[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In The Incredibles, after the government stepped in to criminalize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1.jpg (254 KB, 450x642) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
254 KB, 450x642
In The Incredibles, after the government stepped in to criminalize superhero behaviour, what happened to all the super villains?
I can understand why superheroes would go along with the law since they are good guys at the end of the day, but why would super villains bother? If anything they should be on the rise and taking advantage of the fact that they can't be stopped by Supers.
>>
>>77638333
Who do you think pushed the law through?
>>
>>77638333
watch "Despicable Me" to find out;
they probably started taking each other out too
>>
>>77638333
Make better prison maybe?
>>
Most villains are crazies. No point in going on without their hero.

The ones that weren't turned towards more lucrative, legal means of ruining the world.
>>
>>77638353
So Basically, the Batman argument.

> You complete me
>>
>>77638333
Superheros need to abide by their morals, the government only needs to abide by the law, there probably are a bunch of unmarked graves and black sites filled with former supervillians.
>>
maybe they got Syndrome to hunt them down.
>>
>>77638333
In a world with superheros who would turn into a supervillainy in the first place? You're missing out on all that lucrative sponsorship cash.
>>
>>77638378
>>77638353
>>77638345
>>77638343
These are all really great points.
>>77638378
I'd love to read a comic about that.
>>
The world of "The Incredibles" is actually a world very much like the one portrayed in Mark Millar's "Wanted" comic (not to be confused with that silly Angelina Jolie film, which was inspired by about the first half of the comic but had almost nothing to do with it). Supervillains defeated all of the superheroes through buying off politicians and paying for self-serving laws (sort of like the supervillains in our world, David and Charles Koch). They then divided up the world amongst themselves and ruled it in secret.

How do you think Syndrome managed to kill off so many supers without someone in government noticing this was happening? After all, even in retirement Mr. Incredible had a government overseer to clean up his super-mistakes and relocate him. All of the other supers were being watched as well. Syndrome was an upstart villain who amused the ruling supervillains, so they let him pick off their former foes. Maybe they even helped to finance him. When he eventually got too pushy, they would've taken him out. Perhaps this had already occurred, and Mr. Incredible was simply part of their plot. Mirage, the woman who turned against Syndrome to help Mr. Incredible, was probably just the ruling supervillains' inside agent in Syndrome's operation.
>>
>>77640133
I'd imagine those ruling supervillains would've been right miffed off when Syndrome's schemes backfired and led to the reemergence of superheroes.
>>
Looking back on it the beginning of The Incredibles sucks so much ass

>Some guy attempts suicide by jumping off a building
>Mr. Incredible saves him but paralyzes him
>HE SUES MR INCREDIBLE
>EVERYONE IN THE CITY IS OK WITH THIS WHEN A CLEARLY MENTALLY ILL MAN TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF

That was a bullshit plotline.
>>
Comics addressed this. They went underground or overseas and started popping out of the woodwork again when the supers returned.

Also >>77640133 is correct in Syndrome being funded by some of those other supervillains: The preserved brain of psychic superhero Everseer was sold to Xerek to use in planning out a grander scheme and powering a psychic amplifier to enact mind control on a city-wide scale.
>>
>>77638333
I took it as that by the time the Mr. Incredible thing was big news, most of the supervillains had already been stopped. The ones left were Bomb Voyage and similar (i.e. no powers). Basically, superheroes were on the decline because superheroes had already won the fight. Adds fuel to the argument for cracking down on them: if the real superpowered villains have been stopped, why should they still be given freebies? It's mentioned that the Incredicar or whatever it was called was government-issue, for example.
>>
>>77638333
Some of them could be fought by some kind of "legal crimefightes" and some rethought their ways after the end of hero-villian fightcycle.

When I was younger, I made up kind of sequel including mad scientist super villain that has been dealt by negotiations. Simply legalized. The government found that he had quite practical purpose and just gave him a laboratory in a scientific institute with proper equipment (thus pe did not have to steal it as he usual did before) and proper supervision of course.
>>
>>77640365
Well, the American legal system is fucking retarded
>>
>>77638333
They probably killed dozens of cops and civilians time and time again.
>>
>>77640368
Any chance of a storytime for those comics? Were they much good at all?
>>
>>77640365
That was the point though, you weren't supposed to be on board. It was supposed to be stupid.
>>
>>77638333
>Monday, September 10th, 200(?)
Just when the fuck does the incredibles take place anyway?
>>
File: Steelheart_cover[1].jpg (77 KB, 600x916) Image search: [Google]
Steelheart_cover[1].jpg
77 KB, 600x916
> A world where all the good guys are gone and only the villains remain
>>
>>77645896
It's actually around 1969-1970.

