[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we please talk about how Agents of SHIELD completing fucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13
Can we please talk about how Agents of SHIELD completing fucks up Red Skull and Hydra?

Who the fuck let this happen?
>>
>>77609391
Those are some pretty nice tits.
>>
>>77609391
I know next to nothing about Red Skull and Hydra, but I thought this little twist was so fucking stupid.
>>
No-one cares.
>>
This was dumb.
>>
What happened?
>>
>>77610319

HYDRA is basically the Templars from AssCreed, they are actually centuries old and worship some super-alien.
>>
>>77609391
>hydra exists because of this entity
Yeah, nah. Even if there is cthulu themes about it, still dumb.
>>
I blame Hickman.
>>
>>77609391
>completing fucks up Red Skull and Hydra
Not really. An organisation was there but Red Skull took over and reshaped it to his liking.
>>
It was in the comics though. Hydra existed before WWII, it simply wasnt relevant up to that point.
>>
File: this.jpg (265 KB, 1823x629) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
265 KB, 1823x629
>>77610741
This guy gets it
>>
>>77609391
Straight from the comics, man. Hydra and S. H. I. E. L. D. are as old as time. DaVinci was even a leading member at one point.
>>
It's not a problem, but it's also not as if this matters for the movies.
>>
>>77610849
Go to bed Whedon, no one likes you.
>>
>>77609557
>>77609391
So anybody see a naked woman with a dick as head and tentacle rape arms?
>>
>>77609391
>Can we please talk about how Agents of SHIELD completing fucks up Red Skull and Hydra?
No because they didn't see >>77610741
>>
>>77609391
HOW DARE AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D MAKE HYDRA LIKE IN THE COMIC? NEXT THEY'LL MAKE LEONARD PART OF SHIELD, I TELL YOU.
>>
>>77610907
I like Whedon.
>>
>>77609391

What's wrong with an old secret society being even older and more secretive?
>>
>>77611116
you have issues
>>
>>77609391
You mean the HYDRA that was a super-science division that broke from Nazi control under the command of the Red Skull instead of a special operations/fifth column group that went independent with the collapse of the Nazi war effort created by von Strucker?
>>
>>77611116
fuck, now I can't stop seeing that.
>>
>>77609391
Not like the movies will ever acknowledge AoS and the Netflix show didn't even give a fuck about the Inhumans thing with JJ and opted for the retarded gifted term.

>>77610840
Hickman bullshit that is probably going to get retconned.
>>
>>77611358
>and the Netflix show didn't even give a fuck about the Inhumans thing with
did you forget about the the woman who tried to shot JJ and how the guy in the car was caling her "one of them"? They were precisely talking about the inhumans breach out.
>>
>>77611358
Davinci being part of SHIELD is too cool to ever be retconned.
>>
>>77610782
>>77610840
Why do people keep saying "the" comics? I bet its from one specific comic.
>>
>>77611116
I just see Cthulhu with boobies.
>>
I know, right? Look at that fucking logo, should've listened to Brett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yJCg65rYw
>>
>>77611128
I think the OP means Hydra worshiping an Inhuman and waiting his return.
>>
>>77611137
It completely fucks up any importance or impact they had. Now the origin of bring from Hitler's secret ayylmao division doesn't mean anything, everything about their goals of controlling the world were all bullshit, and everything about the avengers and co fighting them means jack all.
Its an asspull of bad writing like everything else in this Wheadon shithole of a story.
>>
>>77611509
>I bet its from one specific comic.
A backstory remain a backstory.
>>
>>77611731
>talk about the logo.
this video was actually somewhat forshadowing.
>>
>>77611812
Except it imply absolutely none of that.

see>>77610741
>>
>>77611371
>They were precisely talking about the inhumans breach out.
there's plenty of non-inhuman metas that the public is aware of, though. those scenes could still hold their own if inhumans weren't canon. but >>77611358
is an idiot, because JJ was never an inhuman to begin with so whether or not they're mentioned in the show means exactly jack
>>
>>77611812
1. as others have said, Hydra being older than the Nazis is nothing new and has been their backstory in 616 for several years now. read a comic.

2. Whedon hasn't touched AoS since the fucking PILOT of season 1 you fucking retarded dickweasel.
>>
>>77611861
So far, only accounting the movies and Dardevil, all the identities of the super-humans are known, plus Dardevil being an urban legends.

The "one of them", referring to powered people living in hiding make the most sense with the context of the inhumans outreach.

