[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread of past glories ? This show (Xaolin Showdown)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Wuya_(Human_Form).jpg (13 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
Wuya_(Human_Form).jpg
13 KB, 640x478
Can we have a thread of past glories ?

This show (Xaolin Showdown) had one of he most unexpected storyline and best voice actor for a vilain.

Sure they killed it when they tried to reboot but hell it was fun.
>>
>>77599690
I haven't seen that show for almost 8 years now
>>
>>77599783
That's why it's a past glories thread.

It's strangely still watchable though.
>>
We can't be the only ones remembering that show...
>>
>>77599690
>past glories
If you want to have a nostalgia thread, just call it a nostalgia thread.
>>
>>77599690
baka desu senpai
>>
>>77600597
Nostalgia is simply something you look back on fondly. "Past glories" implies a show that was better at some point in the past and declined as it continued. In this case the original Xaolin Showdown was better than its reboot/continuation.
>>
>>77599690
It went to shit when they introduced Chase.
>>
>>77601107
God, he's so generic and uninteresting.
>>
>>77601203
The worst part is that they could have played around with his concept a bit, but they just played him straight and never really allowed the other characters to play off of him.
>>
File: katie snap.jpg (20 KB, 346x245) Image search: [Google]
katie snap.jpg
20 KB, 346x245
>>77601107
>>77601203
>>77601489
>Wuya is shown to be almost literally god-tier and wrecks everyone's shit with ease, more than justifying her status as main villain
>next time she gets her human form back, Chase is able to take away her power with no explanation
>she ends up playing a second fiddle Starscream for the rest of the series
>>
>>77601489
>never really allowed the other characters to play off of him.

He was at his best when he interacted with Jack. If they were going to play him straight, they should have gone with Jack as his apprentice.
>>
>>77601757
I though that he and Jack had the most cliche interactions, top dog alpha versus clingy beta.

>>77601646
Still not as bad as Hannibal Bean.
>>
>>77599818
Xiaolin Showdown got away with an awful lot of stuff

>Jack and the bean villain discussing a plan to steal shen gong wu
>"That's brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?"
>"My guess? An extra chromosome. Now bring me the following wu..."
>>
>>77601842

yeah, but considering that it was shown that Jack could actually conquer the world if he put his mind into it, they could have done something interesting with it.
>>
>>77601842
Wasn't Hannibal Bean literally fucking with the studio execs who actually didn't know better?
>>
>>77601872
>they could have done something interesting with it.

But they didn't, a recurring thing with the later Xiaolin episodes. By the end of the series Jack is just pathetic.
>>
Mucha lucha honorable mention.
>>
>>77602044
Did Mucha Lucha decline? I though it had a pretty even quality throughout its run.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.