[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones Live talkback thread #3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
Patsy Walker Edition
https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80002311
>>
Thread 1
>>77588085

Thread 2
>>77593494
>>
Show gets good after the Malcolm reveal and Kilgrave asks for selfies
>>
So who's going to be the villain for season 2?

Jessica really only has one villain.
>>
Wait, is that the girl from Transformers? I remember having a crush on her.
>>
File: Malcolm_Powder.jpg (416 KB, 748x1941) Image search: [Google]
Malcolm_Powder.jpg
416 KB, 748x1941
>>77601323
Is it just me or does Malcolm look VERY familiar?
>>
>>77601387
I guess it's OC time
>>
So is Patsy great? my biggest worry
>>
is the entire season available at once?
>>
>>77601389
He's Black-Spark-Ward
>>
>>77601389
Power Rangers and the Originals
>>
Currently at Episode 9:

[spoile]Give me a red.[/spoiler]

This fucking show.
>>
>>77601407
Yes, like every Netflix series. They let it out all at once
>>
>>77601387
She'll join Heroes for Hire so mo S2 but we'll get a Patsy show
>>
>>77601387
They're going to waste Nuke on her, better to steal one of Daredevil's big wins because Jessica does absolutely nothing of importance.
>>
I just can't bring myself to care.
>>
>>77601430
If Heroes for Hire includes Misty Knight and Colleen Wing it won't be kind to Jessica. She'll look like a crazy goth hobo compared to those two.
>>
>>77601437
well netflix only asked for one season
so i guess she's going to share some spots in luke cage/the defenders.
>>
File: Ranger Operator Series Red.jpg (13 KB, 350x175) Image search: [Google]
Ranger Operator Series Red.jpg
13 KB, 350x175
>>77601416
I was about to say Power Rangers RPM, but you got to it before I could
>>
So, episode two, right? Killgrave is back and the police is interrogating Jessica, right? Why not just say "Hey, there's a guy with mindcontrol powers, the world is full of people with powers and everyone knows it, I have powers too, there's no reason to doubt this. Get the Avengers on this shit, or at least SHIELD"

I mean, maybe Jessica doesn't know about SHIELD, but asking for the Avengers would eventually lead the issue to them.

I KNOW why they don't get involved, but there needs to be some explanation for it in-universe. That's the cross that these connected universes have to bear.
>>
did they get the kids out of the closet
>>
>>77601387
>>77601398

They have an opening for several things:

{spoiler]IGH and Nuke, villains from Luke Cage like Cottonmouth, maybe some other Daredevil villains like the Owl (Junior), or some Iron Fist villains like Steel Serpent, etc, etc[/spoiler]
>>
>>77601460
Everyone is getting one season to start, but they'll announce more if it does well. Like, Daredevil's 2nd season got greenlit a day or two after the first season dropped.
>>
whats the verdict my nigs
>>
>>77601518
Patsy best girl.
>>
>>77601485
>but asking for the Avengers would eventually lead the issue to them.

The Avengers do not have a mansion anyone can just walk into.

Tony Stark is a distant weirdo, Thor if offworld, Cap is on mission, Widow and Hawkeye are off the grid, Hulk is far too unsubtle, so no, "Let's call the Avengers" is not viable.
>>
>>77601518
It's good. Lesbain lawyer best girl
>>77601537
disregard this guy
>>
>>77601485
They do talk about this.
All the crazy and stupid people are blaming supers for their crimes/mistakes. It's become nearly impossible to discern legitimate crimes when crazy people are saying that people with red, glowing eyes are telling them to knock over gas stations.
>>
So, i guess the most glaring difference between the fights in DD and JJ...

Jessica is a horrible sloppy brawler who relies on being super strong with literally zero fineness. Which is why the fights are so bad.
>>
>>77601518
It's good. Probably in the B+ area.
>>
>>77601485
no

and it is complete bullshit to say stuff like this is only a shared universe things.

