[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So They're Gona Get Back Together Finally??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2
File: mary-jane.png (545 KB, 840x444) Image search: [Google]
mary-jane.png
545 KB, 840x444
>>
Her and Tony? Totally.
>>
Better not be
>>
>>77589374
Nah, Peter's going to find a new proud colored woman

Augh, fuck I mean woman of color
>>
Did MJ just finish masturbating lr what?
>>
>>77589508
>>77589374
I still wish he and Gwen would do something. That's like thier fream come true. She decided to fuck miles because progressivism instead.
>>
>>77589824
>She decided to fuck miles because progressivism instead.
That hasn't happened.
>>
>>77589871
But how would /co/ react if it did.

I'm of the opinion that our love of /ss/ would trump any objections.
>>
>>77589374
I wish. If there was even a microscopic chance of them getting back together within the next year, MJ wouldn't have been free for Bendis to put in the Iron Man comics.
>>
>>77589824
are you talking about Spider Gwen? because if thats the case I think its less to do with Progressivisim and more to do with her being a teenager and Peter being like 30. or mid 20 or whatever his age is suppose to be right now.
>>
>Silk's doing her own thing
>Gwen's doing her own thing
>MJ's doing an Iron thing
>best girl Black Cat will never get pulled out of the pit Slott threw her in
>>
>>77589980
There's only 3 years difference and Miles is/nearly is 16 now so /ss/ would probably be out of the question. However I think 50% of /co/ would be happy that he's not with Kamala.
>>
>>77589824
>She decided to fuck miles because progressivism instead.

Quit making shit up. That has neither happened nor has it even been hinted at.

Have the two characters even met each other? Yeah, they were both in Spider-Verse, but I'm pretty sure they were rarely in the same place at the same time, and when they were, never actually interacted.
>>
>>77589374
They are forever entwined as fictional characters.
Like it or not they will always get together someway or another.
>>
>>77591080
Unless Slott or Quesada are writing, you mean.
>>
>>77589800
Its fumes from coffee
Also on lewd notes...Spidermans knee in that picture looks like a huge fucking boner.
>>
>>77589374
hope not. They both deserve better than each other.
>>
>>77589824
>I still wish he and Gwen would do something.

So she can fuck Norman behind his back again?
>>
>>77589824
>I still wish he and Gwen would do something.

You realize there is like a 12 year age gap between them, right?
>>
>>77589374

After Superior Spiderman, I see that those 2 characters shouldn't be together.
>>
>>77591255
>After Superior Spiderman
So I can safely disregard any opinion you have.
>>
>>77591270

Please, Superior Spiderman is the best thing happened in the Spiderman lore for years.
>>
>>77589374
Not really. I hope they pull an "Emma over Jean" thing and let Peter have someone interesting for a change.
>>
>>77589508
A new proud colored MIDGET woman.

FTFY
>>
>>77591305
....He's dating an engineer from Shanghai, he never dated Anna maria
>>
>>77590076
>best girl Black Cat will never get pulled out of the pit Slott threw her in

Yeah, it was much better when Mr. "Power and Responsibility" lets someone keep on committing crimes and stealing his blood while he's asleep because she'll fuck him.
>>
>>77591284
>Please, Superior Spiderman is the best thing happened in the Spiderman lore for years.

Confirmed for worst taste on /co/.
>>
>>77591386
Where have you been? Pre-Slott, Black Cat was a straight and narrow hero. And had been since the early 80's. She gave up the crime stuff pretty fast.

Slott just said fuck all to continuity and turned her into a raging retard.
>>
>>77591422
Read more spider man past OMD. You're kinda in the past on this one. The last good black cat story probably came from Mark Millar in Marvel Knights Spider-Man
>>
>>77591944
>Read more past OMD
>Cites a story that takes place before OMD

A bit confused there, anon?
>>
>>77591944
>Read more past OMD
>Stop talking about how Slott-era Black Cat derailed her character and read these Slott-era stories where she's been garbage.