What other "powered people that hide their nature" is there in the MCU, so far, aside from the inhumans?
>>
>>77609391
I did think the slowly evolving logo was kind of dumb. Design doesn't work like that; you don't design a goats head logo and then slowly change it into an octopus
>>
>>77611878
Maybe he is talking about the other Whedon brother, the one managing AoS?
>>
>>77609391
if anything its better
>Hydra exist for centuries
>soley dedicated to doing this singular thing
>decide they'll use the nazi for funding for their own end
>then the mother fucking red skull shows up
>turns millenia of work on its head because the mother fucking red skull
>hydra is no longer a secret society its the people that work for the red skull

Hailing in a Hydra Thread
>who Hailing here
>>
>>77611904
I think the jump from Goat head to Hydra was actually brutal (most likely revamp done by RedSkull). Before that, it was just a goat skull with convoluted horns.

Red Skull was like, "I can let a fucking stupid goat be the symbol of my New World Order..." looking accidentally at the logo upside-down "say, those horns kinda look like tentacle.. Of COURSE! OCTOPUS! No, better, HYDRA! WE SHALL BE HYDRA!... The skull is nice though. Let's keep that part. Well, I am glad to have finally aderssed that problem. I can finally start working on my death ray..."
>>
>>77611901
where are you getting secret identities out of this? they're a non-issue. the couple in JJ were prejudiced against metas because of the battle of NY when the avengers blew up parts of the city. like, they specifically mention that "you people were blowing up buildings" which they wouldn't say if they were talking about inhumans because inhumans didn't exist yet and none of the avengers are inhumans.

frankly I think it's more of a lead-in to Civil War than it is a reference to AoS. we already know from Ant Man that the public isn't very happy with metas after both the new york attack and the sokovia incident.
>>
>>77611972
>because of the battle of NY when the avengers blew up parts of the city.
That's the weird part, though, they didn't blew any buildings.
>>
>>77609391
I know you are baiting but whatever.

They aren't shitting on anythin, they are doing part of the SHIELD and Secret Warriors comics from Hickman.
>>
>>77611972
>where are you getting secret identities out of this?
It's not about secret identity (it would require them heroing around) it's that they are hiding their power.

the comment of "one of them" from the dude in the car clearly idicate that people are aware that there exist a bunch of powered people outisde of the well known one, who all are known to have got their power under unique circumstances.

"One of them" imply people having super power is more common than the very limited amount of people what is only accounted in the movies.

It imply that the notion of powered people walking among them is acknowledged and that they aren't all known.

This is not a notion you can get from just the movies.
>>
>>77611990
Their battle was pretty destructive to the area, both in terms of collateral damage and economic damage. That's the entire plot to the first season of Daredevil.
>>
File: party.png (1 MB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
party.png
1 MB, 1280x686
>>77611990
what do you call this?
>>
>>77612033
or, judging by the context of the later conversation (where the couple reveals that they lost people crushed by rubble during the battle of new york) "one of them" could just mean someone with powers. if you remove inhumans from the equation, pretend they don't exist, pretend AoS was never made, those scenes still make sense in the context of JJ in the MCU.

I'm not arguing that AoS isn't canon, I'm just saying that the scenes in JJ in question are an oblique reference at best, and are more likely foreshadowing public opinion in Civil War.
>>
>>77612082
>"one of them"
But that's the thing. That there is a notion of "one of them" in the first place, and that they take on JJ in the first and don't even doubt she has laser eyes means that they are already aware that powered people already exist aside from the Avengers. Otherwize they wouldn't just believe some random guy telling how a chick told her she has laser eyes and he tottaly believe her.

there need to be an events that explain whil they so easily believe there are other powered people aside from the Avengers and only AoS make that notion having a sense.

I am not trying to defend AoS's Canon, I am sying that people EASILY believing that there are more powered people than the one shown in the movie make more sense with AoS accounted for. That or the couple believed she was an EXTREMIS. and in this case, trying to shoot them is a really bad idea.
>>
>>77612047
I call that a SPACE WALL destroying a building and the Avengers trying to stop it.

It's like blaming a fireman for having someone dying in a fire.
>>
>>77612151
>It's like blaming a fireman for having someone dying in a fire.
but... that happens.
>>
>>77612151
People are shitty, and they absolutely will blame heroes.
>>
File: thanos.jpg (38 KB, 570x318) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
38 KB, 570x318
>>77610469
>some super-alien
>>
>>77612137
>there need to be an events that explain whil they so easily believe there are other powered people aside from the Avengers and only AoS make that notion having a sense.
I disagree, and I don't see why you think that.

a key element of Iron Man 2/3 was that some people were afraid of people in powered suits, and the government wanted access. a key component of TIH is that superpowered monsters can lose control and wreck a city. a key plot point of Avengers was that the world was scared of more of these kinds of people (the whole Phase 2 program, Fury explicitly states exists because they needed weapons to defend themselves from people like Thor)

The films only continue to establish that more of these threats exist, with one of them going so far as to lift an entire country into the sky in an attempt to wipe out ALL LIFE on earth.

