[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we will never ever get another x-men show because muh inhumans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 1
File: standard_fantastic.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
standard_fantastic.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>we will never ever get another x-men show because muh inhumans
>>
Who has cartoon rights?
>>
>>77661603
Doesn't matter. Until fox relinquishes the rights we won't get another. I don't know why they won't play ball with disney, seems like it'd make both parties tons of dosh.
>>
>>77661594
I don't mind, they've had plenty of cartoons already. In a few years when it all blows over, they'll get another show.

Do you really want an X-Men with the "quality" of Avengers Assemble?
>>
>>77661623
I'm surprised that Marvel won't use Fox's movies to shill their X-comics.
>>
>>77661624
>Do you really want an X-Men with the "quality" of Avengers Assemble?
This.
Also, no.
>>
>>We will never get another great marvel cartoon because muh MCU

Fixed.
>>
>>77661637
Marvel has gone full control freak with their IPs now. If they don't have complete control over the games, movies, comics, and toy rights so can fit everything into their cockfuck universe then the title doesn't exist and its dead to them.
>>
>>77661594
Despite this show being yet more Wolverine stroking, I have to give it at least one bit of credit.

This is the only time Emma Frost has ever been even slightly likable. Granted, that's likely because she never goes full cunt and is voiced by Kari Wahlgren, but still.
>>
>>77662065
>dead to them
and that's why we have three X-men team books that just launched/are about to launch, not counting solo series or X-men '92.
>>
>>77662177
Fantastic Four say hi.
>>
>>77662177
There used to be 10+ x-books, each with different goal. Nowadays we have 3 team books with one goal - inhuman mists.
Yay, how great.
>>
>>77662251
Not to mention that they retcon mutants.
>>
>>77662177
With who they placed on the books, the low sales will get them canned.
>>
>>77662389
And the delays anon, the delays. Not a single X-book debuted in october. X-Men 600 was delayed because reasons.
>>
>>77662389
>Lemire already turned EXM into waifuwank
>>
>>77662431
Putting Lemire on a team book is like saying "we don't want this book to succeed"
>>
>>77661637
Disney doesn't care about comic money, only film/merch/tv show money.
>>
>>77662475
Which is stupid, since money is money.
>>
Another funny thing is that X-Men, despite having x-position weekly, have literally no news, no upcoming crossovers, events, nothing to excite the fans, other than dealing with inhumans shit.
Avengers on the other hand, already have announced "standoff" event, possible Civil War II.

The last time there were any X-Men news was 2 years ago, and it was about BOTA, and Trial of Jean Grey. Since then, the X-Men were mostly absent from comic book cons. Bah, there was this year an Inhumans panel featuring X-Men. The writing is on the wall.

>>77662488
I guess that Disney has enough money, that they are willing sabotage certain properties if they see them as competition.
>>
>>77662488
Comics make so little money that to a business like Disney, it'd be equivalent to you or I making a fuss about picking up pennies off the ground rather than letting them go to waste.
>>
>>77662507
It's not necessarily true. Comics actually have their sales currently being improved, however, Marvel still has to justify their existence, both as the publishing company, and IP farm.
>>
>>77662444
Tell me about it. Premise and team is already idiotic, I just wait for him to buttfucks book.
>>
Which one is the best? This or Evolution?
>>
>>77662496
actually correction. It was Inhumans and MUTANTS panel. Not even X-Men.
>>
>>77662540
They just throw whatever book for X-fags to shut up, however notice that they mostly want the X-fags to transfer / move onto other books, like GOTG, Dr Strange, Inhumans, etc.

It's also very disturbing that Deadpool has more books than X-Men, especially that recently, DP's ties to X-Men were cut in favor of making him an Avenger, and a character promiting wider MU.
>>
>>77662556
Oh yes. People are euphoric because on team are Nightcrawler and Storm! Zomg! When they're all be wallpaper to Magik and Jean.
And Deadpool having that many books is baffling. I mean, good for his fans and all but I think it's silly to crank that amount of books.
>>
>>77662542
>Evolution
>Clean Wolverine
Trash
>>
>>77662577
I have a theory. Fox can only get money from the merch, if the characters have movie costumes.