Not even that anon, but u wot m8?
>>
Not if Slott has anything to say about it.
>>
>>77591229
>>77590066
Age doesn't matter in comics anyway, it's a terrible sliding scale.

>>77590076
I'd like to see Pete with Black Cat or soemthing. Who's he with anyway?

Also why didn't SpOck make a clone body in case something bad happened to him. You could potentially bring him back with something like that.
>>
>>77591944
But Slott's reign began after OMD. It may not have started in a story specifically penned BY Slott, but she was on the up-and-up until he got on ASM.
>>
>>77591400
Anon, years compares Slott's stuff to Slott's stuff
Unless he meant the entire franchise in which case side-books shit all over superior
>>
>>77592148
>years compares Slott's stuff to Slott's stuff

wat.
>>
>>77592208
Slott's been writing spidey alone for 5 years
>>
>>77592257
And apart of the Spider-team for close to 8. What's your point?

All the stuff he was the sole writer on ranges from mediocre to complete fucking garbage. With Superior and Spider-Verse being in the latter category.

There were stories in ASM written by other writers during BND and pre-OMD that are vastly superior (heh) to anything Slott has put out.
>>
>>77592040
Slott is actually a-OK with marriage. That's why he told editorial that he wanted to write them married in Secret Wars.
Also, to answer OP's question - no, and thanks God. Stern and Priest were right. Marriage was a mistake!
He just thinks that Conway, DeFalco and others basically completely changed MJ's character so she can be 'The One' for Peter.
>>
>>77589374
They've been happily married in the newspaper strip. Marvel are probably fine keeping it where it presently is and Slott actually protected that canon from Spider-Verse and Secret Wars. Chances are there could be something done with the Renew Your Vows Parkers when Slott revisits the Regent storyline or if Annie shows up in an arc on Web Warriors, but don't expect it for a year or two. 2017 is the 30th anniversary of the marriage/10th anniversary of OMD
>>
>>77592320
>Slott is actually a-OK with marriage.
If that's even remotely true (its not), its not reflected in his writing at all.
>>
>>77591255
Everyone was written like a retard to justify them not being together. Try reading the daily strip, MJ actually stood up to FUCKING NAMOR to protect her man. Stop falling for the main office's bullshit propaganda. MJ when handled right is the right one for Peter
>>
>>77592320
>That's why he told editorial that he wanted to write them married in Secret Wars.

No. He did that exclusively to seed in his OC Regent, the real star of RYV. Did you even read the book? It was fucking stupid.
>>
>>77592400
>mfw someone else reads the dailies too

Can't believe MJ just fucking pulled one over on the guards, stole a child and then defended Peter against Namor. And Namor just fucking flew off too
>>
how the fuck can she even sit like that?
>>
>>77592400
>Try reading the daily strip, MJ actually stood up to FUCKING NAMOR to protect her man.
I fucking hate it when they turn MJ into 'magical super girl who can beat everybody 'cause she loves him so much and better than other girls'. It makes her boring and completely kills the point Conway was making with Gwen's death.
And newspaper strip is shit. Granted, it's really fun and stupid, but it's not a good strip. How much time did it waste on fucking Clown? On Sabretooth and Wolverine (where Peter does absolutely nothing and than claims victory)?
>>
>>77592445
>MUH 100% REAL, ANATOMY IN MUH FICTIONAL COMICS
>>
File: Spider May Jane 1.jpg (144 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Spider May Jane 1.jpg
144 KB, 500x750
>>77592445
with one knee raised?
>>
>>77592448
>magical super girl who can beat everybody

This has, literally, never been a thing. Quit talking out of your ass.
>>
>>77592445
She can't. When the cover first came out everybody on 4chan was mocking it. There was 10 people making this pose and photographing themselves. Rich Johnston even took them and published on BC.
>>
>>77592063
Age doesn't matter in the real world either

