[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adventure Time S7/Stakes thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 19
File: 9kvFv2C.gif (941 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
9kvFv2C.gif
941 KB, 720x404
>Rate Stakes
>Rate the other so far released S7 episodes
>Rate the general direction of the season so far, especially compared to S6

Also
>The More You Moe, the Moe You Know (a half-hour special) premieres Wednesday, December 2nd at 6:30/5:30c on Cartoon Network!
>>
>>77647760
>The More You Moe, the Moe You Know
Nice, are we going to see mo' MOs?
>>
File: 1448113404931.png (105 KB, 381x360) Image search: [Google]
1448113404931.png
105 KB, 381x360
>>77647831
It's likely, I'd have a hard time believing they're making a half-hour special about Moe and BMO without showing any other MOs
>>
File: a52.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
a52.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
Getting MOtivated, I see.
>>
>>77647760
Yay BMO!
>>
File: 12836060672.gif (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
12836060672.gif
20 KB, 400x400
>>77647760
>Rate Stakes
7-8/10, Interesting set up, but after seeing it again it doesn't really do much. Not even going into the whole "status quo" thing, but looking back the whole event kind of came and went.
Pretty good, I'd say. I don't want to go individually through each of the episodes, but as a whole I think they were leading the series into the right direction. Week of episodes before Stakes had some backstory, but it also went back with the more "random" episodes. While Stakes sort of did a decent enough of job of getting things back on track. After S6, things were a bit up in the air, while it seems like this season is more about getting back down to Earth.
>>
>>77647760
>PROS
Marceline is actually on screen again
Good amount of character interaction
Decent humor sprinkled throughout
Vampires were all pretty cool
Focusing on adventure and characters instead of whatever bullshit the end of season 6 was looking at
Very nice songs in some places
More Marcy backstory that isn't retreading old ground

>CONS
If you aren't into Bubbline a good 40% of the miniseries is shit you don't care about
The adventure, while appreciate, came off as being awkward and some deaths were half assed (Moon)
Each vampire could have used more screentime
The ending was pretty dumb in some different ways
Finn and Jake were useless the whole way through and would have been better as side characters like Peppermint Butler or Ice King

Overall I think it's a 6/10. That's not really me saying it was shit as I consider that to be just below good, but it needed some more to it. Was alright though.
>>
File: d709MxO.jpg (312 KB, 3508x2480) Image search: [Google]
d709MxO.jpg
312 KB, 3508x2480
>>77647760
>Rate Stakes
8/10, the weird Marcy rap was out of place and the last part, although not bad at all, feeled underwhelming after part 7

Bonnie and Neddy 7.5/10
Varmints 9/10
CCS 7/10
Mama Said 8/10
Football 10/10 best episode
overall breddy good/10, I'm really glad they're doing better after S6

See above, I'm honestly really happy about it. S6 had a lot of good episodes but the general arc was just bad in every aspect and full of shit that really doesn't belong to the show. S7 still suffered a bit from bad pacing and pretentious messages, but it's their first try since last season. I really hope they keep this way of doing things, if so we'll get an AT comeback someday.
>>
>>77648248
>If you aren't into Bubbline a good 40% of the miniseries is shit you don't care about
I'm not into Bubbline at all and I honestly appreciated most of it. Although I really didn't find much Bubbline everyone's been talking about
>>
I think they should focus on Bubblegum for a while instead of Finn, honestly. Jake won't get much focus anyway most likely.

Of course there'a a lot of people who'll whine that "Finn can't even be the hero in his own show" but they've written themselves into the corner with constant love quests and losing arms and pointless Martin arc that didn't even use what little of season 6 was good (for example the alien criminals). Meanwhile Bubblegum is finally back to being balanced after two seasons of being written sloppily at best to satisfy "PB must be pure evil" theorists. That's how I feel at least.

Also, here's hope they'll forget about Betty forever and won't bring back Lich before the entire show's finale.
>>
>>77648318
Maybe it's just me then, I like both as characters (to some extent) but anytime they interact for extended durations of time my eyes glaze over, and they were the main characters of Stakes.

