[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rewatching STAS >in Two's a Crowd, Parasite agrees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 19
File: Parasite[1].jpg (49 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
Parasite[1].jpg
49 KB, 720x536
>rewatching STAS
>in Two's a Crowd, Parasite agrees to help Superman find a bomb if he gets cable in prison (with the premium channels of course)
>in Double Dose, Parasite helps Livewire fight Superman because he wants to get his dick touched

Holy shit this guy is the most based motherfucker in the DCAU.
>>
>>77587217
he really was just a regular guy who got into a chemical spill.. i mean he was a MINOR crook what with skirting safety laws, but that's it. he was basically trying to turn his life around the best he could, and this happened to him.. I think it's safe to say JLU really fucked his personality up as it did many villains
>>
>>77587702
Eh, I think it's fair to have him get more villainy as he has his powers for a longer amount of time, sort of a Ring of Gyges situation.
>>
>>77587702
They killed him too!
>>
>>77587803
well i mean in the past it was pretty clear he's looking out for #1, and is easy enough to motivate for good if convinced his good is everyone's good. like when that guy was using his body and it turned out he just wanted to blow everything up or whatever
but i vaguely recall him becoming pretty much a soulless monster in JLU because they didnt have time to really indulge in their personailties much.. and he wasn't the only one
>>
>>77587702
I don't want to get too off topic but if there is any villain I'm pissed about it's Clayface. The opening to an episode is Batman stopping him from curing himself. Then a scuffle breaks out with Volcana and maybe Copperhead was there but nope can't cure him because no reason.

Fuck you Batman
>>
>Cadmus, Luthor, et al go to the trouble of learning cloning and engineering so they can make copy superheroes as MAD, even though the results are iffy at best and they end up using them more as a threat than defense
>Meanwhile everyone Superman fights (or teams up with) has an easily repeatable and publically known origin story, but they never try to make another parasite, another livewire, another clayface
>>
>>77587803
Nah, he was too good of a character to remain a low level god tier power house who just wanted basic shit.

Well, he lowered himself to being a punching bag to bang Livewire a verifiable 5/10 lez.

But I don't fault the guy, he's horny as fuck after being locked up plus she has delicious power and pussy so he can recharge while he unloads.

JLU needed everyone and thing to be big and gaudy to make things work. Sometimes it was good many times it was not.
>>
>>77587827
I wouldn't say "soulless monster". More just badguy who did badguy shit. Maybe he got more into being a supervillain as the supervillain community grew.
>>
>>77587841
you're supposed to be upset about that. The moral of the story is that if you're a duplicitous actor, nobody will believe you even when you're telling the truth
just like later on when he starts losing his mind and parts of him become cute little girls, that's because if you be-an-actor long enough you lose yourself
>>
>>77587853
>>JLU needed everyone and thing to be big and gaudy to make things work. Sometimes it was good many times it was not.
this. you can even see it in the artstyle. superman becomes a brickhouse even by timm standards, batman gets long-as-fuck ears...
>>77587871
i just vaguely remember an episode where he was depicted as basically a ghoul speaking with a man's barely-remembered voice. i need to rewatch. this is great, i was just worried i was nearly out of shit to watch, but now you guys have convinced me to binge the DCAU
>>
>>77587217
>>
>>77587897
>a ghoul speaking with a man's barely-remembered voice
Uhh whatever that was that wasn't DCAU Parasite.
>>
>>77587822
Poor guy.
>>
>>77587913
jesus i'm not being literal, i'm saying i remember an episode where he wasn't himself, but can't get more specific than that. as someone else mentioned, JLU had to sacrifice a bit of nuance to make things big and dramatic
>>
Luminus was the best recurring minor villain.
>>
>>77587822
The huge amount of villains being killed off in the finale is easily the lamest part of that ending.
>>
File: Flash kicked.jpg (125 KB, 1283x720) Image search: [Google]
Flash kicked.jpg
125 KB, 1283x720
>>77588229
>>
>>77588260
Some science-nerd just drop-kicked the Flash, man.
>>
>>77588319
To be fair Mirror Master has the same powers and he does it
>>
>>77588250
Does it really matter since the series ended there?
>>
>>77589561
but muh fan fic
>>
>>77588319
it's Justic Leauge, everybody got nurfed.
>>
>>77589591
Not Batman.
>>
>>77589665
he had to ask for help once or twice. That's pretty nurfed compered to his usual shit.
>>
>>77589665
On JL Batman did stealth job, and collected information, he threw some bombs and boomerangs and them run to the shadows.

