[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Captain Planet reboot works?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20
File: CaptainPlanet.jpg (108 KB, 480x390) Image search: [Google]
CaptainPlanet.jpg
108 KB, 480x390
Will Captain Planet reboot works?
>>
>>77634347
Only if they make him black. Because having a multiethnic cast and mother Earth herself brown is not enough.
>>
>>77634560
That's not good enough. Captain Planet will only work as a plus-sized transgendered lesbian of color.
>>
Only if he mans the fuck up and puts down the villains, so there's no chance of them coming back to try and fuck earth's environment in the ass. The whole "but if we kill we're no better" is bullshit. Just cap the bitches and move on.
>>
>>77634560
>>77634626
go circle jerk yourselves somewhere else please
>>
>>77634560
to be fair, gaia was intentionally designed to look like every race on earth. blue eyes, wavy hair, darkish skin, generic middle of the road features..
>>
File: don-cheadle-captain-planet.png (401 KB, 638x357) Image search: [Google]
don-cheadle-captain-planet.png
401 KB, 638x357
I don't think it would work. Maybe a new cartoon with a similar concept, but I don't think a serious Captain Planet revival would work.
>>
>>77634347
No reboot ever works. People don't understand that success is a lottery and it's impossible to replicate a prior success by trying to redo what was once successful. They're part of the zeitgeist and they only work in that specific time frame. Generally speaking, no reboot will ever be as popular as the original -- if anything, 25% of the original popularity would be a success, but expectations of anything greater should be extinguished.
>>
>>77634347

>instead of fighting actual pollution its all about global warming bullshit

fuck 2015
>>
>>77634816
it's a fucking cartoon, it was never serious.
>>
>>77634347
What they need to do is just keep the ending theme from the original show and I don't care what they do.
>>
>>77634907
Battlestar Glaactica, Small horse show...
>>
>>77635046
bait
>>
>>77635067
What bait? Regardless of your opinion of them, those are two instances of a rebooted show being more popular than the original source material.
>>
>>77634698
Sorry, tumblr already is full of sjw circlejerk.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 450x299
>>77634798
Looks like northeast Brazil. Blue/green eyes, light hair colors and brown skin combinations are not uncommon there.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 512x288
>>77634798
Remember all the fuss SJWs made about Shantae skin being lighter shaded than preview games?
>>
>>77634347

On one hand, reboots suck ass.

On the other hand, Captain Planet sucked ass

I can only imagine a reboot being entrenched into left-wing propaganda bullshit even DEEPER
>>
>>77635217

NuGalactica was shit though.
>>
File: berriesncream.jpg (18 KB, 449x335) Image search: [Google]
berriesncream.jpg
18 KB, 449x335
>>77635538
are you, by chance, serious? Sounds like your mind is /pol/luted
>>
>>77635563
>>77635500
>>
Ever notice that none of the Eco-Villains had any REAL motivation for doing what they were doing aside from just being assholes?
>>
>>77635367
A lot more people than just SJWs were angry because it was just a retarded design. How could you fuck up so badly that you gave your own fucking character with three games before this one completely white skin when she was delicious brown in three other games?

Thank god those retards fixed it.
>>
>>77635587
the pig guy was just a dick.

I thought female two face and the poacher guy just wanted that dosh
>>
>>77635641
I think it was mainly because in this game her colors would change according to the environment light and the first scene they worked on was at night where under the moonlight it makes sense to for her to look pale. Under different environments she should receive different filters and look different.
>>
>>77635587
Looten Plunder was the classic '80s businessman. He didn't care about anything but dem dolla bills.

Sly Sludge was all about cheap dumping of garbage and waste.

Hoggish Greedly was usually about gas-guzzling giant bullshit polluting vehicles.

Duke Nukem was a horrific nuclear monster who just wanted to make the world more comfortable for one such as him.

Dr. Blight was fucking insane.

But Verminous Scum was just straight-up an asshole. Everything he did was pretty much just because fuck you.
>>
>>77635563

Yes, I am.

And no,. On the contrary my mind is quite rational. Something the lowest common denominator NuBSG is aimed towards is just not capable of.

It was hollow and soulless. It had none of the heart the original had.
>>
None of you morons better make fun of the heart ring.
It's the most important power of all to achieve lasting peace, and a heartless Captain Planet would be the end of the world as we know it.
>>
>>77635721
Ridiculous as it was heart was OP as fuck.
>>
Remember the episode where Wheeler went 20 years into the future and the world was all but destroyed?

