[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How exactly does magic work in Marvel? Like how some just wave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_mh0dtbt9da1qh1a28o1_400.jpg (127 KB, 400x401) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh0dtbt9da1qh1a28o1_400.jpg
127 KB, 400x401
How exactly does magic work in Marvel?
Like how some just wave their hands and say words while others need to harm themselves to make things happen and how some get exhausted from it while others it seems to be as natural as breathing.
>>
>>77626608
some negotiate with demons and supernatural beings to lend power, some are just reality warpers that use a framework of magic as a mnemonic for control
>>
>>77626608
magic and science are the same thing
>>
>>77626608
Everyone does it differently. Strange makes deals for certain powers, Loki crafts a story and fools the universe into believing it, SW uses Hexes and manipulates probability, VooDoo uses dead spirits I think.
>>
>>77626608
it varies from person to person. Scarlet witch apparently isn't magic anymore. Magik draws from limbo. Nico cast via the staff of one and witch arm that basically has no rules. Wiccan is a just reality warper that cast by saying what he wants multiple times.
>>
>>77626655
>Teleportation, making things have different mass, and giant robots that can move with agility
More like science is a form of magic
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 730x1597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 730x1597
>>
That Mystic Arcana shit was SO BAD

also it's magic they don't have to explain it
>>
>>77626710
I think she magical again in the new Dr. Strange comic.
>>
File: laughing Anti-venom.jpg (164 KB, 939x623) Image search: [Google]
laughing Anti-venom.jpg
164 KB, 939x623
>>77627712
>Druid
>>
They went back to Englehart's nature magic for Wanda.
>>
Magic is one part natural law, one part myth, one part legal contract, .
Magic is what it is. Because upon a time in a story told. But you always have to watch out for loopholes and read the fine print.
>>
Pretty much the same way magic works in any other piece of fiction: However the fuck the writer wants it to.
>>
>>77627811
I thought the preview of her new solo had her saying it wasn't chaos magic.
>>
>>77629229
It went back to Englehart magic not Busiek magic.
>>
File: MAGIC.png (365 KB, 607x727) Image search: [Google]
MAGIC.png
365 KB, 607x727
>Expecting consistent rules on magic from Marvel, who can't even be consistent about whether Peter Parker has liked the Mets or the Yankees since he was a kid
>>
>>77626710
Scarlet Witch is more magic than ever right now, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>77629434
Marvel magic always seemed pretty consistent to me.

You derive power from a god.
You get it from controlling a magic territory.
You use a magic item.
You warp reality somehow and everybody mistakes it for magic.

Mutants are the ones that make no sense given that they basically do magic because of a gene.
>>
>>77630033
It is a mutation that causes further mutations.
>>
>>77630255
>A mutation that lets you open portals to the meat, energy, teleport, etc, dimension
>A mutation that triggers weather manipulation

I tend to avoid trying to reason out this shit, but compared to magic X genes are the speed force of the MU.
>>
>>77630574
Mutations that let them use the same same bullshit magic and science abuse
>>
>>77626710
Scarlet Witch is not mutant anymore. She's now more magic than ever.

She's now more magic than ever. She's now 100% Witch, 0% Mutant, 0% Avenger.
>>
>>77629434
Always been the Mets. Some writers are dumb
>>
>>77629434
When has Parker EVER been a Yankees fan?
>>
File: It just works.png (114 KB, 510x438) Image search: [Google]
It just works.png
114 KB, 510x438
>>77626608
It's magic, we don't have to explain it
>>
>>77633496
And 100% Rogue's bestie!
>>
>>77629320
>Englehart magic
What's that?
>>
>>77637001
> As if Rogue was not pretending to be friends to keep the X-Men's enemy close.
> As if they will ever interact again given SW is now firmly (and likely permanently) in Doctor Strange's camp.
>>
>>77637155
Busiek saw her magic as coming from Chthon. Englehart went full-on with the pagan stuff, Earth magic and such.
Strange is Eastern Mysticism, Wanda is more Old European Paganism.

MCU Wanda is probably going to be that sci-fi/mystic hybrid take favored by Shooter and Abnet.

So we're getting two flavours of Scarlet Witch.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.