You can take literally any action, or hell, simply any genre films, and ask questions like that.
>>
>>77601542
There's litterally a gigantic tower with their logo on top of it. They can give whatever excuse they want to not get them involved "Oh, if the Purple Man controls one of them shit will get rough," but it feels like the thought show at least me mentioned.
>>
>>77601485
I chose to believe that Jessica was probably smart enough to realize that leading the most powerful people on earth straight to Kilgrave is probably a pretty bad idea. Bad enough that he can immediately take control of the NYPD, if he could get a hold of any one of the avengers she wouldn't be able to stop them.
>>
>>77601453
She already looks like that though. I thought they did a great job making Ritter constantly look like a greasy paranoid creep.
>>
EPISODE 9 IS THE HYPEST SHIT IN THE HISTORY OF HYPE.
>>
>>77601592
Look in the show man, Avengers Tower doesn't exist.
>>
>>77601518
As of ep 7.
Jessicas actress is meh. Not as good as Cox as Matt.
Luke seems fine so far. Im expecting him to be better in his own series.
Tennant carries the series for the most part once he arrives.
Effects are shit but theyre so unimportant it doesnt matter

Overall its fine and better than most capeshit but not as good as DD IMO
>>
>>77601634
What? How? Did they just fuck up and didn't insert it there?
>>
So who or what is going to be a big enough threat to bring Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron First (if not Punisher and Electra, among others) together, but small enough that SHIELD and the Avengers can't/won't give a shit?
I doubt Kingpin alone would warrant such a team-up.
>>
File: tumblr_m1v6to9cmP1r0xglco1_500.jpg (56 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1v6to9cmP1r0xglco1_500.jpg
56 KB, 500x338
>>77601389
>>
>>77601634
Yeah, but that could also be due the fiery split between Marvel movie and tv divisionn.
>>
>>77601650

Ego the Living Planet strikes at exactly the moment the Avengers and Shield are busy.
>>
>>77601650
Just going by what's been introduced in DD/JJ you have the war between the Hand and the Chaste, Shadowland, K'un L'un shenanigans, rogue super-soldier program, those kids who were experimented on/purple children not to mention individual villains that could show up. The Defenders typically deal with mystical crises though so if it's probably not going to be another alien invasion.
>>
/tv/ is right about this show
>>
>>77601591
Yes, "why the authorities don't get involved" is a fair question that gets ignored in most movies, but the anon there was referring specifically to this case where there are established superheroes in the world, it's no less a valid point just because it's a common one.
>>
>>77601741
okay
>>
>>77601485
That'd be like saying
>hey, there's a mob boss harassing my family, call in the US Military, I want tanks on this thing

It's overkill
>>
>>77601741
>/tv/ is right
>about anything
>ever

That'll be the day
>>
I think Hogarth should get her own show
>>
>>77601741
>/tv/ is right about this show

I'm guessing they really want to fuck young Patsy Walker's feet.

That's about the norm for /tv/
>>
2 YEARS FROM RETIREMENT
Man, fuck this guy.
>>
>>77601803
She'll be in Iron Fist.
The question is if Iron Fist'll be a movie or a series
>>
>>77601803
>You want the death of a thousand cuts? Here, get started!
>>
>>77601843
she lives, and goes right back to work
>>
>>77601741
That /tv/ thread is pure cancer, like the rest of the board.
>>
>>77601493
Was wondering the same thing.
>>
>>77601727
I don't know, I'd love to see a teamup of all the villains from the shows, sorta like a Masters of Evil thing since I don't think the movies will be able to get to them properly, though apparently that'd be a bit hard to do by the end of JJ
>inb4 they go Shadowland and make DD get possessed into being a total asshole killer that the others have to stop
>>
>>77601840
>The question is if Iron Fist'll be a movie or a series
What kind of stupid ass question is that?
They're either going to cancel it, or they're going to make a series. There's not much reason to make it a movie.
>>
>>77601803

I hope Danny still regards Hogarth has his beloved family lawyer, completely ignorant of all the crazy shit she was involved with.
>>
Luke Cage is filming the now right?
Hopefully the Danny casting leaks soon.
Have they announced the casting Misty and Colleen yet?
>>
>>77601493
He had a 12 hour time limit on his powers, so after that they would be able to leave the closet on their own.
Now, whether or not Kilgrave killed the parents is up for debate, but he probably did.
>>
>>77601907

They're still tied up with the race thing and IF.
>>
Just finished watching, overall I thought it was pretty solid, maybe a B or B+. Some characters could have been removed or had their importance diminished, like Simpson and the weird redhead girl, but overall I liked it. I thought Ritter was pretty strong in this, but Tenant and whoever played Luke Cage were much more charismatic. The third act was a mixed bag, some stuff I really liked and other things were handled sloppily. The ending felt a little off to me, though I couldn't tell you why. There didn't seem to be a big sense of closure, just the beginning of whatever netflix series is set to immediately follow this one.