The public already knows metas exist, and they're already afraid of them. All of this before Inhumans started popping up. Calling Jessica "one of them" just means "one of them superpowered freaks", of which there are already several. Several who have already caused massive public disasters. Yes, Inhumans can be INCLUDED in that category of "superpowered freaks", but the scenes don't depend on the existence of inhumans for them to make sense in the context of JJ. that's all I'm saying. if you didn't watch AoS, JJ would still make plenty of sense.
>>
>>77611878
It'd written by the other Wheadon you fucking retard.
>>
Hey, at least it breaks the status quo the MCU has been stuck in
>>
>>77609391
Read Secret Warriors

Nazis is not the root of Hydra in the 616 universe either

delete your post you casual MORON
>>
>>77612151
You're expecting the general citizens in any iteration of the Marvel Universe to not be stupid assholes. Do you see the problem?
>>
>>77611901
>What other "powered people that hide their nature" is there in the MCU, so far, aside from the inhumans?

The Avengers?
>>
>>77613174
>the avengers
>hiding their nature ever
I don't think you have been paying much attention, anon.
>>
File: 1429906984074.jpg (82 KB, 854x688) Image search: [Google]
1429906984074.jpg
82 KB, 854x688
>>77613192

No I'm sure they go public with everything they do. There could never be any risk involved with that when they're trying to stop someone like Hydra or Ultron.
>>
>>77613141
>Nazis is not the root of Hydra in the 616 universe either
decades of comics says otherwise faggot.
>>
File: 0.png (936 KB, 1920x858) Image search: [Google]
0.png
936 KB, 1920x858
>>77613212
Everyone know their identity and they live in a giant building with a Big A.

The point is, people know who they are, what they do and where is their base of operation.
>>
>>77612047
I wouldn't call it a party
>>
>>77611133
Whedon, stop wasting trip dubs on shitty posts, no one likes you anymore, sorry.
>>
>>77613212
>No I'm sure they go public with everything they do.
None of that imply hiding thier own nautre. Everyone in the MCU know who they are and how they got to be powered people.
>>
>>77613223
Retconns says otherwise, casual moron

Secret Warriors. Get the fuck out of here and go read it
>>
>>77613247
I still like Whedon.
>>
>>77611509
>I bet its from one specific comic
It's mostly from Secret Warriors with a bit of SHIELD.
>>
>>77613253
>Everyone in the MCU know who they are and how they got to be powered people.

That's not true. Just because the audience understands it, doesn't mean the whole in-movie universe understands it

You'll recall a scene from the first Avengers movie where Hulk fell off the Helicarrier and crashed through the roof of an old warehouse. The guard there asks him if he's an alien from outer space. He had no idea what the fuck was going on. Sorry man, but you're wrong.
>>
>>77613254
marvel retcons are utter shit.
>>
>>77613377

Well then do what you're gonna do and try to find a way to twist all of this into your fanfiction Marvel universe where only the things you liked happened

Just don't try to come here and argue that any of it's right
>>
>>77613351
>Just because the audience understands it, doesn't mean the whole in-movie universe understands it
Yes they do.

Tony Stark tell to the whole world he is Iron Man, The whole action of Bruce Banner and his Huk alter are revealed after the Harlem Fight, Captain America is a WWII icon whit a whole museum dedicated to them.

Jane Foster made papers out ofthe encounter with thor that might gran her a Nobel Price, and if that wasn't ebough, Loki show himself in Avengers 1 and the whole invasion of New York and how the Avengers responded to it is known worldwide, and discussed on television.

Black Widow and Hawkeye's info have been relreased for everyone to see in in Winter Soldier.

Everyone know them and who they are. They are in no way hiding their nature.

>The guard there asks him if he's an alien from outer space. He had no idea what the fuck was going on. Sorry man, but you're wrong.
And since Avengers 1, everyone know who The Hulk is. And Jessica Jones take place after Avengers.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong by saying that the MCU Avengers are hiding their own nature Jesus Christ, man, are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>77613438
>The whole action of Bruce Banner and his Huk alter are revealed after the Harlem Fight

But there's a guy in the Avengers AFTER this who didn't understand what Hulk was

Just like the real world, most people don't watch the news or know what's going on around them and even the news only shows a small percentage of what's even going on out there

You're an idiot to assume that the whole universe understands all of them. Didn't the cops go "WHO ARE YOU?" in Avengers when Cap showed up and started ordering them to get the civilians to safety?

Not everybody knows. Not everybody is in SHIELD
>>
>>77613477
>But there's a guy in the Avengers AFTER this who didn't understand what Hulk was
But at this point the Avengers were still being formed and Jessica Jones took place after those even.

Saying that Avengers hide their true nature couldn't be more false.

