[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Character is extremely buff in Comic/cartoon/ anime/ whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>Character is extremely buff in Comic/cartoon/ anime/ whatever
>Despite this you never see them work out
Do writers just think people are born buff?
Sometimes there are in cannon reasons like pic related but generally it isn't true.
>>
> I could have posted a /co/ character but no, I'm going to post anime

some people, I swear.
>>
>>77622308
I was thinking Batman but we actually see him train and I wanted as many buff muscles in the pic as possible.
>>
File: Uncanny Avengers 05 b.jpg (457 KB, 1041x1600) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny Avengers 05 b.jpg
457 KB, 1041x1600
Give me an example, I honestly can't remember a comic where strong characters aren't shown working out even if you don't count their superheroics as working out.
>>
>>77622308
>I could've posted about the actual topic but no, I'm going to complain about the picture

some people, I swear.
>>
>>77622527
And Steve doesn't even need to, he got his muscles from super steroids.
>>
>>77622262
Would you want to read a comic about a guy who sits around lifting weights, preparing sensible protein heavy meals and shopping at GNC? Maybe written by the same writer who brought you the first graphic novel about eating at a Mexican restaurant and spending the next day on the toilet.
>>
File: 13882874073.jpg (1 MB, 1800x2156) Image search: [Google]
13882874073.jpg
1 MB, 1800x2156
>>77622757
>Man gets tired and fed up with injustice in his community
>Puts his mind to becoming physical perfection and honing his fighting skills to beat up crime
>Gets stuck on step one and becomes a muscle head obsessed with getting his routine right
>The comic gradually phases out his thirst for justice and he just completely forgets about his goals
>But he's got a pretty decent bod
>Art by SIR
>>
>>77622308
who the fuck even cares? it's an image macro.
>>
File: BINC_001_018.jpg (778 KB, 1280x1973) Image search: [Google]
BINC_001_018.jpg
778 KB, 1280x1973
>>77622512
Batman would literally be the worst example. It's shown time and time again he works his ass off to maintain his body.

A better example would be Green Lantern. Sure he was in the air force a long time ago, but he hardly ever walks anywhere since he can fly and 99% of his fighting is done through his ring. Also Superman since everything is effortless to him but apparently he mentions the Sun forms his body to perfection or something.

Also to answer your question it's just a trope, it's the same with most heroins being busty and beautiful.
>>
>>77622308
welcome to this anime website desu senpai
>>
>>77622983
>Woman messing with you while you are on your bench
>Especially when there is no way she could help you if you start going down
>>
>>77622308
>the creator is an uber west-aboo 80's man who's had his work do a run in the actual fucking Louvre in France, and had an art deal with Gucci, among other bewildering things
>on the same level as some shit naruto rip offs and moe garbage
Come on son, the man is an honorary euro, at least.
>>
>>77623739
if he died it just means he didn't deserve to be batman
>>
It only really bothers me with capes that don't have enhanced physical abilities like magic users.
>>
>>77626612
Wouldn't that make the most sense when you think about it?
Nonsuperdudes actually have a need to be muscular and fit.
>>
>>77622983
Hal can probably have the ring work out for him when he's sleeping. He's channeled it's energy into himself to simulate super strength at least once that I can think of, so it's plausible.
>>
>>77623739

He's gonna go down all right
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.