Yet here we are, 20 years later and well whaddaya know? Everything's just fine. We even have MORE ice than ever.

It was never about saving the Earth. It was all about control and wealth. There were always people who stood to profit obscenely from new environmental regulations and alternate energy sources
>>
>>77635803

"Oh no! Ma-Ti! The world depends on you now!

Talk to a fucking monkey!
>>
>>77635872
While a country develops it fucks the environment terribly before they start caring about the effects it causes to the people and start cleaning up the mess. Dumping toxic compounds like heavy metals and shit carelessly fucking up the lives of many people, making the air unbreathable, etc. It was like this in Europe, it was like this in Japan and China is going through it right now.
>>
>>77635872
yeah well we also don't have supervillains fucking things up in the movies.

hey remember when cable travelled back from a destroyed future?????? where is our sentinels hunting down mutants?
>>
As a kid it always annoyed me how the Planateers didn't summon Captain Planet immediately when they knew that the villains were up to something. They would always try to solve problems themselves, fail, and THEN summon CP.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 485x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 485x273
>>77635903
You know the power murder of crows from bioshock? Imagine that but with every kind of animal from crows to wolves to lions to sharks.

Also the telepathic powers could allow him to see everywhere so if he had a bit of training in the borders of Colombia with the guerrilla he would be OP as fuck as he uses the animals and people as spy cams and can attack from anywhere with the animals.
>>
File: HoverCraft.jpg (23 KB, 480x389) Image search: [Google]
HoverCraft.jpg
23 KB, 480x389
>>77635872
no hoverboard either.. I am mad
>>
>>77634798
SJWs would hate this as it's appropriating from other cultures.
>>
File: zyurangers.jpg (41 KB, 486x320) Image search: [Google]
zyurangers.jpg
41 KB, 486x320
>>77636004
that happen for me in Power Rangers case... why the fuck they just summon the robots from beginning
>>
File: avatarstarfuck.jpg (90 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
90 KB, 500x281
>>77635563
BSG was shit. They didn't plan anything out so all their plots lines would resolve in completely anti-climatic bs ways.

>mfw when retards think the most toxic self hating women in modern tv is stronk womyn
>>
>>77636078
I the very first episode, they were given a rule that they're not to escalate a conflict. So basically, they're not allowed to pull out giant robits unless the monster gets giant first.
>>
>>77636028
There is a hoverboard. But it only works on a specific kind of surface and seems pretty shitty to use.
>>
>>77636078
I imagine the damage from giant fights would be bigger.

From my childhood memories I always remember those giant fights having high tension power cables broken and stuff like that that probably caused a lot of issues for the city. Also we don't see all the minor conflicts that they solved without using the max power.
>>
Who actually wants a Captain Planet reboot? I thought it was boring
>>
>>77636382
I liked it but it sure seems silly today. But we have a bunch of eco-shows right now like those brothers with hi-tech suits that gives them animal powers so it could work as a discovery kids show or maybe just make the bearer of the rings being kids.
>>
Once pollution is made a bigger deal of, rather than Over-privileged niggers whining about imaginary racism is done with.
>>
I think a Captain Planet that is actually useful in its lessons would be good.

What good is it in saying all this things are bad when its impossible not to do them? Yeah, cars are polluting, pity I need to get to work in one. So why not get a low-capacity motorcycle? With traffic how it is you'll probably get to work quicker on a 50cc moped than your fuel guzzler you have now.

Or how about pointing the finger, not at capitalism, but throw-away consumerism? If we lived in a society where efficiency and longevity were what was demanded by the people, and not a new version every two years? We'd have technology that uses a fraction of the resources to produce and lasts 20 years.

That's what has always annoyed me about morals in a lot of the cases. They're never really very helpful.
>>
>>77636382

Boring left wing propaganda
>>
File: 6564390230104656.jpg (98 KB, 492x329) Image search: [Google]
6564390230104656.jpg
98 KB, 492x329
>>77634560
>>77634347

Where the fuck have you guys been?