DP's costume in a movie will be the same as in comics. The film will also adapt some Kelly's issues, so it's possible that marvel will have more money from licensing DP.
>>
>>77662604
I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>77662619
Thanks. Trying to make sense out of Marvel decisions really requires some mental gymnastics
>>
>>77662577

You know what I would do for a great Nightcrawler ongoing? I would do a lot.
>>
Old man logan solo wont deal with inhumans, i hope and so far x-23 isnt dealing with inhumans either
>>
>>77662654
We had a great Nightcrawler ongoing. It's just that not enough people were buying it.
>>
>>77662664
For now. Wait until sales go to the shitter and they have to involve everyone in some Inhumans/X-Men event where the X-Men will et shafted
>>
>>77662556
>notice that they mostly want the X-fags to transfer / move onto other books, like GOTG, Dr Strange, Inhumans, etc.
I call bullshit. If they really wanted that, they would put Cyclops, Storm, Magneto... in those books. Not Beast or Kitty Pryde or...who the fuck is on Dr. Strange?
>>
>>77662664
X-23 will have Dr Strange in her book, just in time for the movies.
>>
>>77662700
There's quite a number of Roguefags buying Uncanny Avengers, because she's so awesome that she's leading Avengers squad. Damn straight!
>>
>>77662700
Well, isn't Cyclops in Inhumans?
Storm is not a good seller, her latest volume proves that she has a vocal fanbase.

Magneto is cool, but I can't see how could he work well in other books. Marvel experimented with Red Skull mini, which should have been called Red Skull & Magneto, but it sold really poorly.

Beast is the character that everyone hates. And for marvel, hatred = sales. Kitty Pryde is Bendis' waifu. Dr Strange has Scarlet Witch, who is a fake mutant nowadays, and Shaman from Alpha Flight, but I don't think anyone remembers him, and he might be owned by MCU.
>>
>>77662431
>>77662444
what happened in there?
>>77662488
in most european countries classic disney characters still have popular comic books while if I'm not wrong in the USA MM and DD are just publicity products now
>>
>>77662696
Could black bolt BTFO of all the x-men ?
I dont know too much about him, and the few thing i know is that one of his scream created a rapture in space
>>
>>77662749
>publicity products now
or glorified adverts

In many ways, marvel went full circle, since Namor (their first character) appeared first in a movie tie-in.
>>
>>77662748
>Well, isn't Cyclops in Inhumans?
No. He was on that splash art from ages ago but who knows, maybe they changed mind and decided to off him for good.
>>77662760
All X-Men? Like, all? No.
>>
>>77662488
No it's not, comics are niche, they only make more money when they can bring in movie fans.

By getting rid of any hype surrounding x-men, and still realeasing books, they're making bare minimum which is acceptable.

However if thier marketing plan works and fox reliquishes the rights, they now have ANOTHER multimillion dollar franchise.
>>
>>77662760
Like 99% of them
>>
>>77662760
Depends on who you ask.
I say no, not at all.
However, it also depends on the writer and marvel.
If marvel tells the writer that BB btfos X-Men, then the writer will have to write it that way.
>>
>>77662773
Well, Cyclops didn't appear in any x-book either, and probably won't be.

>>77662781
Black Bolt is a loser.
>>
>>77662748
>Kitty Pryde is Bendis' waifu.
Being his waifu doesn't bring sales. If she's there just for that then it means Marvel doesn't really want Xfags on GotG, at least not more than how they want Avengers or Spider-Man or any franchise's fans.
>>
>>77662831
There are many Kittyfags, just like there are many Roguefags and Stormfags. And yes, they do want to bring X-fags into other franchises, which is why we have Uncanny Inhumans, Uncanny Avengers, and very soon, we will have Uncanny Guardians of the Galaxy. You also have Sunspot leading Avengers. It's just that marvel does it gradually. Only 4 years ago, X-Men were hermetic in their own world, and beside Wolverine, they didn't really interact with the rest of MU. It changed after the AvX.
>>
>>77662851
Tbh, I wouldn't mind being drawn to F4 if team is Reed, Sue, Scott and Emma.
>>
>>77662856
In many ways, Future Foundation was a book for both FF and X-fags. I mean, you had a team composed of various metahumans going on some wacky adventures.
>>
>>77662872
Yeah. And that crossover between Foundation and Extinction team was awesome.
To me, anyway.
>>
>>77662851
Uncanny isn't an X-Men owned word. And I doubt there are more Kittyfags than let's say...Riderfags.
>>
>>77662881
Kittyfags are ones in power.
>>
Soo the teen x-men are good as dead except for Evan, Idle, Glob Herman and maybe Quentin Quire.
>>
>>77662895
still doesn't mean it will bring Xfags and they know it
>>
>>77662881
I don't know man, it depends which corner of the internet you visit.

