[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished this and I gotta say, anyone else feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: jessica-jones-header.jpg (92 KB, 640x322) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-header.jpg
92 KB, 640x322
So I just finished this and I gotta say, anyone else feel like they tripped at the last hurdle?

>Killgrave's new powers amount to a couple of cops and a group of extras. Nothing interesting is done.
>Side character's like Luke and Malcom are barely in it.
>Instead, they are replaced by a FAR too long cameo from Claire. Why a previously unseen character was given so much screentime in the finale, I'll never know.
>Jessica beats Kilgrave cause... his powers just dont work on her. We don't know why they don't but they dont and thats how she wins.
>Very anti-climatic death. In fact, the entire yacht scene feels like it was written and shot in one day.
>Series ends on a cliffhanger for season 2, so I sure hope its gets one or that was bullshit.
>Hogarth's divorce and murder of her ex wife went absolutely no where and had no repercussions on the character outside getting her a little moody.
>Actually, many subplots didn't lead to very much in the end. Ruben's murder, Simspon droiding out, Patsy's mother or her self defense training, Malcom's drug addiction or desire to get away from Jessica.
>David Tennant will no longer be in any more episodes, should they choose to make more.

I mean, I love the series. I really did. But I haven't been this disappointed in an ending for a LONG time.
>>
>>77641394
>Instead, they are replaced by a FAR too long cameo.
THIS.
At first I was like. "Hey, that's kinda cool!"

Then they don't leave.
Then their screen time just keeps building and building and I'm questioning why the fuck they are in it this much, in the finale of all episodes
>>
>>77641421
because she's the fucking night nurse you stupid tard
>>
>>77641635
I thought Night Nurse was going to be in Doctor Strange
>>
>>77641394
A lot of those subplots that go nowhere are just set up for other series. Did you forget about all the loose ends from Daredevil? The drugs? That weird kid Stick went to kill? The threats coming from outside of NY? Crane Mother?
They are setting shit up for other series.
>>
>>77641394
They should have used Claire throughout the season if they wanted to use her at all. They also should have used Matt for at least some of the legal stuff, just to tie the stories together, even if you never see him as Daredevil.
>>
>>77641732

Using Matt too much would have begged the question of why he wasn't getting involved, and if he does get in it's bassically Defenders. 1.0
>>
>>77641635
>>77641668
That's not Night Nurse.

Feige got jealous of the popularity so Loeb had to relinquish the character.
>>
>>77641769
>nurse that heals the defenders
>LOL ITS NOT NIGHT NURSE

ok
>>
>>77641668
Rachel McAdams' role in Doctor Strange hasn't been confirmed yet.

She could be a grad student who Strange bangs
>>
>>77641768
If they'd introduced Matt and Claire, you could have a quick scene where someone explains to him what Kilgrave actually does and that it would be dangerous for everyone else if he got involved because Kilgrave mind controlling someone with powers is way worse. Same way Cage didn't bail Jess out every time. Or you could just have him consult with Hogarth on something - a nod to the shared world without needed any other background.
>>
>>77641635
So?
I don't care if it was daredevil himself, you don't give 1/2 the screen time of your finale to a unrelated cameo who hasnt been in the show till then. Its asinine.
>>
>>77641822
Maybe Rosario Dawson's contract required them to give her significant screen time. Maybe even in the finale
>>
>>77641867
They should have had the forethought to reject such a contract. Imagine if her time was given to giving Kilgrave a more satisfying death
>>
>>77641916
Is there really a way to give him a more satisfying death, though? Like, you know she has to break his control in order to stop him, and there's really only one way that can end. I guess she could punch his face into paste a la Sin City, but any physical confrontation between them is going to be very fast and one-sided.
>>
File: kiDDqOul9pY.jpg (422 KB, 1090x1032) Image search: [Google]
kiDDqOul9pY.jpg
422 KB, 1090x1032
Who would win: Kilgrave or a random deaf person?
>>
>>77641954
Don't his powers work any way at all as long as he makes his wishes known and you're close enough to get hit with his virus.
>>
>>77641954
Can he control people with nonverbal commands if he's in the room with them?
>>
>>77641952
Have him set up a house of horrors, where she has to save people from death traps and logical loopholes hes forced them into. More than just "A group of cops shoot at her while he gets on a yacht, then she breaks his neck cause lol! his powers still don't work on her for some reason. Lucky her I geuss"
>>
>>77642193
That or she hunts/pushes him to the point where he's truly desperate and making mistakes, not just "lol inject me daddy".
>>
>>77642229
I dunno. Injecting himself to regain his control over her with a drug that may very well kill him seems pretty fucking desperate.
>>
>>77642257
Yeah, but I'm talking about after that. He shouldn't have gotten a chance to regain his composure. Make him strung-out, panting, hunted, throwing people at her to slow her down while he tries to escape.
>>
>>77642229
>He's on the floor scrambling after a beating.
>Jessica is coming up for the kill
>"Stop!"
>Jessica stops but is clearly fighting it.
>Kilgrave is visibly terrified now.
> Patsy comes in wielding a gun, Kilgrave notices her.
>"Patsy!! Shoot that bitch!"
>Patsy raises her gun slowly
>"No! Wai-"
>*She shoots Kilgrave in the throat. He starts to bleed out, trying to say something above the gurgles. He closes his eyes and passes away.
>There is a awkward silence in the air. Patsy lowers her gun.
>"Bitch."
>>
>>77642298
10/10
>>
>>77642298
You did it
>>
>nuke is basically played by Nic Cage
>>
I got curious about the whole night nurse thing so I looked it up.
from the wiki:
>In the television series Daredevil, Claire Temple (played by Rosario Dawson) is amalgamated with Night Nurse.[12] Daredevil season one showrunner Steven S. DeKnight noted that the character was originally "going to be the actual Night Nurse from the comics... we had her name in a script and it came back that it was possible [the Marvel Cinematic Universe films] were going to use her" and "had plans for her down the road," necessitating the team to use the more obscure comics character Claire Temple as her name.[13] Dawson will reprise her role in both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.[14]
>>
>>77641394
>Jessica beats Kilgrave cause... his powers just dont work on her. We don't know why they don't but they dont and thats how she wins.

Kilgrave's power is used through a virus. If you are immune to a virus then you're immune. Him boosting his power wont change that. He's have to change how is powers work altogether.
>>
>>77641394
>how long it took to do something is equal to how good it is
Can you keep it in one thread casual?
>>
>>77641788
Don't be a goose. Night Nurse was recasted.
>>
Curious about a lot things. I feel some of these are open ended so the future series and seasons can touch on them:

>Why did Reva have the thumb drive?
>Why did she bury it?
>How did Purple Man find out about it?
>Why isn't Purple Man a jew so his name could be Zebediah, Kevin is a name for faggots
>I assumed the shock of killing let Jessica snap out of mind control but that clearly wasn't the case. Was it just a built up immunity because she was with him for so long?
>do children with cancer resent their parents that much for putting them through years of chemo?
>Jessica barely has superpowers, I assumed they kept mentioning her inability to fly as a build up to actual flight and not a long jump, the extent of which is actually super hard to because it was shot from the worst angle
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.