[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Winter Soldier is just a Red Hood ripoff The only memorable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
>Winter Soldier is just a Red Hood ripoff

The only memorable Captain America run is inspired by a low tier Batman storyline
>>
This is the dumbest bait I have ever seen
>>
>>77622973

/thread
>>
Winter Soldier is Red Hood done by a writer who's competent
>>
>>77622924
>jason todd
>low tier
>>
>>77628088
>has runs written by Scott Lobdell, Judd Winnick, and James Tynion IV.

Sounds pretty low tier to me.
>>
Assuming they do Under the Red Hood, how do you think they'll have it go down? Will someone manage to kill the Joker in the end? Will we see Dick and Tim perhaps? How shitty will Gotham be to emphasize Jason taking over the gangs to control their violence? Or will they just write a completely different script?
>>
>>77628088
Tzitzimine, please.
>>
>>77628088
>>77628301
You forgot Nightwing OYL and Countdown
>>
File: bitchgirl.png (137 KB, 458x467) Image search: [Google]
bitchgirl.png
137 KB, 458x467
>>77628588
>Nightwing OYL and Countdown anything but utter shit.
>>
>>77628588
>You forgot Nightwing OYL and Countdown
On purpose, just like everyone else.
>>
>>77628477
I know all you casuals are kind of obsessed with this storyline but it sure would be nice to see something on the film that wasn't already adapted into an animated project.
>>
>>77628588
Tentacle monster Jason Todd is at least more entertaining than Lobdell Jason Todd
>>
>>77628923
Not so much obsessed but it seems the most likely to happen I would think. If you have some other idea, please share.
>>
File: 1441072843126.png (571 KB, 1544x1086) Image search: [Google]
1441072843126.png
571 KB, 1544x1086
>>77628088
He is low tier m8
>>
File: RHA5a.jpg (45 KB, 339x273) Image search: [Google]
RHA5a.jpg
45 KB, 339x273
Such a deep and complex character.
>>
>Arkham Knight attempts to adapt the Red Hood storyline
>the only interesting part of it ceases to exist because Joker is already dead
>so Jason is just vaguely mad at Batman for not saving him
>>
File: CFEN6_4WIAAOrae.jpg (53 KB, 403x604) Image search: [Google]
CFEN6_4WIAAOrae.jpg
53 KB, 403x604
>>77622924
I doubt Jason has the amount of qt fanarts that Bucky has, though.

WS costume is also the coolest.
>>
>>77630450
Jason has a lot of Tumblards fangirling over him, actually. They just don't read his books because if they did, they'd hate him.
>>
>>77630576
False, if they read it, they'd hate DC for ruining a character they headcanon as great.
>>
>>77630368
Arkham Knight's story was just so bad.

If you were a Batman fan, Arkham Knight being Jason was something you saw coming a mile away, and didn't want because it was so cliched and trite by now.

If you weren't a Batman fan, then it was so obviously telegraphed with the mentions of the extra Robin that was suddenly introduced in the story for no other apparent reason.
>>
>>77629842
well the animated film had him break down at the climax and reduced his whole motivation to 'why didn't daddy avenge me?' even though it straight up said that his plan had worked so far, the crime rate was dropping and drugs where being kept away from kids.

a change up would be to focus on Batman's dilemma of not being able to agree with his methods but not being able to ignore his results, culminating in Batman showing his respect by giving him a two day head start after they help each other stop the bad guys.
>>
>>77630679
They could go the Morrison route, and show that his way doesn't work in the end, after he makes enemies of the police, the underground, and everyone else in sight.
>>
>>77630758
>They could go the Morrison route
They want Jason to be a part of the batfamily, have a book, and be able to crossover
Him being a villain isn't going to happen

