[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spectre thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: spectre.jpg (57 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
spectre.jpg
57 KB, 600x300
After getting current with Gotham by Midnight I have an itch for more of the vengeful green giant. Since the rec reading page won't work figured I'd come to the source and try to get a good place to start.
>>
Ostrander's run from the 90s

probably the classic stuff whenever it was
>>
File: The Spectre.jpg (248 KB, 500x777) Image search: [Google]
The Spectre.jpg
248 KB, 500x777
Read the John Ostrander run
>>
>>77601674
Ostrander's run is what you'll get recommended the most. It's very good, try it out.
Also, on the comraderecs tumblr, I advise you to use the search function instead of the links. Those links are pretty old, and the ones that'll appear in the search results are updated links.
>>
>>77601697
>>77601699
>>77601739
Yeah that's the one I've heard the most. Out of curiosity what issues was Hal spectre?
>>
>>77601785
That was DeMatteis's run from 2001 - 2003.
Couldn't really recommend it since I haven't read it.
>>
>>77601830
Thanks man. Everything I've read with DeMatteis I've liked, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>77601699
Second
>>
File: Spectre reclist 2.png (906 KB, 1412x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spectre reclist 2.png
906 KB, 1412x1080
>>77601674

>>77601830
I've read it and i loved it

>>77601785
it was Spectre vol 4 1-27 but he had a handful of other DeMatteis written appearances at the Spectre too
>>
>>77601674

Spectre's actually had several sizable runs that are totally worth reading. If you can track down his Golden Age comics, they very much hold up today and I recommend those, in addition to Ostrander's run and DeMatteis' run.
>>
Along with Ostrander's actual Spectre run, he had a cameo appearance in Ostrander's Martian Manhunter run as both Corrigan and Hal version
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.