Elastigirl retired in 1955, plus you have all those caped supers dying later in that decade who all showed up at the wedding, so that puts the super ban around there. After the prologue is a 15 year timeskip

The guy who made that newspaper graphic was just being lazy.
>>
>>77638333
Thumbnail looks like Hitler wearing a police cap
>>
>>77640133

>government working with villains the whole time

damn, this sounds like a pretty cool idea for the sequel.
>>
>>77638333
That's it exactly. that's what happened. you take power away from people with laws, you only depower the law abiding
>>
>>77638333
>what happened to all the super villains?
They took their money and went into finance.
>>
>>77646467
is it actually 60s 70s or modern time with mid century influences?
>>
>>77648096
He didn't mean in the real world.
>>
>>77640332
clearly they were getting bored of the Status Quo, and think a controlled reemergence of the Supers will spice things up(especially since Syndrome got rid of most of the old heroes who'd actually know about them, thus protecting their control over the world)
>>
>>77648096
Didn't read my post? 60s-70s setting.

All the original stuff in his filmography (Ratatouille was something he took over, doesn't count) is built around jerking off to science fiction of his childhood. Besides Incredibles, just look at Tomorrowland and Iron Giant
>>
File: 1386751751107.jpg (11 KB, 301x324) Image search: [Google]
1386751751107.jpg
11 KB, 301x324
>>77649701
>just look at Tomorrowland
Someone looked at Tomorrowland?
>>
File: The-Boys_Volume_One.jpg (51 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
The-Boys_Volume_One.jpg
51 KB, 300x465
>>77638482
>I'd love to read a comic about that.

Well then Boy are you in luck!
>>
>>77640332

I don't know. Think about this: All of the old villains are fat and happy and comfortable now, ruling small countries, owning multinational corporations, or just lounging in some South American villa, looking out over the balcony as the latest truck full of gold is backed up to their front lawn and then spills out its loot on the grass. Life is good. They're well-established, well-entrenched, and above the petty nonsense of robbing banks and toppling governments.

Meanwhile, their kids and grandkids are getting feisty with their powers and their attitude, spoiling for a fight and maybe eyeing the old man up and down, wondering if the old dog's still got enough bite in him to keep what he's got. Then these new superheroes start showing up, and Grandpa Evil suddenly has an outlet for his evil grandkids. "Go get 'im, junior. Make grandpa proud and I'll carve your face into a mountainside somewhere." And with a brightly-costumed babysitter out there to take his grandkids off his hands for the afternoon, he goes back to snorting cocaine off the back of El Presidente's wife. Life is good at the top.
>>
File: 1441995304996.png (148 KB, 350x320) Image search: [Google]
1441995304996.png
148 KB, 350x320
>>77640395
>if the real superpowered villains have been stopped, why should they still be given freebies?

Interesting question, but I think it's more so because of the fact that supers are far more than just glorifies cops. They're role models, and makes the city comfortable knowing that someone with as much power as they do are looking out for them. Not to mention there's always a chance for supervillains to make a comeback, like Syndrome and the Underminer, for example.
>>
>>77638333
>, what happened to all the super villains?

They succeeded in robbing banksvand are banging young women on tropical islands
>>
>>77640395
>if the real superpowered villains have been stopped, why should they still be given freebies?
Mr. Incredible got sued for preventing a man to kill himself and saving an entire train of people. He got sued because a consequence of saving their lives, was injury.

Superheroes shouldn't get freebies per say but in this instance it was just people becoming raging assholes. Seriously thank god in real life we have the Good Samaritan clause.
>>
>>77651146

That's "per se".
>>
>>77650289
Yeah. Sorry about that.
>>
>>77640133
>dose ebil Coke bruvvers!
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>77640365
>>77640545
the american legal system has a "Good Samaritan Clause" for this exact reason.
>>
>>77650616
I want a comic with this exact premise.
>>
>>77653437
amerigger/10
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.