[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of the new Marvel #1's are worth trying out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: All-New-All-Different.jpg (875 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
All-New-All-Different.jpg
875 KB, 1280x720
Which of the new Marvel #1's are worth trying out?
>>
>>77648543
Vision
>>
Vision
Ewing's books
The stuff that was good before Secret Wars
I'm liking Iron Man and Dr Strange
Cap's not bad, neither is Thor
X-books are sadly a mess
>>
>>77648543
Abnett's Hercules only.
>>
>>77648543
None.
>>
Vision. "Nuff said"
>>
>>77648543
Doctor Strange
>>
File: 1447258411722.png (261 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
1447258411722.png
261 KB, 700x475
Vision
Maybe Ms. Marvel
New Avengers
Ultimates
Contest of Champions
Captain America
Hercules
Dr. Strange
Amazing Spider-Man's was kind of neat despite >Slott
Spider-Man 2099
Deadpool, you might like
>>
>>77648543
Vision
Karnak
ms. marvel
doctor strange
uncanny inhumans
>>
karnak
strange
avengers
new avengers
ultimates
ms marvel
cap
herc
spiderman 2099
deadpool
thor
probably more damn it
>>
Vision
Hercules
Cap
Karnak

Iron Man is OK but I have no faith in Bendis to keep it up
Wolverine wasn't bad
Black Knight was OK
Spider-Man 2099 was OK

I've read almost everything so far and that's all that stood out to me, everything else is below average to shit. I think the Ewing shit is overrated, haven't liked it at all.
>>
The strongest starts so far IMO are Ms. Marvel and Vision
>>
>>77648917
>Ms. Marvel
Not exactly a start, really. This picks up directly where the last issue left off. Plus 8 months.
But getting there will mean you don't get the relationships between the characters fully and that is a focus of the series.
>>
OP here, thanks for the suggestions. I take it, by x-clusion, the X-Men titles are not up to par?
>>
Vision and Hercules.

Ms Marvel is good but you pretty much need to read the issues before it to get what's happening.

>>77649000
The X Men are in a pretty bad place right now. Their books are mediocre to awful right now. I dunno how many are left though.
>>
>>77649000
bendis ruined them, remender abandoned them, they're plagued by land art, all signs point to don't
>>
I'd like to wager Spider-Woman, but only to laugh at how bad it's going to be.
>>
>>77649000
They are complete garbage. Even as an x-fag I can't read them.
>>
>>77649100
First issue wasn't actually horrible.
>>
>>77649000

yeah, just push them from your mind until it gets better.
>>
> no Yost books

bummer
>>
>>77649000
Uncanny isn't out yet.
>>
>>77648543
Vision, the Ewing books, the Deadpool books, Hercules and Captain America.

Also any books that you were enjoying before the relaunch that kept the same creative team (Ant-man, Spider-man 2099, Howard the Duck, Ms. Marvel, etc.)
>>
>>77649247
Neither is All-new. Or '92. Or Old Man Logan. or Worst X-man Ever.

All that's actually out from the X-line is one issue of Wolverine and 2 issues of Extraordinary
>>
>>77649432
Is All-New Wolverine any good?
>>
>>77649432
is anyone actually planning on reading '92?
>>
>>77649478
Laura didn't sound anything like Laura, but other than that, it was pretty good.
>>
>>77649496
She sounded dry, but not awkwardly mechanical.
Then again, she did not have extensive dialogue, really.
And her interactions with Angel were pretty cute.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.