[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones Live talkback thread #4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
Purple Man edition
https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80002311

Thread 1
>>77588085

Thread 2
>>77593494

Thread 3
>>77601323
>>
First for Sweet Christmas

How did YOU watch AKAJJ with, /co/? Just watched first 3 with cute gal who lives a floor up from I.
>>
File: IMAG0435.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0435.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
This is how I'm binge watching
>>
>>77609175
I liked it but I just didn't like it as much as Daredevil. I don't know why but it just didn't pull me in as much.

I liked what they did with Kilgrave though (with the exception of naming him "Kevin" for some fucking reason). They explored what a child could become if given god-like control over everyone, including his parents.
>>
>>77609481
Good taste, I got pepshnapps and hot coco, lets trade halfway.
>>
>>77609259
>Not watching it like a true loner in your basement

Normie Detected.
>>
>>77609175
Only a couple episodes left but it's been great so far. Simpson was giving off some serious Moon Knight vibes for awhile.
>>
It was decent, nowhere near as good as Daredevil.
>>
>can't take care of himself
>lives with his crazy bitchy sister
>walked in on the girl he loves getting pounded by Luke's titanium Dick
>forced to kill himself

Man Ruben had it rough.
>>
Am I the only one disappointed Luke doesn't know Danny already? Of course I'm not. That would be absurd.
>>
>>77609560

He's Nuke, isn't he?
>>
Better than Daredevil imo.

Daredevil was a lot more front loaded and really dragged by the end.

This was a more consistent show and the supporting cast was superior.

Also, Kilgrave >> Fisk.
>>
When Patsy got told to cover up her bruises, I thought we were for sure gonna get Hellcat.

I thought they were vigilante bruises.
>>
Just finished it, night nurse is forever best marvel girl. Overall I liked it about as much as daredevil

>>77609679
He's Nuke and probably the main antagonist for seaosn 2
>>
>>77609760
Me too. Though, it's still what's being alluded to for the future.
>>
So if you haven't seen Daredevil, can you still enjoy this? My mom seems pretty interested in this but less so in Daredevil, could she watch this without having seen DD?
>>
>i was pretty committed to the scenario
copbro is the best
>>
Only thing that really bothered me was no Luke/Jessica convo after he woke up. Just a giant tease for the next season I guess.
>>
>>77609875
Yeah, sure. Nothing in it is reliant on the events in Daredevil. Which is weird since it's supposed to be the same neighborhood.
>>
Finished the whole thing just now, it was great

Daredevil was better tho but Purple Man was a cool villain
>>
About half-way through, I'm really liking it.

The only thing that stands out a little as a negative is it's real bad at action - like I think it's actually cool that Jessica isn't Buffy Summers girl master fighter #293846, she just shoves and throws people around with her above normal brute strength because why would she need anything else? But it never actually looks good.

I don't think it really hurts in the end though since it's not an action show. Jessica's super power could be hating doors and the show would be 95% the same.
>>
File: cap in jessica jones.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
cap in jessica jones.png
2 MB, 1366x768
holy shit that cap cameo was amazing
>>
you guys are hopeless. I'm glad /tv/ exists so people can get the real facts on this shitty show
>>
File: here.webm (2 MB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
here.webm
2 MB, 404x720
>>77610139
>>
Nuke the dude was right.
At the end if they did just as Nuke said at the beggining a shitton of people whould be alive and Hope whould still lost her life
>>
The family hostage holder anyone special from the comics?
>>
>>77610251
>spend entire series trying to keep Kilgrave alive
>argue several times with Nuke about it
>almost beat Nuke to death
>kill Kilgrave anyway

Amazing. He was unquestionably correct.

And what about his boys? HIS BOYS?!
>>
>>77610251
A good pair of earplugs and a shotgun would have been the correct approach from the beginning, but then we would have had a 3 episode miniseries instead of a rambling, melodramatic mess.
>>
>>77610139
Yeah, the /pol/trooning on the /tv/ threads has been fantastic entertainment in itself. Not since the Mad Max threads have we seen the weak and fearful airing their minds and treating the rest of us to the lulsworthy sight of their innermost sexual desires
>>
File: daredevil born again nuke 3.jpg (126 KB, 406x553) Image search: [Google]
daredevil born again nuke 3.jpg
126 KB, 406x553
>>77609777
OUR BOYS
>>
>>77609746
Both shows had the same problem with heavy front/dragging end, But JJ definitely handled it's character development better and which patched up a lot of the plot pacing issues (despite them being clearly there). I'm glad the best friend split up drama happened before the series and for a logical reason vs "You lied to me about being blind! What you do isn't legal!" I thought Kilgrave was done pretty well despite NOT MUH PURPLE and overall I liked Jessica's arc of overcoming her PTSD and being a fucking mess, confronting her abuser, trying to understand him and even attempting to use him for good, then entering a morally grey area to get the truth/justice. It was believable and engaging.

