[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoiler free Jessica Jones review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 4594059-raqpnmw.jpg (89 KB, 634x938) Image search: [Google]
4594059-raqpnmw.jpg
89 KB, 634x938
Jessica Jones: spoiler free review
Just finished Jessica Jones (I have mentioned I don't have a life right) it was out freaking standing.
First things first, the show ups the antie on violence but what puts this show super over the top is the sex. So just a heads up on that. It's basically American Horror story with a superhero twist. So this is for an even older crowd than daredevil was.
Onto the good. great acting, great pacing, great character development, To say anymore would spoil it. But Luke Cage and Purple man(David Tennant) steal the show. (Full disclosure Luke was my main reason for being excited for this show, I like Cage, so I can't wait for his show)
So spoiler free questions you may want to know:
What age can watch this show? 16 and up
Better than Daredevil? No, but comes close. DD is as close to perfect as a live action cape show can get
Do I need to watch Daredevil before this? No
Ties to other Marvel movie properties? No
Ties to Daredevil? A small bit near end, you can't miss it.
Purple man or kingpin? Kingpin is one of the best antagonists on a television show in years, Tennant comes close, but misses by a hair.
Should I binge watch this? I would recommend it, since this damn thing plays out like a 13 hour movie. There are things that are mentioned in early episodes that they expect you to remember by the end.
9 outta 10
Outstanding show, but if daredevil is my rating stick, this show has a few tiny short comings and dulls a bit in the middle is all.
P.s. Don't play "Jessica jones gratuitous butt-shot" shots. You'll be dead of alcohol poisoning by episode 5. This show loves her ass, lol
>>
Is it just me or do some parts jarringly go from night to day without it making any sense.
>It's pitch black outside oh shit I'm running from the hospital to my apartment so I can move in with purple man!
>lmao Iiiii'm home I'm packing my clothes in a rush and it's suddenly the midst of day
>>
>>77610873
lol that was something i noticed. but again this was spoiler free review, but your not wrong lol
>>
>>77610853
How the fuck does Kilgrave lose out on best villain title to Bumbles the Fat Autist?
>>
>>77610949
Having a scary set of powers don't mean shit, espieaclly when you see someone is immune to them. He gets his ass kicked

Kingpin: thru pure fear and intimidation made an entire city fear him. People killed themselves than mess with him.
Plus he had a far more fleshed out back story and motivation
>>
>>77610949
Because all the autists identify with him.
Knowing how real Kingpin is the Show version was shit to me
>>
>>77610853
>Ties to other Marvel movie properties? No
What do you mean about ties, because I did find a lot of rather explicit references to the avengers
>>
>>77611015
>Having a scary set of powers don't mean shit, espieaclly when you see someone is immune to them. He gets his ass kicked
Being immune did mean jack shit till the hand because of the potential collateral damage.
>>
The first two episodes were slow as fuck. When does the pace pick up?
>>
>>77610853
How long does it take for shills to fuck off?
>>
can someone spoiler the whole plot for me?
>>
>>77611062
you mad Dong Kekold ?
>>
>>77611043
I mean stuff that if someone had not seen specific "movies" on the marvel line they would not be confused or lost.
>>
>>77611053
Just saying, one guy was a pussy with an insane power set. Without the powers he's garbage

Other may have been "autistic" but he was scary as fuck, and smart, and could fight, and took on a super powered individual. So yea, I'm more afraid of the human that can break me in half, than the guy who I can put down by quickly punching in the throat
>>
Overall great, but felt flat on some moments, not because of mistakes, but because of wasted potential.

Could have less of the retarded sister, or patsy's mom, but whatever.

The fight scenes were below par, but at least they covered this partially with camerawork.
>>
>>77610949
What's wrong with Fisk's childlike fuse outside of LMAO GUYS ITS LIKE THST MEME AUTISM
>>
>>77610853
Hi Benis!
Stop shilling your shitty show pls
>>
>>77610853
>It's basically American Horror story with a superhero twist
What a horrible way to sell it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.