[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MCU/Live Action Marvel Timeline? So I realize that Phase 1 had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: JessicaJonesTV1-1024x683.jpg (142 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
JessicaJonesTV1-1024x683.jpg
142 KB, 1024x683
MCU/Live Action Marvel Timeline?
So I realize that Phase 1 had some stuff where a year and a half of movies was all in one week.

But then Phase 2 and AoS happened in real time with each other and reality.

Daredevil is after Avengers 1 but before Age of Ultron.

So when does Jessica Jones take place? It's after Daredevil but from how Cage/Jones/the radio talks about powered people it has to be pre-ATCU since they publicly announced Inhumans.
Now the MetLife building annoys me but I can forgive it as being cheap. However having Netflix shows and AoS showing different worlds that are both supposed to be canon with the movies is fucked up, even if the movies will ignore both.
>>
It's pretty much happens in real time, but yeah, this is what you get with the whole shared universe stuff
>>
>>77594656
Agents of SHIELD is barely canon. Whedon didn't consider it canon, and you don't have to watch it to understand anything going on in the movies. Hell, Inhumans will probably be completely different to the shit AoS is building up, so they'll probably cancel it a year before the movie comes out, rendering the show's only addition to the universe null.
>>
>>77595127
>Whedon didn't consider it canon,
I can't believe there are STILL retards like this.
>>
>>77595383
He didn't, though.

I'd say it's more retarded to sit through hours of unmitigated crap like Agents of SHIELD in the hopes of somehow enjoying the MCU more.
>>
>>77595440
>He didn't, though.
Yes he did, and even if he didn't, it wouldn't make any difference considering Whedon's headcanon has literally no bearing on a universe that he has no creative input on. Feige makes those calls. The directors are just puppets for the studio to do as they say.
>>
>>77595127
>Whedon didn't consider it canon
Whedon was an idiot who's no longer involved in the MCU so that means nothing
>>
File: 1436903026037.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1436903026037.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>77595127
>>
>>77595127
Okay then, how did Avengers find Strucker's location with Loki's scepter?

How the hell did Fury build Hellicarrier that saved entire Sokovia?
>>
>>77595476
>>77595481
>the guy who oversaw most of Phase I and II and who came up with the show in the first place has no say in it
>the show actively makes the continuity more confusing and difficult to follow, but can't be disregarded
>canon is what the studio says, because the studio has a fucking clue what's going on week-to-week on Agents of SHIT

You guys new?

>>77595523
Dialogue in the first scene says they've been tracking and hitting HYDRA bases since the last movie, and dialogue in the last scene says it's an older helicarrier that was taken out of decomission.

Motherfuckers will watch hours of that crap show for answers that are already in a mediocre but passable movie.
>>
>>77595555
Are you retarded?

He only said it is not relevant as in you do not have to follow AoS to understand the story of Age of Ultron. He has never said it is not canon.
>>
>>77595127
Whedon's opinion doesn't matter anymore. Marvel literally broke his spirit and his body
>>
How long ago did Avengers take place? NY looks to be in decent shape considering all the shit Loki+Avengers destroyed.
>>
>>77595555
>the guy who oversaw most of Phase I and II
That would be Kevin Feige.
>>
>>77595946
This is maybe kind of a spoiler I don't know?

But the bus accident is mentioned as happening a year ago and the date it happened is January 20th, 2014. So it can be assumed Jessica Jones is set in early 2015.
>>
>>77595523

They've been taking the fight to Hydra ever since the shit in Winter Soldier went down. Hell, they blew the whole fucking lid off the whole SHIELD=HYDRA thing, so they probably got most the world going against them now.