The best we'll ever get is a solo with him being a antihero somewhere else that's not in Gotham before it's cancelled due to low sales
Or lobdell will just write him for forever.
>>
>>77630904
Lobdell writing him forever at least keeps Lobdell away from other characters. On the other hand, Red Hood still has to crossover with the Batfamily, so the Lobdell-ness still spills out to other books.
>>
>>77630904
Morrison had him join the family up in the end though
>>
>>77630983
Morrison made him actually earn redemption in a way that at least makes sense, by sending him undercover.
>>
>>77622924
>low tier

Nigga please.
/thread
>>
>>77630983
Yeah at the end, but tons of people want him to be the shitty villain Morrison turned him into
>>
File: Cyborg_Ninja.jpg (25 KB, 299x412) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg_Ninja.jpg
25 KB, 299x412
>>Winter Soldier is just a Red Hood ripoff

>>The only memorable Captain America run is inspired by a low tier Batman storyline

So you're saying DC has a time machine? The Winter Soldier debuted in January of 2005. Jason Todd showed up as the Red Hood in February of 05. Nice try.

But y'know, let's take a look at the traits of Winter Soldier for kicks, see if he reminds us of anyone else that came out earlier.

>Is a former best friend and buddy of the hero.
>Presumed dead in the middle of a battle.
>Rescued and resuscitated by a clandestine black ops group.
>Has cybernetic replacements.
>Was used as an assassin for said group until he broke the programming and goes back to helping the hero.

I can't put my finger on it. Who could this possibly be?
>>
>>77622924
>>77631774
Actually there is a good argument Red Hood is a Winter Soldier ripoff. According to Johns in the Infinite Crisis Hardcover, the planned origin for Red Hood was that he was originally suppose to be Jason from Earth-2. Why that was changed is unrevealed. But it makes sense why he tries to convince Batman he is the real deal in the first part by providing blood and hair.

However giving the timing between Winter Soldier and Red Hood, the change may well have been due to the success of the Winter Soldier storyline in Captain America.
>>
>>77632108
Probably changed when they decided not to kill Dick. Real Jason was supposed to become Nightwing.
>>
>>77631774

That really just goes with that classic coincidence like with Vision and Red Tornado. Companies have buffers with stories being ready for months before they actually launch.

It's always a hoot when that happens too. I always knew these two were done close but I never realized it was within a month of each other.
>>
>>77631326
Provide reasons why he isn't then.
>>
>>77632228
But Johns was the one (along with Waid) who told Didio what a retarded idea that was
>>
>>77632362
As a storyline, it's decent, gets overrated to hell because of a good animated movie with good voice acting.

As a character, Jason/Red Hood is shit-tier. He's a one-hit wonder whose only other good story is when he was deconstructed by Morrison to show what a fuck-up he is.
>>
>>77632266
Or the story how The Walking Dead was often accused of ripping off the opening "28 days later" when the book was done and ready to ship a few months before the movie came out, but was sat on to have an October "spooky" release.

>>77632108
Quite possible too!
>>
>>77632944
Still probably had to think out contingencies, fighting against it doesn't mean they knew they would win. They also said Bart as the Flash was retarded and lost there despite being long-time Flash writers.
>>
>>77632266
BuckyCap and DickBats both happening because of time bullets was weird too
>>
>>77633044
Oh, I thought you were implying that Jason Todd wasn't a shit character. I'm completely with you about Under the Red Hood as a story (specifically the animated movie as you said).

Nevermind then. Carry on as you were.
>>
>>77630368
>>77630671
The only memorable parts of Arkham Knight were all the little references to other DC stuff. Birds of Prey, LexCorp, Queen Industries, all that jazz. All it did was make me want Rocksteady to develop some non-Batman game. Sadly that probably won't ever happen because Batman is the easiest thing to sell to the masses.
>>
>>77631774
>>77632108

Doom Patrol and X-Men
>>
>>77634070
I prefer the comparisons between Bucky and Dick over Bucky and Jason. I'd rather compare Ed Brubaker to Grant Morrison over Judd Winick lol
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.