> Although I really didn't find much Bubbline everyone's been talking about
Did you watch Stakes dude? It's not very subtle.
>>
I think they should focus on Bubblegum for a while instead of Finn, honestly. Jake won't get much focus anyway most likely.

Of course there'a a lot of people who'll whine that "Finn can't even be the hero in his own show" but they've written themselves into the corner with constant love quests and losing arms and pointless Martin arc that didn't even use what little of season 6 was good (for example the alien criminals). Meanwhile Bubblegum is finally back to being balanced after two seasons of being written sloppily at best to satisfy "PB must be pure evil" theorists. That's how I feel at least.

Also, here's hope they'll forget about Betty altogether and won't bring back Lich before the entire show's finale.
>>
>>77648401
I don't know, I really felt like they were acting like best friends. Even the supposedly really shippy dream scene just looked like a really good friends or family members taking care of each other after knowing that one will die. I didn't even see at all the "pansexual flag" that is supposed to be depicted on Bonnie's clothes.
>>
>>77648387
Bubblegum already got half a miniseries and just got a shitload of character development, I don't see a reason to dedicate even more to her.

If the show stays pretty rounded for all the characters and features Ice King and Marceline more than before that would be fine by me.
>>
>>77648464
I think you have you gal pal goggles on pretty tight, but in the end they are still technically keeping it ambiguous in the show.
>>
File: 1446334793257.jpg (122 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1446334793257.jpg
122 KB, 1366x768
>>77648417
I'd second this if I didn't already know that this isn't possible. Bonnie by far is the most interesting character atm (I'm a bit sad about her becoming princess again though) and I'd really love to see more of her story and her "darker" side. Also more 2-guns pls
>>
>>77648515
It's possible, I've been a Fubblegum shipper for years before dropping it completely during S6. I still think Bubbline was stronger during What was Missing (and perhaps even Varmints) then during Stakes.
>>
File: 1447651370532.png (104 KB, 576x607) Image search: [Google]
1447651370532.png
104 KB, 576x607
>>77648387
I want more Ice King episodes. You know, not about his history, but rather about himself like in the earler seasons. They can even be a bit more serious to get it along the other new episodes, I don't care. I just want some simple IK fun and stories back in AT.
>>
>>77648608
I want more wizard road trips, I liked him a lot when he was trying to fit in with the other weird magic users. Much better direction for the character than trying to make him Simon again feat. Lena Dunham.
>>
>>77648608
I'm impressed that Ice King was actually very funny in the miniseries since the last few episodes he's been in he was kind of crappy. Good job on that writers.
>>
>>77648681
I liked him in the Crabapples episode a lot, that was the last decent IK one prior to Stakes.
>>
>>77648663
The Crabapples episode definitely was something they could develop more in further episodes. I felt really cozy and happy watching Simon being himself happy and satisfied for the most part, and interacting with other weirdos like him.

>>77648681
I found him very funny too, especially the part where he said that he isn't actually hypnotized but rather just creepy.
>>
File: S2e2_horse_tongue.gif (367 KB, 499x380) Image search: [Google]
S2e2_horse_tongue.gif
367 KB, 499x380
>>77648663
>>77648681
>>77648733
>Crabapples episode
>good
>>/trash/
>>
>Rate Stakes
I love Marcie and anything involving her is usually gold, it was lots of fun watching it with my stepdaughter, 8/10. It could have been something amazing and memorable, should have been a new Remember You, but shit the bed with that eight episode and the cherry on top was the return to status quo. Also the yuribaiting is getting old. Still a fun ride tho.

I've liked every episode individually so far except for Football(can't stand BMO), and I like the lack of direction. It seems that there is no overarching plot for this season, and at this point it feels refreshing. I hope they keep it up, I also hope they fix the glaring damage they've done to Finn's character since FP was introduced.