Some things I could have done without:
>kilgrave support group
Outside of Reuben dying and Jess/Malcolm's inner turmoil over having to hide the body while his sister puts up posters, what was the point? When they came to beat up Jessica and free Kilgrave they just felt like a plot device.
>Nuke
A lot of people really dug him apparently, but I didn't see a point outside of introducing IGH for some more superpower origin explanation. There would have been more resonance if he died instead.
>Jessica and Luke finale
So does he want her or not? How much was Kilgrave by the end and how much was Luke? Needs a little more closure, right now it feels like we'll have to watch the Luke Cage show to get that.
>>
>>77609481
Lord, I can smell the BO and desperation from here.
>>
>>77610511
Haven't seen it yet. Did they really go flag face tattoo on him?
>>
>>77610866
they dont but they imply red, white, and blue, heavily with him
>>
>>77609175
I enjoyed it more than DD, though I loved DD. JJ only just edges it out.

I want to know if they were alluding to anything about that story from the bum and the meteor with the guy walking onto the beach, and that stoner robber and the guy with red eyes.

Also, this series was proof of concept for me that they could do a proper Punisher Max series on Netflix.
>>
File: 1431842155806.jpg (34 KB, 530x720) Image search: [Google]
1431842155806.jpg
34 KB, 530x720
>That gambit she plays with Kilgrave.

>Malcolm answering the phone for Jess in the last scene.

How fucking satisfying. Can't wait to see based Malcolm in S2.
>>
>>77610892
Those pill colors. Gotta love it. Fucker is like Roger Ramjet.
>>
Pretty terrible
>>
Just started watching.
Who the fuck are those lesbian and why should I care?
>>
Just to clear things up for myself: I thought the blonde from DD had been mind controlled into killing her boss and forgetting she had done it by Kilgrave, and we'd see a little confirmation of that elaborated on in JJ. Figured I'd be vindicated when they said something earlier on in the season about Kilgrave's bodyguards being hired by some outside agency with an interest in his abilities. Since that didn't happen, what can we assume happened to the blonde in DD? That she was drugged and placed at the scene of the crime?
>>
>>77610940
Iron Fist lawyer.
>>
>>77610958
>That she was drugged and placed at the scene of the crime?
Yes. Pretty sure they made a major point of that in DD.

I was also a little disappointed with the lack of crossover. Even just some mentions of Fisk's campaign or arrest or something to give us a proper time frame for when this occurs compared to DD.
>>
>there were people that thought Tenant would pull off the character
>>
>>77610930
Is that Jontron or Micheal Cera?
>>
>>77610998
wouldn't*
>>
>>77610964
ok, but why should i care about their lesbian drama?
>>
>>77611058
Why don't you just watch the show?
Then either care or don't care.
>>
>>77611058
It is a thing anon. It is part of the story building. If they told you everything straight away it would be shitty storytelling.

I thought it was annoying at first too, but it really does play into the story later. Just grit your teeth for the moment.

Plus that character isn't supposed to be likable anyway. So if you are already sick of her shit then they are probably doing something right.
>>
>>77610139
I hate to be a cynical autist but in /co/'s case you're right. They are useful hype ridden mouthbreathing lards who froth at the mouth for everything when it first comes out. Don't worry though in a year they'll all have realized how stupid they were and admit this show is mediocre generic fodder.

The only reason to post here is because /tv/ is too infested with edgy /pol/ teenage memespouters.
>>
>>77610498
I'm genuinely convinced that all the /pol/tards going on about race-mixing anti-white propaganda on /tv/ are repressed kekolds or full on homosexuals with obsessions with black men. It gets tedious to read after a while. It's like, if I were interested in knowing about gay fantasies I'd go to /lgbt/ or something. It's just boring, I want to discuss television shows.
>>
Im so fucking dissapointed that Nuke never referenced Captain America even once to say how much of a fan he is. And on that note its quite embarrassing how they try to avoid saying "The Avengers". Agents of SHIELD is retarded but the way they avoid it like three times is simply not natural at all and in a conversation no one speaks like that.
>>
>>77611058
I know it feels like it has an odd sense of importance and focus but it does become more relevant.
>>
File: 0.jpg (316 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
316 KB, 640x360
What are the chance of the MCU Jessica Jones to get her hair purple?
>>
>>77611119
You don't remember him saying he had seen real heros in action? I mean it was kind of a throw away line but I think that is what he was referring to.

But yeah he should have had some mention of Cap specifically in there. Or even just a cap pin or something.

As for the lack of Avengers mention. I imagine that is mostly to avoid any licensing issues since one is for the movies and the other web streaming.

