[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Runaways
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: Volume-2.jpg (626 KB, 1280x1908) Image search: [Google]
Volume-2.jpg
626 KB, 1280x1908
What went wrong?
>>
>>77575445
Josh Whedon
>>
>>77575445
They should never have come back after volume 1
>>
>>77575565
Pretty much this.
>>
>>77575445
Too many gays.
>>
>>77575445
marvel forgot about them
>>
>>77577476

Id argue the problem is the opposite
>>
>>77577476
>>77577491
The problem is more like they don't know what to do with them.
>>
>>77577545
Kill this one, make the male love interest a female so we get lesbians
>>
Volume 3 poisoned the well.

Been ages did Gert actually revive?
>>
Delayed to hell and then no consistency in creative teams. The book needs a strong vision.
>>
File: joss-whedon.jpg (65 KB, 630x500) Image search: [Google]
joss-whedon.jpg
65 KB, 630x500
>>77575539
came here to post this
>>
>>77577704
>>77577738
Only Volume 1 was good, and the story works better in a self-contained universe.
>>
Vaughn took a backseat to Whedon.

Original Runaways is so good, it's a series that legitimately deserves revisits.
>>
>>77577762
Quicksilver was 10/10 fuckable in aou. The one in dofp seems like a brother type of dude
>>
>>77575539
>>77577762
Runaways is his best work, though.
>>
Whedon
>>
Nick Spencer wasn't handed the book
>>
>>77575445
They got too involved in the wider universe instead of wrapping up their own story.
>>
>>77578223
that's sad to hear
>>
I've seen this thread five times.
>>
>>77577436
Only the sparkle girl was gay.
>>
>>77575445
It had a great initial story, but once the initial story was wrapped up and done, you had a bunch of characters with no direction. Their story was essentially finished. They had no place left in society. But the story had to continue for the big dollaridoos, so they just got half-assed adventures. They went from a fully planned out story right into monster of the week (to be honest I hardly remember anything past the initial story) and it was a very noticeable difference.
>>
>>77575445
Made the smart black guy without powers or anything special the surprise irredeemable backstabber.
>>
>>77581205
But that was the best thing of the story, anon.
>>
Delays from Whedon's run and a sub-par start to volume 3 buried it for a time.

Then came Dennis "I don't even understand the nature of compassion" Hopeless hit them.
>>
>>77575445
They wore out nico's pussy
>>
>>77575445
That they couldn't give it a consistent creative team. After BKV left the title it was basically relaunched after every story arc.
>>
File: 1446777798131.jpg (83 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1446777798131.jpg
83 KB, 960x720
>>77577876
>tfw Quicksilver is my favorite character
>tfw we finally get him in a movie
>tfw I kind of look like Aaron Taylor Johnson
>tfw am excited for my favorite character to be an easy self-insert
>tfw he dies in one movie
>>
Pride and Alyx died
Fat chick was put in charge
Went to absolute shit right after that.
>>
They killed gert
>>
>>77575445
It was never all that great in retrospect and everything after v1 is shit save Xavin.
>>
>>77578455
Their story was wrapped up in like..volume one.
And done well.
The didn't have anywhere else to go. Vaughn Created a well thought out fun self contained story and didn't leave any hanging threads like...another kid coming in at the last second with their parents or Alyx escaping and ending up in Latveria or the Staff accidentally summoning something really fucked up or something.
It's just a single well done story in comics.
To be honest. Runaways should have just been a small series of selfcontained stories with little interaction with the rest of the marvel universe.
>>
>>77580908
They basically retconnd NIco into being quasi college gay so they could give flying pride flag a reason to feel all highschool lesbian angst over the girl she couldn't bang.

Then they brought in the shape/sex changing fucktard who added little to the plot outside of being a genderqueer skrull and something for said girl to fuck.
Just like the lame ass electric robot dork.
>>
File: scrooge1.jpg (269 KB, 1600x1570) Image search: [Google]
scrooge1.jpg
269 KB, 1600x1570
>>77575445
>expecting me to give a shit about orphans

- Jim Carey
>>
>>77575445
Capes have fucked over every teen character since the Titans first run. Why don't they just let them develop past the generic teenager plots? They always have to regress mentality after the first run so the same tired character flaws and tropes can be rehashed.
>>
>the only volume 1 was good meme

Bullshit, in a lot of ways BKV's work on volume 2 was equal to or surpassed volume 1. Runaways was good because BKV worked to carve out a really strong three dimensional cast of teen characters. It didn't matter if the story at hand was heavily tied to the marvel universe at large or not, it was strong because the characters were so good.

