[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CTN Expo Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Anyone else here? Anyone going to be there this weekend?

I know there's animators in training and talented artists here.
>>
no one even knows what this is?
>>
>>77604252
I know what it is. All the "elite" students from my school is going (people with money and time).

I could say I'm jealous, but I'm more angry that even if I surpass those students in skill I can't afford to go.

Perks of being born in Cali I guess.
>>
>>77606069
Yeah, California is pretty great.
>>
>>77606162
I don't like it here desu, I wanna go home. But I have to finish my degree.
>>
CTN expo is too fucking expensive and its an over-hyped con for animation students. I joined their volunteer list once in college and I haven't been able to get off of their spammy email chains since cause their website is shit. they also cant seem to manage to list their vendors or panels and exhibits until like 2 weeks before the event cause they suck. Its a predatory let down convention for animation students that may offer real advice but I've never heard of anyone getting a job from going. Coincidentally Design con and Cosplay Con are both happening this same weekend and tickets for both of those cons COMBINED are literally less than half the price for a 1 day pass at CTN
>>
>>77607021
Oh, it is not that expensive. People pay more for shitty video games than they do tickets for CTN.
>>
Did anyone go to the Zootopia panel? Waited an hour and a half but it was worth it. The two clips they showed were hilarious
>>
>>77608426
Yeah, loved the DMV scene. So clever.
>>
>>77607021
I know someone who apparently got a job at Blizzard through CTN. But I don't know if I'm confusing that with another contact that same person got through CalArts.

>>77606069
In my school is only people with money. Some with good skills, and others with only mediocre stuff that really go to waste time and resources; while some of my comrades with real talent and skill can't go cause money or fucking finals to say the least.
>>
a few friends of mine are going

i'm planning on going in a few years when i'm about to graduate animation school
>>
>>77603504
I know a few people who travel all the way to the US (loong, expensive flight) just to go there and, I guess, mingle? listen to lectures? Usually ones who are considered hotshots in the local animation scene but are nothing compared to the talent over there.
>>
I have friends who have gone, teachers who go, and most people I follow on instagram set up booths there.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.