Plus I mean think of it this way. How much have the Avengers actually done in the public eye in the MCU? Just fend off the invasion, and Ultron right? They may not be as big to the general populace as we believe.
>>
>>77611196
They basically said the costume is stupid and she only wore the purple hair as a part of the costume.
>>
Kilgrave was right
>>
>>77611198
Yes it is, the entire fucking city was being blown up and hundreds died. Are you insane? And the licensing issues are nonexistent.
>>
>>77611196
Nonexistent. They implied the costume is dumb
>>
>>77611261
Jessica said it's dumb. Which is very Jessica.
>>
>>77611119
It's not like they deny their existence. Maybe people aboide saying it because they think a group of people in colourful spandex and stretch pant is Cringy, and their name is super cringy.
>>
>People bitching on twitter because they made Kilgrave sympathetic
lmao
>>
>>77611268
How retarded do you have to be to say this and somehow ignore that she had been wearing it for a significant part of Alias
>>
Does anyone ever end up wearing earplugs or something when they try to take down the Purple Man?
>>
>>77611271
The only person on the entire roster with a colorful costume is Captain America who was also recently color muted. None of them have spandex. If you seriously think this is a good reason I would still say its stupid to think of workarounds to specifically avoid saying it that come off as more stupid. "cringey" lost all meaning, I have never once cringed saying it or reading an Avengers comic so I simply disagree. I dont know how you can even be on this board if you seriously cringe at the sight of them.
>>
>>77611293
Someone is smart enough to wear headphone. That she lost at some point.
>>
>>77611202
What does she have against the color purple?
>>
>>77611316
what
>>
File: 1424993115028.jpg (75 KB, 461x511) Image search: [Google]
1424993115028.jpg
75 KB, 461x511
>the jacket guy
>>
>>77611309
>The only person on the entire roster with a colorful costume is Captain America
And Iron Man
And Black widow with her flamboyant red hairs.
And Hawkeye is actually starting to wear purple.
And Hulk is fucking Green.

anyway, the point is, about the name, it might be considered Cringy.
>>
>>77611315
It's just weird, I'm five episodes in and Jessica doesn't really seem to be taking him being back all that seriously despite making a big deal over it and having all those ptsd flashbacks.
>>
>>77611365
She is taking a cautious approach. And Kilgrave is good at hiding.
>>
>>77611210
Oh yes because everyone loves gifted individuals. Not like anyone blames gifted people for the invasion.

Oh wait they do.

And licensing issues can be a possibility. Just because it is all Marvel doesn't mean they can use every Marvel IP available to them in everything. Some of it is so confused about who has the rights to what, and to what extent, on what medium, that sometimes they just have to err on the side of caution and just not mention stuff.

Also 'The Avengers' can't be the go to for every single little incident with powered people and what not. They are a single team for the whole world.

>>77611282
This series was always going to trigger tumblr. Despite a shit ton of stuff in the series has to do with stuff traditionally associated with Social Justice, it felt right and wasn't shoehorned.

Raising the question of who is ultimately responsible for the outcome that was Kilgrave was good. Especially given how much SJWs try to excuse criminal behavior from 'oppressed minorities' due to their upbringing or lack there of.

They are just buttmad because he is a cis white male being put in that position.
>>
File: 1319229129859.png (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1319229129859.png
18 KB, 400x400
>Bitches right?
>>
>>77611365
This anon >>77611379
has it right. You don't recklessly pursue a man that can make you kill yourself or anyone around you with his words alone, that also knows your coming.
>>
>>77611426
But she's not even really being cautious. The extent of her caution is finding a good moment to surprise attack, which is good, but does fuck all in the way of precautions. She knows how his powers work but never does anything to counter them let alone get her door a lock.
It just seems like she's not trying hard enough in proportion to how important getting him is to her.
>>
Was I the only one who felt genuinely bad for Simpson and thought it kind of bizarre how they kind of pulled a sudden U-Turn in terms of making him sympathetic? Regardless of his comic counterpart, I got the impression that he was a genuinely good person that just wound up getting seriously fucked up from a combination of wartime PTSD and some black ops military drug program.
>>
I like show so far, but I am not alone who thinks Daredevil is just better, right? It had better impact, better actors and holy shit choreography in this show sucks.

Ritter is like CW tier actress in a Daredevil show.
>>
>>77611467
I did too. And I think this was the intent of the series. Though him killing Not-Freeman was going a bit too far, imo.
>>
>>77611467
Me too m8, I hope he gets better and happy.
>>
>>77611462
No she doesn't know how his powers work. That was the whole point. All she knew by then was that talking to him in person face to face could give him control. Hence why she needed the drop on him.
>>
>>77611497
Well it makes sense the choreography for JJ would be basically non-existant since shes not a ninja like Matt.
But yeah I do agree its still shit and you can only watch her throw guys across the room so many times.
>>
>>77611522
Not the anon you are talking to, but the knowing kungfu or not, the fight scenes were for the most shit. Every time I saw someone flying, my suspension of disbelief took an hardblow.

The only good fight was Luke in the bar fight.
>>
>>77611519
She knows he has voice based mind control and can make people do things at specific triggers, that's enough to think up some counters which she doesn't seem to be capable of doing.
>>
>>77611565
She actually do. The first thing she do is find a weakness and try to find a way that nullify his power.
>>
The show was okay but nowhere near Daredevil level. Jess was casted badly and the only saving grace was Luke.
>>
>>77611565
she wasn't sure how much his voice was a factor rather than his desire. Once she figures out his voice is a needed catalyst is when she starts asking victims what his specific instructions where so she can find a loophole if there is one
>>
>>77611553
Yeah Luke's barfight was fucking excellent.

Though I find it odd that your suspension of disbelief ends when people start getting thrown around by people with super strength.

Thats like being able to accept that someone has unbreakable skin, but still doesn't think mind control is possible.

And yes the fights looked poorly choreographed, but that was the point. These people are just brawlers using their strength. Not ninjas like DD.