Kind of how Batman should be written on Justice League COMICS.
>>
>>77587851
I like to think Luthor's goons have mentioned those ideas to him a million times, and then he just gets mad and makes up some bullshit excuse on the spot to cover up the fact that if he's going to make a meta-human to kill Superman; it needs to be his OWN idea... Even if it'd be painfully easy to make another Livewire, or Parasite, or whatever.

As for anyone else's excuse, I can't say. Maybe they're worried the originals could easily kill the imitations if they tried muscling in on their thing.
>>
>>77591880
Morrison wrote him quite perfectly. Made him do some important things without nerfing other characters.
>>
>>77588250
some of them survived
but yeah that was weird
>>
>>77588250
>>77589561
Rationally, no, I guess it doesn't matter

It's just irksome that when they picked who to kill and who to spare, they killed long time series regulars Copperhead, Shade and Parasite, but chose to let Evil Star and Heatwave survive (both of whom are "literally whos?" in the context of the cartoon)

The fact that I really liked Copperhead, Shade and Parasite adds into my butthurt
>>
>>77596297
i think that was the idea. let someone else have a chance to shine
>>
>That episode where Terry is killed off-screen by the deedees
>>
>>77596426
Great episode, though.
And it was all undone by the end anyway.
>>
>>77587702
Well tbf besides Superman, Batman, Luthor, and Darkseid everyone else on B:TAS and S:TAS got the shaft. I mean Joker had one good appearance, Brainiac jobbed like he usually does and all the rest of Batman's and Superman's cast were pretty much cameos.
>>
>>77587217
He's an average Joe that got into a shitty situation and is just making the best of it. Not everyone needs to be a paragon of goodness or an irredeemable murderous cunt. Parasite's probably a bro if you get on his good side.
>>
>>77587905
he's clearly an ass man
>>
>>77587851
That's kind of a flaw of every cape story though.

There are oodles of characters with easily repeatable backstories but nobody does it. Also all the characters that are tech-based that don't share their tech. Even just with the main cast too. Batman could probably use a STAR labs jetpack so he can fly with everyone else instead of grappling around. Hawkgirl can get an Nth metal weapon for Wondy so she can bash things too. Wondy could get some magic shit from Hephaestus for Superman to help him deal with his weakness, etc.
>>
>>77587217
>Holy shit this guy is the most based motherfucker in the DCAU.

No one was more based than the Ultra Humanite. He took Batman's money, donated it to public television and annoys Luthor with his late night opera programs.
>>
>>77588250
If I remember right, weren't they frozen by Killer Frost and then the building they were in exploded? In comic books, that doesn't even count as a verifiable kill. You could easily bullshit them escaping unscathed and turning up later.
>>
>>77596907
Then bullshit it. Right now. How did they survive?
>>
>>77596929
A wizard did it.
>>
>>77588120
He had an episode where another bad guy possessed his body. You're probably thinking about that.
>>
>Finale
>Grodd leads rebellion against Luthor
>Luthor has Sinestro, Bizarro, Toyman, Giganta
>Grodd has people like Fastball, Goldface, and Crowbar

Gee I wonder which side gets horribly murdered
>>
>>77596679
mainly because of the ridiculous and frankly ought-to-be-illegal bat-embargo
>>
>>77596841
well we see he DOES have a jetpack. his main issue is lugging it around.
and nth metal isnt just lying around, it's back on thanagar, which she's not supposed to know where it is. and wonder woman already has magic crazymetal armor so she's fine. really it's superman who could use the nth metal armor, since that's what's magic-proof. i bet hephaestus couldnt even work with the stuff.
you have me thinking now..
>>
>>77596929
the same way the other survivors did
everyone frost DIDN'T freeze ALSO exploded, yet a large number of them survived and made it to earth. their explanation was like 'no time for that now'
i'm thinking.. luthor is really REALLY good at backup plans, and had a hell of an escape pod. like a 'senses the place about to blow up and flies around at mach 12 scooping up survivors' escape pod
>>
>>77597025
Grodd also had Parasite, Rampage, Killer Frost, Weather Wizard, Silver Banshee and Tala. Not exactly slouches.