The people saying it does are probably women who realize they can be replaced at anytime by other women
>>
>>77592467
She's beaten Chameleon with a baseball bat. You know, the 100-years old spy. Who should be able to beat supermodel.
Also, didn't she shoot Osborn in the end of MKSM?
>>
>>77592320
Stern says the marriage was a mistake, but he actually wrote Peter and MJ pretty well together whenever he could, including times where he was required to write them married, thus showing it worked and that it did'nt need to be perceived as a mistake, usually by ignorant fans who want "muh man-child" free of his responsibilities. Anyone with a brain could tell the marriage;s ups and downs added dimension and maturity to the books.
>>
>>77590066
>Gwen being a teenager

She's 19

>mid 20s

Like I said everyone bitching about this is a woman

A man dating a girl 5 years younger than him is fucking nothing
>>
>>77591386
You realize that was Slott who wrote that as well, right?
>>
>>77589374
>2015
>Marvel
>Consensual heterosexual relationship between two white anglo-saxon protestants.
>>
>>77592448
I actually think it's refreshing to have a wife not named Sue Richards that can take care of herself and puts her neck on the line for her guy.

Disagree on the strip being shit. It's pretty underrated actually. Clown 9 story was'nt that bad and had good humour to it.
>>
>>77592458
man, I was just referencing a relatively old meme, calm the fuck down
>>
>>77592481
/r9k/ pls go
>>
>>77592487
>She's beaten Chameleon with a baseball bat.

,,,and what about that is magical? A bat is, you know, not magic at all. And Chameleon routinely gets his ass kicked by virtually everyone. For being a super spy, he's kind of awful at, you know, being a spy.
>>
>>77592503

Pete's 28. The age difference is about a decade.
>>
>>77592637
We don't know Pete's exact age. It could really be anywhere in the late twenties or early thirties.
>>
>>77592377
You do realize writers have to do what their superiors tells them to do right? Marvel doesn't want them together so Slott can't do jack shit about it. I think that might be actually the reason why he gave up on using MJ and left her free for the Bendis takeover.
>>
>>77592637
>>77592658
Peter was 15 when debuted. 13 years have passed since then as stated in the Amazing Spider-Man #1 after Superior. plus 2 years since then because Secret Wars.

Peter is 30 years old.
>>
>>77592681
>Peter was 15 when debuted.
Has this been officially stated? Its a rough estimation based on story clues. He could really be anywhere between 15 and 17.
>>
>>77592664
>You do realize writers have to do what their superiors tells them to do right?

I don't think editorial mandate is breathing down his back saying, "No, you have to phrase MJ's dialogue like THIS. She needs to be the coldest, bitchiest cunt in comic."
>>
>>77592712
all of that description because of one stupid panel? what about all the other times he wrote her?
>>
>>77592664
If you listen to his comicvine interview promoting RYV, that seems to be just it. He does not want to write Peter and MJ together because it's no fun if they're not married, that's the natural course of their relationship and it's one denied to him by editorial.
>>
>>77593425
>all of that description because of one stupid panel?
Wat,

>what about all the other times he wrote her?
Like when? When has Slott ever written MJ as anything other than a bitch? Can you name a single story where this is true, that isn't Renew Your Vows, where the gimmick is specifically to troll fans through the marriage?
>>
>>77593477
Link?
>>
>>77592503
As much as I agree with you, this participar age gap spans the legal dining age, so yes she's too young for him right now. She's also either still in high school or just entered college, so the experience and knowledge gap is also large

The only acceptable gap here is [spoilers]her anus
>>
>>77593967
>legal dining age

wat?
>>
>>77590076
Good thing Silk is bringing her back out of that pit.
>>
>>77593967
She just entered college.
>>
>>77594118
What? No she's not. She's joining Black Cat's ranks in villainy. Still Slott mandated garbage.
>>
>>77589508
You mean a trans woman.
>>
>>77594022
Drinking sorry my phone has the worst swiping keyboard
>>
>>77594547
>You can't eat that, you're under 21!

The logical next step in fighting childhood obesity.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.