[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scariest/best written version of the Joker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: joker.jpg (26 KB, 236x346) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
26 KB, 236x346
Scariest/best written version of the Joker?
>>
Morrison's.
>>
File: Jokerrotj.jpg (125 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Jokerrotj.jpg
125 KB, 600x450
TAS Joker > Comics Joker
>>
>>77575663
Trickster.
>>
>>77575687
>>77576191
These two tbqh
>>
File: Jared Leto Joker.png (2 MB, 1162x1440) Image search: [Google]
Jared Leto Joker.png
2 MB, 1162x1440
>>77575663

You all cowards don't even tattoo your face
>>
>>77575663
>Scariest
Kinda misses the point of the Joker. When was the last time he was actually funny?
>>
>>77576221
>A Very Trickster Christmas, Featuring Zoom, Guest Starring: Wally West
I hope you're hyped.
>>
>>77576191
>TAS
The one in Mask of the Phantasm in particular.
you know he raped the poor mobster

Funny as hell, too. And dat laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI
>>
File: 1.jpg (385 KB, 1114x1280) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
385 KB, 1114x1280
Detective Comics 826 Joker, also written by Dini.
>>
File: Detective Comics #826.jpg (238 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Detective Comics #826.jpg
238 KB, 1024x768
>>77578083
I enjoy that story very much.

Would have been great animated and voiced, but because Batman's not the main character it would never happen.
>>
>>77578025
Exactly. Phantasm Joker is the best joker in the world.
>>
>>77575663
What, no love for John DiMaggio's Joker in Under the Red Hood? I thought he was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLwXcRq388M
>>
>>77578083
That one is up there for me as well. I prefer my Joker to be in it for the entertainment and not the homolust.
>>
Scary? Not sure OP. I mean the Joker in AK got me a couple of times with the jump-scares, though that's more of a startle than a scare. I like the way TAS Joker was written best, truly was a good balance of insanity and joviality (yet still network TV friendly, no small feat.).
>>
>>77578299
I liked how physically imposing he was.
Every version of the Joker has just been this weedly little snake of a guy, but DiMaggio's Joker seemed like the kinda guy who could totally murder you with his bare hands if you were locked in a room with him.
>>
>>77578299
>We got LITERALLY ONE good DC movie with Nightwing in it before the New 52 chucklefucks took over.
>>
>lol the one in the games was kinda scary!
>look at these animated series videos
>what about these actors?
And barely any mention of the comics. /co/, everyone.

Personally, I liked Joker the most in
'Tec #741 and through all of Endgame. No, not the shitty Snyder story.
>>
File: Kefka_CGI_artwork.jpg (550 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Kefka_CGI_artwork.jpg
550 KB, 1024x768
A BETTER JOKER THAN THE JOKER
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 400x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 400x230
>>77576191
Joker's JLU/RotJ animated design is so great.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 696x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 696x1000
Arkham Origins also had a spectacular young Joker design and the best story of the series.
>>
>>77577591
>>77575687
These and Emerson's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udgre4v_L4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Pa-Ff-NXA

He's creepy as hell. TDKR's Joker is already scary, but Emerson's serene voice with subtle notes of madness in it and laughter (which in my opinion is scarier than Hamill's) only makes him worse.
>>
File: The Joker.jpg (373 KB, 1166x659) Image search: [Google]
The Joker.jpg
373 KB, 1166x659
>>
>>77577623
joker is supposed to be funny and scary nigga

few people can manage that

also joker has been reinvented so many times like for fuck's sake there's no definitive take just some constants in a variable form
>>
>>77579297
>Rucka
>good anything
No.
>>
>>77579807
>I didn't read it
>>
>>77579654
>Arkham Origins also had a spectacular young Joker design

Yes

>the best story of the series.

No
>>
>>77579654
That's supposed to be spectacular? Ever since The Dark Knight the smile lipstick that goes beyond his mouth is just cringey.
>>
File: Detective-741-23 .jpg (278 KB, 978x1535) Image search: [Google]
Detective-741-23 .jpg
278 KB, 978x1535
>>77579823
I read it, fuckwit.
There's nothing scary or well-written about that Joker. It's just needlessly edgy tripe with no actual fear factor.
>>
as a comic fan when was the last time you cared about joker? I feel like his popularity at least among more seasoned readers has waned in the past few years
>>
>>77579857
It was built upon in the story, as everyone searched for the Joker frantically and against the clock, building suspense. That moment also lies on Sarah's attachement on the reader based on her previous role since Cataclysm. I've always loved how she was more of a survivor than even Jim, remaining calm at all times when she was cut off of Gotham. And then that happens. It's a strong moment for the Joker. More than Jason's death, I think, even though that one is endlessly mentioned. People hated the kid so much they voted for his death, c'mon. Sarah was an actual character.
>>
>>77575663
For me is the one from Morrison in Arkham and Miller from TDKR.
The lines of darling, b-bat-batman and the whole dialogue of him not being able to sleep because tomorrow is the day against Batman are perfect.
>>77579718
I like Emerson work with the Joker, but I think the second movie failed in deliver what made the joker from TDKR so special, the way he is almost all the battle against batman calm and serious, he even says how Bats lose his mind, and how weird the situation is, in a really fancy and relax way. He only shows familiar attitude to the end, when bruce already broke his neck.
>>
>>77579933
>building suspense
And failed at it because Rucka is a terrible writer. There was no suspense because Rucka was rushing things and everything happened way too fast.
>Sarah was an actual character.
Those "people" are a samefag and butthurt Graysonfags. Pre-resurrection Jason was fantastic and his death was truly touching and memorable as shit as Death in the Family itself was.
Sarah was a disposable bland character who died appropriately. I couldn't care less for her in Cataclysm, I couldn't care less for her there.
>>
>>77580025
At this point you have to be trolling. Jason was only good pre crisis (if anything, art-wise) and Death in the Family was a drawn out comic with old fashioned art (referring to the coloring here as well) that failed to match the tone of the story. Sarah had -- let me check the numbers here -- 13 years more than Jason to resonate with the readers. You must be one of those people who only care for the meta importance of characters. Jason had an R in his chest, so his comics must matter more.
>>
>>77580154
Can this board ever argue without making stupid assumptions?
I don't care for that. He was the only Robin I actually liked, before Hack Winick resurrected (and ruined) him in his shitty storyline at least.
Sarah was never good and it doesn't matter how many years she existed, she was still a shit character and her death makes me feel absolutely nothing.
>>
>>77580287
>Can this board ever argue without making stupid assumptions?
>After saying 'those "people" are a samefag and butthurt Graysonfags'
>>
How was the Gotham central issue with him?
>>
>>77580397
It was a whole arc, unless I'm remembering wrong, and it was amazing. He felt like a real(istic) threat and the art was pretty cinematic.
>>
>>77579857
Holy shit. She dropped her gun to catch a stupid baby. What the fuck dude, if she'd been a guy she would've blown his head off.
>>
Putting in another vote for Grant Morrison, Paul Dini (comics and animated), and UTRH.

Also, I'm not a fan of the Dark Knight movies, but Heath Ledger gave a pretty good, pretty disturbing performance.

The newer Bat-comics have really made me tired of the Joker though, don't like Snyder's version at all, I really hope he stays gone for a while.
>>
>>77577723
That's not actually the name of the episode, right?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.