>>77611565
She knows those aspects but not all. It would be a dangerous assumption to think he doesn't have other stuff up his sleeve. And she did start on a counter early as >>77611587
pointed out.
>>
>>77611626
>Though I find it odd that your suspension of disbelief ends when people start getting thrown around by people with super strength.
Not him but that's not the point.
The momentum of every is just all wrong.
Doesn't look anything like people being thrown with super strenght.
>>
>I stole it
>I figured.
I loved junky Malcolm.
>>
>>77611651
I understand your point anon, but in comparison to what does it look unrealistic? Are we talking about the fights in Cap2 between Bucky and Cap?

I mean we don't really have IRL super strength fights to check its accuracy.
>>
>>77611626
>>77611651
Yes, this. >>77611651
It look like still cells being moved steady on a background.
>>
Man there are a lot of lesbians on this show.
>>
>have hypnosis/MC fetish
>mfw this show
>>
>>77611692
>to what does it look unrealistic?
An object moving according to ballistic laws. It's not that the body fly over that is a problem, it's about how they fly. They look like weightless dolls that have no power behind their thrown.
>>
>the anal part got into the show
Amazing.
>>
rip black cop
>>
>>77611729
Fair call. Would we chalk this up to laziness/oversight/incompetence or just cost/technical restrictions?

I think I might need to head off to sleep soon. I was already at the 18 hour mark when I started the marathon. And I finished that like 7 hours ago or something. I think I am at around 36 hours awake.
>>
>>77611762
>/v/irgins who think anything doggystyle must be anal
>>
>>77611781
Cost/technical restriction.
The show isn't about fights.

>>77611784
The after scene is straight up ripped out of the comics.
>>
>>77611764
Not-Freeman was my favorite character.
>>
File: 1445688177560.webm (2 MB, 854x360) Image search: [Google]
1445688177560.webm
2 MB, 854x360
Too bad they didn't have a better budget. I wanted her superpowers to look sort of MOSish, especially the jumping.
>>
>>77611784
Thanks for just making me realise that with his unbreakable skin, Luke Cage could be the ultimate power bottom and not have to worry about getting aids.
>>
>>77611794
Well, no comparison. Remove the super-speed and you have a good Jessica Jones brawler, there.
>>
Why didn't Jessica check and see if he had a tracker BEFORE arriving at the destination?
>>
>>77611794
Things MoS had unlike Jess: budget that must've been distributed throughout two hours movie.
>>
>>77611797
Well it's got Power in the name
>>
>>77611804
Killgrave's always been a loner as far as they knew. That he'd have bought 24/7 personal security for himself simply didn't occur to them.
>>
>>77611282
Eh, it was pretty weak in that regard.

I really was envisioning his origin being one of 68 or so subjects raised in captivity as some shady Hydra-esque facility experimented on them for superhuman trials. With the number growing smaller as the years went on and him revealing he did experience genuine love at one point. His fellow captives as they bonded and learned about the world together. With various horror stories on what was done to them...until that sudden day he counted 20 body backs taken from area D...and knew that there were only ever 20 kids there and that they were all going to be killed and manages to tap into his powers but its too late to save anyone and he never finds out who was behind any of it.

Now that would have been a more compelling character in the end. Really twist Jessica's emotions when dealing with him, how do you fight him? Do you really think he should be killed and not saved at this point or you just try to cut your losses?

That would have been fanfuckingtastic and infinitely better IMO than what we got. Keep his exploits the same but give him that background so you have this belief that maybe he can be fixed or saved.

>Imagine, Jessica. 67 children...no, 68.
>Every single day: injected, rejected, stabbed, prodded, carved, electrocuted, burned, spliced, frozen...
>Move the blocks with your mind #47. You can do it #47. Twist the metal with your hands #47. Start a fire with your eyes #47. If you can't cooperate we will introduce motivators #47-that's what they called pain.-Mate with the dog #47...
>>
>>77611815
Sadly, none of the budget was sed to make MoS a decent story.
>>
>>77611794
>Literally NOTHING for the actual flight moment
>It just cuts away and shows zip

What the fuck, that was embarrassing.
>>
>>77611834
Actually the idea he would have security did occur to them. They just didn't except them to be competent enough to have a tracker on their client at all times.

It was a genuine oversight on Jessica's part, though one that would be chalked up to the sheer overwhelming nature of what they were attempting combined with adrenaline and that urgency.
>>
>>77611851
>-Mate with the dog #47...
What the fuck anon?

I'm knot complaining though.
>>
>>77611908
>What the fuck anon?
Gotta test that genetic compatibility. Bet every subject with some really bizarre DNA
>>
>>77611851
What compels people like you to write such garabge?
>>
>>77609653
But also
>Fucks his crazy bitchy sister
At least he had that

>>77609663
When he was on the phone in that one scene I was like IS HE TALKING TO DANNY?? But then he said it was his bartender friend
and then later Kilgrave said IT WAS HIM
>>
>>77611851
>Imagining her hearing all that and watching video of that shit being done to him

Just damn, that would have been so great to watch. Episode 8 is actually a good enough premise for its own series. I guess Lucifer will be sort of like that, but not really, he's already a good guy by that point. Jessica and Killgrave adventures or their equivalent could have been real entertaining.
>>
>>77611921
That's actually fantastic compared to what we got. The show instead cheated us with him simply lying and just being abandoned at 10 and that was it with one throwaway line about it. They completely avoided and disregarded any kind of weight in his character and just firmly held him as simply "a bad guy" instead of a complex character.