Overall, still enjoyed this. Thought it dealt with PTSD very well, and outside those two aforementioned characters, i felt each characters had a sense of growth that was intelligent and engaging.
>>
>>77601926
Rumor has it that Marvel has no idea how to make IF into a show, and they may end up canning it and replace him with Punisher.
>>
>>77601907
Iron Fist needs effects and theres currently rumors they'll make a Netflix movie for him. They're too deep into it with Luke and Crow Mother to not have him appear now

>>77601937
Its nothing to do with the race thing
>>
>>77601944
The current rumor also states having an IF Netflix movie
>>
>>77601833

I quietly hope an elderly black man dies every season of DD, JJ, LC, and IF
>>
>>77601950
>They're too deep into it with Luke and Crow Mother to not have him appear now
No they're not. They can just flat out ignore it. It's very easy for them to do that. The teasings in DD were there as an option for whoever makes IF to pick up if they wanted to. It was always at the eventual showrunners discretion because DeKnight is a nerd and liked putting that stuff in.
>>
Marvel has to stop killing old black dudes
>>
File: Screenshot (83).png (914 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (83).png
914 KB, 1366x768
In the end the effects didnt even matter. I didn't even care that he wasnt purple or that we never see her fly, I was a lot more focused on the story than anything. Bravo
>>
Poor Nuke, he didn't deserve the Agents of SHIELD Absorbing Man treatment.
>>
>>77601938
>Some characters could have been removed or had their importance diminished, like Simpson

The fuck did you just say?
GIMME A RED! I'LL TEAR YOUR FUCKING THROAT OUT
>>
>>77602019
NEVER!
>>
>>77601937
>tied up with the race thing
Literally nobody cares aside from the usual suspects of politically obsessed entertainment bloggers. Reporting on the goings-on with Marvel properties is big for entertainment news but the casual public is barely aware that the show is even planned and what little discussion there is seems to be breakdowns of his origin and abilities. He'll be a white dude because that's the brand, they were even talking to Ryan Phillippe at the beginning of the year.
>>
>>77602020
Someone should make a reaction picture of that face and the word Smile below.
>>
NUKE IS THE DUDE. NUKE IS THE DUDE.
For real now, I never thought they whould go full nuke with nuke.
>>
I really ended the series wanting more of Kilgrave [spoilers]they can bring him back right? He's come back from death in the comics hasn't he?[/spoilers]
>>
>>77602032

Yes he did, he was a walking 80's relic, and appearing as supporting character in JJ was the best thing to happen to him in years.
>>
>>77602067
>no chain gun
>no freedom flag on his face
>"full nuke"
>>
I tried watching episode one and just couldn't make it through. Not sure why, everything just feels... off. But I don't know the character very well. Does it get better later on?
>>
>>77602067
and they didn't, so your thoughts were appropriate.
>>
>>77602033
>GIMMIE A RED

Sheeit, does he Actually get the facepaint?
>>
File: Wonder Woman hates necks.jpg (2 MB, 1600x2943) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman hates necks.jpg
2 MB, 1600x2943
Here's a hint for the ending
>>
>>77602079
The best thing to happen to him in years was fighting Captain America again before that run was cancelled.
>>
>>77602067

They even went Nuke with Patsy.
>>
>>77602098
No just the lighter.

but it is eventually lodged ins his forehead
>>
>>77602144
Speaking of which, why didn't Jessica go looking for those blue pills that he threw out the window? He very blatantly says that he needs them to regulate, and Jessica just freaks out and calls the ambulance.
>>
>>77602098

No, but he gets taken back into the program. He was on sabbatical and then went rogue.
>>
File: dd-121.jpg (306 KB, 1024x1535) Image search: [Google]
dd-121.jpg
306 KB, 1024x1535
>>77602032
I enjoyed the rest of the show but goddamn I am salty that we won't get this now.
>>
File: 1443741541059.gif (176 KB, 425x240) Image search: [Google]
1443741541059.gif
176 KB, 425x240
Oh hey, that guy was right: Bitch turned a fucking help group into a mob.
Fucking Marvel citizens.
>>
>>77602196
It sucks the most because he has never had fuck all to do with Jessica... just like Absorbing Man.
>>
>>77602033
Yeah I didn't like him to much, he didnt really serve the story outside of giving us a subvillain outside of Purple Man that comic fans will recognize. I'll admit I wasn't expecting to see that character used in this series, but that's not really a good thing. He just felt more out of place than he should have I suppose.

