[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which do you prefer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 5235814.jpg (67 KB, 640x589) Image search: [Google]
5235814.jpg
67 KB, 640x589
Which do you prefer?
>>
war zone is objectively one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The other one at least tries to be a real movie, has some good scenes too, I like it.
>>
>>77658532
The one that had him torturing a guy with a Popsicle.
>>
>>77658575
Which is something that was pulled directly from Dixon's Punisher run.
>>
War Zone had him drop from the ceiling and spin around shooting people so that one
>>
Anyone who says War Zone needs to read Punisher comics.

The director herself hated comics and the crew had to beg her to put the skull on the suit. When everyone hated the movie and point out how bad it was she tried to pull the "it was supposed to be bad, it's parody" card
>>
The Punisher was GOAT. War Zone was pretty meh
>>
File: 1383418841742.png (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1383418841742.png
77 KB, 500x500
>>77658532
Which one was the one where he kills a cop, and in the end it's just "Well you killed a bunch of bad guys so all is forgiven"?

Because that was bullshit
>>
>>77658640

>The director herself hated comics and the crew had to beg her to put the skull on the suit.

I always love when people use arguments like this. It's not even problems with things that happen in the movie, it's things that ALMOST happened but didn't. Because it can't just be critical of the content, you have to find behind-the-scenes bullshit too.

Also the movie was obviously intentionally campy. Frank blows a parkour guy up in midair with a rocket launcher, and punches a guy so hard in the face it expodes.
>>
I like them both.
>>
The Thomas Jane one has some good scenes, but it really undermines who the Punisher really is. I still wouldn't mind him as the Punisher tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBIogTTYsN4

This shit was good.
>>
>>77658532
The last two
>>
>>77658532
the Dolph Lundgren one
>>
>>77658720
Well what it shows is the director thought she was above making a superhero movie. You hear stories like this a lot where they want to distance themselves from the source material and "create" or whatever. If you want to create, then make up your own fucking character and don't shit on something with decades of story and dedicated fans, especially if you're going to act high and mighty and look down on it.
>>
Punisher was the better film
War Zone was the better flick
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P35eZvHwDs8
>>
>>77658835

>Well what it shows is the director thought she was above making a superhero movie.

Oh god you fucking babies I can't eve- do you understand that it's not the job of a filmmaker to be a fan of the source material? It's their job to make a good movie, that's it. Being accurate to the source material has never been an obligation or a necessity since the dawn of fucking film.

Bryan Singer not caring about the X-Men comics didn't stop those movies being good.
>>
>>77658532
I like Tom Jane's Punisher. Plus he is sort of sanitized enough to fit in the MCU.

That being said I had fun with War Zone, and Jessica Jones showed us that we can have a dark Marvel series.

So basically I just want Tom Jane to get to do a brutal Netflix series. Preferably one that borrows from Punisher Max.

Plus they could leave that Punisher movie intact and include it as an MCU movie since it doesn't really conflict with anything. And get them to say the Laundry Day fan movie is now part of it as well.

So Frank is just ambling around, and it would make some sense that he gets fed up with the state of things and the heros ignoring the really brutal day to day gang crime in favor of going after powered villains etc.

Or that DD just isn't doing enough to save the city. Whatever.
>>
File: ThisActuallyHappened.gif (2 MB, 445x273) Image search: [Google]
ThisActuallyHappened.gif
2 MB, 445x273
>>77658532
War Zone was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>77658906
>Bryan Singer not caring about the X-Men comics didn't stop those movies being good.
>X-Movies
>Good
>>
>>77659180
such edgy opinion
>>
War Zone but the director is grating on twitter.
>>
File: Punisher Lungren.jpg (233 KB, 1200x942) Image search: [Google]
Punisher Lungren.jpg
233 KB, 1200x942
>>77658532
This one.
>>
>>77659081

I vaguely remember the producers mandating the parkour and the director throwing that in to make fun of it; not sure on the source though.
>>
>>77659657

No, the director's friends all told her to never ever put parkour in because it was so played-out and everyone hates it at this point.

So she decided to put it in her own way, as a joke.
>>
I have to admit, I really like War Zone. It's a very fun movie. I think that had it been an original IP it may have been better received. But then it would've bombed twice as hard.

Still, I love it anyway. It has a dark atmosphere, but it doesn't take itself very seriously. It's actually pretty funny at times. And the action scenes are great.

It's not a great comic movie, but as a Darkman-esque homage to the vigilante genre it's not half bad.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.