>>77611931
Yep.
>>
>>77611921
Oh Bendis! Shouldn't you be asleep?
>>
where the fuck are the sexy gifs?
>>
>>77611927
There were two numbers on his call list when Jessica checked anon. The barman, and the phone that Kilgrave got off the rich homosexual.That was the one she 'traced'. Not poor Ron, who is out of the job.
>>
>>77611961
We can't endis the Bendis...yet. We have a crack team working on it.
>>
>>77611975
You will fail just like the team before you.
My powers grow ever stronger.
>>
>>77611921
Is that you, Bendis?
>>
>>77611851
Kilgrave needed more development, but what you're suggesting is not at all an interesting character. Just another bland sob story.
Then again, it's the same with this board thinking Reverse-Flash is not one-dimensional shitty villain because "HE WANTED TO GO HOME"
>>
>>77611282
Called it.
>>
>>77612020
Wrong on both counts.

He trapped himself, but Barry probably wrongs him in the future with 99.9% certain and ends up being the cause of Eobard causing so much pain for him with a cliche loop.

And it wouldn't be a sob story, like I said, keep his exploits the same. So even after all that shit was done to him he still just goes back to smiling after he yells about it that time and keeps trying to have people kill themselves etc. Let it be more emotional burdening upon Jessica, that shit is gold.

A suffering Jessica is a good Jessica, you're just dense.
>>
File: You've earned these.gif (2 MB, 352x199) Image search: [Google]
You've earned these.gif
2 MB, 352x199
>>77612043
This.
>>
>>77611058
>lesbian drama?
is all about control, anon. is part of the theme of the series.
>>
I just wanted to see Trinity try to get into Jessica's pants

WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS
>>
So wait no Bendis Cameo, right?

Stan Lee was there.
>>
>>77612043
>He trapped himself, but Barry probably wrongs him in the future with 99.9% certain and ends up being the cause of Eobard causing so much pain for him with a cliche loop.
And that doesn't change the fact that he's a shit character, you dunce.
>it wouldn't be a sob story, like I said, keep his exploits the same
No, it's still a sob story and it still leaves Kilgrave a shit character.
>>
>>77612110
Your intelligence is so poor that I am saddened by your existence.
>>
File: 1443588517085.jpg (28 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1443588517085.jpg
28 KB, 184x184
>>77612110
No to both, you're fucking dumb. You don't even make sense
>>
>>77612110
>No, it's still a sob story and it still leaves Kilgrave a shit character.
He already has a shit sobstory that diminishes him, did you even watch it?

This must be bait
>>
>>77612176
The sobstory was a lie, did you even watch it?
>>
>>77610981
The MCU is doing everything sequentially. That's why events in AoS only happen between movies and sometimes sets them up. It likely makes the multiple productions much easier and the entire universe simpler to maintain.
>>
>>77609481
14yo confirmed
>>
>>77612185
Part of it was lies, his parents did run out on him but that wasnt until he had a tantrum and made her mother burn herself.
He was right about 10 year olds having tantrums being typical
>>
>>77612145
>>77612150
Excellent counter-arguments. Would argue with again.
>>
>>77612185
>did you even watch it?
Not the part where they abandoned him when he was 10 years old without any clue as to what was going on with what he could do. You should probably watch it.
>>
>>77612226
So saying something is a shit character is a good argument...? Just how crazy and stupid are you? I'm honestly laughing at you.
>>
File: 1445912463498.png (444 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
1445912463498.png
444 KB, 500x584
>>77612226
Not sure if serious...or just on drugs
>>
>>77612240
>he was 10 years old without any clue as to what was going on with what he could do.
They knew what he could do.

You can briefly see it happening on the old videos where he commands them to stop doing that.

Anyway the parents where shit but Kevin was a lot shittier
>>
>>77611797

They made that a thing in the boys with Jack from Jupiter
>>
>>77612150
I'm sorry, who's that and where's she from?
>>
>>77612271
Anon was clearly talking about Kilgrave since that's what he says.
>>
>>77609481
>not whisky
>learn to jessica jones
>>
>>77612277
Bitch, you can't be serious.

That's fucking Hawkeye from Hawkeye. Also known as Hawkeye, she has a sidekick known as Clint Barton (Also Hawkeye)

Sometimes she's called Kate Bishop, sometimes. (She's practically an Avenger btw)

Go get Hawkeye Vol 1 and start reading.
>>
>>77612305
Alright, I know of her but didn't know what she looked like.
>>
>>77610931
Dat lighter
>>
>>77612271
>Anyway the parents where shit but Kevin was a lot shittier
I really hope you're aware of the correlation between parenting and personality, or you know, lack there of.

And these guys were amazing scientists that didn't realize all they had to do was take proper precautions around him in order to keep him and themselves safe?