As an aside the Luke-Jessica relationship deserved a little more closure at the end. Not sure why they left it that way.
>>
I almost missed it but I'm glad they introduced Simpson's friends just so we could get "MY BOYS" later.
>>
>>77602208
At least now it's confirmed that civilians are as stupid in the MCU as their comic counterparts
>>
>>77602032
Son of a bitch, the cop's supposed to be Nuke?
>>
>>77602208
Why the fuck does the guy who lost his jacket care?
>>
I liked the parallels between DD and JJ.

Like the villain tease in the first episodes and full on back to the camera introduction in the next episodes.

Also, the broken-spine episodes where their best friend talk to them about what's going on before the final battle. How come the two girls got along better than the two guys? This is the most unrealistic part of the show.
>>
>>77602238
Yea he becomes proper much later but he still doesn't go full Nuke or fight anyone he's supposed to.
>>
gotta say, I really miss the fight scenes from daredevil.
I can only see so many people get tossed around before I get bored
>>
>>77602248
It was a $5000 jacket. I mean, goddamn.
>>
>>77602248
It was a very good jacket.
>>
File: 1446603746460.png (266 KB, 377x410) Image search: [Google]
1446603746460.png
266 KB, 377x410
>>77602232
SON OF A BITCH, SHE FUCKING FREED KILLGRAVE.
>>77602248
It was a good jacket.
>>
>>77602248
kek, he went into the wolves mout and subsequently hung himself because of a motherfucking Jacket.

>>77602257
Yeah, the pacing was definitely slower action-wise. But it wouldn't make too much sense to have it otherwise. There's also no masks for stunt doubles.
>>
>>77602248
Nigga that's a 5000 jacket.
>>
Nuke and the Boys sounds like a rap album
>>
I can't believe this shit.

Every goddamn time. I'm not sure if it's just the cool older black dude that's cursed in Netflix Marvel to die a bullshit death or if it's Clarke Peters curse to get shot in the fucking head in everything but The Wire. Goddamn.
>>
>>77602250
Because they're like sisters, Jessica was adopted into the Walker family after her family died, and Jessica saved Trish from her batshit mom. Also Matt kept his abilities secret from Foggy. Jessica recealed her powers accidentally to Trish soon after discovering them herself. It's all organic and understandable.
>>
>dat house reveal
Damn Kilgrave, thats dedication
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 249x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 249x261
>yfw it's a racial thing
>>
>>77602250
>I liked the parallels between DD and JJ.
I like how despite constantly obsessing over whether or not what he is doing is noble or right, being called a cop-killer and a terrorist in the media, Matt still proves himself a hero.

Jessica on the other hand is a horrible person who gets nothing but second chances from the people she hurts and spends most of her time in the series breaking into places, throwing people around, torturing people and obsessing over the best/easiest way to kill the bad guy, only to become a local celebrity by the end. Fuck Jessica Jones.
>>
>>77602303
I was really liking him and thinking well they wont kill the old black guy again but they fucking did.
>>
>>77602330
>kilgrave just wanted to please his waifu
Not so bad after all
>>
so does 'nuke' work for Hydra, or the Thunderbolts or someone else?
>>
>>77602356
yeah, but she killed a rapist

daredevil effectively fought against white collar crime. I mean, not the whole city was there to see his dope-ass ass-whoopin'

Also, Jessica ended up mostly alone, with the exception of malcolm and trish. Matt still got Karen and Foggy and ... the Priest. it's 3-2 for Matt. also being Matt is suffereing
>>
>>77602356
It's because she doesn't wear a mask!
What's Daredevil got to hide!
I'd post a JJJ picture here but I don't have one within arm's distance.
>>
>>77602409
>daredevil effectively fought against white collar crime