Take a trip back to 4 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo
>>
File: 1437945226587.png (517 KB, 1500x1750) Image search: [Google]
1437945226587.png
517 KB, 1500x1750
>>77634347
yes
>>
File: Check these dubs.jpg (19 KB, 206x254) Image search: [Google]
Check these dubs.jpg
19 KB, 206x254
>>
>>77636506
>pity I need to get to work in one
no you don't.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 480x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 480x205
>>77638486
>>
File: darwin.gif (191 KB, 600x1246) Image search: [Google]
darwin.gif
191 KB, 600x1246
>>77638486
fail
>>
>>77638503
If you live in a place without public transport, then you do need a car.
>>
>>77636031

Yeah cool why don't you go marry one then
>>
I always wanted to see darker and edgier, intentionally edgy take on Captain Planet where they were eco-terrorists and the whole thing was basically tongue-in-cheek.
>>
File: CaptainPlanetMoviePlot.jpg (176 KB, 1920x274) Image search: [Google]
CaptainPlanetMoviePlot.jpg
176 KB, 1920x274
>>77639202
> darker and edgier
>>
File: china-pollution-from-space_DCE.jpg (19 KB, 480x297) Image search: [Google]
china-pollution-from-space_DCE.jpg
19 KB, 480x297
>>77634955
Uh. Global warming is a direct result of actual pollution. When billions of people dedicate 200+ years to destroying the planet literally as quickly as they possibly CAN, shit adds up.

And people who decry climate change are absolutely hilarious. We had the power to totally DESTROY the world for over 60 years! Now instead of through our hate we can tear the world apart simply through force of negligence. Pic related.
>>
>>77634347
Not unless it was a wacky cheaply animated reboot with internet meme jokes and dumbed down villains. Dumbed down everyone in fact.
>>
>>77634955
You mean there wasn't global warming bullshit in the original?
>>
>>77634955
We haven't had a proper winter in years and you are to blame with your hummy vee deisel truk you "need" to do "sick donuz" in the parking lot of the mall you bacon greased stain of humanity
>>
>>77635681
You could still have these work today
>Fuck the police, make money businessman
>Cheap under the counter waste disposal business
>EFFICIENT solutions to strip mining, clear cutting and anything else you need
>Surplus soviet nuclear reactor salesman
>Transhumanist science lady who thinks ethics are for inferior fleshbags
>Don't change anything, Scum is perfect
>>
>>77639519
I doubt we have quite the power to -destroy- the world.
Render it uninhabitable by humans, sure, if we really tried. But blow the whole thing up? I don't think we've put any serious R&D into that.
>>
>>77635431
Could pull a 180.
Wheeler: How do we stop climate change, Cap? What can WE do??

Cap: Nothing, Wheeler...you're all subject to the law, but I'M not!!

Wheeler: Huh?

*Captain Planet tosses Anita Sarkeesian into the sun*

Wheeler: Ohhhh. GO PLANET!!

Cap: There! That takes care of 90% off Earth's toxic emissions. As for the rest...

*glares at China, billions of chinese collectively cower*

Cap: ...just give me a reason...
>>
>>77639931
From our perspective destroying the world or just all humans is basically the same.
>>
File: Legion.gif (215 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
Legion.gif
215 KB, 384x224
>>77635803
It had the POTENTIAL to be op. I would have used it to have animals fuck my enemies' shit up. Every battle I got in would look like an organic version of Strider Hiryu's Legion super. Ma-ti has about as much imagination as Hal Jordan with Down's.
>>
>>77639519
>pic related.
pic related indeed.

I find it odd that people bitch about the united states being the culprit of green house emissions.
When we've done everything we can to reduce ours and our emissions, for an industrialized nation, aren't all that high to be brutally honest.

Meanwhile, China gets no criticism at all.
>>
>>77640051
Exactly. Imagine being attacked by birds, wasps, spiders, cockroaches, squirrels, wolverines and mountain lions all at the same time! And he could do all that without even getting close to the target. It is not like the others who have to stay there vulnerable while using the ring. Ma-ti could solve most of the problems by himself if he had any creativity.
>>
>>77639991
go home goober
>>
>>77640120
the problem is basically this >>77635951

