[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Jessica ends up with Danny. I can't see this Luke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
What if Jessica ends up with Danny. I can't see this Luke wanting to marry the woman that killed his wife.
>>
>>77629660
>I can't see this Luke wanting to marry the woman that killed his wife.
It happens literally all the time in media.
>>
She hasn't got enough soul for Danny. Misty Knight or nothing for that man.
>>
>>77629660
>killed his wife

Well I guess this is my punishment for visiting /co/ before finishing the show.
>>
>>77629750
This is known by episode 3, pleb.
>>
>>77629660
I wish the show had a last scene with Jessica and Luke talking. They had him say he forgave her after experiencing Kilgrave's control first hand, then later had him say that's just what Kilgrave made him say to manipulate her, but he was still Kilgraved at that point so you can't take that at face value either.

I guess we won't find out until Defenders comes out
>>
Misty & Danny is one of the oldest interracial relationships in pop culture. Luke & Jess are one of the longest running marriages in comics by this point. It would be missing crucial aspects of the characters if they changed that.
>>
>>77629953

Luke Cage still has his own show to work through, so he needs some kind of emotional baggage. Expect the relationship subplot to come back in Luke Cage.
>>
>>77629660
Use spoilers next time retard
>>
>>77630053
I thought his own show was meant to be set before JJ, dealing with his being experimented on and being on the lamb as an ex-con?

or did they scrap that when it turned out JJ would be coming out first?
>>
>>77630078
Watch more than two episodes next time, bitch.
>>
>>77630191
I've watched the whole thing just learn to be considerate to those that havent faggot
>>
>>77630184
Might be set after, with flashbacks to his origin like in Daredevil.
>>
>>77630303
Given that both Jessica Jones and Daredevil did flashbacks to their past I imagine Luke's show will follow the same path.
>>
>>77629957
Are they racebending Danny? I keep hearing that it might happen, but is it actually an issue?
>>
>>77633348

Don't think so. The rumours were a blonde white dude doing kung-fu would be a hard sell to China so it would be retooled as either Shang-Chi or the Punisher. But if they have confirmed it's Iron Fist still there's no reason to make Danny East Asian (otherwise they would have just gone with one of the aforementioned alternatives).
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 240x200
>>77629660
>yfw Aaron Paul cast as Danny
>>
>>77636105
>rumours were a blonde white dude doing kung-fu would be a hard sell to China so it would be retooled as either Shang-Chi or the Punisher.
Why would China care? They don't get netflix.

On top of that, China loves dramas, and Iron Fist is chock full of the shit they love. It's not like China is presented as the villain, and most Chinese villains in Iron Fist are actively reviled for bringing shame upon the culture.
>>
>>77636508

That was just what I read. Re: selling Iron Fist to East Asia in general. It has some merit as a rumour. In the 1970s no one in the West would have bought a book with a Chinese lead so Danny was created to capitalise on the Kung Fu craze.

Though a modern Western audience could probably accept an East Asian kung fu lead nowadays, it's unlikely a modern Western audience would buy say a Chinese movie about a Chinese dude called Dei Wang who was the greatest cowboy of all time. Likewise about Asia buying an American show about an American dude called Danny Rand being the greatest kung fu master of all time..
>>
>>77629813
>Simpson goes batshit and for some reason has a super-strength drug.
hes nuke you fucking mong
>>
>>77629957
> Luke & Jess are one of the longest running marriages in comics by this point

They've been married since 2006. They're not even close.
>>
>>77629813
>this guy
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (45 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
45 KB, 604x483
>>77629813
Thanks for saving me the effort of watching BLACKED: The Television Series.
>>
>>77629690
>>modern Marvel having a proud woman of color settle for white cismale scum
Getting pretty literal Hitler in here.
>>
>>77636838
Does it fucking matter? Netflix doesn't isn't provided in the Eastern Asian market. At all.
>>
>>77636838
Except Danny isn't even top ten. If the show is good they'll show that.
>>
>>77629660
Nope, Danny is only into the chocolate which is why Misty and Luke are gis everything.
>>
>>77636464
Iron Fist mask would look ridiculous on that guy's dome.
>>
>>77629750
The OP is kind of a dick for not spoiler tagging that but it happens early on in the series so the whole show isn't ruined for you or anything.
>>
>>77629957

Danny had a better relationship with Spider-Woman than Misty Knight.
>>
>>77636105
China doesn't even have Netflix, do you know how much shit would have to be censored? Why do people kept on spreading this meem?

China allows around 20 foreign films every year into the Chinese market, Marvel will be aiming their dollar at the films, not tv.
>>
>>77638494
Considering that most other Marvel and DC marriages have been broken up, widowed, divorced, annulled, retconned or rebooted then yeah they kinda are.