Gun-running and drugs are white-collar crimes? Because that's what the Russians and Gao were doing.
>>
IT'S PATSY IT'S PATSY
I REALLY WANT TO BE A FRIEND WITH YOU
Also, look an actual redhead on tv. I thought those couldn't exist anymore.
>>
>>77602389
United States millitary
>>
>>77602427
yes, but the public didn't know them. They knew Fisk, and only by the end at that.
>>
File: 2000.png (80 KB, 173x255) Image search: [Google]
2000.png
80 KB, 173x255
>>77602350
>>
>>77602299
not better than Trail of Misery
>>
>>77602409
>daredevil effectively fought against white collar crime.
He literally fought slavers, people who did worse than Kilgrave through strongarm violence on the weakest people in society. Fisk built his empire out of the profits from drug manufacturing and employed entire criminal syndicates who Matt took on single-handedly. The only white-collar crime in the series was Owsley and Fisk gets the credit for taking him out.
>>
>>77602557
>>77602468
>>
>>77602489
>Trail of Misery sounds like a better less known version of Linkin Park.Also, Killgrave is the human version of those flashbacks from the night before a really bad hangover
>>
>those low cut dresses and tits on Jerri's secretary
woh lads
>>
>MFW he didn't shout "Sweet Christmas!"
>>
>>77602797
Are you Daredevil?
>>
>>77602797
He said it unironically though, thats enough. He will still have his own series.
>>
As messed up at it is, I still found it kinda hot when Killgrave licked her.
>>
>>77602793
>that ice-cold burn from Hogarth when her sexretary wore that awful dress
>>
Does kilgrave's ability work on animals or foreigners that don't understand English?
>>
>>77602877
since its a "virus" it should but not on animals since viruses dont tend to transfer through different species
>>
>>77602838
As much as the show seems to be pushing Luke, Kilgrave is going to be the one in all the fanfiction. Even though the patrician choice will always be Officer War Hero Nuke
>>
>>77602877
Don't know about animals, but I guess gestures would work on people who don't understand English.

Like if he pointed at a knife and then made a slitting motion in the air, the foreigner would probably understand that as "kill yourself" and do it.
>>
Jesus, this show goes hard near the end.
What the fuck.
>>
Killgrave reminds me of the shit my dad used to do to me as a kid. My memory is still not very good. It's entertaining but sometimes I get tense.
>>
>>77602970
What do you mean?
>>
>>77602834
I meant during the sex scene in the first episode. I'm halfway through the second episode.
>>
If only his dad was armed
>>
[scoffs]
>>
>>77603007
But he say it? At least that he says in another scene, there are several sex scenes
>>
The show was cool, but
>Needle in Eye
>Hedge Cutters Through Mouth
>Slight hand-cuff degloving
>Glass Stem into neck + gushing blood out
>Suicide via scissors
>Hanging
>Chasing a bitch around with a knife and cutting her 25 (?) times
>Head lodged into a glass table
>Fucking Dismemberment.

>Still can't say the word fuck more than once.
This shit drives me insane. It's not even a matter of sexual vs violence in themes, it's just a word, goddammit.

>>77603052
[scoffs sharply]
>>
>took two red pills
HOLY SHIT, HE WENT FUCKING NUCLEAR
>>
I whould fuck a Jeri, I whould fuck a Jeri all night long.
>>
>>77603066
Fair enough.
>>
What language is it Malcolms speaking before he dumps Ruben?
>>
>>77603188
French, according to the subs. something about how a good funeral doesn't get you any closer to heaven, basically apologizing for dumping him in such an unceremonious way
>>
Every time Jessica busts a doorknob, take a drink.