Also, just in terms of sheer numbers, Luthor had like 10 guys. Grodd had literally every other member of the Secret Society
>>
>>77597094
>yet a large number of them survived and made it to earth. their explanation was like 'no time for that now'

I always assumed it was just Sinestro and Star Sapphire thinking quick on their feet and making a force field to protect the villains and fly them to earth
>>
>>77597094
They did explain what happened. Sinestro put a bubble around the handful of people around him at the time, then took everyone to Earth. Everyone not in that bubble was almost certainly incinerated

>>77597110
Grodd totally had powerful people, but they were mostly expendable people that none of the fans would miss. Rampage is strong, but no one ACTUALLY gives a shit about Rampage.
>>
>>77597094
In the commentary Timm confirmed that the frozen people died. They put established characters in there to give it more weight and they deliberately chose Parasite so it was clear that the cowardly leech-mouth Parasite from the Batman Beyond episode was a different guy.
>>
>>77591880
Yeah actually JL did a good job with giving batman moments but showing why he needs a team. Shoot batman practically lost to copperhead.
>>
Also, you ever notice how all the fap fodder villainesses sided with Luthor?
>>
>>77597138
oh yeah you're probably right
>>77597152
riiight yeah. it's been a while
>>77597172
eh he confirms a lot of things. besides, a few characters reappeared after that. they called it an error, but
>>
>>77597216
Every villaness was fap fodder, it's a comic book cartoon.
>>
>>77597216
It's the hair man
>>
>>77597216
Power is the world's most potent aphrodisiac, anon.
>>
>>77597235
No one was fapping to the man faced muscle bitch, or the skeleton face. And lo and behold, those two were the only two to get killed

And I've seen enough people call Tala a horseface to know that she wasn't exactly prime fap fodder either
>>
>>77597216
Well, yeah. Otherwise they'd probably have been groped and forced to suck off a gorilla at one point.
>>
>>77597094
>the same way the other survivors did

They were protected by Sinestro's power ring and went through a boom tube to Earth that Lex stole from Lightray?
>>
>>77597307
Isn't that what bitches in the DCAU wanted though?

Grodd nailed at least three. THat's three more than I would have expected. Dat animal magnetism
>>
>>77597296
>muscle bitch
>he doesn't want to be the plaything of Diana or Barda
>>
>>77597354
Fun fact: Gorillas have some of the smallest proportional penises in the animal kingdom. Like 3 inches.
>>
File: Rampage_DCAU.png (206 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Rampage_DCAU.png
206 KB, 500x281
>>77597373
Why must you insist on reading implications that aren't there?

I was specifically talking about one muscle bitch, and nothing about what I posted was a negative comment about muscle girls in general

And even if it was, Diana and Barda had the same body type as every other girl anyway, they weren't exactly muscle girls
>>
File: Silver_Banshee_BMU_2.png (1 MB, 1326x1050) Image search: [Google]
Silver_Banshee_BMU_2.png
1 MB, 1326x1050
>>77597296
>Shitting on Silver Banshee

Silver Banshee is cute, CUTE
>>
Fell in love again
What am I gonna tell my friends
(Tell my friends)
>>
>>77597415
Dem titties though.
>>
>>77597453
but dat face
>>
It's been awhile since I watched the end of JLU
Does anyone have a clip of all the villains dying?
>>
>>77597476
But dem TITTIES.
>>
>>77597415
Who the fuck is Rampage anyway? Is she anyone's rogue or just a generic JL villain from the comics?
>>
>>77597510
Superman villain, I think
>>
>>77589665
Batman got owned in JLU. Like the time Copperhead snuck up and bit him.
>>
>>77597071
Batman actively utilizes stuff from his rogues gallery. The Beyond suit's cloaking was from the Invisible Man from BTAS. He kept Freeze's gun.
>>
>>77597510
Superman Villian
Generic mousey scientist gets hit with powah rays and turns into huge different collored monstrosity when angry.
Was kinda popular in the 90's but fell off completely.

