[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are DC's smartest scientists? Who's the best at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: TO_Morrow_002.jpg (76 KB, 395x650) Image search: [Google]
TO_Morrow_002.jpg
76 KB, 395x650
Who are DC's smartest scientists? Who's the best at hacking, the best at AI, the best at robotics, the best weapons technology, etc.?
>>
>>77587146

Dr. Morrow
Dr. Sivana
Dr. Will Magnus
Dr. Niles Caulder

Among others. The DCU has a shitload of mad scientists. Hell, even Luthor was originally a mad scientist before he got rewritten as an evil politician/businessman. He's still one of the smartest people on the planet. Mr. Terrific also is supposedly the third smartest person, having multiple doctorates in various scientific fields along with Olympic track-and-field gold medals.
>>
>>77587146
>Smartest
Probably Sivanna
>Hacking
Pre-52 it was Calculator, idk now
>Robots
Morrow/Magnus/Caulder
>>
>>77587299
Who's first and second?
>>
Sivanna's a typical mad scientist creep and Caulder's supposed to be sort of a proud jerk, right? What are the others' personalities generally like?
>>
>>77587459
depends on whether you're talking about science or actual smarts.

science is generally
>palmer
>terrific
>morrow, sivana, magnus or luthor

smarts is normally
>luthor
>wayne
>terrific
with batman and lex being interchangeable
>>
>>77587508
Then why does Mister Terrific get a permanent #3 spot? Is it supposed to be some affirmative action shit?
>>
File: quintum2.jpg (30 KB, 380x377) Image search: [Google]
quintum2.jpg
30 KB, 380x377
Its slightly too bad that Quintum in not in the DC universe. He would probably be top dog. But in the hands of anyone but Morrison he would come off as Goofy and they would take away his..um Style
>>
>>77587521
No, I think it's just so they can establish that he's extremely smart but not have to specify who #1 is
>>
>>77587521

Nah that was just the byline he got in JSA and no one ever clarified the rankings.

Both Michael Holt and the original Golden Age Mr. Terrific (Terry Sloan) are fantastically talented athletes and scientists. In fact Terry's whole rationale for becoming a superhero was basically "I'm so perfect at everything I do that I'm bored and want a different challenge."
>>
>>77587459
That's pure nonsense.
Marvel's "Eight Smartest People" thing was completely retarded.
>>
>>77587552
All-Star Superman was pretty much reimagined Silver Age, he wouldn't fit with modern DC.
I'm more mad that Samson isn't in DC Comics.
>>
>>77587507
Sivana is full blown classic mad scientist with over the top schemes and sometimes intense hatred of magic on top of that.

Modern Caulder is a manipulative asshole with very little morals; pre-flashpoint he did have some decency left and at times felt guilty about it though.

Morrow is a megalomaniac and a stereotypical keikaku master (it's sad Weiseman barely used him in YJ because he's perfect for his writing style), he has a complex moral code and won't work with certain supervillains (it's related to him being retconned into a Polish Jew who survived the Holocaust in the 80s); he's also Magnus' mentor and occasional best friend and respects certain heroes, like Wondy.

Magnus is a nice person all around, he just wants to help peoplel and work on his robots; he's shown to have an odd friend/enemy rivalry with Caulder quite often but simultaneously is friends with a good chunk of the Patrol. As said above, his mentor was T. O. Morrow and regardless of different alignments, they respect each other and worked together on many occasions. He's also bipolar.

There's also professor Ivo who's generic mad scientist: immortality edition. He's evil because his experiments disfigured him and he blames heroes for it.

I don't know much about Ray Palmer and either Mr. Terrific so can't help you with these.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 240x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 240x505
>>77587146
>>
Talking about Sivana, dooes anyone have that panel where he maths his way through a solid prison wall? I know I saw it on /co/ but I haven't been able to find it ever since.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 552x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 552x449
>>77590409
>>
File: thumbnail.ashx.jpg (106 KB, 250x293) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.ashx.jpg
106 KB, 250x293
>>77590440
>>
>>77590440
god damn I love this shit
>>
File: mallah01.jpg (139 KB, 500x507) Image search: [Google]
mallah01.jpg
139 KB, 500x507
>no mention of the Brain yet

He should be up there too.
Also, I like how these threads always end with posting ridiculous panels rather than pure wank that "smartest character in Marvel" ones do.
>>
>>77590480
Remember kids, math kills. Always study with a designated tutor.
>>
File: new52caulder.jpg (162 KB, 839x381) Image search: [Google]
new52caulder.jpg
162 KB, 839x381
>>77587507
In the New 52 - yeah, he's basically a government-sanctioned supervillain now, really.

Before it was a bit more complicated, Morrison/Pollack DP era is where the idea of Caulder's intentions not being noble comes from but he was sort of flip-flopping between this and feeling guilty about manipulating others and actually trying to help them at the time (then Byrne came and declared it "not muh"and then there's Giffen's Caulder threatening the UN).
>>
>>77590440

Thank you anon. You're a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>77590480
Brutal
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.