[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Kirby Was King, The Dude Is The Prince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: steverudesupes.jpg (130 KB, 500x641) Image search: [Google]
steverudesupes.jpg
130 KB, 500x641
Anyone interested in comic art should watch this film. No one in comics has Steve Rude's mastery of foundational drawing, he's the only conceivable heir to The King working today. Anyway, cheggidout:

http://putlocker.is/watch-rude-dude-online-free-putlocker.html
>>
>>77619065
does this link come with free virus protection?
>>
>Stars: Steve Rude, Neal Adams, Mike Allred

Boner City, Population: Me

Thanks, OP.
>>
File: wondy kittens.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
wondy kittens.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Neat
>>
File: Toth-Rude-low-5.jpg (507 KB, 900x1298) Image search: [Google]
Toth-Rude-low-5.jpg
507 KB, 900x1298
>>77619065
Alex Toth might disagree.
>>
>>77619276
Sorry, I've never had a problem with the site and I use it all the time.
>>77619318
No problem, enjoy!
>>77621667
Yeah, everyone knows about this--Rude rebuffed each of his points very well in one of the TwoMorrow's books. I mean, he has SOME valid points but Toth was suppossed to have been one of the nastiest bastards alive (dunno if you're reading the Mullaney books on him?), one of the greats but he had a formula for making a page that he never deviated from. Rude actually DID ref all the stuff that Toth accuses him of "faking"! I know the letter backwards and forwards, my friend, long, LONG time Rude fan.
>>
File: Mary Jane Rude.jpg (450 KB, 800x1192) Image search: [Google]
Mary Jane Rude.jpg
450 KB, 800x1192
>>77622643
I did not mean to impugn your Rude-cred.
>>
>>77624344
I know you didn't, I din't mean to sound like a c**t. Thanks for the apology, you're very cool (also for posting that image)!
>>
Also, can I point out that Rude was talking about Andrew Loomis in his earliest interviews? Hence I'm the proud owner of a first print of Creative Illustration.....but no OTHER comic artist mentioned him and we know how long it took to get those books back into print!
So he was influential in a lot of ways.
>>
jack kirby = the good
moebius = the king
john buscema =the knight
stan lee = the fool
>>
>>77627706
You know the fool is esoterically a shamanic figure, right? If anyone's a shaman in comics today it's...Jim Woodring?
And Jean "The King" Giraud just doesn't have the same ring to it, IMHO! Buscema was good but he was no, say, Joe kubert imho.
>>
>vollstix is posting again
Hallelujah

I didn't know of thisdoc's existence, thanx so much dude!
>>
>>77622643
>Toth was suppossed to have been one of the nastiest bastards alive

True, and maybe it's my personal opinion, but I feel he's the kind of perfectionist professional who I allow to have that high standards.

Like, even if every work of his wasn't beyond reproach, I appreciate a vocal voice in the industry like that, yanno?
>>
>>77627706
>>77627863
also, Mike Mignola is like a wizard. don´t think that Stan Lee was as "cool" as kirby, for me Lee is just like a salesman. Joe Kubert is like the knight of the enemy empire.
>>
>>77627957
Shit, you flatter me, anon!

Yeah I saw the trailer a few years ago , didn't hear anything for ages, then found it on a random putlocker documentary search!

I just wanna spread the love, thanks again, Anon!
>>
>>77626287

>c**t

This is a big boy website, you can say cunt here.
>>
>Kirby paintings to overlook me as I do my everyday work
So blasé about such amazing work as constant baring source of pressure on producing comics of legendary quality
>>
>>77628066
Totally agree with you...but I'm not sure if he subjected himself to the same level of criticism...like I said, it was always: establishing shot. extreme facial close-up w/other character in background, deep shadow etc....crystal clear storytelling but he always used those same kind of breakdowns; his storytelling (visually) never progressed much. And there are many, many perfectionists...but they're not all horrible characters, are they. I feel Chaykin took up that mantle, a bit!
But I get (and to an extent, agree) what you're saying, Anon.

>>77628094
Mignola's "just" a folklorist, really. The most obvious "wizard" would be Moore....hey that'd be a good idea for a thread, assign creators to cards from the Tarot !!!

>>77628137
I know, I just don't like using the word unless it's with friends.

>>77628251
Yeah my mouth dropped open when I saw that part!
>>
>>77628379

>I know, I just don't like using the word unless it's with friends.

Use a different word then. Self-censorship is cowardice. You're still putting the word into someone else's head, you've just attempted to push the responsibility for it onto the reader instead of yourself.

Everyone knows what you mean. Everyone reads "c**t" and thinks "cunt." Take responsibility, or use a different word.
>>
>>77628603
Wow, you literally just ripped off an entire Louis CK bit! Do you have any original rebuttals?
>>
>>77628836

I've never watched Louis CK.
>>
>>77628898
What an AMAZING coincidence.
>>
>>77619065
>putlocker
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.