[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So recently, I decided to rewatch some eps of pic related, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
So recently, I decided to rewatch some eps of pic related, and I gotta ask, why did some people hate this show, exactly? It's certainly not the best show ever, but I thought it had a lot of charm to it, and that the art style was pretty creative and funny in general (to me that is, cus I've always loved this kind of asthetic).
>>
I'd post "eating_snot.webm", but I lost it after yet another accidental HDD wipe

The show was mostly mediocre, with some painful grossouts. Props for playing that Sims 1 Makin Magic music in one episode though (I have no idea what't that piece called)
>>
>>77642380
The grossout humor and reliance on wacky faces and some slapstick instead of crafting and joke with a punchline.

Real cute show and had me smile throughout, but never outright laugh. Millie best girl.
>>
>>77642737

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that in an ep yesterday. Yeah, it was pretty hard to stomach.
>>
>>77642785
>pretty hard to stomach.
You did this on purpose, did you?
>>
>>77642901

no, actually
>>
>>77642380
Because this is /co/ and this is 4chan and everybody puts down shows that are popular, but they secretly like the show and watch it all the time.

I agree, it's not the best show, but it was funny, and had some great moments, plus, AMY POHLER! I mean how can you go wrong? Who DOESN'T love Amy Pohler?
>>
This was the only cartoon that actually made me gag with its grossout humor. I still liked it, though.
>>
This show would have been toptier if it weren't for the grossout humor.

>Fun characters
>Amy Pohler
>Great animation
>Great cartooning
>Fun art style
>Fun premise that could've spanned for lots of episodes

Why does Nick insist on bogging down their shows with farts and snot?
>>
I wish I didn't delete that webm of Bessy eating phlegm.
>>
>why did some people hate this show,
Annoying main character
SCREAMING AND YELLING
Over-reliance on gross-out jokes that were 90% gross-out and 10% joke
>>
>Spongebob ripoff
>>
File: out.webm (1 MB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
out.webm
1 MB, 1080x720
This is why, OP.

This is why.
>>
>>77645603
Must..not.. fap..
>>
>>77642380
It was a Spongebob ripoff. If it didn't have lolis, it would be on the same level as Coconut Fred.
>>
>>77645603
>gross out humor
Yup.
>>
I found the show pretty comfy until the last season. It felt like it tried to be a soft Ren and Stimpy or something.
>>
>>77642380
The animation could vary from usually fluid to choppy as fuck - pretty much my only problem with it.

Basically it was an OK show for what it was - Ren and Stimpy lite for girls. I believe a few R&S alumni worked on this show as well.
>>
File: im out.gif (2 MB, 330x247) Image search: [Google]
im out.gif
2 MB, 330x247
>>77645603
oh thats oh
>>
I never really sat down to watch an entire episode but I recognized the voice and the character from when Amy Poehler did the Upright Citizens Brigade show.
>>
>>77645603
>Bessie is super cute
>Remember this webm
Every fucking time
Ruined
>>
>>77645603
Am i the only one that never flinched at this scene?
>>
The Kajolica episode was boss. That's all I'll say about it.
>>
>>77654471
they did grosser
>>
>>77654471
Nah, you're not the only one. Same here.
>>
>>77642380
I found the show to be just okay. It had a Ren & Stimpy feel to it, but other than that, I don't hate this.
>>
>>77645603
This is fine, the dog food scene however...
>>
>>77642380
Most fuckable protagonist around
>>
>>77645288
Nick can't get their heads out of the 90s which is why they're shit now. I cringe at just how outmoded their entire image as a network is.
>>
>>77645603
> start retching
> feel like a faggot for retching at a child's cartoon
> feel phlegm in my throat
> repeat retching
>>
When it wasn't using grossout humor, it was pretty charming. Bessie is a cutie pie
>>
>>77662695
Seriously, Mighty B was an example of what happens when you try to make 1995's cartoon in 2008.
>>
>>77645603
okay that's just gross as fuck, thank god i just finished eating.
>>
>>77642380
You're right. It's the unfunny version of Ren and Stimpy. It tried way too hard.
>>
>>77642380
I remember that the plot was about a girl scout who, based on an urban myth, wanted to collect the (some stupidly high number) badges, she will become "The Mighty Bee", some kind of superhero.
Of course, most of the episodes aren't about Bessie getting those badges, but about anything else.
>>
>>77662850
I think they wanted the final episode to be about that but they never got there. Lol.
>>
>>77662784
More examples?
>>
>>77662908
They won't let go of Spongebob and FOP which both premiered in 1999 although are mostly associated with the 2000s (both shows are pretty strongly rooted in the 90s).
>>
>>77662695
Cartoon Network found out how to modernize while Nick has not. Regardless of your opinion of Xeven Universe, it's in-line with this decade's tastes.
>>
>>77662850
It's based on a SNL character of Amy Poehler's and also on her own childhood.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.