It really died because no one besides BKV could maintain the level of character work
>>
>>77585369
Volume two was unmemorable garbarge and no one gives a fuck.
Only the originals the original runaways were good and only in the first volume.
>>
>>77585553
Except Victor is the best Runaway and the ending of volume 2 was more impactful than the ending of volume 1
>>
>>77585603
Boring robot faggot and what happened at the end of volume two?
NOTHING important?
Wow.
No really, what happened. I can't remember.
>>
Whedon killed all the momentum on the book.
>>
>>77577802
Volume 2 was good until Joss.
I mean, it had Cowboy Werewoofs.
>>
File: Xavin.png (2 MB, 970x1372) Image search: [Google]
Xavin.png
2 MB, 970x1372
>>77584947
Xavin is dumb. Everyone realised he actually identified as a guy, only he and Karolina didn't want to accept it. They wanted to be together but it would've never worked.
>>
Don't forget that Alex is alive and part of a team of Definitely Not Nazis.
>>
>>77585603
>Victor is the best Runaway
Victor as a character is alright, but his background and the relation he had with Ultron was just stupid.
>>
How would you guys feel if they brought the original members of The Pride back?
>>
>>77585103

Wait, so they have it confirmed that Nico actually DID wanna fuck Dean?
>>
>>77575445
They serve no further purpose.
They were meh in the first place
>>
>>77588627
That would be a terrible development.

The Pride's power came from the fact that they secretly had their hands in every facet of society: the police, the media, prostitution, drug dealing. They were able to turn everything and everyone against the Runaways because no one would believe they existed.

But they were exposed, they've lost all of their power and influence. They're just a bunch of low level D-List Kingpin wannabes.
>>
>>77585603
Victor was only good cause he was hot and had a canon big penis.
>>
>>77575445
Can anyone recommend me some comics focusing with young adults/teens/kids? Whether they're in a group or solo. Doesn't have to be superhero stuff, but I don't mind if it is.

I like it when they're put into serious situations and can't rely on adults.

I just haven't read many comic books so I don't really know where to start.
>>
>>77589471
I don't know about that. They did have powers we never got to see in action much. Well aside from the young version of Alex's dad. Not saying they are strong but they could be C or B list maybe.
>>
Runaways movie when?
>>
>>77589919

Never. They don't fit into the Avengers meta-story.
>>
>>77589919

They were casting, remember? Niggas just never got around to it. And then MCU happened.
>>
>>77589527
It's a robot that was litterally built as a sex toy. It's personality does not grow far beyond that.
>>
>>77589527
>and had a canon big penis
I am glad to see that Ultron still has his priorities straight.
>>
>>77590083
Actually he was designed by his "mother". Ultron only built him.
>>
>>77575445
I dropped it after time travel arc.
>>
Not enough cute lolis and 1 of the 2 they did have was used goods. Gross
>>
>>77575445
It was shit from the get go.
>>
>>77590083
wew lad
>>
>>77589209
No. That anon is making shit up.
>>
>>77590727
>was used goods
Who?
>>
>>77592096
not him but wasn't it implied that the plant girl was raped.
>>
>Marvel
That's where it went wrong.
>>
>>77584835
Hell be back for inhumans. He has to marry crystal and have babies
>>
>>77585369
I really didn't mind Whedon ( past the slowness), Moore (past ramos) or even the last chick, except her bit was never finished. I could say I didn't like everything about it but it wasn't Arena.

I mean I've had some books I read absolutely devastated by new writers so as far as they went it wasn't bad.

I think the part that fucked them up is the breaking up and sprinkling into the marvel universe. Avengers AI, Arena and Undercover, this girl power book with Nico. Karolina/other rainbow chick-- That ruined them.
>>
>>77592176
Oh, right, right. I keep forgetting about her.
>>
I actually liked most of Whedon's run, it just dragged on for a fucking eternity and killed the momentum of the comic. And then they revamped the book, gave it shit art, changed Chase back to an asshole dudebro...

I loved Whedon's run, actually. All those old comic book references. It had the Yellow Kid!
>>
>>77589919
Never.
>>
>>77575445
Hopeless.
>>
>>77577820
BKV quit though, Whedon revived it and did a self contained story that wasn't as good but very readable. It's the shit authors later that turned it into poison that should be avoided at all costs.

this is proof that /co/ doesn't read comics and just hates Whedon to be on the band wagon with the hivemind
>>
>>77592176
>raped
she was married anon
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.