She's litterally a less interesing and attractive she-hulk. Or in this instance a butch lez shlick fantasy with larger tits so no one will mistake it for a creepily feminine male monster.
>>
Making good Superman villains that can come back after one appearance is really difficult. Seriously. Try it. The most you can do is a one-timer with a cool-ish gimmick that gets solved pretty easily
>>
>>77597296
skellyface wouldve been hot if she didnt have big manly-ass wild hair
>>
>>77597322
sure why not
>>77597390
smallest? i mean theyre small but are they that small proportionally? basically ungulates and pachyderms and pinnipeds and shit have gigantic ones because they have such barrel-like bodies, theyd never get it in otherwise.. carnivores have slightly smaller ones, and apesorts it varies. but i dunno cocksizes of a lot of other animals.
keep in mind kinda everything on a gorilla is huge, so maybe it just looks small
>>
>>77597424
whoa which version of her is that? i like it better than the DCAU one
>>
>>77597693
beyond was obviously not under the bat-embargo, we're talking about JLU here. he didn't use either of those in that
>>
>>77597693
oh, i confused your reply
uhh... yeah, what are you arguing about? that doesnt really agree with nor disagree with the post you replied to.
good eye about the beyond suit's cloaking coming from that invisible man, that totally went RIGHT past me.
i did like how that batwoman movie also gave us some of the suit's other capabilities, even if that movie was pretty damn unnecessary
>>
Eh, only JLU episode that really stuck with me that I liked was "Epilogue".
>>
>>77599730
that's why STAS was never able to right
oh wait they did
>>
>>77601153
One of the Batman Unlimited specials, "Monster Mayhem". They're targeted towards little kids but it was still pretty cool. Silver Banshee being included was neat.
>>
File: 383983.jpg (178 KB, 594x760) Image search: [Google]
383983.jpg
178 KB, 594x760
>>77599730
>take a shounen anime villain and paste it into a superman comic

Sure.
>>
>>77601153
BAtman Unlimited: MOnster MAyhem

It's actually the best animated version of Silver Banshee...not that there's very much competition
>>
>>77601129
Well, keep in mind how short a gorilla's legs are. So it would make sense for it to be three inches.
>>
>>77587702
SUPER HEROES DON'T STOP VILLAINS

SUPER HEROES MAKE VILLAINS
>>
>>77601310
For being blatantly toyetic films, I actually quite enjoyed thos Batman Unlimited specials.

Monster Mayhem had a DCAU-esque Joker performed by Troy Baker, and did a pretty top notch job of it too.
>>
Lobo was awesome on this show.

Even with the PG rating.
>>
>>77601412
Frag yeah
>>
>>77601129

An inch long dick is small unless your the size of a bottle cap

An inch long dick belonging to a 6 ft(upright) 400pound animal is just sad
>>
>>77601310
>>77601405
yeah batman unlimited is like... inverse of what marvel is doing right now. little kiddish concept but pretty good execution
>>
>>77601412
>>77601433
speaking of gorillas with 3-inch dicks.. brad garrett did a fantastic job
though YJ's lobo was fine too
>>
File: laughing backpack.jpg (92 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
laughing backpack.jpg
92 KB, 768x576
>>77601310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73pMMwoq0M0

>Master Shake as the Penguin
>>
File: super stare.png (94 KB, 359x507) Image search: [Google]
super stare.png
94 KB, 359x507
>>77589591
Except Superman. Bitchslapped Darkseid all over Metropolis and send him running like a little bitch.
>>
>>77601702
I like how Batman got to keep his transforming wolf bike for the other specials.
>>
>>77601442
no way a gorilla has a one-incher erect. i believed the 3 earlier
>>
>>77601702
is this just like "We wish we were doing some other show " show
>>
>>77601702
that is SO CLOSE to being cool. de-fuckup a few of the critter designs, make the robots make a bit more sense and not just magically morph like putty, get rid of the various robins i don't care about, this would be.. very cool
>>
File: 1443389427528.gif (482 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1443389427528.gif
482 KB, 300x300
>>77601899

But what if Parasite parasited Darkseid? Wouldnt he too be able to slap darkseid around, plus eye lazers?
>>
>>77597025
why was sinestro loyal to luthor anyways
>>
>>77602056
Because Sinestro is smart.
>>
>>77602056
Because Grodd's plan was to turn every human on Earth into apes.
>>
>>77602056
Why was Sinestro even putzing around on Earth helping a bunch of criminals pull heists in the first place?

BEcause Timm and Dini gave no fucks
>>
>>77602056
Because pre-Johns where Sinestro was very much a jobber who could get taken out by the likes of Green Arrow.
>>
>>77602015
i dont think he could handle it
>>
>>77596858
And he helped the Flash save those orphans' Christmas.
>>
>>77601914
The average is about 1.5 inches.
>>
>>77597046
That was the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

If they had aired today, people would have no issue with shoving as much batshit as possible into it
>>
>>77601899
Superman was actually pretty nerfed throughout the DCAU.

