[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>12 year old Aang avatar state >compressed water, rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: korra.png (3 MB, 3360x2100) Image search: [Google]
korra.png
3 MB, 3360x2100
>12 year old Aang avatar state
>compressed water, rock shard bullets, 5-shot homing fire missiles, high speed invulnerable flying air sphere, wind blasts that erode meter-thick rock pillars in 2 seconds

>adult Korra avatar state
>lifts one large rock
>>
>>77587957
Wasn't the Avatar State made way weaker when Korra/Raava's connection to the previous Avatars was severed?

Or I guess I just assumed that. I wasn't really clear.
>>
>>77588040
Makes sense.
It was explained as being the ability to access the power and knowledge of all of your past lives.
>>
>>77588040
the backstory episdoes in book two showed that it's the connection to Raava, not the connection to previous avatars, that makes the avatar powerful. that's why even Wan was
>>
>>77587957
>lifts one large rock
Could this be an homage to M. Night's wonderful adaptation?
>>
Never bothered watching Korra
Did I miss out or no?
>>
>>77588055
I thought Raava made it powerful but the experience of the past avatars, and their techniques were still accessible.
>>
What bothers me is that they could never make Korra look neither strong or intimidating while in Avatar state. At least Aang looked menacing and was quite capable once he was able to go into Avatar state at will.
>>
>>77588163
It's a watered down avatar with lesbian loving.
>>
>>77587957
So you're saying she threw a rock at him?
>>
File: url.jpg (32 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
32 KB, 500x347
>>77588251
It was a big rock
>>
>>77588163
Kind of, yeah.
Most of the second season is shit, but otherwise it's fine.

I'd call its third season the second best of both shows.
ATLA's second is the best, of course.
>>
>>77588163
I watched season 1, the Wan episodes, first few and last few episodes of season 3, and the finale.

The show is cancer, it makes the writing of the comics look good. The best moment in the series is when the MC ends up crippled, that should tell you something.
>>
>>77587957
bending in general was mediocre in korra
>>
>>77588163
no, korra is shit
>>
>>77588234
>It's a watered down avatar with lesbian ending.
FTFY also no buildup to said ending.
>>
>>77590424
Korra looked and acted like the most obvious dyke on the planet.
>>
>>77590439
Yeah being cock hungry for 2 seasons straight sure is how a dyke would act.
>>
>12 year old Aang avatar state
>dies
>>
>>77588357
>it makes the writing of the comics look good
OK, non-troll question here. Why exactly does /co/ hate the comics so much? I read the first one and loved it. The characterisation was spot on and the humour was fantastic. The second and third ones were perhaps kind of stale but they weren't BAD.

Pls assist.
>>
>>77587957
No shit, Aang had everything handed to him on a silver platter and had an insta-win godmode for all major battles. That's why everyone except /co/ thinks ATLA is so childish and inferior to LoK. It's a badly written western shounen anime.
>>
>>77590450
it's called a beard
>>
>>77590880
Except that doesn't make sense since Korra and Asami were legitimately into Mako.
Being a tomboy doesn't mean she is dyke, and there is nothing else to suggest that she would be dyke either.
>>
>>77590424
The worst part was the fake subtlety like where mako got pissed he didn't get letters and asami did. Nick prolly said no gay shit and the writers were like hey lets do it anyway so we can get away with our mediocre writing.
>>
>>77588152
Never saw Korra; were there any Shyamalan jokes?
>>
>>77590870
>Aang had everything handed to him on a silver platter and had an insta-win godmode for all major battles
>Korra had this too, but she was too selfish and lazy to try to work for it

>That's why everyone except /co/ thinks ATLA is so childish and inferior to LoK
kek
>>
>>77590964
there weren't any jokes, at all
Korra was awful
>>
>>77590955
The worst part is that Bryke pretends like it was the plan all along. Like they made some sort of progressive stance for LGBT, when in fact the whole thing comes off as last minute pandering (which it probably was).
>>
>>77588277
Did willis make us start referencing this?
>>
>>77590999
Spot the newfag
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.