[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Daredevil and Jessica Jones take place in the MCU >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: Avengers_Age_of_Ultron_71.png (1010 KB, 1919x798) Image search: [Google]
Avengers_Age_of_Ultron_71.png
1010 KB, 1919x798
>Daredevil and Jessica Jones take place in the MCU
>no Avengers Tower, clear shots of the MetLife building

This triggers me. Even Agents of SHIELD got that shit right.
>>
>MUH immersion
>>
>>77641325
No clear shot perhaps, but it does come out in the background in DD at least once (but I think a few times as others have pointed out screenshots). Either way, what the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>77641585
Post screencap because I don't remember it being there at all
>>
this is autism tier
>>
>>77641325
Because the netflix shows are ashamed to be a part of the MCU. Seeing the avengers tower in a background shot as daredevil is curbstomping someone, or while jessica is getting plowed in the ass, just reminds people that this shit takes place in the same kiddy universe as thor and cap.
>>
>>77641965
>just reminds people that this shit takes place in the same kiddy universe as thor and cap

>Daredevil and Jessica Jones are serious shows for serious adults like myself

I know you're trying to look distinguished, but you really just look like a neckbeard
>>
>>77642218
I haven't even seen daredevil or jessica. Try again, sweety.
>>
When do they even imply they take place in the same universe?
>>
>>77642394
>newspaper articles of "DA BATTLE OF NEW YORK" all over the place.
>>
>>77641919
No, this is the sort of things that make a shared universe feel like a real universe.
>>
>>77642394
Serious question: Are you retarded?
>>
>>77641325
The more I'm able to ignore the movies the more I can enjoy the shows.
>>
>>77642394
>People mention the "incident".
>Mention people like Iron Man.
>Papers saying the Battle of New York.
>>
>>77642487
I'm serious. I've read the press stuff talking about how Daredevil is meant to take place at such and such time after Avengers but before Captain America 2 or some shit, but the only time the Avengers are even referenced in the show is when someone makes a joke about robots and magic hammers. They don't even drop a token "Battle of Muh York" at any time.
>>
>>77641325
Because AOS got stomped on with Coulson mentioning the Avengers and "New York" every 5 mins in the first season.
>>
>>77642640
>They don't even drop a token "Battle of Muh York" at any time.
JESUS CHRIST. THE WHOLE PLOT POINT OF REBUILDING THE CITY IS BECAUSE IT WAS DAMAGED BY THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK.

Do you have no attention span??
>>
>>77642698
I just watched it for the fighting.
>>
>>77642698
I get that, but the way they dance around stating what actually happened they might as well have been talking about 9/11 one of the 5 billion east coast hurricanes of the last 6 years.
>>
>>77641965
But DD had blatant Avengers references for the sake of references. They wpuldn't do that if they were trying to disassociate.

I think they just got lazy/cheap with the MetLife building.
>>
why do you expect people to recognize or care what buildings are where?

if you're not from New York, they're almost entirely interchangeable rectangles anyway
>>
Avengers Tower has a cloaking device.
>>
>>77642784
Because they don't want to be patronizing about it. They want their own show. Would you rather it was AVENGERS LOL every thirty seconds?
>>
>>77642801
>not being from NYC
>reading/watching superhero comics

That's cultural appropriation shitlord.
>>
>>77642394
>>77642640
>>77642784
Jesus fucking Christ, are you a moron.
>>
>>77641325
This takes place after Age of Ultron, Avengers Tower was removed by the end of that movie and moved to a compound.
>>
>>77642613
Those are just little nods to the Marvel movies. It doesn't take place in the MCU.
>>
The Netflix shows aren't as desperate to tie into the movies for ratings and have much less of an effects budget compared to AoS.
>>
>>77643085
Lol it does.
>>
>>77643085
Oh I see what you're doing. You're the same dude that got butthurt when someone said the absorbing man cameo in daredevil and him being a character in agents of shield was more of a reference to the comics than a tie in to eachother.
>>
>>77643085
You might actually be dumb. Those lines are literally a character saying "WE ARE LIVING IN THE SAME UNIVERSE WHERE THESE THINGS YOU'VE SEEN HAPPENED" to the audience.
>>
>>77643085
>Anonymous 11/22/15(Sun)10:54:33 No.77643085▶>>77643109
>>>77642613 #
>Those are just little nods to the Marvel movies. It doesn't take place in the MCU.
The battle of NY is explicitly the driving force of the plot. We see a news article with a picture of the Chitauri.
>>
>>77643147
I know... so I have no idea why you are quoting me. I even told him that: >>77642698
>>
>>77643132
No, that was me.

And I was saying that it's not a direct reference to AoS. They're in the same continuity, but they're not written that way.
>>
>>77643172
Judging from his post, I think he just didn't know how to quote things.
>>
>>77643085
Is this a thing now?

Marvelfags so embarrassed by the kiddy Disney MCU now that the Netflix stuff is quality adult entertainment that they're trying to disavow it?
>>
>>77643085
Of course /co/ falls for this.
>>
>>77643053
Both appear to take place before Age of Ultron.
>>
>>77641965
>ashamed
>kid dressed as Captain America
haha
>>
>>77643571
SYMBOLISM
>>
Why did Skye jump to thinking Ward was Hydra?
She didn't even consider that someone else was in the base.
>>
>>77642235
>I don't even deign to watch your pleb shit I'm so sophisticated
>>
>>77641965
>the netflix shows are ashamed to be part of the MCU
>>77642235
>I havent even watched the MCU shows
>>
>>77644322
*netflix shows, rather
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.