Speaking of it, is this an American door thing? In Europe, or at least Portugal, the knobs themselves only have one of the locks, the key-lock is secondary.
>>
Oh shit, she's taking a pill/
>>
I'M NUCLEAR
>>
>thst entire police sequence
Noice
>>
HERE'S JOHNNY
>>
What does /co/ think about Cage not speaking ebonics?
>>
File: -= page 08 =-.jpg (347 KB, 933x696) Image search: [Google]
-= page 08 =-.jpg
347 KB, 933x696
>>77603620

It's not 1971 anymore.
>>
>>77603620
I'm actually disappointed that he's not more hood. This seems like a concession made to make Luke less threatening and more appealing as a romantic lead. Basically more boring overall.
>>
>>77603620
It'd be dumb and outdated desu senpai.
>>
>>77603663
What if he said shit like Smh Tbh Senpai? That would be more modern.
>>
Jessice Jones drinking game:

Turn on Netflix subtitles. Drink every time a character [scoffs]. You'll be dead before the series is half over.
>>
>>77603123
Netflix would let them say whatever they want
>>
>>77603712
>>77603241

I'm dead. thanks guys.
>>
>>77603689
that's teen txt talk, he's a grown man speaking
>>
>>77603620
he doesn't do it anymore in comics, he hasn't done it since his original runs.
>>
>>77603647
This desu
I liked how he was in Alias more, hes so inoffensive currently.

Whos on Cage production wise?
I hope hes better there
>>
>>77603634

UUUU brother
>>
Christ, watching Simpson turn into Nuke is legitimately more affecting than anything the character has ever done in the actual comic. Well done.
>>
>>77603620
Expected.

>>77603647
YUP. Even the violent prison dike gets her edges smoothed off.
>>
Just finished it.
Didn't hit the ground running as well Daredevil but it picked up rather well, really enjoyed the ride.
Also Killgrave is now the best MCU villain.
>>
>>77603647
Wait for his own series, they got some black guy who's main previous project was Southland and he's moving to Harlem.
>>
File: shark feels.png (51 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
shark feels.png
51 KB, 398x409
>Killgrave killed Reuben

FUCK, he didn't deserve it.
>>
>lesbian couple is more than just a lesbian couple
Amazing.
>>
A) This is a really well-made show. I will not fault any aspect of it other than my next comment. Good writing, good plottint.

B) The only cis white males in this whole fucking series are either sexual deviants, eventual homicidal killers, or total rapist monsters. Fucking Marvel, man.
>>
>>77603829

>Also Killgrave is now the best MCU villain.

That's not saying much though.
>>
>>77603929
I liked Fisk a lot.
And also uhhhhh....
>>
>>77603917
B) The only counter example I got is Purple Man Sr.
>>
So spoiler me please
Does Jessica kill Kilgrave at the end or I'm being misled?
>>
>>77603917
Prrrrreeety much exactly my feelings. The white guys in the show are at best pitiful and and worst utterly contemptible.
>>
>>77601323
just finished episode 2 where Cage puts the saw to his stomach

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

But fuck me sideways, I have to work tonight so no watching for 10 more hours....by that time all my torrents should be done though
>>
I know this shouldn't bother me but why do people keep asking for water but no one actually drinks it.
>>
>>77603917
>Fucking Marvel, man.
Not much of a precedent. where else is this the case in the MCU?
>>
>>77604006
She breaks his neck to save a family from his laser eye-blast.
>>
>>77604006
He ded
>>
Jesus christ, a fucking hedge cutters through his head.
I actually had to look away.

Why did she even check for a pulse?
>>
>>77604006
Yeah, she Man o' Murders him. Sad to see him go.
>>
I'm on ep.6 and Luke is way too good for this cunt. Luke is too good for this show. Jesus christ.
>>
>>77604006
No, he's fine, people are bullshitting you.
>>
>people actually care when the white guys are evil
get thicker skin
>>
>>77604078
Abd thats the problem with this Luke. Hes nothing but a good guy
>>
File: Murdercorpse.jpg (303 KB, 682x512) Image search: [Google]
Murdercorpse.jpg
303 KB, 682x512
Damn, I frogot.
What's this guy's name again?
>>
>Kingpin did nothing wrong
>Killgrave did nothing wrong
>Frank wont do anything wrong
True Defenders team-up when?
>>
>>77604108
>tries to kill an old bus driver
>good
>>
>>77604046
>>77604048
>>77604073
Good.
I think I'm the only one that likes when they kill off the bad guys if they're too dangerous, I mean really, some bad guys are just too dangerous to be left in jail only for them to break out and do more crap.

