952
2deep4me
>>
>>77664986
>And because RK makes sure the Marketing dept. at Image works exclusively for him.
The Walking Dead comic book sales have always been through the roof, even before Robert Kirkman or the tv show were a thing.
>>
>>77664924
Wow, you are astonishingly retarded.
>>
>>77664154
He's so retarded he legitimately considered Sarah Palin to be a political figure worth taking seriously and listening to.
>>
>>77665048
No one is claiming he's a smart man. Just that he's likable.
>>
>>77665048
He thought Schwarzenegger would become President and "fix the laws"
>>
>>77665210
How is he likeable?
>>
>>77665283
Go meet him in person, hold a conversation with him, and find out.
>>
>>77664178
this anon is the donald trump of anons
>>
>>77663935
He won't, since his work on Prophet is work-for-hire. He said there wasn't even a proper contract.
>>
>>77664211
It's published by Eric Stephenson. He was the one who put together the whole extreme-reboot thing, while Liefeld gave his blessings and takes the checks.
>>
>>77664986
>>77664924
>>77664886
>>77664810
>>77664762
I think you need to step away from the thread
>>
>>77663811
fucking sweet
got issue 1 signed for free (this past con). i'm guessing if the deal goes through he's going to start charing 20 to 30 dollars for prophet related material.
>>
>>77664343
Millar already sold Huck to Studio 8.
>>
>>77664952
Can you not tell when you are being trolled?
>>
>>77666720
I can. I can also tell when someone's flat-out retarded.
>>
File: 80 years old.jpg (334 KB, 604x815) Image search: [Google]
80 years old.jpg
334 KB, 604x815
>>
>Deadpool
>Prophet
>Giving Liefeld the credit for their success

Hollywood please stop, he had nothing to do with what is good about the characters. Even less for Prophet because you can at least give rob some credit for deadpool's costume.
>>
>>77666860
Is that Doctor on the top melting?
>>
They better be referring to Graham's run.
>>
File: prophet-stephen-platt-620x.jpg (73 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
prophet-stephen-platt-620x.jpg
73 KB, 620x350
loved the way s.platt drew prophet
>>
File: Youngblood v1 2.jpg (467 KB, 1038x1585) Image search: [Google]
Youngblood v1 2.jpg
467 KB, 1038x1585
>>77663811
could this be a gateway to a youngblood movie (a hard R movie)???
>>
>>77663811
Admit it, /co/.
You would much prefere to spend a afternoon talking with Liefeld about the crazy money wasting and rockstar life style of early Image than any of your beloved "Magicians" and "Enlightend Hermits" hearing them go on about their "psycho-mysticism" or "techno-magic"
>>
>>77668978
Not really, Liefeld seems quite illiterate, he's probably not very interesting to listen at.
>>
>>77665295
>person is nice in public place surrounded by witnesses
No fucking shit he seems nice, it's a fucking public place, you autistic dumbass. He's not going to act like the egotistical Monster that almost destroyed the industry and harassed comic book workers.
>>
>>77669005
He must at least have some cool stories about that time when McFarlane had such a huge ego he would only go around with 3 super models and had an art showcase were he picked random pages from Spawn, hanged them in a room and said: "You see, regardless of the order you read them in they still make sense".
>>
>>77669006
I never heard anything about Liefeld "harassing" anybody. Maybe you are mixing him up McFarlane, from him I've heard some shit.
>>
>>77669006
>No fucking shit he seems nice, it's a fucking public place
Twitter, on the other hand...
>>
>>77669326
stories of mcfarlane?

also do jim valentino or marc silvestri attend cons?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.