>The More You Moe, the Moe You Know (a half-hour special) premieres Wednesday, December 2nd at 6:30/5:30c on Cartoon Network!
Are they still pushing BMO? Why? She/he is so boring
>>
>>77648798
If they're going back to Moe and all the other MO's that's a whole new world of potential.
>>
>>77648782
What was wrong with it, exactly? Ice King was funny and was allowed to be himself rather than just a device to bring back Simon, that's nice in my book.
>>
>>77648782
You clearly have no taste nigger. Giuseppe was gold, and this episode was one of the few S6 highlights.
>>
>>77648798
I miss this AU so much.
>>
File: image.png (93 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93 KB, 360x360
>>77648570
There's still hope bro. I hope...

There is no hope
>>
>>77648798
>Are they still pushing BMO? Why? She/he is so boring
I think >>77648853 is right. I don't like BMO either (Football was a nice episode tho), but if they're getting more backstory on Moe and the whole MO universe it could be really good.
>>
File: adopted.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
adopted.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
Adventure Time is kill.

Moynihan buried it
>>
>>77648858
>>77648881
It was just plain boring and pretentious. IK didn't act like himself and the side characters were just a bunch of placeholders to not have the tour bus empty.
>>
File: 1446412921137.png (894 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1446412921137.png
894 KB, 1366x768
>>77648963
>>>/a/
>>
>>77648417
I wouldn't mind an arc showing how candy kingdom got to that point in Graybles, but I don't really like how they're portraying PB.

They're expecting me to think she's way more sympathetic than she is, and also that she's a better leader than she is.

In Hot Diggity Doom (I believe) she said "eventually the candy people will realise a good leader is better than a bad one", and that line really makes me hate her.
>>
File: Titlecard_S2E26_heatsignature.jpg (364 KB, 1280x727) Image search: [Google]
Titlecard_S2E26_heatsignature.jpg
364 KB, 1280x727
>>77647760
8/10 for both S7 and Stakes

Much better. I dropped AT after watching the S6 finale and never thought coming back a handfull of episodes later, but the general reception of the episodes made me give it a second shot. There are still some flaws, but the writers need time to recover from their errors. I hope they won't fuck it up now, although it seems very unlikely
>>
I just realized FP got even less screentime and only had one episode dedicated to her last season (thank god the cooler was dope).
What really a wasted opportunity to explore which can be the interesting new character, with a lot of interesting plot points and character arc, but they decided to give her half-assed development especially hooked her up with the pastry
>>
>>77649920
CN confirmed they aren't dating
>>
>>77649920
Anon, give it up my friend.
FP is always gonna be a boring character no one gives a shit about. I'm just glad the show realizes this too and gives her the barest minimum amount of appearances.
>>
>>77648417
>Marceline tells Finn about the humans sailed away on their boat.
>Finn decides to go find them.
>He tells Jake it's something he needs to do on his own, since they're his own people.
>The season splits up into two story lines.
>Half the season, Finn travels across the world to reach the human continent.
>On his own, he is forced to mature.
>On his own, with no joke buddy, he is forced to open his eyes to the hardships of the world.
>On his own, he realizes his new sense of loneliness is what others must feel when there is no hero to save them.
>Finn becomes an actual hero and actually helps people on his way through Ooo.
>He takes down some evil empire for seasoning.
>Finn figures out that he has to have faith in his people and trust they're ok, because the people of Ooo need a hero more than he needs closure.
>He puts aside his wants and becomes a selfless man, a pretty cool guy, and competent enough to not only live on his own, but not fuck up everything he touches.
>The other part of the season is spent doing typical Adventure Time stuff.
>Hint at the past, partially develop characters before dropping their story arc, poor attempts at deep writing that inspires critical thinking, all that jazz.
>They get a letter from Finn saying he's not coming back for a while, and he has things he needs to do in the world.
>Next season, some big bad comes and threatens the Candy Kingdom.
>A mature, virtuous Finn comes to help his friends and save the day.