And they explicitly state its the old helicarrier from the first Avengers, brought out of storage since the newer ones got blown out of the sky.
>>
The netflix stuff might as well be it's on spin off universe. I'd be surprised to see any of those 4 make more then the smallest of cameos in anything else.
>>
>>77595523
Don't bother, anon.
>>
I'm trying to figure when JJ happened, since nobody mentioned Fisk, not even anything in the background.
>>
>>77595383
Whedon didn't consider Winter Soldier or Iron Man 3 canon. He made Nick Fury pull a fucking hellicarrier out of his ass, full equipped with Stark Industries worker Maria Hill in it. Not to mention the whole fucking team of Avengers was united as if they never separated despite them having been separated for a long time, including fucking Tony Stark leaving the hero business complete with operation and everything.

What that faggot thinks is fucking meaningless.
>>
Neither Daredevil or Jessica Jones is canon, the MetLife building is where Avengers Tower should be, like in real life.
>>
>>77601136
>He made Nick Fury pull a fucking hellicarrier out of his ass

I like how they desperately tried to save that plot point with Agents of SHIELD, despite it not making sense that Coulson would just hide a helicarrier for the better part of a year. Logically, he would've been using it.
>>
>>77600965

Jessica Jones was in development before Daredevil was, and even before the Captain Marvel film was.

It's possible the season takes place before or concurrent to Daredevil.
>>
>>77600965
Jessica Jones appears to be set around early 2015. If we assume it took place after Daredevil that would make Daredevil take place sometime last year. Enough time has probably just passed that Fisk is no longer relevant to the public.

>>77601404
>Logically, he would've been using it.
SHIELD wasn't supposed to exist at that point. People would notice a Helicarrier. But they knew that one day they might need one so SHIELD loyalists saved the original Helicarrier from the Battle of New York and Coulson made sure somebody kept it up and running.
>>
Jessica Jones happened in January - May, judging on the weather.

Daredevil was prior to that too.

The tower doesn't show because it's being remodeled from Stark's to the Avengers' tower.

All alleged Metlife appearances were weather balloons.
>>
>>77601462
So why they don't use it nowadays. They sure also saved every single agent that worked inside that Hellicarrier somehow.

Also, Why isn't the Triskellion SHIELD run in Ant-Man then. I mean if the secret that SHIELD is still active is out after Sokovia, why not make a full come back. After all, a fucking Hellicarrier appeared in all the news showing fucking Nick Fury alive.

>in before no one saw Nick Fury
Then how the hell do they explain the Hellicarrier appearing? Who keeps a hellicarrier hidden for so long and conveniently takes it out to help the Avengers?
>>
>>77601136
>Whedon didn't consider Winter Soldier or Iron Man 3 canon.

You should actually read the interview and not just some bait headline or wherever the fuck you got this nonsense.
>>
>>77601982
Why would Whedon frame the appearance of Hellicarrier as a surprise if the disassamblement of the agency is not canon?

And Iron Man 3 ends with Tony literally saying he is Iron Man.
>>
>>77602142
The appearance of the Hellicarrier would have been a surprise whether SHIELD existed or not because the scene is set up like that. There's no way for you to predict a Hellicarrier appearing at any point of the movie.

And saying you are Iron Man is meaningless after destroying all your armors, having a speech saying how it was always a shell to hide, and then remove the very thing that made the armors work as a way to show your new commitment to a life without armors.
>>
>>77602472
>And saying you are Iron Man is meaningless after destroying all your armors,

