[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The TASM duology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: spider.jpg (121 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
121 KB, 1280x853
Be honest...
Is it actually that bad? Or it was the hype that killed it? Do you think this will still be the best Spider-Man adaptation even after the MCU reboot?
>>
>>77604584
MCU will be best.
>>
I fuckin saw this movie at the theaters. Cried when gwen died. Thought it was amazing. Better than all 7 wolverine movies.
Just behind Road to perdition.
>>
>>77604584
2>1>3>A1>A2
>>
Also, do you think they should have ended this movie with the cooperation of Marvel Studios instead of rebooting it?
>>
It spent more time building up a Spider Man Cinematic Universe than it did being a Spider Man movie.
>>
>>77604584
It was pretty shit, but I think that's mainly because the Raimi ones held a soft spot in peoples hearts.
>>
>>77604584
>still be
Spider-Man was better than TASM
>>
>>77604584
>Is it actually that bad?

Yes. ASM1 is a decompressed mess that spins its wheels to reintroduce Spider-Man, again, with little to offer other than more comedy from Peter and mechanical webshooters. But its gritty Dark Knight imagery and slapstick humor made it tonally unbalanced.

>Or it was the hype that killed it

ASM2 was a fucking trainwreck of plot. The producers forgot that just because anything can happen doesn't mean everything needed to happen. It was an unfocused mess designed by committee.

> Do you think this will still be the best Spider-Man adaptation even after the MCU reboot?

It's not even the best right now.
>>
First was mediocre but watchable and nothing too offensive other than the shit suit and some dialogue, the second was laughably bad.
>>
File: spider-man16.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spider-man16.jpg
111 KB, 1920x1080
>>77604651
>cried when gwen died
i was literally bouncing on my seat in anticipation, hoping beyond hope that this time they would actually do the night gwen stacy died right even though emma stone was so damn marketable.
>>
File: Bravo Franco.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bravo Franco.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>77604584
>Is it actually that bad?
ASM2 is. I would say its probably in the top 5 worst comic book movies of the last 15 years.

ASM1 is whatever. Its got a lot of pacing issues and weak plot elements, but its overall okay, certainly watchable. I can understand why someone would like it over the Raimi films.

But goddamn, ASM2 is a fucking mess. It literally feels like 10 different scripts smooched together and it doesn't even feel related tonally to the previous film.
>>
>>77604651
The web turning into a hand, the bounce and the tiny bloody nose = death made that scene fucking hilarious.
>>
I can't vouch for 1 but 2 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, superhero or not. Andrew Garfield was just a dopey crybaby who spent his time as Peter Parker either crying, looking a little slow, or seeing the ghost of Denis Leary giving him a "better not be railing my daughter" look. I really enjoyed Paul Giamatti hamming it up as The Rhino though, and Garfield was definitely better as Spider-Man with his quips and whatnot. It's just that moments like those are so very far and few in between. Also when the broadway Green Goblin has more integrity and merit than your studio produced costume that was made for a feature length worldwide released movie, you fucked up. Electro was also complete garbage. I'd say ASM2 is a 5/10, completely middle of the road and instantly forgettable when you balance out the best and the worst of it.
>>
>>77604584
First one is easily the best spiderman flick to date. Never seen the second one but most people consider it a piece of shit.
>>
File: henhen.jpg (40 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
henhen.jpg
40 KB, 960x720
>>77604664
/thread
>>
>>77604664
Lose the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>77604913
>just that
How about "dramatic" slo-mo and cheesy "sad" music? How about even cheesier special effect for "SNAP"?

It was the funniest death scene I've seen all year.
>>
>>77604982
You're right.
2 > 1 > ASM1 > 3 > ASM2
>>
>>77604584
Spider Man 2 is arguably one of the top 5 comic movie to date.
MCU reboot will have it's work cut out for it
>>
>>77604664
2>1>A1>A2>3
>>
File: 1377208580418.png (333 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
1377208580418.png
333 KB, 579x527
>>77604982
>>
>>77604584
It was legitimately that bad. I had no expectations and still hated it, I knew nothing of the internet perception and hated it.
>>
>>77604664
/thread

>>77604982
Thread's over.
>>
>>77604584
ASM1 was just sort of mediocre.
ASM2 was dreadful. I mean absolutely abhorrent. It was dog shit basically .
>>
>>77604584
I favorite part was how only the straight white male Peter Parker could be Spider-Man, mis meaning no people of color or women could be Spidey. After all, it was his DESTINY!!!! It was his BLOODLINE!!!! Because when I think of Spider-Man, I totally don't think that anyone can be Spider-Man under the mask. Nope, only Straight White Peter Parker. And I'm glad they made sure to take off his mask a hundred times to remind us all that Spidey is a pure white straight male and not some disgusting minority. Thank you, Sony, you bigots.
>>
>>77604584
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzW9dSEx6I
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hfXWZmtJzXA
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1mnSUCqDY
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1qaUC6jErag
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CnzEorAkY
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ljuPkqkXKUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJUk8ZHckxo
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2012/07/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-the-amazing-spider-man-has-99-problems-but-an-uncle-be
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/05/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulks-237-burning-questions-for-the-amazing-spider-man
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XW3DwpUGkbw
*mic drop*
>>
>>77604627
Trust in the Feige.
>>
>>77606554
>>>/t/u/m/blr/
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: the man with no taste.jpg (66 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
the man with no taste.jpg
66 KB, 800x449
>>77604651

