[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Awful Retcons Everbody Would Hate that You Would Love To Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: IAmNotGroot.jpg (536 KB, 1000x691) Image search: [Google]
IAmNotGroot.jpg
536 KB, 1000x691
Pic related. So co, recently I've gotten a stupid, stupid idea in my head: What if a character that's been around for decades was an impostor? not like a Skrull or anything, what if they had an enormous long con where they pretended to be someone they weren't until the best possible moment, down to their very appearance, powerset, and personality?

Enter Groot.

Groot's pretty cool. He says only three words and can regenerate from almost anything. But this is what makes him ripe for something like this. What if Groot isn't actually "Groot"? What if some alien or magical being has been pretending to be this mysterious ent thing for years in order to set up a perfect moment to take over perhaps not just the universe, but the entire multiverse?

So yeah, that's my stupid retcon. Anyone else have anything they'd love to indulge?
>>
what if superman was a lil hamster in a robot suit
>>
>>77581489
you mean like when they revealed groot wasn't groot but a child member of the same species that's been pretending to be groot the king of planet x?

>>77581526
i'm pretty sure that happened on robot chicken
>>
>>77581489
Kitty pryde was a inhuman all along
>>
The Kryptonians aren't actually dead. Superman, Supergirl and Zod are all part of a test by Krypton elders to see how their species can adapt in new world's. The back story we know was made up as an excuse to stop superman from looking too hard at it all

Would this be the biggest recon ever? Seems like a good elseworlds actually.
>>
>>77581586
Groot first appeared as a villain in a one-shot in the 60's. His modern appearance had to have some kind of explanation to explain it all
>>
Symbiotes and Skrull both trace back to the same planet/species.
>>
Magik isn't a mutant and the power was just the results of being aged up with magic. It would make her connection to limbo make more sense.
>>
>>77581489
They did, he was apparently impersonating the king of planet x. So this Groot isn't related to the one from the 60's, and he probably isn't the other Groot that was in that series no one remembers.
>>
>>77581789
This would make sense
>>
>>77581645
main question then is where all the kryptonite came from
also that kryp city in a bottle
>>
>>77581946
.....why?
>>
Spider-Man was secretly gay all along, and only a meeting with young Jean finally reveals it.

On national television.

Osborn tapes the whole thing.
>>
>>77581968
cause they both can shift about an that
>>
they did it with mokona on magic knight rayearth

it worked pretty well
>>
What, like his name was actually Derrick or something?
>>
Miles is Magic. The Spider was a dud but used as a red herring by a magical entity.
X-23's mom is the true donor of her X chromosome and it's not a double.
>>
>>77581489
Dum Dum Dugan.
>>
Batman and Catwoman's history being retconned to resemble how they are on Gotham in any way.
>>
>>77581705
Well, Groot was some kind of a villain. I mean, he was imprisoned and taken to a maximum security prison when he met Rocket for a reason.
>>
>>77581489
every single animal themed hero and villain in Marvel either is, or has the potential to be, a fully qualified totem, the same way Spider-Man is.
To 'activate' the potential they just have to go on a vision quest, pass some trials, then talk to their spirit animal about what it means to be whatever animal they're themed after and accept them.

Naturally some would reject their totem god, some would try to game the system, and some would try to kill their god for more power
>>
Punisher actually isn't Frank, but another, mysterious character, whose name is also Frank; it's a well-hidden secret that he killed and ate Frank around three years prior to Punisher's adventures.
>>
Stardust is real and he runs for president
>>
>>77581489

It's not really a retcon as such, but if I got hold of the DC properties somehow, I would retire Batman permanently. Turn him into a pure mentor character, white hair and wrinkles, not have him do anything directly.
>>
Everything after Robinson's Earth 2 was a horrible fever dream Jay Garrick had. The series restarts directly after #16.

The All New All Different Spider-Woman is Ultimate Jessica Drew, who accidentally took over her 616 counterpart during Secret Wars.

Batman was the the criminal who shot Bruce Wayne's parents, looking for redemption, while the real Bruce Wayne grew insane and became the Joker.
>>
>>77581956
Kryptonite was just some rock they had on Krypton that they knew was their weakness and had it planted on Earth beforehand as a challenge.

Kandor can still exist with or without Krypton's destruction. Brainiac still stole the city only this time the planet wasn't destroyed a few years later. He tries the same with Metropolis and Supes kicks his ass and takes back Kandor, thinking it's the last remaining intact piece of his homeworld.

Or hell, maybe Brainiac is what tips him off to it. Supes tries to reclaim Kandor from him since it's all that's left of Krypton and Brainiac informs him that Krypton is in fact just fine.
>>
Tim Drake's real name isn't actually Tim Drake. Oh wait
>>
>>77581489
batman never escaped from the life trap
>>
>>77581981

jesus. osborn would probably make it his mission to fuck spider man
>>
>>77582106
I wouldn't be so sure. Earth has plenty of bullshit laws and space probably does as well.
>>
>>77581633
>>77581863
I would actually retcon many mutants into non mutants because it would fit them better and would give them a chance in another franchise to have the exposure it is denied so much in the X-Men books

and because I fucking hate Xfags.
>>
>>77581489
The current Peter Quill is actually from cancerverse.
It would explain how he basically became a new person after the Thanos Imperative. Then maybe through some cosmic/time travel fuckery they could bring the real one back and a certain bucket head back.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.