[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you know that you can support the comic book industry and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: ComixologyBanner1.jpg (53 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
ComixologyBanner1.jpg
53 KB, 851x315
Did you know that you can support the comic book industry and buy two entire back-issues of your faforite comic on Comixology EVERY DAY if you just skip lunch?
>>
File: 1428770401851.gif (386 KB, 515x386) Image search: [Google]
1428770401851.gif
386 KB, 515x386
That assumes a great deal about how much I'm willing to pay for lunch. Also I'm not going to skip lunch. Eating is more important than comics.

Also comics too expensive. Furthermore, the people running the comics companies are morons. They insist on ruining the good aspects of the main comic universes (which is to say, continuity and the connected universe) by fucking it over with constant events that they force every fucking goddamned book to participate in. HOW THE FUCK IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO READ THIS SHIT WHEN YOU INTERRUPT IT EVERY SIX MONTHS FOR SOME BULLSHIT I DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT.

Jimmies, etc.
>>
>>77609231
they wouldn't be forced to do those things if you'd just support the comic industry
>>
File: t trapper.png (238 KB, 291x414) Image search: [Google]
t trapper.png
238 KB, 291x414
You're right but back issues are too expensive on comixology. most stuff pre-1990 (2000tbh) should be like cover at least.

Good sales though if you keep an eye out.

>>77609231

I don't get this. Shared Universe rocks, fuck yeah I didn't like Blackest Night but I got some awesome Suicide Squad comics out of it and Reis draws cool shit so I can deal.

Maybe I've just been inside too long, whatever. comics are fun to read
>>
>>77609285

I've been trying to get back into some shit recently. Then I get a HUGE FUCKING SCREW YOU for it when my comic gets a giant timeskip. Fuck that shit. Let individual comics have a story without screwing it over every six months.
>>
>>77609184
Off topic, kinda.

What happened to the rumours of Marvel pulling out of ComiXology?
>>
>>77609285
comics are fun when you judge each writer's run as separate things and disregard what you don't like as the shitty sequel it is
>>
>>77609308

what do you think came of a rumor from a random /co/ post?
>>
>>77609281
>they wouldn't be forced to do those things if you'd just support the comic industry
The comic industry and their shitty half-assed capes can die in a fire for all I care. Support independent creators. People pirate Stokoe and Warren and others working their asses off on their creator owned comics, that's what's really destroying the medium.
>>
>>77609231
You are a fucking idiot and cancer.
I understand people who are poor and simply can't afford comics pirating. I understand people who follow "try before you buy" philosophy and pirate the comics, then buy ones they liked.

But you, are cancer, you are what is killing this industry. Fucking die.
>>
>>77609184
The big two are now owned by large multinational film corporations. They don't need my charity.
>>
>>77613523
Yeah but indies do.
>>
Why support? When free is an option.
>>
>>77609231
Do you...

Do you honestly think superhero comics are the only kinds of comics out there?

Do you honsetly have no desire whatsoever to ready aynthing that isn't a superhero comic?
>>
>>77613797
'Cause that won't keep the stuff you like going.
>>
>>77613828
Paying didn't keep it going either.
>>
>>77614160
I'm pretty sure it was just published by the wrong company.
>>
>>77613811
>>77613498

FTR I am both poor, and paying for the comics through various means. And it's pissing me off.

And I do know that there are more comics out there, I just LIKE superhero comics, so get off my goddamned back. I have read other shit, and liked some of it, but I'll read what I want to you judgemental shitnugget
>>
>>77609184
I only ever buy from Comixology during BOGO sales, charging the exact same price for digital as print is criminal.
>>
Do you also know that Comixology became absolutely cancer after Amazon bought them and now even requires you to ad CC details if you want to download the free samples?
>>
>>77618355
I have mine set up with paypal and it lets me get the free comics just fine.
>>
>>77618408
Does your Paypal have CC details aded though?
Because last time I checked using only a PayPal account didn't work either.
>>
>>77618549
Nope.
>>
digital comics are way too expensive on release
I'd rather buy a trade of what I really enjoy
>>
If you can't sell it, you don't really own it.
>>
I buy during sales and sometimes a month or so later when the price goes down a dollar, but paying for day-0 floppies is foolish. I barely even do it for physical comics.

Trade wait or die. I hope to one day reach omnibus wait or die.
>>
>>77618355
>>77618549
I don't have any payment saved to my account and I get free comics fine. I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>77609184
Until Warner or Disney levies an anti-trust suit against Diamond I will not buy digital. The price parity is too insulting to even use the service.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-21-22-10-44.png (204 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-21-22-10-44.png
204 KB, 1080x1920
>>77618572
>>77618845
Just tried again to see if they changed anything recently but nope, still won't work.
>>
>>77618971
Maybe the problem is that you're on mobile? I literally just clicked to get a free one and it went through. Showed "Paid by Credit Card: $0.00" but I don't have a card on file.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.