Nah, dude, these guys fucking abandoned him instead of putting some fucking ear plugs in and learning sign language. Do you realize how fucking easy it is to learn sign language?
>>
>>77609509
>with the exception of naming him "Kevin" for some fucking reason
Ok, yeah, what was up with this? His name is fucking Zebediah.
>>
>>77611399
>Also 'The Avengers' can't be the go to for every single little incident with powered people and what not. They are a single team for the whole world.

This.

They exist to deal with global threats. A guy with mind control in Manhattan whose existence is dubious? They're not going to deal with that.
>>
What about Jessica sandwich costume?
>>
>>77612354
Had they gone there a ton of people including some of them might have died, also Black Widow and Scarlet Witch would have been raped.

...they should have gone there.
>>
>>77612249
Laugh without reason is a sign of an idiot.
Laugh all you want they are both shit characters. They're one-dimensional sociopaths, and sob-stories are a cheap and usually ineffective way to give a character some depth.

That's why even someone like comic Lucifer would be a more interesting character, because he's fleshed out. We get to understand how he thinks, his philosophy on the world and for all his deeds he actually feels believable.

With Reverse-Flash and Kilgrave we don't have that kind of insight. They're just fodder to be defeated with some cheap motivations tacked on. We get hints of actual character, but they're drowned in the character being less of a character and more of a plot point the protagonist needs to overcome.
>>
>>77612387
Requesting Black Widow and Scarlet Witch enjoying their time in bed with Kilgrave.
>>
>>77612387
>Scarlet Witch
>Mind controlled
>by this pleb
kek
>>
>>77612344
Some people just born evil, anon.
>>
>>77612393
So you're too stupid to see how expanding upon the complexity of the character is good for the character...really?

This is amazing, I'm really laughing at you.
>>
Just finished it

Nuke was absolutely correct. They should've killed Purple Man immediately after they captured him in the van
>>
>>77612393
>They're one-dimensional sociopaths
Eobard wasn't, we still don't know his story you moron. We already know Eobard will show up again later and that'll most likely be when we learn how Barry ruined his life and tried to kill/destroy him when he's an innocent man.
>>
>>77612424
but what about Hope?
>>
>>77612393
You're intellectually stunted.

It's okay for characters to have sad backgrounds, anon. Get over yourself and your ego.
>>
>>77612423
You're not expanding on anything, you fucking moron. You just assume that a shitty sob-story makes a character more complex which is an idiotic notion.
>>
>>77612450
>Still too stupid to understand that it was about burdening Jessica with more emotional turmoil and not Kilgrave even though this was LITERALLY spelled out for you

Wow, I can say with absolute certainty that you are a stupid human being.
>>
File: 1445285799265.jpg (77 KB, 422x299) Image search: [Google]
1445285799265.jpg
77 KB, 422x299
>>77612450
Did you even graduate high school? You sound retarded.
>>
>>77612450

I'm going to be real with you for a moment, anon. You need to step away from your computer or whatever you're using to post here and go do something else. It's what's best for you. At the moment you are just embarrassing yourself and you don't need to do that.
>>
>>77612450
List things that make a character more complex.
>>
>>77612393
Really? Lucifer is an example of a character? Are you 16?

Fleshed out characters act upon their personal drive and motives. Fleshed out characters are characters first, their symbolic image should be subtle and in the background.

An excellent example of this would be Jack Murdock.
>>
>>77612525
interesting powers for one
>>
>>77612525
Drugs, booze, hookers, normal women betraying you. All these things are deep, getting tortured is baby shit.
>>
>>77612449
No one says it's not, you worthless retard. Just that it doesn't make a character more complex. Jesus Christ, why am I surrounded by fucking morons?
>>77612463
Jesus Christ, shut up already you fucking retard. Don't even try to backpedal.
>They completely avoided and disregarded any kind of weight in his character and just firmly held him as simply "a bad guy" instead of a complex character.
Your idiotic fanfiction would've had him as "a bad guy" regardless, only with a shitty sob-story.
Giving Jessica more emotional turnoil would've worked even without your badly-written garbage had the writers been good and turned him into an actual character rather than a someone the viewer would want to hate.
Shocking, I know.

>>77612475
>>77612487
Ebin. Simply ebin. How about you kill yourself instead?
>>
>>77612540
I don't have a big enough 'what' for this
>>
>main female femanist protagonist
Check
>main female white protagonist black love interest
Check
>black love interest is highly intelligent, well mannered and the voice of reason
Check
>gay couples everywhere
Check
>gay marriage
Check
>all white male characters appear to be weak or foolish
Check
>rape is the worst thing to happen to the main protagonist and the main source of evil
Check

Is this the most SJW show ever to appear on TV?
>>
Is this a good show?
>>
>>77612540
Ebin shitpost.
>>77612532
>I've never read Mike Carey's Lucifer.
He does act upon his personal drive and motives, you fucking retard and he is an actual character. That's why I'm holding him above a shit "character" like Kilgrave.
>>
>>77612548

Except that's not a shitty sob-story, it's an incredible one. How many people get fucking experimented upon from birth and forced to undergo all sorts of inhumane shit? That's the sob-story that makes a room go quiet and people rethink their lives and question whether or not they have any reason to complain about their own flimsy problems. And as mentioned it was meant to weigh heavily on Jessica and further traumatize her, that this person that she's demonized is actually not so different from her, just another chain in the great ever weaving links of people being wronged and wronging others.

