[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Havent There Been Any Decent Mad Hatter Stories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Niq0kjh.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Niq0kjh.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
So now everyone is going on about Purple Man given the new Jessica Jones show, but what about one of DC's resident mind controller? Its a shame hes more or less a joke character these days considering what you could do with him. I mean you could probably tell a decent story with him if you mix up the serious with the silly or take notes from Perchance to Dream where Batman questions reality. Do you think Mad Hatter deserves more spotlight?
>>
>>77646377
He always seemed to me like a more down to earth Joker idk
>>
>>77646377
The problem is there's no real definitive characterization for him. Is he a hat fetishist crook? Is he a vengeful beta? Is he a genuine schizophrenic who can't fully comorehend what he does? Each version has a good story here and there, but no one can agree on who he is
>>
>>77646443
I just thought you could have moments of total delusion mixed with moments of frightening clarity and have a decent threat outside of "Alice!". Which to be fair the Arkham series did some neat things with the character
>>
>>77647058
Yeah he's pretty cool in Arkham City.
That part in the OP's picture is awesome
>>
>>77647027
Mostly this

His use in Secret Six, Robin Year One, etc all feature different personalities, and he hasn't had a "defining story" yet, like Joker, Harley, Two Face or Mr Freeze do.
>>
dc's serious or creepy mind control stories are what doc psycho has been for anymore

asking them to use hatter in that role instead is like asking marvel to start using mandrill again
>>
>>77647027
>The problem is there's no real definitive characterization for him
Him not being one note is not a bad thing, anon. His only problem is that he's not "a big villain" so he's not "important", but I find his appearances to be entertaining. His Joker Asylum issue, his appearances in that Gotham Central arc, that recent Manabooch arc in 'tec, Secret Six... he's great, but he's not the "one true big bad of the story' like, say, Joker is in Killing Joke.
>>
>>77647299
I guess what Im hoping to see personally is a focused story like Pain and Prejudice did with Penguin. I think if you focus on the angle that Tetch is in character when people are compliant and becomes himself/serious when they dont it could work.
>>
>>77647027

The had fetichist is a different Mad Hatter. There are two Mad Hatters. The hat collector and the beta schizo kid diddler.
>>
File: batman through the looking glass.jpg (365 KB, 1026x1500) Image search: [Google]
batman through the looking glass.jpg
365 KB, 1026x1500
haven't read it yet but here's a story with a focus on Mad Hatter

>Batman - Through the Looking Glass (2012) (Hul-konnen-DCP).cbr
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/WefDbebn/file.html
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.