>>77662878
Yeah, they were really cool. It was really funny when FF met X-Men, as the FF had Doom on their team, while X-Men had Magneto.
>>
>>77662905
Let's wait for the sales report, okay?
It might turn out that you will have to eat your words. A lot of Kittyfags actually were happy about Kitty leaving X-Men, and Stormfags would prefer Storm to lead the Avengers. In many ways, Marvel accomplished what they wanted.
>>
>>77662517
Which is kinda astonishing that Marvel owns half the market right now, and they are still charging ridiculously high for issues
>>
>>77662904
All-New All-Different Wallpaper.
>>77662905
X-fags are characterfags. Characterfags will buy whatever book with their character.
>>77662906
>Yeah, they were really cool. It was really funny when FF met X-Men, as the FF had Doom on their team, while X-Men had Magneto.
Part with Magneto hitting Doom and Doom going all "do it properly, we have lie to sell".
>>
>>77662577
Remember when Deadpool was severely overmarket? That was bad.
>>
>>77662929
Well, marvel would say "quality art costs quality money". But it's just plain greed. But then again, it's not like Beyonce or Rihanna's cds are cheap either, right? And marvel is currently an equivalent to soulless mainstream pop music
>>
>>77662941
it leaves me All-Cold and All-Indifferent
>>
>>77662941
>X-fags are characterfags. Characterfags will buy whatever book with their character.
then they are not Xfags, they are Kittyfags. Xfags are there for the XMen.

>>77662924
if you put it that way, of course people will be happy that she has a more important position on another franchise, i'm just saying her presence won't mean Xfags are going to GotG, just her fans will
>>
>>77662856
>Rightastic Four
>>
>>77662987
>then they are not Xfags, they are Kittyfags. Xfags are there for the XMen.
No, he was correct. You would have to talk with some dedicated Xfags, because it's hard to understand. I had problems with getting it at first as well. Also, there is some schism inside the community, and some Xfags just stopped buying marvel comics altogether.
>>
>>77663030
>You would have to talk with some dedicated Xfags
Ok. Some dedicated Xfag please explain it to me.
>>
>>77662760
If he made use of all of his abilities he could beat pretty much everybody individually. Probably not the whole team at the same time.
>>
>>77663088
Not one, but I think it goes like that: Xfags, while love their xbooks, they also have this one beloved character that they will follow, no matter where he, or more frequently, she goes. Every Xfag has this one favorite character.

For example, a lot of Xfags are going to read Uncanny Avengers, because of Cable joining the cast. And I mean those Xfags, who otherwise ignored that book.
>>
>>77662998

Why doesn't anyone hack into Fox's website with death threats n shit like what happened with Amazing Spider-Man 2?
>>
>>77663120
That's how it goes. Your worded better than I could.
>add Sunfire to Uncanny Avengers
Nobody gives a fuck.
>add Rogue
Now you're onto something.
>>
>>77663149
So you're saying we need to get the Best Koreans mad at Fox so they hack their site and leak shit just so we get X-Men and FF back? Where do get some Koreans?
>>
>>77663152
Hell, Rogue was the only reason I lurked the Uncanny Avengers stuff...though that backfired when she turned into one of the most shat upon characters in that book. I mean, fuck, she was vaporized into a skeleton for shits and giggles
>>
>>77663162
It's not like North Korea gets films anyways. ..
>>
>>77663120
but if this is true then they should add the characters with the biggest Xfollowing to the other franchises. Rogue and Cable (and Gambit probably) were a step in the right direction but Kitty? Sunspot? Beast? do Xfags love them that much?
>>
>>77663162