The off the top of my head only older marriage that's still going is Reed and Sue. And they're about to disappear for who knows how long
>>
>>77641910
>China doesn't even have Netflix, do you know how much shit would have to be censored? Why do people kept on spreading this meem?

What would they censor? They stream every other comic book show online for free over there. And Netflix has been trying to break into china for a while now.
>>
>>77636838
No, that's why Shang-Chi was created. Iron Fist came later when they wanted a white dude, Then the White Tiger when they wanted a latino Kung-Fu fighter.
>>
>really holding out hope that the Iron Fist show will do the Immortal Weapons storyline because it's by far the best recent one
Am I being an idiot?
>>
>>77642024
Yes. MCU and magic don't mix.
>>
>>77641971

I don't know, but aren't they pretty much cut off from everybody else's internet?
I think there are certain things they can't show, like anything that says anything bad about the Communist regime, people may have to comb through each show, before it gets leased.
>>
>>77641971
>What would they censor?
They have a thing about magic and religion. It's only ok if it's chinese mysticism.
>>
That did put their relationship in a pretty awkward place didn't it? I assume it while be awhile before we see Dani Jones-Cage.
>>
>>77629813
>Simpson goes batshit and for some reason has a super-strength drug.

>Not knowing that Simpson is Nuke

READ COMICS YOU RETARDED SHIT.
>>
I just want to point out that having a race bend Iron Fist is stupid as shit.

I hope people stop saying is racist.
>>
>>77643051
But the mighty whitey trope is racist and horribly outdated.
>>
>>77643087
I'm Mexican and the only ones saying stuff like this are white for some reason.
>>
>>77643051
>>77643087
A white guy being good at Kung fu isn't inherently racist and its not automatically Mighty Whitey if they can write it well

But I'm not opposed to a race bent Iron Fist as long as he can act well and do a lot of his own stunts.
>>
>>Jess threatens the woman with the subway
>>The show still wants us to sympathize with her.
>>
>>77643164
>>77643164
>I'm Mexican and the only ones saying stuff like this are white for some reason.

Yes, because you speak for all of your race since you're Mexican.
>>
>>77643225
Read again whitey, I'm not talking for other people.
>>
I will only accept Danny/Jess as part of an OT3 with Luke.
>>
>>77643087
>Everybody ragging on Danny, but Nobody brings up Steven

FUCKING WHY?! IS IT THE KUNG-FU?!
>>
>>77629750
Its not a big reveal, I mean kinda but you wont be ruined.
>>
>>77643781
Who the fuck is Nobody?
Who the fuck is Steven?
Why are you so awful?
>>
>>77643781
Oh no I've been pissed off about Stephen Strange since they cast Cumberbatch

They could have cast anyone of any race and it wouldn't have changed the character in the slightest. But they chose the whitest, most milquetoast actor possible.
And then they made the Ancient One a white woman.

That's part of why I want a racebent Danny. If I'm forced to watch Cumberbatch in the Avengers movie and I can't get an Asian Ancient One, give me an Iron Fist who isn't another blonde white guy named Chris.
>>
>>77644328
ohhh god tumblr is invading.
>>
>>77641971
>What would they censor?

List of things banned in China, pulled from a site I arrived at by google search so maybe not 100% accurate:

>Gambling-related content or game features
>Anything that violates China’s constitution
>Anything that threatens China’s national unity, sovereignty, or territorial integrity.
>Anything that harms the nation’s reputation, security, or interests.
>Anything that instigates racial/ethnic hatred, or harms ethnic traditions and cultures.
>Anything that violates China’s policy on religion by promoting cults or superstitions.
>Anything that promotes or incites obscenity, drug use, violence, or gambling.
>Anything that harms public ethics or China’s culture and traditions.
>Anything that insults, slanders, or violates the rights of others.
>Other content that violates the law

Here's a link to the Chinese government page that the above list was allegedly translated from: http://www.gov.cn/flfg/2010-06/22/content_1633935.htm
>>
>>77644346

I thought tumblr loved them some British actors.
>>
>>77644176
Perhaps, that shouldn't have been capitalized.
Steven Strange
Not that bad.
>>
>>77644328
Oded Fehr would have been a good choice, but Oh well. Can't have everything.
>>
>>77644328
>not wanting to add to the Chris trinity

What's wrong with you, son?
>>
Purple Drank make an appearance yet?
>>
>>77644328
The Ancient one seemed less like they didn't want an Asian character, and more like we don't want to offend China. The Ancient One is traditionally Tibetan, however IIRC there is the whole issue of whether Tibet is part of China or not, Tibetan Independence and Han Chinese colonialism. With regards to being played by an Asian actor, I read that Ken Watanabe, Bill Nightly, and Morgan Freeman were considered, as well as Tilda. So, it looks like it may have been an actual case of colour blind casting.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.