[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>both Jessica Jones and Daredevil leave the MetLife building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: microexpressions-disgust.jpg (28 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
microexpressions-disgust.jpg
28 KB, 524x336
>both Jessica Jones and Daredevil leave the MetLife building as part of the New York skyline, despite being where Avengers Tower is in the MCU

With their budget, couldn't someone have just motioned tracked a stock image in After Effects?
>>
>>77590653
It's the one thing that stopped Daredevil being a 10/10 for me. And will probably be the same thing. It SEEMS trivial but when you are as invested and care about the continuity as much as the story then it just drags you out of it for a few moments...
>>
>>77590653
War between movie and TV division?
>>
>>77590665
No, even Agents had Avengers Tower in a New York skyline shot
>>
File: Puny-god.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
Puny-god.gif
2 MB, 450x253
I dislike the Marvel movies and enjoyed Daredevil enough that I really did like to pretend as if this shit didn't happen in its universe.
>>
>>77590653
>>77590664
Nobody fucking cares you autists
>>
>>77590738
I have enjoyed Agents of SHIELD much more than either Avengers.

That's not me complementing SHIELD.
>>
>>77590664
I mean, it would've been cool to have it, but it didn't ruin it for me because they didn't.
>>
>>77590653

Really??? They don't show it?
I thought they learned from Daredevil.
>>
>>77590738
The movies are formulaic as fuck and written for children. The netflix shows actually feel like they were written for adults.
>>
>>77591065
they did. they learned that most people wouldn't care.

AFAIK it's a deliberate decision to distinguish the netflix shows as separate from the Avengers (despite being in the same continuity), for the same reason they only dodgily refer to the characters and events from the films. they don't want people to spend the whole time going "WHERE'S TONY" because these aren't shows about the avengers and the avengers aren't going to appear.
>>
>>77591110

Yeah, they should make the people know that there are different people and the things they fight are not the same. They can do that easily.
Agents of Shield took their time to make people learn that this team is hidden from the Avengers and all those people (Don't know if that changed though, I haven't watched it from season 2 thereafter).
>>
>>77591129
but the big difference being that AoS is supposed to take place directly in the shadows of the movies. a lot of their episodes deal with threats directly caused or linked to the events of the films, including characters from the films having recurring (or in coulson's case, starring) roles in the show. they are, arguably, the avenger's support team.

with the netflix shows, though, a key element is that these are average joes off the street who have no real ties to any of these larger than life events, so far below the notice of the avengers that no one even knows they exist. I, personally, would not be pulled out of that atmosphere by seeing a silhouette of the avengers tower in the skyline... but some people might be. or at least it's enough of a reality that Marvel thinks it's worth avoiding.

but I don't think it's a matter of being cheap, or being unaware. it's deliberate branding shit.
>>
>>77591210

You said it yourself
> these are average joes off the street who have no real ties to any of these larger than life events
Why shouldn't they have the tower and make the people understand that Avengers are not for those things or something like that. If the writers are good they'll be able to say something simple yet effective to make people see that.

Just take Jurassic World. People were starting arguing that why the dinosaurs didn't have feathers and shit. With 1 simple line they manage to make those people shut up.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth. " <- Quote of that line. Problem solved, people can't argue with that (Well, logical people).
>>
>>77591246
or they could just... not bother.

the handful of spergs arguing about the lack of a tower are probably better publicity than the hordes of casuals arguing about the lack of a tony.
>>
>>77590653
>>77590664
You guys are retarded
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.