Americans can complain about America but Chineses can't complain about China. Also China have nukes and are friends with North Korea. If we can't make them stop supporting NK do you think we can make them put filters in their factories?
>>
>>77639436
I would watch this as long as it knew what it was.
>>
>>77635951
>>77640172
"But we're still developing" is not an excuse because all those other countries listed did _not_ know better nor had the technology to develop properly at the time.
China does. China has NO excuse. They are developing under an era that knows about the global impact and what it is and how to counteract it and simply ignores it for an easier profit margin.
>>
>>77640132
Don't want to. Your mom's bitching about something that happened at work, and I'm just staying away from her until she settles down. You're stuck with me, sunshine.
>>
>>77640051
well nobody ever really used those ring powers more than once an episode
the solution is always summon captain planet, and never "wheeler sets that fat fuck greedly on fire"
>>
>>77640132
I want him to stay.
2:1
He stays.
>>
File: dr-blight.png (223 KB, 474x347) Image search: [Google]
dr-blight.png
223 KB, 474x347
I'd watch it especially if my first waifu ever comes back to gleefully destroying rainforests and driving in Hummers just to piss off just a bunch of prissy hippy teenagers with magic rings.
>>
>>77640212
The thing is that while the country is developing the government just don't give a fuck about anything that is not profit and development. It took a long battle from the affected ones to change things so the government would start supporting more green alternatives.

High pollution industry is cheaper but causes more damage on the population, in countries where the population is cheap and disposable there is not much reason to worry about going green.
>>
>>77640290
>The thing is that while the country is developing the government just don't give a fuck
There is no reason for this attitude today and there's no excuse for it.
Period.
>>
>>77640218
me mum's dead m8
but goobers ARE all about beating a dead horse :^)
>>
>>77640324
They don't give a fuck. What are you gonna do about it?

China supports North Korea.
>Boooh! North Korea is Evil!
China doesn't give a fuck

China eats dogs
>Boooh! Dogs are people too!
China doesn't give a fuck

China pollutes the air, water and soil
>Boooh! You are fucking everyone!
China doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>77640413
I'm pointing out that the biggest polluter gets zero of the flack.

The lowest polluters are getting all of it.
it sets a poor example of how to get people to not bitch at you.
>>
>>77635721
He can be summoned without all five rings, as I recall. They did it a couple of times. He's just weaker and doesn't have all his powers without the full five.
>>
>>77636459
>racism
>imaginary
Kill yourself.
>>
>G-global 'warming' isn't real, lol!

You guys were cancer in 2001, you're cancer now. Get lost.
>>
>>77640437
I think I remember that, too. Weren't his colors faded? like his hair was faint green, and the red parts of his outfit were a pale orange?
>>
>>77640364
My condolences. Hope it was dignified, quick, and painless.

Dead horse, nothing. Bitch keeps trying to make herself relevant. It's not a dead horse if it keeps showing up.
>>
>>77640606
There is racism but a lot of things I see people complaining online is not racism.
>>
>>77640435
But they do give a fuck about climate change and global warming.

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/Digital-Library/Publications/Detail/?ots591=0c54e3b3-1e9c-be1e-2c24-a6a8c7060233&lng=en&id=129031

They certain can do more, but the idea they blindly don't care is really just no longer the case.
>>
File: figure-2-e.jpg (52 KB, 557x458) Image search: [Google]
figure-2-e.jpg
52 KB, 557x458
>>77640435
United States still have a pretty bad pollution per capta. Also a lot of the China production is made for USA...
>>
>>77640801
Literally nobody cares about her but goobers, anti-goobers, and the UN.
All of which are equally useless to be quite damn honest.
>>
>>77640172
>Also China have nukes and are friends with North Korea. If we can't make them stop supporting NK

If they stop support north korea, one of two thing happens: North Korea collapses and then refugees migrate into China (like what is happening now in Europe) except China is nowhere near as rich as the combined EU. or two reunification and then you have a weakened Korea, but with an American military presence. To the leadership neither position is tolerable.
>>
>>77641068
I know. NK is a problem to all involved. They are a nuisance to many but taking them down will cause more problems than it is worth..
>>
>>77640960
>per capita
The problem with this is that a smaller country tends to be less industrialized; it doesn't scale up or down proportionally as you might think.
>>
>>77642068
By your logic USA should have LOWER emissions per capita and not more.
>>
>>77642172
Lower than what?
>>
>>77635872
>We even have MORE ice than ever.

...delivered from the poles right to our doorsteps. Thanks, global warming!
>>
>>77636506
>Or how about pointing the finger, not at capitalism, but throw-away consumerism? If we lived in a society where efficiency and longevity were what was demanded by the people, and not a new version every two years?

Because nobody could predict the advent of the iPhone, or the tech boom in general?

Although I do remember the show having at least one end-of-episode-PSA dedicated to that. Oddly enough when I looked for it, I could only find the "buy renewables!" one.
>>
>>77636506
>So why not get a low-capacity motorcycle?
Because winter.
>>
>>77636506
>Or how about pointing the finger, not at capitalism, but throw-away consumerism?