It's really the only way to make him work
>>
>>77604171
you realize you agree with me, right?
>>
File: CW-06-BombMan-Art.jpg (17 KB, 270x241) Image search: [Google]
CW-06-BombMan-Art.jpg
17 KB, 270x241
>>77597415
Bomb Man?
>>
>>77604238
yeah i appreciated his limits. he was still fucking powerful, just not boringly so.
Superman needs to be, at bare minimum, strong and fast enough that when he moves it seems instantaneous, effortless, and believably capable of breaking through a wall without even flinching. he's a human bullet. that's perfect. If someone has a goddamn high powered rocket launcher it should be able to slow him down briefly. if someone commands LIGHTNING it should be enough to weaken his ass.
>>
>>77587217
Man, I loved this show, but the art (particularly character designs) was so shit.
>>
>>77604501
I think you misread something. I never intended to disagree with you.
>>
Anyone know where a good torrent of STAS can be found?
>>
File: tumblr_nctrva4Mly1tijkw9o1_1280.jpg (277 KB, 1280x897) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nctrva4Mly1tijkw9o1_1280.jpg
277 KB, 1280x897
>>77606863
>the art (particularly character designs) was so shit.

I love this show with all my heart, but yeah, I have to agree.

When I look at what might have been, I just want to cry. And then they applied the same shitty aesthetic to Batman!
>>
>>77606863
it was economical. as action shows go, this is all you can do without resorting to the japanese.
>>
>>77607093
so when you say retarded you're talking about the bat-embargo
well i'm sad to say they're still doing dumbass shit like that now. they had this shit set up for harley quinn to appear in one of the DC shows/movies but they wouldnt let them so she could appear in another..
and sometimes they force tv shows to be like movies and/or tie in with them, but other times they force them NOT to be when they'd actually like to tie in.
>>
>>77602056
They never used Sinestro in Justice League so he was just an add-on character without any personality.

I guess since it was Stewart and not Hal they decided using Sinestro wouldn't be worthwhile.
>>
>>77587217

DCAU Parasite made Parasite as a character one of my favorite DC villains.
>>
File: philosoraptor.jpg (61 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor.jpg
61 KB, 432x432
>>77587217
If Parasite dicks someone
Does he absorb their powers?
Or just their AIDS?
>>
>>77601340
>Jonathan and Martha Kent: Undead Farmers.
>>
>>77607277
oh you meant STAS as opposed to BTAS
yeah it's a downgrade but.. eh. it wasnt that great to begin with. it's no young justice or direct to dvd superhero movie quality
>>
>>77607908
>not hal
you mean not kyle. in dcau sinestro is kyle's villain.
i fucking loved dcau's kyle. awesome guy. real shame we didnt get him, but he would have been redundant with wally.. though the original dcau wally was a bit more of a smarmy asshole than a jokester.. also had more of a tan.
then again not rigidly sticking to previous appearances is what got us the best aquaman ever (fuck you brave and the bold aquaman was funny but he wasnt a superhero let alone aquaman, he was a cartoon) because the one in STAS wasnt that good. weirdly i NEVER saw him during the original runs, i didnt believe people when they said he appeared on superman
>>
>>77602169
Yeah, and what was Luthor's plan? Make everyone bald?
>>
>>77608382
To become immortal I think.
>>
>/co/ - Gorilla dicks
>>
File: 40.png (758 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
40.png
758 KB, 900x900
>>77608382
To steal Forty cakes
Idiot
>>
>>77596929
Not him, but I'd just introduce a DCAU version of one of the time traveling villains like Monarch/Extant to explain them surviving, heck you could use that to bring back other dead characters as well
>>
File: CptMarvelSuperman.gif (3 MB, 315x177) Image search: [Google]
CptMarvelSuperman.gif
3 MB, 315x177
this was actually pretty satisfying to watch.
>>
>>77602473
He was pretty cool in the Superman episode with Kyle Rayner.
>>
>>77608382
To fuse with Braniac.
>>
File: Tala.png (63 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Tala.png
63 KB, 350x263
>>77597296
>not fapping to tala
well now you're just being ridiculous
>>
File: latest.jpg (51 KB, 712x534) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
51 KB, 712x534
>>77614273
i thought her va hammed it up a bit sometimes, but yeah she was hot,
banged the flash and all that.
that being said she's no circe though
>>
Since people are talking about fap fodder, you guys should get excited for injustice unlimited by sunsetriders7
>>
>>77614537
>Circe makes Diana think she's a pig every year while keeping her body and goes around making her slut it up in mud and shit
>>
>>77601702
At last, Backseid's plans have come to fruition!
>>
>>77613595
Best fight in the DCAU
>>
>>77613595
>>77616955

DCAU actually did the Man of Murder fight scene right by staging it in a newly built purposely deserted city.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.