[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he nerfed to shit now? Stakes made him look like a pathetic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
Why is he nerfed to shit now? Stakes made him look like a pathetic, insufferable faggot, jesus christ I cant stand it anymore.
>>
Bruh.

Adventure Time is literally still around because girls buy Adventure Time merch by the truckloads

Same reason why Nick keeps SpongeBob it sells money

It draws in money. Not viewers
>>
Nah Finn was still a go-getter, vampires just outrank him
>>
File: 1448138807409.jpg (5 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1448138807409.jpg
5 KB, 160x120
>>77632758
>outranked
>trying to tell me those vampires were more powerful than Hudson abadeer, ice king (who is pretty high teir powerful in AT) and THE FUCKING LICH
yeah, no, I don't buy that
>>
>>77632885
none of them are vampires

ice king is an old man who can get his shit kicked despite his offensive power, same with the lich who's really only as durable as the vessel he inhabits

i'll give you hunson. finn's always been below marceline power-wise anyways, he's never been able to fuck with her
>>
>>77632885
How about that monster at the end of Dad's Dungeon?
It was one of the last true heroic moments from Finn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_p8fBOX-4

I just hate how the writers treat Finn now, you don't have to make him useless to have Marceline and PB shine.
>>
File: 1447912660054.png (106 KB, 311x333) Image search: [Google]
1447912660054.png
106 KB, 311x333
>>77633102
Anon, you are my nigga. that's my favorite moment in any cartoon ever.
>>
finn is just plot device most of the time. his relevance is inconsistent because the writer team requires that of him. as shown in season 6 finale, their current canon is that he is the nihilistic reincarnating god of everything on the casual, so i'm pretty sure that allows them to do whatever they want with his character
>>
>>77632292
You're a faggot for watching faggot shows and expecting it to be any different after seven seasons, you kikeniggerretardcunt.
>>
>>77633180
But it shouldn't be like that. he deserves a chance to shine again more than any other character on that show now, hell, his FUCKING NAME is in the title of the show. That's not to say stakes wasn't good, I loved stakes. its just that I hope they do more with him, he's my favorite cartoon character ever.
>>
>>77633363
i agree, but the problem is the key members of the adventure time team are slowly filtering out, and that means development or coherence will slowly become unimportant in the face of longevity as the cash-cow nature of the show increases. i hope it doesn't become like this, but i can't see it playing out any other way now that the big guys behind it are doing different things. penn ward wanted finn to grow up. do you really think cartoon network will allow that to happen?
>>
>>77633485
I see what your saying. I just want the guy to do great again, that's all. "I hope, that in the future when the shows big enough, someone along the line will do a reboot of the show starting right before incendium, before any of this bullshit started happening."
>>
>>77633922
>rebooting a show before a specific event
when has this ever happened
>>
>>77632885
he fought a weakened lich, true, but he needed help with even the revived bubble-lich
as for abadeer, he wasn't able to make a dent in that fight, it was all marcy and feels that won the day
>>77633102
that.. yeah. that was damned impressive. hard to say how tough that monster was having nothing but Joshua to eat for 13ish fucking years, could've been starved and more easily killed.. but basically finn clearly has low-level magic. he's as strong as his determination (oh fuck Finn can SAVE) which is why he pulls off straight up magic tricks when trying to save PB from an abracadaniel kiss, or save jake from dying in space. against vampires or marceline's dad? he was pretty sure he was outclassed in those areas
>>
>>77633485
it's sad really, everything great is starting to lose the people who made it great. almost nobody from the good old days is still performing muppets, the good old videogame makers have retired or gone insane, same for movies...
>>
>>77633485
>do you really think cartoon network will allow that to happen?
BMO won't.
>>
>>77632292
He's not as interesting as vampire lesbians of course.

>>77634700
As long as people will keep buying into zombie franchises, this will only get worse. There's really nothing to be done about it, except dropping series as soon as the inevitable descent begins and promoting creator-owned stuff.
>>
>>77632292
He was fighting enemies that were totally immune to all of his usual methods, he was restricted to using a stick which he had to get close enough to stab into their hearts. He's fought enemies above his power level many times before, but they've all had relatively mortal bodies that can be damaged by swords and punches. Even when he defeated the lich it was only because he accidentally splashed flesh-juice on him.

Finn's strength is his determination and willpower, which is usually enough, but it just plain wasn't this time.
>>
>>77635185
well we've had more creator-driven stuff lately than ever.. and it's all good, but the execs are only interested in franchises, and until they all die and these creators actually last long enough to replace them at their jobs and use the SENSE they actually have, nothing will change
sad thing is at least execs who put their faith in franchises are still a step ahead of the ones who just want to intentionally promote fad after flash-in-the-pan fad for a string of quick cheap throwaway profits. How can you LIVE like that? well it helps if anytime your business fails you can blame everyone else, grab the money and run. fucking executives.. i mean i'm way more in favor of corporatocracy than the average joe, but step 1 is a good oldfashioned guillotine revolution coup, taking down everyone at the top and ensuring there is no top anymore afterwards, only the middle.
>>
>>77635437
But then how can you even prevent other people from restoring a model that DOES work... applying economics to entertainment. It makes a ton of money. The problem isn't with execs, it's with a gullible public that prefers validation over quality.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.