[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate them again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: Spider-Man and Miss America.png (403 KB, 546x456) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man and Miss America.png
403 KB, 546x456
Why do people hate them again?
>>
Lame characters.
>>
They're overpowered and don't really have interesting personalities. Or good stories.
>>
People hate Miles because Bendis.
>>
Miss America is a boring bitch with a shitty attitude.

Miles is just there.
>>
>>77574189
I like him

I hate her.
>>
One of them is also an attempt at appropriating a more famous character in the name of pc and diversity while contributing nothing worthwhile.
>>
They're tokens.
>>
>>77574189
Crappy costume on the left. Miles is cool.
>>
>>77574189
People hate Ms. America because they're put off by her aggressive personality, and the fact that other characters fellate her so much that she can feel kinda mary sue-ish.

People hate Miles because Bendis-memes and he's black.
>>
>>77574269
This, and both are overpowered as fuck, America made me hate Ultimates because they made Monica Rambeau go all "omg i've never seen something like that!!!!"
>>
Miles is like Peter Parker's shadow, a small dark parody.
>>
>>77574292
Ms America is on the LGBTAvengers+ she's not really a token.
Though from the sounds of it she's kind of a cunt, but I've never really read her.

Miles on the otherhand is really boring, his character arc can't get past the "Can I really live up to Pete" shtick, what little personality he has is bland, and his fights always go "Fight, Fight, Begin Losing, Venom Sting, Auto-Win".
Also they killed off what should've been a bigger longer standing villain way too early.
>>
>>77574189
It's weird, I'm latino and I'm unrionically offended by America Chavez.
>>
black
>>
>>77574189
>Left one
A overpowered bitch
>Right no
No personality and lacking in stories.
>>
>>77574189

Miss America usually comes as an unlikeable bitch in the stuff I've seen her in. Is she always like that?
>>
>>77574326
It's not like America moved at the same speed as Monica, she was just moving in slow motion while Monica was in light speed.
>>
>>77574389
Being unlikeable bitch is what passes for "sassy woman" in comics today.
>>
>>77574189
miles is a plank of wood and while Ms America has a personality, she has shown a lot of traits that people hate (STUBBORN) while not making up for that with things people like

compare to kamala, who people really like
>>
Okay, so:

Miles I dislike because after all the promise of the character...Bendis did nothing with him. Outside his opening arc, Bendis just kept playing "Don't be like Peter, be Miles", but all he does is keep comparing him to Peter. Not to mention EVERY MAJOR FIGHT HE'S IN ENDS WITH HIM VENOM BLASTING! No seriously, every major threat goes down when he goes "OH YEAH! I can do this!"

Chavez I liked at first, but she quickly worn thin. People say Superman is boring cause of his powers, but at least Superman faces consequences and goes through low moments. Chavez is Superman who never gets beaten and is never told she's wrong. In fact, she's constantly encouraged by acting in an aggressive and sometimes selfish manner. She's irritating because she's so strong but she learns no lessons or humility. She's just self-righteous anger.
>>
>>77574189
Miss America is someone who just kinds of shows up and is stronger than everyone while also having an attitude about it. Unless you identify with her character or something, she's easily found to be annoying.
Miles just needs a better chance to be his own Spider-Man.
>>
>>77574189

Miles is cool. Is the let one so much of importance? I saw her a couple of times and I didn't even care for her.
>>
They're both products of PROGRESSIVENESS

One's gay and one's a black replacement for a longrunning white guy.
>>
File: 1443935069199.jpg (9 KB, 280x174) Image search: [Google]
1443935069199.jpg
9 KB, 280x174
>>77574438
>Chavez is Superman who never gets beaten and is never told she's wrong
Secret Wars started going on that direction, but then it went right back.
>>
Ms Chavez is a mary sue with an a terrible personality, only made worse by the fact everyone loves her despite the fact that she's a bitch to everyone, and a recent power creep which made her look even more like a Mary Sue.
Miles is black Peter Parker but lacking his wit, brains, humour and any real flaws to make the character endearing. What he does have is that fucking venom blast which gets stronger every time and removes all sense of tension, and over promotion in social media despite mediocre sales, similar to captain Marvel but not quite as bad.
>>
They're not Kamala, Robbie or Sam who have likeable personalities.
>>
>>77574372

The thing I remember the most of her is when she called She-Hulk "puta". I don't know if it is poor understanding of the spanish language from the writer, but "puta" is kinda of a harsh word to say to someone who saved your life.
>>
>>77574438
America got beat up twice in vengeance and was only a bitch to she-hulk. Gillen made her a constant bitch and made her unstoppable.
>>
>>77574624
Puta means bitch
>>
>>77574624