>>77604121
Zeb Murdertomb/The Lavander guy
>>
>>77604030
it gets tedious making sure the exact amount of water is in the glass each time.
You'll also notice no one ever really eats anything unless it's bite sized
>>
>>77604121
Murdeetombstone
>>
>>77604121
The Magenta Dude
>>
>>77604093
/pol/itics aside, this is a girl-power show as it should be. The fact that Jessica has a cunt is irrelevant to the story since she takes it in the butt, anyway, and all her and patsy's and hogarth's decisions are made logically from their points of view, and nowhere it is called attention to 'durr, wats wrong wit being a gurl?' bulshit.
>>
>>77604121
Homocideremains
>>
>>77604121
Kevin Johnson, apparently.

Still not sure why they didn't use the name Zebediah, since it fit his flamboyant personna.
>>
What was up with all the sex though?
Anyone else find it a little distracting/offputting.
>>
>>77604145
Crime of passion.
>>
>>77604121
Deadcemetery ANTS Wesley
>>
>>77604214

I just skipped past it all desu.
>>
>>77604202
maybe because it sounds too much like Obadiah

or just because they wanted to give him a boring name that he hates and tries to distance himself from
>>
>>77604225
>good
>>
>>77604178
As long as it doesn't do a Supergirl, I'm good.

I mean, it definitely shouldn't do a Supergirl anyway; Jessica isn't really a 'role model' archetype.
>>
>>77604225
France, pls.
>>
>>77604214

The gritty film noir stories Alias it's inspired by are drenched in sex.

Try and watch something like The Last Seduction or Body Heat. Sex is incredibly important to these kinds of hard-boiled, gritty crime stories.
>>
>Reuben will never make you banana bread
>>
>>77604271
>seriously though, was it crack?
>>
Was there any more Iron Fist hints and easter eggs?
>>
>>77604291
Well Jerri is literally an IF secondary character
>>
File: DD black.jpg (263 KB, 900x1088) Image search: [Google]
DD black.jpg
263 KB, 900x1088
I love that this show and Daredevil actually filmed in New York City and in some other city like Vancouver.
>>
File: 129996181083.jpg (33 KB, 368x348) Image search: [Google]
129996181083.jpg
33 KB, 368x348
>>77604125
>Kingpin is a autism who was abused by his parents and just wants to be loved by his waifu
>Killgrave is a psychopath who was abused by his parents and just wants to be loved by his waifu
>>
Haven't watched the show yet. Do they explain what Jessica was doing when aliens attacked
>>
>>77604093
I don't so much "care about when the villain as white" as much as I "think it's funny that the groups that complain about stereotyping rely on stereotypes to tell their stories too."

You think there was any discussion about changing Killgrave's race? Or is that only a discussion we'll have when it's a character that gets a positive portrayal?

Why is Luke such a boy scout in the show? Why are the most despicable characters the straight white males? Why does even the "angry prison lesbian" get subverted and empathized with? The show seems TERRIFIED of portraying anyone with consistent negativity....unless it's a straight white guy.
>>
>Pisces are the most forgiving of the zodiac
>Zodiac confirmed?
>>
File: mike the kike.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
mike the kike.png
313 KB, 701x394
Why didn't she just kill Kilgrave when she had the chance?

I'm not understanding that.
>>
>>77604351
Not really. Some woman who lost her mother during the attack and blames capes for her it lures her into a trap to try and kill her. JJ says she wasn't there and lays into them about taking their shit out on other people.
>>
>>77604360

lol well joke's on them Killgrave is the only one anyone gives a fuck about (like Joker in Dark Knight)
>>
>>77604336
Kilgrave wasn't really. They were just trying to save him. He was just in the circumstances that the fact that he didn't like it made them become zombies and have to leave. It was more universe vs kilgrave.
>>
>>77604360
>Why is Luke such a boy scout in the show?
He tried to kill the guy who he thought killed his wife. A boy scout wouldn't do that.
>>
>>77604398
I almost closed the netflix window when he got out of the god damn van situation. That was so stupid shit right there. Frank Castle can't happen soon enough.
>>
>Bitches right?
kek
>>
>>77604398
>>77604457