>Just like the real world, most people don't watch the news or know what's going on around them and even the news only shows a small percentage of what's even going on out there
Dude, everyone in the world know about 9/11. And everyone in the world know about the Alien invasion.

>You're an idiot to assume that the whole universe understands all of them.
I am right in saying that the Avengers does not in any way hide their nature and that everyone in the world know about them.

>Didn't the cops go "WHO ARE YOU?" in Avengers when Cap showed up
You mean, when Captain america being unforzen was still a SHIELD secret? And why do you keep using that are happening during Avengers, when I am talking about a period of time set AFTER the avengers.

You are the idiot if you think that after the Avenger, not everyone know about them. And it's in NEw York, everyone in New York know about them.

You are the only retard here to think not everyone has heard of the alien invasion and the avengers.
>>
>>77611358
Well yeah of course they went with "gifted." Gifted doesn't just mean Inhumans, it means everyone who has extraordinary powers in that universe.

Also, the term "Inhuman" isn't public knowledge. SHIELD only knows them by that name because they encountered the Afterlife Inhumans, who would have had cultural ties to early Inhumans.

A Nuhuman who was empowered by the fish oil isn't gonna know they're an Inhuman until someone in the know informs them.
>>
>>77609391
You mean Hydra was actually a death cult that worshiped ancient aliens as gods and want to use their technology/magic to rise to power?

Yeah, that's totally different from Red Skull and First Avenger's Hydra.

A younger Johann Shmidt had to get his ideas about aliens from somewhere. So he found this spooky cult's ideas about gods, combined them with Hitler's obsession with Aryans/pagan rituals and concluded that Norse Gods were aliens with power.
>>
>>77612378
Pretty sure they meant an Inhuman, bro.

Oh shit is MCU Thanos gonna be an Inhuman? Fuck.
>>
>>77614080
>Oh shit is MCU Thanos gonna be an Inhuman? Fuck.
Nah man. Theres no way they don't completely distance his MCU version from the fact that his comic version is a descendant of humans.
>>
>>77614080
>>77614230
The MCU Thanos will actually be a Super Skrull
>>
File: 4814441-4+ward[1].jpg (104 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
4814441-4+ward[1].jpg
104 KB, 900x506
>>77612378
Friendly reminder that Grant Ward is a better villain than Thanos

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/top-ten-marvel-cinematic-universe-villains/1100-153637/
>>
>>77614497
>Ultron higher than Ward
This is a bullshit list.
>>
Y'know Marvel and Disney could have easily said it was AIM who wanted the Shrinking Formula

BUT NO! HYDRA IS STILL A THING DESPITE GETTING FUCKED IN CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 AND AVENGERS 2

Why are they even a plot point anymore the two biggest concerns are Loki and Thanos
>>
>>77614684
Hydra's whole schtick is that they're nigh impossible to wipe out permanently. "Cut off one head, two more will take its place" is their catch phrase for a reason.
>>
>>77614684
AIM was a division of HYDRA that broke off. Still reasonable.
>>
>>77614684
>>77615074
AIM was dismantled after Im3, though.
>>
>>77610741
>Not really. An organisation was there but Red Skull took over and reshaped it to his liking.
Exactly. If anything, they might be suggesting the underlying organization was Zodiac given the constant "Taurus" reference.
>>
>>77615135
Corporate AIM. AIM has always been various terror cells with different focuses, each claiming to be the true AIM. Rarely does a Scientist Supreme manage to reunite more than a couple of cells together.
>>
>>77615171
It's almost as if AIM is... Aimless.
>>
File: new hydra.png (525 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
new hydra.png
525 KB, 599x450
>>77611731
based brett
I love evil ward but I wish he got to do more humor on the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeiJ2jHyy7U
>>
File: 1417893508240.jpg (151 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1417893508240.jpg
151 KB, 800x800
>yfw CW sets up Zemo as the supreme leader of HYDRA and ignores AoShit
>>
File: old-starbucks-logo-01-2014.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
old-starbucks-logo-01-2014.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>77611709
>>
>>77615594
What if there is more than one HYDRA?
>>
File: 4814536-1+loki.jpg (151 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
4814536-1+loki.jpg
151 KB, 960x540
>>77614497
friendly reminder that loki is the best villain period
>>
File: HYDRA_Timeline.jpg (387 KB, 1280x2015) Image search: [Google]
HYDRA_Timeline.jpg
387 KB, 1280x2015
>>77609391
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/2/2b/HYDRA_Timeline.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120503041241

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hydra_%28Earth-616%29

or pick your HYDRA
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hydra
>>
>>77611906
Whedon (2)?
>>
So, there are currently 3 known factions of Hydra:
-- Gideon Malick's
-- Grant Ward's
-- Mitchell Carson's

... there are probably others. Who can/will unify them? Zemo? Bob?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.