Boom. Written themselves out of a corner, redeemed a character, given the others time to grow, and flesh out the world they love to pretend they're fleshing out. Three problems solved in one season.
>>
>>77650278
please let this happen.
>>
>>77650278
>implying they're gonna let him get out of Ooo at all, specifically leaving the Candy/Fire Kingdoms
>implying that they aren't going to tag on more baggage to force him to grow
>implying they're gonna change his model at all
Also, why the fuck should he put aside all his wants though? He was already a pretty outgoing guy with a heart of gold until they started fucking with his relationships.
>>
>>77649920
>the cooler was dope

No it wasn't. It was eight minutes of nothing and two minutes of PB being a bitch. And I'm a huge AT fanboy. The Cooler and the episode with the guy trying to kill peppermint butler are the only two episodes I HATE
>>
>>77649983
She's boring because the writer didn't give a shit about her character arc and personality, unlike bubblegum who has fuckton of character development, even more than finn and jake desu
>>
>>77650716
>the episode with the guy trying to kill peppermint butler
what episode is that?
>>
>>77649920
>>77650716
The only thing the Cooler did was show that, on top of being boring as hell, FP is apparently a retard.
>Bubblegum poisons her people, lies to FP several times, tries to disable her religious figures/nukes, kicks FP's ass while taunting her the whole time
>FP responds to this by being pissed and calling PB out on it but then she immediately becomes chilled out and tells Bubblegum her name for no reason

It was like the writers realized that FP hating Bubblegum with good reason was too drastic so they reeled her in and made her look like a stupid pushover in the process.

>I know you care about your people PB, and that's why I am totally fine with you trying to genocide all of mine just because I might do something to you in the future, can we be besties?
>>
>>77650803
The name of ep was nemesis
>>
>>77650785
She's boring because she was created to be a love interest and was then hotwheeled into being PB2.0 half way through her existence and at no point in all of this did she have a decent amount of screentime.

It doesn't help that Xayaphone wrote half of her episodes.
>>
>>77650848
Totally forgot that one. It wasn't bad, but forgettable. I enjoyed it though
>>
Stakes shows that Adventure Time works in a longer form. They were able to space out plot and jokes in equal measure instead of jamming the former in as much as possible or trying to balance the latter awkwardly.

Despite that they couldn't help but rush all the conflicts' resolutions. Empress's was alright. Hierophant's made thematic sense but it was like, what, from some guy out of nowhere? They didn't even bother explaining anything about what Moon was doing before having her die out of nowhere, and the way the King's essence escaped was like... was I supposed to believe he planned that or something? Literally "woah whoops"?

It was weird. A bunch of hiccups in an otherwise solid miniseries.
>>
>>77647760
>Rate Stakes
9/10 loved it

8/10 much better than last season

Really good. I'm waiting for more episodes before giving a final opinion though, they could very well fuck it up again during the season. I'm hyped though.
>>
>>77651898
i thought the scene where Jake describing every vampire's looks was too long and ruined the setup
>>
>>77647760
Stakes was pretty shit to be honest. The writers had no idea how to handle all these characters. It felt really sloppy as far as story went, sad in terms of how the main characters were treated, and somehow found a way to not only end on status quo, but leave people with more questions than answers. The music was awful, the constant edge and emo vibe Marceline was giving off took away from the comedy and adventure they were trying to sprinkle in, and the animation was bland as fuck.
>>
>>77652113
>the constant edge and emo vibe Marceline was giving off
Wut? I haven't seen any emo shit at all, if you don't count her breakdown during the final episode. Your whole post sounds like you haven't seen the miniseries and just picked up what some haters have said so far m8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xncd1RE4dZg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>77654756
There are currently two other AT threads, as always we can't get a nice discussion because we have to many threads going on at the same time.
>>
>>77652358
>"Don't leave me, Simon!"
>"A bloo bloo bloo!"
>"I don't want to be a vampire. I feel so empty."
>"I only started killing vampires for you, Simypoo. I wanted to be close to you."
>"I'm just going to solo this. I'm too damaged to have a team."
>"I'm done fighting. I'm just so broken."
>"I'm going to let everything fall apart."
>"Everything is better now, but I still want to be alone. Get out of my cave hut."
I guess I'm just retarded and picked up on all this emo stuff instead of the joyous and happy undertone. I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1372114369543.gif (226 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1372114369543.gif
226 KB, 500x286
>>77647760
>Rate stakes