The opposite. Destroying all your armors is meaningless, it is not the armor that makes Iron Man, it is the person in it. And armors could work without that thing since Tony build a suit for Rhodey to take over as Iron Man when Tony dies of poisoning.
>>
>>77601404
Agents of shield is a huge fucking joke where nothing matters
>coulson was somehow hiding the fucking helicarrier the whole time
>after AoU its never brought up again ever
>huge plot point tie in with winter soldier where they lose everything and have to run around with limited resources
>within 2 episodes they somehow have multiple secret bases and unlimited resources again
>every villain is a complete non threat that never do anything else except attack shield pointlessly
>almost every episode ends with a cliffhanger
>within 5 minutes of the next episode its explained how it literally didn't matter at all
>most of season 2 is about how bad it is to have coulson being solo leader of shield and even has mack and others being traitors
>kill off all the council at the end, ignore any developments from it, and pretend it all never happened and everyone who was a traitor is totally cool with coulson now
>constantly building up how dangerous all these powers and shit and yet after 2 and a half seasons they still have yet to have a single goddamned superhero vs supervillain fight that was anything more than one guy using their lame power a single time
>coulson in general being a garbage actor (it was actually hilarious when daisy said coulson should be freaking out when she was spying on him when that's literally the only face the actor is putting on 90% of the time)
>the overall huge dependency on tying everything with the movies to where they drag out plot points until the "big thing" happens that we won't actually see, just the after effects of them picking up after it (they're already saying its gonna happen again with CA:CW)
Honestly AoS is bar none the worst capeshit show out right now. Wheadon is a fucking hack and they never should've let him get his grubby mitts on what should've been a really good show.
>>
>>77595127
Go to sleep Joss
>>
>>77596141
/thread
>>
>>77602537
You are missing the point, the question is why would Tony destroy all his armors and then go right back to build new ones after making a point of not needing them anymore? All the growth shown in Iron Man 3 is flushed down the toilet only to have Tony back for Avengers as if Iron Man 3 never happened. It's the classic bullshit reset comics always use, and it's just as much bullshit here as it is in comics.
>>
>>77602472
Last i heard, the helicarrier from the first avengers was totally functional... And it was probably in service while the new ones were being built during winter soldier.

I don't see how it came out of nowhere?
>>
File: 1447626514379.jpg (52 KB, 436x324) Image search: [Google]
1447626514379.jpg
52 KB, 436x324
I wish I could watch agents of shield without hating myself.

i'm watching Marvel's Agent Carter and apparently this is a good show in alot of peoples opinion but i feel this is also shit.
>>
>>77602796
There's a big difference between using the building of suits to cope with something and being a responsible Iron Man.

Tony isn't Iron Man to feel important anymore. IM1 was about being a survivor and finding strength in that. IM2 was about how being Iron Man was becoming more important to Tony than his own life, especially if the alternative is living without the reactors in constant fear of his shrapnel condition.

IM3 is then about him dealing with the idea that he can't handle every threat and that you can't live your life in constant fear. He's Iron Man not because it strokes his ego, but because the world needs Iron Man.

It's also why Tony in AoU uses the drones and is trying to build Ultron. He'll be Iron Man if he's needed, no longer one to shirk responsibility, but he would prefer if he wasn't needed. Even when Cho says her medical tech will put Stark's clunky machines out of business he replies, "That's the plan."
>>
>>77595127

Where on Earth did this ignorant post come from? If anything Whedon's comments were that he wanted both to be more involved with AoS and Marvel simply wouldn't let him work on it and that he wanted it to have more effect on the films. Either way Whedon isn't involved with the MCU anymore

And what does not having to watch it to understand the movies have anything to do with it's level of canon? The movies don't have to be watched to understand the others except the ones that are direct sequels. Everything is a stand alone story in the same world where occasionally elements from other stories appear. Guardians was disconnected from everything else aside from Thanos as well.

You don't have to read every comic that takes place on earth 616 to understand what is going on in Marvel comics
>>
>>77601410
Based on Claires references to Matt during her conversation with Jessica in the last episode it definitely does not take place before
>>
>>77602633
>Anonymous 11/20/15(Fri)19:19:41 No.

Agents of SHIELD is a lot better than Gotham at least lmao

But anyway Whedon actually has basically no input on AoS whatsoever so I don't know how you can blame anything related to it on him. He created the show but he has said in interviews Marvel basically took it away from very early on and said they hired him to make movies not tv shows
>>
>>77603025
Yeah Agent Carter was pretty shitty I thought and very overhyped
>>
>>77601136
Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3 aren't Avengers spinoff. Agents is. And Avengers is basically his baby, so I's think he gets a say, even if it's dumb.
>>
>>77603025
I didn't like Agent Carter, but AoS has really grown on me. Fitz, Ward, and even Daisy in season 3 are great.
>>
>>77606605
No. He gets about as much say as Edgar Wright does on Ant-man.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.