Maybe tell them that the recent Ice Age film says "North Korea sux" repeatedly?
>>
>>77663201
Rogue was hardcore assassinated in Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>77663120
as a Xfag I can tell you, for me at least, that this is untrue
I like Rogue, Cannonball, Sunspot, and Cable but I will not follow them to Avengers titles
>>
>>77663229
Each character has some following, even Magott.
>>
>>77663255
That's good, you shouldn't.
Avengers are a bore
>>
>>77663248
I mean, I got really angry. Remender had a vendetta against her the whole time.
>>
>>77663278
Remember that edit, when Rogue assembles team to rescue Wanda because she didn't see her for 15 minutes?
>>
I hope the Inhuman push fails so hard that Marvel needs to write a story where the muties push the Inhumans off earth and back to the moon where they belong.
>>
>>77663292
No?
I do recall the rushed "They are friends now bullshit."
>>
>>77663363
Eh, can't find that page. Can't remember where I've seen it, either. Shame.
You can bet in your left arm that Rogue will become BFF with Psynapse.
>>
>>77663318
That will happen sooner or later
>>
>>77662091
>Kari Wahlgren
How is that a good thing? She has an awful voice.
>>
>>77663318
You'll have to wait till the movie comes out and still nobody cares them.
>>
>>77663572
Not likely. If Marvel could turn Guardians of the Galaxy into a money print machine, what prevents them from doing the same with the Inhumans?

The formula is simple and proved.
1 Do stuff to put the franchise in the spotlight, no matter the quality.
2 Wait for the movie writers to create a version that becomes a hit in theaters
3 copy everything from the movie and include the characters you want to push as well
4 MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY
>>
>>77663651
Let's see how Dr Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel fares. Ant-Man didn't burn the roof, and the comic is not some hit.
>>
>>77661594
>>we will never ever get another x-men show

>Legion, Hellfire
>>
>>77663681
Ant-Man made a shitlot of money and the comic is quite healthy.
>>
>>77663715
Didn't ant-man have the second lowest opening weekend in MCU history? The comic just got restarted, if it gets beyond 10 issues, then we'll see.
>>
>>77663706
>No Scemma
Into thrash and all that jazz.
>>
>>77663732
not because you have the second lowest opening of the franchise that has at least two fucking billion dollar franchises means it's doing bad. And every comic was restarted if you didn't notice.
>>
>>77663511
Yeah, it seems like they are repeating that arc, but why is Psynapse so offended? Did she just get really into Inhuman culture in those 8 months?
>>
>>77663759
How long lasted the previous Ant-Man volume? 6 issues? And yes, if you set the bar high, don't backpedal by saying "it's still good". Perlmutter got btfo-ed because of AoU, whic "only" earned Billion, but wasn't as succesful as first one, while it was expected to excel the first movie considerably
>>
>>77663759
>And every comic was restarted if you didn't notice.
No shit sherlock, how do you assume that the comic is doing "healthy" then?
>>
>>77663651
I think the difference is that they have no idea what to do to Inhumans and made X-Men 2.0 instead. Look at Agents of Shield
>>
>>77663808
Isn't so far Shield a failure both as a tv show and a comic book?
>>
>>77663790
It is more Marvel's fault for trying to push 3 future films in Avengers 2 instead of natural storytelling. Did we really need Ragnorok, Civil War and Infinity Wars all teased?
>>
>>77663805
because I see the sales on the charts.
>>
>>77663840
It isn't lighting up the ratings. I blame the first season and the fact that all these spy organizations working against each other probably confused fans
>>
>>77663858
Ant-Man 5 83 095 (previous volume)
Astonishing Ant-Man 1 75,597

lol, VERY healthy. A restart did less than final issue, while usually it's the other way
>>
>>77663881
Ant-Man 5 wasn't the last issue, it was Last Days Ant -Man

and if you think doing 80k-70k is not healthy then you're an idiot.
>>
>>77663950
Wrong, idiot
Ant-Man Last Days 1 35 594

And yeah, the sales are declining. It seems that the movie charm is wearing off. Look at the sales of GOTG, they were in top 10 sales.
>>
>>we will never ever get another x-men show

Good.

Marvel can't make good cartoons.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.