Anon, throw-away consumerism is a business model that maximizes profits while minimizing costs.

You literally can build everything to lower specs that way and you'll get rewarded with threee times the sales, at a price point that has been set for you by people who used to build high-specs machines and tools.
>>
>>77634347
I dont know, maybe if they make it in a similar tone to Earth Girl Arjuna.
>>
>>77634347
I'd watch it if it's done by the Timm/Dini team.
>>
>>77640413
>China doesn't give a fuck.

With the last one it's more correct to say that provincial officials will have gangers lynch people who complain about pollution in places other people can hear it.

So they do care.
>>
>>77634347
No, people don't give a shit about the environment.
>>
>>77642958
They don't care about international pressure. Internal pressure they eliminate before they even form.
>>
>>77640413
>China eats dogs
*The poor in a few Asian countries.
>>
>>77640994
What are "goobers"? I assume you're not talking about hicks/hillbillies. I get so tired of millennials re-purposing existing words.
>>
>>77634798

that would be fucking great except for the fact that her eyes should look japanese while still having blue eyes
>>
>>77643024
One funny thing about "baaaw that country eats something I'm uncomfortable with" is that they are always complaining about Japan hunting whales but since I arrived in Japan I only saw whale meat in the supermarket once and it was imported from Iceland. Why they don't make as much noise about Nordic countries?
>>
>>77643159
>how does evolution of language work
>>
>>77643381
I think the Nordic countries get away with it for the same as the Eskimos. Underrepresented minorities who eat it based on traditional and religious practices. Going against them is asking to be painted the bad guys.

Also at one point I remember one group did get on their shit for hunting seals, and now I think it's Iceland or Greenland that won't even hear what environmentalists have to say because of the bad blood.
>>
>>77642811
Stupid

We're gaining more ice up in the North Pole you fucking shill
>>
>>77643381
I do remember one stupid Facebook article about the people in the Faroe Islands hunting these types of whales to extinction because rituals and stuff but Denmark was getting all the flak
>>
>>77643552
I think it is more about politics. If there were some reason to annoy the Nordics them they would paint them as some backward guys doing stupid backward traditions instead of saving the whales.

If people were really into conservation they could control hunt and not ban it. Because by allowing the consumption you are creating a reason for them to keep the population healthy and abundant.
>>
>>77644246
The average Joe groups all whales in a single category and repeat any shit they are told. The article you mentioned is a great example of that. Does Faroes Islands hunts a lot of whales, specially considering their tiny population? Yes! Is this a problem? No! They hunt long finned pilot whales that are abundant. But just because there are endangered whale species people consider any whale hunting bad independently of the species. It is like ban deer hunting because there is a species of deer endangered in the other side of the world.
>>
>>77640212
>>77640120
Obama actually went to China and worked out an environmental deal with them. They've been criticized with some actual results.
>>
>>77644546
If anyone can negotiate with China is USA since they are the ones buying most of their shit, but they have to serve as example to be able to demand from them.
>>
>>77644157
I'd like some sources on this, please
>>
>>77644667
>but they have to serve as example to be able to demand from them
Compared to China, the U.S. is a nation of planeteers.
>>
>>77644546
In regards to climate change. It seems to me, it's treated as significant. The top organ for climate change policy is overseen by the #2 person in the party so at least the technocratic wing gives a shit.
>>
File: Figure3.png (331 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
Figure3.png
331 KB, 3300x2550
>>77644847
And they negotiated with them.

>>77644783
Probably his ass. I remember to hear in a lecture that the reduction of the polar ice cap could create more routes but having seas connected might bring invasive species.
>>
>>77644847
>>77644667
That is because amongst the big 2 communist countries (China/USSR) neither had any clear environmental policy or consciousness of environmental degradation. The overall philosophy was nature in the service of man, but never about preservation and conservation. They had laws on the books, as window dressing which no one followed due to lack of enforcement. Honestly even the Nazis were better than them on that front even though they had a similar outlook on the enviroment.
>>
>>77644972
environmental policy or consciousness of environmental degradation only arises after lots of serious shit happens. This happened in Europe, happened in USA and even Japan where trees, rivers, mountains etc are holy fucked the nature until they contaminated a bunch of people with mercury and clogged the sky with smoke, only them they realized the shit they had done and did a 180 turn.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.