5/10, mediocre

Pros:
>motherfuckin VAMPIRE "Sick Flaming Chariot" KING
>vampire crew is fantastic
>like holy shit
>sucrose's new song is great
>special guest appearance by sucrose
>more marceline exposition, I guess?

Cons:

>no hunson abadeer
>all the other songs are shit
>overarching plot mostly sucks and is only there to bring the vamp enemies back
>no real adventure
>finn and jake are made to be retards
>bubbceline hinted it at but never touched on explicitly because lol cartoon network, wasted effort
>>
>>
God can they just bring back the lich? I loved stakes but I honestly thought when Peppermint butler released that essense of pure evil it'd form a lich cloud out of the smoke then the screen would cut to black
>>
>The scene with the ice king in the tree

I forgot he was a villain for awhile there. Seriously, he was legit cool and intimidating in that scene. Kind of wish it wasn't undermined by him being a useless oaf in the same episode.

Anyone have a youtube or download link to that episode or scene? I wanted to make a gif but can't find it.
>>
>>77658561
>Seriously, he was legit cool and intimidating in that scene
We saw two very different scenes then. He was just his stupid tryhard self.
>>
>>77647760
>rate stakes
0/10
didn't watch that shit
hype for next episodes tho
>>
>>77658595

It felt like a callback to his season 1 incarnation. Where he was still crazy but was sane enough to carry out evil plans or actually threaten his opponents.

I mean I guess he captured finn but finn in this special was downgraded to house plant levels of usefulness.
>>
Who was your favorite vampire? Mine was The Moon with The Hierophant in close second.
>>
File: tumblr_nwqsgfkj3v1r4ootro3_1280.jpg (760 KB, 1250x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwqsgfkj3v1r4ootro3_1280.jpg
760 KB, 1250x1920
>>77659127
Fuck, what WERE those moon pearls? Did the comic go into it at all or...?
>>
Still trying to figure out how AT got away with drawing a head vagina
>>
>>77647760
>Rate Stakes
5/10
>>
>>77650278
the humans on the boat became the fish/humans that susan is part of, obviously
>>
>>77657510
I think we had enough Lich, make him a final boss or something for the last season but its nice to have something new one in a while
>>
>>77647760
Eh, it was starting up good, then it shit the bed and went back to status quo. Even reverted PB back to princess, the vampire king's prediction came true, a never ending loop. I was hoping it was an explanation that they were going to break the loop, the status quo, but nope.
>>
>>77651898
No it really doesn't. It shows that they can make seven 10 minute episodes each with their own beginning, climax, and resolution. And it shows that they're afraid of leaving the status quo.
>>
>>77658647
Yeah, that was the other problem. Finn was just useless. If you're running with a heavy tree and you're doing pretty good with the run, why would you throw it? Why not go full spartan and impale him with the tree and you? And that's just one level of stupid.
>>
>>77660088
Shit, are they making the comics canon now? That was half the fun of them, they weren't canon and could go into anything.
>>
>>77661152
This year's Spooktacular is canon because it was intended to tie in with Stakes from the start. Aside from that, the only reference to the comics has been Flame Prince and Fionna's wish sword showing up in "The Prince Who Wanted Everything."
>>
>>77648663
I like how AT wizards are the internet definition of this word
>>
File: everydaylouie.png (403 KB, 540x672) Image search: [Google]
everydaylouie.png
403 KB, 540x672
>>
>>77660570
It's like #Finnale and all other story arc. interesting build up, end up badly and forced lay because of status quo
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.