[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lorefags ruined Heathcliff man... It used to be all about comfy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Heathcliff8.jpg (56 KB, 653x532) Image search: [Google]
Heathcliff8.jpg
56 KB, 653x532
Lorefags ruined Heathcliff man... It used to be all about comfy shit and waifus and fun, but then the lorefags came and it became all about the fucking Garbage Ape and some abstract idea of "coherent plot". Fucking lorefags. I want my comfy Heathcliff back.
>>
>>77619472
>It used to be all about comfy shit and waifus and fun,

No it wasn't.
>>
>>77619472
Goddamn.

First Garfield
Then Peanuts
Then Dilbert
Now this

Did every fucking comic strip get its own cartoon? Whats the reasoning behind this?
>>
>>77619472
Gallagher is his own worst enemy, he started pandering to them because they kept buying the old collections to see if they had missed any clues.
>>
>>77619541
Cathy had a bunch of cartoon specials

Mother Goose and Grimm briefly had a cartoon show

Marvin had a cartoon special

Broom-Hilda had a cartoon, Beetle Bailey had a cartoon, Far Side had some cartoon specials.

I'm sure there's more. I mean, aside from the obvious ones like Popeye.
>>
File: Heathcliff-marmaduke.jpg (18 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
Heathcliff-marmaduke.jpg
18 KB, 450x335
>>77619494
It was. Also Marmaduke was the best waifu.

I wish Butch Hartman would reboot Heathcliff without all that new shit... just comfy fun and waifus. And then they could give him a dog, and a baby, and then a nieghbor who shares the BAD NEWS hat with him.
>>
>>77619569
We need to buy them too but make sure he knows it's for waifus and comfiness! We must counter this menace!
>>
>>77619541
Actually, if I'm not mistaken Heathcliff was the first proper show based on comic strips - Peanuts had movies earlier but only got a show in late 80s, much like Garfield. Meanwhile, the first Heathcliff show (also known as Heathcliff and Marmaduke or Heathcliff and Dingbat) started in 1980; by the time the others started gettning tv show adaptations, he was about to get a second show.

Dilbert came late to the party, the show only started in 1999.
>>
>>77619756
You could always just simply repost the ones that are how you like them. Ignore garbage ape posters. Do not reply to garbage ape threads.
>>
>>77620295
>Actually, if I'm not mistaken Heathcliff was the first proper show based on comic strips

Nah, Popeye and Dick Tracy had shows before Heathcliff. Popeye had a 60's cartoon show that was heavily simplified compared the 1940's theatrical cartoons.
>>
>>77620375
Oh right, forgot about this and the whole Bluto/Brutus confusion, my bad.
>>
Lol, you guys still read tumblrcliff?
>>
File: i131001heathcliff.jpg (55 KB, 475x580) Image search: [Google]
i131001heathcliff.jpg
55 KB, 475x580
>>77619472
Garbage Ape is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the cartoon, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>inb4 its not MUH HEATHCLIFF! ITS NOT MUH COMFINESS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who he was before the Garbage Ape. Consider actually looking for deeper subtext once in your life, thats what the run is, good lore. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the Heathcliff name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Legendary Trash Chimp. Reinventing a Z-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
>>77620476
/co/ loves tumblr.

But form afar and in a weird creepy stalkerish way with hate filled violent intent.
>>
>>77620536
we don't, they steal out waifus and put lore in their place! I hate them, I loved Marmaduke /co/
>>
>>77619472
W..why?
Who thought that Heathcliff would make a good cartoon?
>>
>>77620950
me! i love him

the cartoon was great because unlike today's cartoons it wasn't infested with lorefags. and they didn't use the garbage ape at all!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.