But alas you are merely a troll.
>>
>>77612538
Expected and superficial

>>77612540
>drugs, booze, hookers, normal women betraying you
Sob stories. next
>>
>>77612568
Watch it for Kilgrave.
>>
>>77612570
>>77612548
Ouch, your ego is an ugly thing. You're one embarrassing neckbeard. It's amusing since you're clueless about what you're attempting to discuss, I might even say you are indeed a trolling attempt taking itself too seriously.
>>
>>77612564
>butthurt cisgendered white male who gets off on diaper fetish bullshit with his sister
>>
How does this scale against

Daredevil
Agents of Shield
Flash
Arrow
Supergirl?
>>
>>77611287

How come you gotta suck your own dick so hard in front of so many people?

It's licentious.
>>
>>77612571
>That's the sob-story that makes a room go quiet and people rethink their lives and question whether or not they have any reason to complain about their own flimsy problems
No, it doesn't. Literally no one cares, and it only seems like a weak and idiotic way to make the character more sympathetic.
That's why Monster is such a piece of shit manga. Because they took the most one-dimensional villain possible and tried to make him sympathetic by the same "he was experimented on" shit.
>>
>>77612604
I think Daredevil's better
>>
File: 2015_03_27_black_widow.jpg (2 MB, 1400x2947) Image search: [Google]
2015_03_27_black_widow.jpg
2 MB, 1400x2947
>>77611341
>And Black widow with her flamboyant red hairs.
>>
>>77612604
Daredevil > Jessica Jones > Agents of shield = Flash >> supergirl
>>
>>77612594
He's one of those idiots that's imagined all sorts of complexity and BS for his favored work and he's invented/deluded himself into believing it it is there when it never was.
>>
Worse than Daredevil and Flash

Better than Arrow and Shield

Waaaay better than Supergirl
>>
ON A FUCKING BROKEN WIRE

WHYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>77612613
>Can't see the problem is his own opinions and taste
You are the evil, anon.
>>
>>77612622
You can stop samefagging now.
>>
>>77612604
Honestly, I think Jessica Jones is better. All the characters are way more well-rounded and the story is just better. Most people here would prefer Daredevil because that story was straight forward and it had a lot more action.
>>
>>77612604
Daredevil > Jessica Jones > Agents of Shield > Agent Carter
I haven't seen any of the DC shows.
>>
File: 1429156391118.jpg (28 KB, 403x378) Image search: [Google]
1429156391118.jpg
28 KB, 403x378
>>77612564

I thought the EXACT same thing
>>
>>77612662
Bane?
>>
>>77612640
>Multiple people can't see how stupid I am!
Heh.
>>
>>77612570
Ok kid, obviously you can't grasp the difference between personality and personification.

That's cool, you'll grow up someday and you'll get it.
>>
Anyone else think the music at times was just completely inappropriate? Kind of destroyed the atmosphere at a few points.
>>
Are MCU villains cursed to be shit or something?
>Fisk was promised to be threatening
>pitiful autistic manchild who backs down like a bitch when one of his associates talks shit to him
>Ultron is promised to be threatening
>is ineffectual as fuck and more of a comedic relief
>Purple Man is supposed to be threatening
>ruined by Tennant's stupid face and shitty acting
>>
File: 1446484275249.jpg (53 KB, 471x661) Image search: [Google]
1446484275249.jpg
53 KB, 471x661
>>77612640
Nice try, but nope.
>>
>>77611851
this fanfiction is pretty shite m8, the sobstory we got was more than enough.
>>
>>77612677
I dunno I thought fisk was pretty scary.
>>
>>77612681
Nah, that was great. And we only got a single line, that's hardly anything. Also stop making it clear how mad you are, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>77612667
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>77612604
JJ > Daredevil > Flash

I havent kept up with AoS, Arrow, and Supergirl so i don't know.

iZombie remains the GOAT comic based show though.
>>
>>77612677
Man what is your problem with Tennants face? Did your ex like DW or something?
>>
>>77612677
>Are MCU villains cursed to be shit?
Yes
>>
File: 1438155104822.png (306 KB, 473x523) Image search: [Google]
1438155104822.png
306 KB, 473x523
>>77612681
>>77612681
Disagree completely, it's way better than what we got in the show.

Also stop samefagging.
>>
>>77612677
>shitty acting
name one scene
>>
>>77612698

get this hot head out of here
>>
>>77612676
>showrunner worked on Dexter
Well, that show used an inappropriately giddy melody in moments that are supposed to be tense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqPg3KwakY
Good to know the trend continues here.
>>
>>77612677
>>ruined by Tennant's stupid face and shitty acting
Oh, it's you again.
>>
File: 1442374198910.jpg (25 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
1442374198910.jpg
25 KB, 529x399
>>77612693
i'm not the autist you've been arguing with pal, i think he's wrong too since both Eobard and Kilgrave are good characters.
>>
>>77612700
That it's fucking hilarious to look at and makes PM look like a bitch than a threatening villain?
Michael Pitt would've been better, anyway.
>>77612708
All of them. He's at Jack Nicholson of overacting with none of Nicholson's charm.
>>
>>77612726
Sure, buddy, sure.
>>
>>77612705
go to FF.net and write your garbage there
>>
>>77612732
*Jack Nicholson levels
>>
>>77612732
Subjective, bro.
>>
File: 1443066104646.jpg (170 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443066104646.jpg
170 KB, 640x480
>>77612739
You're so transparent.
>>
File: 1439368482259.jpg (62 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1439368482259.jpg
62 KB, 719x719
>>77612733
>everyone criticizing my writing is the same guy

a better way to add more complexity to purple man would be to have him do good things instead of just adding to his sadstory a bloo bloo background.

