[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /co/ how is Young Avengers? which volume is better? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
sup /co/

how is Young Avengers?
which volume is better?

I'm specifically looking for more Kate Bishop. Is she well-written in it?
>>
You'll have a gay ol' time.
>>
If you want more Kate reading both is a good call.
>>
>>77652339
It's for women and gays...oh wait..this is /co/.
Read all of it. Have fun.
Oh and pick up that shit where all of the men on the planet died for some stupid reason.
Legbeards and queers love that crap.
>>
>>77652425
I'm sorry. I didn't realize this would spark so much hostility. I'm simply looking for good books with well-written teenage characters. If you have other suggestions, feel free to make them.
>>
>>77652678
There's no real "hostility" it just gets kind of boring if gays aren't your thing.
Avengers Academy.
>>
>>77652339
The original U.S. was pretty good, but the Gillen run was trying too hard to be hip, imo.
>>
>>77652741
Avengers Academy is on my list, yes. I'm going to pick up the trades once I've worked through more of my backlog. (As you may guess, I'm currently reading through Hawkeye)

Explain the gays thing more thoroughly. Are most of the characters gay or something? Unless it's like 90% about relationships then I don't have a problem with it.
>>
>>77652765
>U.S.
I don't know why it autocorrected YA.
>>
>>77652678
Bro, you're on 4chan. Always expect some hostility, it comes with the territory. Anyways, maybe try Runaways?
>>
>>77652788

The Gillen/McKelvie stuff is a lot about Wiccan and Hulkling's relationship yeah.

both YA runs are better than Academy
>>
>>77652788
Just about every member on the team is gay in some way. Or, at least, by the end it'll feel like that's the case.
>>
>>77652830
>The Gillen/McKelvie stuff
I was thoroughly bored. The team, for the most part, just runs around without doing anything or solving any problems -- first, they're busy running away from trouble, then they figure the best thing is to run toward their problems.
>>
I think Volume 1 is a better story and better tone.
Volume 2 is pretty much "Aren't gay people and fanfiction the greatest thing ever? WOOOOOO, BEING A YOUNG PERSON IS GREATER THAN SEX!"
>>
>>77652678
You're confusing hostilitiy with boredom.

It's litterally a book that only chicks and queer crowd will really dig. And since there are a lot of chicks and queer folk in /co/ it always gets the big thumbs up.
>>
Volume 1 was awesome and had the better team that actually felt like a team. It bugs me that MAC caught on and Patriot didn't
>>
>>77652339
Both volumes are good. First volume is more kind of grit drama and establishing all the characters.
Second volume is more cerebral, challenges the meta of an Avengers team that will never actually be Avengers, plays around with the roles of some characters in the universe.
First 3 issues are kind of bad but it really picks up and becomes a fun and smart book.

Of the two volumes you'd get more Kate in the first, as the second volume is mostly about trying to make Wiccan interesting past being the self insert he was in the first volume.
>>
>>77652678
Blue Beetle, Miss Marvel.
>>
>>77652678
Ultimate Spider-man
>>
>>77652339
First volume one is good. Second one that you posted is nothing but Kid Loki being a troll.
>>
>>77652339
It's pretty terrible, one of the most shallow and cringe-worthy comics I've ever read. As others already said, you're not going to get much out of it other than gay pandering, to an absurd degree. Almost every straight characters that were unfortunate enough to end up there were retconned gay for literally no reason, which is where I draw the line.
>>
>>77653242
>First 3 issues are kind of bad
...holy fuck, you're only saying this because Kate and Nor-Var don't show up until issue 4.
>>
>>77653432
Nah my favorite characters were Loki and Ms. America. I just thought the first arc was bad.
>>
>>77653566
Are you one of those homestuck people that thinks the first couple acts are bad and love the pure zaniness of the Trolls?
I feel like you need a base before you go into craziness, and people expect things should be this nuts stuff too fast these days.
>>
>>77653607
Never read Homestuck and don't have any plan to because it doesn't appeal.

I'm not telling anyone to skip the first arc, I think it's just nice to let people know that it's the worst of it. It's slow and expository compared to the rest of it.
>>
>>77652678
Blue beetle, first volume,
Miss Marvel
Static, the original milestone run.
Generation X when it first started was surprisingly good.
First volume of runaways. Drop it like a bag of radioactive shit once the pride dies. It's all down hill after that.

That's all actually.

>>77653035
No, you're right. Everyone is actually gay. Even the canon hetrerosexuals are bi or closet bit.
>>
>>77653948
Isn't Kate still straight, though?
>>
>>77656952

America makes a joke about Kate checking her out at the end
>>
>>77652339
Heinberg run is alright; kind of overrated IMO.

Cornell's Dark Reign mini is great except for the end because he couldn't upset the status quo which sucks; the Young Masters were great.

Children's Crusade is garbage and is just a poorly written fixfic for Heinberg's waifu.

Gillen's run is complete garbage.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.