I'll give you some of the later Wolverine movies, but

>Thinking TASM2 is better than the first two X-Men movies
>>
>>77605013
/thread
>>
>>77604784
Agree. The first was forgettable, but wasn't too bad.
The second one was a comedy.
>>
The first was bland and forgettable. That's not to say it was bad. It was a completely average superhero movie and nothing about it really stood out. THere was nothing too terrible about it and nothing great about it either.

The second one was actually memorable because of how awful it was. The entire movie was a fucking train-wreck, I think it was almost as bad as Fan4stic honestly.
>>
>>77608584

At least Tranktastic had an excuse for why it doesn't work as a movie.

ASM2 doesn't. No cut of that movie would be good, producer oversight or no.
>>
man i loved that Rhino fight, whole 15 seconds of it!
>>
The only thing that was good out of the whole mess was Spidey's suit in ASM2.
>>
ASM1 > SM1 > SM2 >SM2 = ASM2
>>
>>77608902

ASM1 is Spider-Man 1 with all the quality direction and acting taken out. It's almost the exact same fucking story told ten times worse.

I can't believe Webb managed to write a scene worst then the " U MESS WIT ONE OF US" scene in SM1, but that crane scene was embarrassing. At least in SM1 there was post-9/11 cultural context, Webb is just a weapons-grade hack.
>>
loved em. 2 just needed to just be 1 villain tho. garfield is spiderman. stone is stacey. they were fantastic. awesome shit.

death scene was epic. i loved the web hand. most "comic" imagery since the first Hulk's paneling. asm2 ending against Rhino was beautiful, loved the kid interactions.
>>
>>77606554
This, a thousand times this

Especially the Red Letter Media ones (RLM is literally never wrong)
>>
>>77607971
>disagreeing with red letter media
Let me guess, they gave your favorite movie a shitty review (because it was shitty) and you can't handle the truth?
>>
>>77609766
>>77609739
>reddit letter media shills
>>
>>77604584
I will forever hold it over the Raimi Trilogy. Also SM1 > SM2
>>
>>77604779
>But its gritty Dark Knight imagery and slapstick humor made it tonally unbalanced.
Read a comic
>>
>>77606367
But white people are better in everything so it makes sense spider man is a white.
>>
>>77604664
a1>a1>>>>>>>>1=2=3

raimi movies were utter shit only the most severe of nostalgiafags enjoy
>>
The mistake they made was releasing the films while the MCU was doing well. Everyone just assumed that if they hated it enough that big daddy disney would get the rights back.

Made it very easy for everyone to hate it because they could all see the payoff for hating it. Meaning even people that would normally say nothing about this quality of film would voice their displeasure.
>>
>Spider-Man 3 sucked
>Amazing sucked
>Amazing 2 sucked
It's been over a decade since we've had a good Spidey film. MCU, save us. We're desperate.
>>
I liked TASM 1 and 2 a lot. It did build up future films a little too much, but not any worse than any MCU film after TIH. Garfield was a better Spider-Man and Peter Parker than Toby was. Despite a goofy looking Lizard and a generally bad Green Goblin, everything else was better as well. I hate Mary Jane as a character and I mostly hate Kirsten Dunst as an actress so that ruined the shit out of the Raimi films for me.

As it stands TAS 2 > 2 > TAS > 1 > 3

I do have high hopes for MCU Spidey though.
>>
>>77609851
We've never had a good Spidey film. SM2 is one of the single most overrated films this century.
>>
>>77609873
>Toby is a horrible Peter Parker
>Toby is a horrible Spider-Man
>Kirsten is a horrible Mary Jane
>organic webbing
>corny as FUCK writing
>Toby
>>
>>77609909
mah nigga
>>
There were parts that were really good and parts that were awful. It doesn't take a keen eye to see all of the Sony meddling. It's sad that Sony doesn't know what to do with its great franchises anymore and just plasters them with ads and schlocky action set pieces.
>>
>>77609873
I swear it's just the train scene that had people walk away from the movie thinking it was good. I was like thirteen when it came out and still walked away wanting my money back.
>>
>>77609918
A rare breed anon. As a diehard Spidey fan as a fucking child I tried REALLY hard to like the Raimi films by the time they came out and it was an all out downhill ride.
>>
>>77609956
And horrible writing, and horrible casting, and horrible acting. Ock was aight.
>>
>>77604664
There it is gentlemen
>>
>>77609961
I liked them as a child. But as I grew up, developed proper tastes, and came back to them all I could think was meh.

Now my fondest association with them is getting my first blowjob in a theater watching Spiderman 3.
>>
>>77610171
"The I only saw the movies once as a child with the mind of a casual" opinion
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.