Kilgrave was irredeemable though and thats fine. those villains are fine.
>>
>>77612636
Are you actually defending Monster?
You might be the one with shit taste.
>>
I absolutely loved Patsy in this. She was a better Carol than the one we're going to get on screen, the actress was just phenomenal.

I wouldn't even mind if they retconned her into Jess' life in the books, that's how much I loved her.
>>
File: 1448064939111.jpg (167 KB, 696x960) Image search: [Google]
1448064939111.jpg
167 KB, 696x960
>>77612803
no one can deny that Trish is best girl.
>>
File: Kilgrave.png (287 KB, 472x431) Image search: [Google]
Kilgrave.png
287 KB, 472x431
>>77612748
I can forgive hammy acting, fine. I don't like it but it's expected from cape comic adaptation.
But let the character look creepy. You can still be a psycho manchild and not perpetually look like you shat yourself.
>>
>>77612831
Did Tennant fuck your wife?
>>
>>77612847
Oh, come on. Don't tell me he doesn't look silly which ruins his image of a serious threat.
>>
>>77612824
Thats a funny way of spelling Pam
>>
>>77612831
Being overly serious and drab has been the new hammy for a while.
>>
>>77612857
He doesn't look silly. You only think that because of DW.
>>
Jessica Jones taught me what I already knew.

Lesbians, for the most part, are evil and demented.
>>
>>77612959
Abusive, don't forget abusive.
>>
So where was the Daredevil cameo? Did I completely miss it or is there even such a thing?
>>
>>77612988
There wasn't one unless I missed it too.
>>
>>77612953
I never even saw Doctor Who m8. His facial expressions are just dumb-looking.
>>77612947
No one said he should be "serious and drab".
You can be hammy as fuck and not look like a bitch.
>>
>Purple Man is not a slavshit
Come on, it would make more sense for a slav(e) to be a rapist and a psychopath. They all are, after all.
>>
>>77612564
No, it's not. It's simply like the comic.
>>
>>77612677
>>pitiful autistic manchild who backs down like a bitch when one of his associates talks shit to him
Except that's not how Fisk is at all.
>>is ineffectual as fuck and more of a comedic relief
Ultron is an unstoppable force up until the end.
>>ruined by Tennant's stupid face and shitty acting
Kilgrave was fucking great.
>>
>>77611851
Ewy
>>
>>77612988
>>77613008
The nurse who takes care of Luke Cage was the same nurse who took care of Daredevil.
>>
>Jessica is the only contact in the junkie's phone

Holy shit that hurt
>>
>>77612768
It also seems like hes responding to his own post and patting himself on the back
>>
>>77613181
Yeah but Cox is listed in the cast on imdb so I thought he flashed his buttocks somewhere. I noticed Nurse straight away of course.
>>
File: Brett-Mahoney-Matt-Murdock.jpg (358 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Brett-Mahoney-Matt-Murdock.jpg
358 KB, 1280x720
>>77613181
Mahoney also makes an appearance. He is the cop who un-cuffs Jessica at the precinct.
>>
>>77612676
I think the noir theme they were going for in general really detracted from the show. I get she's a PI but the narration was awful and a lot of the jazz music didn't fit.
>>
Just finished. I was a little disappointed about him not being purple and the "Kevin" bullshit, but they made up for it when they gave me a red.
>>
>>77612203
>The MCU is doing everything sequentially.

Luke Cage's series happens before Jessica Jones though.
>>
>>77612346
>Ok, yeah, what was up with this? His name is fucking Zebediah.

There can be others
>>
>>77613363
Before and after.
>>
>>77612444

Sucks to be Hope, she died anyway.

Quantifiably, if Nuke had been allowed to off Killgrave earlier, significantly fewer people would have died. I can't recall the exact timeline, but Reuben would have lived I think. And the self-help group.
>>
>>77609175
This was a very shitty show coming of the heals of Dare Devil

I felt like this would be in the same lineup as gotham, flash and supergirl.

at times it got dark but in an edgy way. DareDevil atleast had good fight scenes and you could watch him get damaged.

Jessica also came out of this underdeveloped as fuck
>>
>>77613379
Like David Tennant clones/a twin or other experimental children?
Kilgrave is going to be revived though, right? The thought of Kingpin and Kilgrave working together or even against each other is exciting.
>>
Luke is too good for Jessica. She doesn't deserve him.
>>
>>77612881
Pam didn't deserve her suffering.
>>
>>77613435
After he died in the comics he came back and was revealed to have a healing factor, so there's precedent.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.