She didn't want Hope to do 20 years to life. Also selfdoubt, I guess.
>>
Why is this show so much better than Arrow or Flash senpai
>>
>>77601387
Grant Ward
>>
>>77604155
Yeah I'm with you honestly. Like it's definitely retarded how many villains they kill off that should live to at least have implied offscreen battles in the future. But Kilgrave isn't one of them, letting him live works in comics but in live action it's not gonna give you a satisfactory ending.
>>
>>77604360
>You think there was any discussion about changing Killgrave's race
Nah they had Tennant on board early doors, your not going to fuck with that. Simpson clearly had good intentions and was just terribly misguided. I don't see any other straight white guys who were overly negatively portrayed in the show.
>>
>>77604463
I loved that whole Real Housewife of Purpleman segment.
>>
>>77604491

Here's the thing. if they really want, they can bring in more purple children, or specifically Zebediah [[Killgrave]]
>>
>2112 Parialment Street
>Rush R40 Live DVD released today
>>
>it's a trish took those pills for no reason episode
>>
>>77604457
Dude is luckier than a fucking leprechaun with all the shitty situations he's gotten out of.
>>77604468
Oh right, Hope.
I forgot that they needed to exonerate her.

Still, that's a lot of wasted life for letting Kilgrave run as loose as he did.
>>
>>77604360
>Why is Luke such a boy scout in the show?
You mean his refusal to do anything that will get attention from police? I wonder why an escaped convict does that?
>>
>>77604214
Found it pretty awkward to watch in a group.
>>
>>77601323
I've only watched ep 1 and I'm already in love
>>
>>77604610
Slut
>>
>>77603917
>B) The only cis white males in this whole fucking series are either sexual deviants, eventual homicidal killers, or total rapist monsters. Fucking Marvel, man.

Reuben was a precious little cinammon roll, or should I say, aprecious banana bread boy who slits his own throat

Nuke was given a huge amount of emotional leeway considering he was a homicidal bipolar pill popper.
>>
>>77604591
It's supposed to simulate awkward sex, you wouldn't understand if you don't have a vagina. You got the message though because it's awkward as fuck in a group you cis male scum
>>
>not my first
Is that nurse the one from Daredevil?
>>
isn't pisces an air sign?
>>
>>77604691
Did you watch Daredevil?
>>
So are they turning the comics' anti-mutant sentiment against capes in general? That's pretty cool. Also in that context it makes more sense that Civil War would happen.
>>
File: jeph.jpg (24 KB, 219x301) Image search: [Google]
jeph.jpg
24 KB, 219x301
>>77604706
>isn't pisces an air sign?
>>
File: 1446733178221.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
1446733178221.png
425 KB, 405x600
>>77604709
Yes, but all these Hollywood people look the same to me.
>>
>>77604706
Pisces is a fucking fish. You're thinking Aquarius.
>>
>>77603241
we mostly have separate locks like you mentioned, here in Tejas.
>>
>>77601485
I thought it would've been nice to see Foggy trying to take on Hope's case only to be told to back off by Hogarth/Jessica
>>
>>77604657
Wait hold the political whinning.

Nuke is in this?
Please tell me he is close to the comic book counterpart at least look wise. I mean he is just a dude (a cyborg really) with some face paint.

Also tell me his kill count.
>>
>>77604657
I have no idea what the Hell you're saying here. Our only exposures to Reuben consist of him being an incestual creeper in a diaper and a stalker who actually outshines our rapist villain in terms of viewer discomfort.

As for Nuke, you can actually, quite literally, pinpoint the exact moment in Episode 9 when we're not supposed to care about him anymore. It's when Patsy tells Jessica he's in the hospital AFTER BEING BLOWN UP BECAUSE OF JESSICA and she handwaves it away as, "Eh, he's tough, he'll be fine." Spoilers: everything he does after that point is as a villain.
>>
>Now I walk around narrating my life like i;m private investigator
>>
Is Jessica's apartment like just a place for broken furniture that everyone can visit any time they want?
>>
>her cute little jumps will make me laugh every god damn time
>>
>>77604775
>close to the comic book counterpart at least look wise
nope
>kill count
half dozen, I think
>>
>>77604806
Why?
How can you fuck up "shirtless blonde dude with a gun and some facepaint that ties directly to his theme and motif and doesn't look out of place for a crazed American soldier"?
Do you have a picture?
>>
>>77601323
Oh for God's sake it's Patsy!
>>
>>77604828
Cause that's stupid.
In the comics as well.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.