Puta? Seriously? Shouldn't they avoid that word since it means whore in many languages?
>>
>>77574624
puta means whore. what's the context? did she say "thanks, puta"?
>>
>>77574684
She said
>Get a life puta
>>
File: 1416295574601.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1416295574601.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I don't hate Miles.
>>
>>77574695
kek, but why

Also I fucking hate when they mix English and Spanish like that.
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (108 KB, 378x533) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
108 KB, 378x533
Ms. america is like mixture between superboy prime and wonder-woman.
>>
We know what word you want us to say, but we're not going to.
>>
>>77574656

Perra means bitch.
>>
>>77574722
Except Prime is fun to read about, while America is just an unfun bitch who sucks any joy out of the comics she's in.
>>
>>77574684
Ms. America was with the Teen Brigade at the time, who viewed the 'adult superheroes" as basically being ineffectual and too busy trying to protect the status quo to accomplish anything. Ms. America goes into some demonic dimension to beat up demons, the Defenders (led by She-Hulk) also go on their own and help her out. America gets pissed about this because she 'didn't need any help and could handle them on her own'. She-hulk asks her if she needs a ride back to Earth and America replies "You just came here to give me a ride? Get a life, puta."

In context, she was very much being a bitch to She-hulk because she didn't like that they crashed her demon punching party.
>>
>>77574189
I like Chavez being a bitch. Just because she is sorta strong doesn't seem Mary sue to me. She certainly isn't stronger than Monica or binary Carol. In my book if you can't beat top of his game black bolt you aren't too strong to work with.
>>
Miss America has a stupid name and is an insuffarable bitch in everything I've read. Which was mostly Gillens Young Avengers
>>
>>77574652
>America got beat up twice in vengeance and was only a bitch to she-hulk. Gillen made her a constant bitch and made her unstoppable.
Thats' what I meant by "She was good at first"
>>
>>77574720

Marvel did that a fuck ton of times. I still remember the fight of Magik and Black Widow that they were speaking in Russian. I tried to search for a translation. You could only see it with that app and the creator was like "We kept the good parts in English, while the rest were in Russian."
>>
File: ''Professor_X_by_JJusko.jpg (19 KB, 257x340) Image search: [Google]
''Professor_X_by_JJusko.jpg
19 KB, 257x340
>>77574730
What word Anon?
Unoriginal?
Overpowered?
Unrelatable?

Wait, Let me use my Telepathy.
Not Self-Insertable White Males?[/spoiler.]
>>
>>77574764
Besides Vengeance and Ultimates that's all she's been in. Not counting A-Force
>>
>>77574753
Makes sense. But the rape of Spanish still annoys me

she's born & bred american, she has no business using my language.
>>
>>77574798
I've self insert myself on that chick if you know what I mean
>>
>>77574269
Miles is just black Peter Parker same personality new paint job I like him he fits spiderman (Being a carbon copy of Peter and all) but it would be nice if his character was flushed out a little bit beyond im black and making spiderman joke.
>>
>>77574368
>Ms America is on the LGBTAvengers+ she's not really a token.

Umm that means shes a token....
>>
>>77574895
But how else would we know she's Latina?
>>
disgusting minorities
>>
>>77574438
>Chavez is Superman who never gets beaten and is never told she's wrong

This is pretty much why any race gender sexuality swapped characters tend to fucking suck unless youre part of the group they swapped to.
>>
>>77574895
>America
>American
Haha anon she isn't even from this universe. Gillen made her come from a place outside the multiverse where nobody speaks Spanish but still kept the random Spanish words thing.
>>
>>77574501
so that is from a comic she appeared in?
>>
>>77574584
>They're not Kamala, Robbie or Sam who have personalities beyond skin colour or sexual orientation.

FTFY
>>
>>77575005
Yeah, A-Force #1.
>>
>>77575005
It's from Secret Wars A-force
>>
>>77574946
Latinos are an ethnic group surrounding a couple races, at best she's chicano scum, but she's not even that. She's not a latino, she's a brown gringo.

>>77574978
I'm part of the group and she still sucks m8
>>
>>77574189

I don't know about Miles but America always seemed obnoxious to me
>is a Lesbian
>but she comes from the Lesbian dimension so is not like she had too much of a choice
>is latina
>but race doesn't really matter in her perfect lesbian utopian dimension
>did I mention that she is a lesbian?
>>
>>77574658

In some spanish speaking countries "puta" has harsher connotation than others.
>>
>>77574189

>Miss America
>Wears a Puerto Rico shirt
>>
>>77574761
I like characters who are arrogant assholes, but only if it end with them getting a bit of comeuppance.
Unfotunately it doesn't happen often because cape writers write characters they like as arrogant assholes to show how cool and powerful they are.
Doom is probably the one who gets it more often.
>>
>>77574253

In Miss America that is true, she is a mary sue with bitch personality.

In Morales.. meh.... have potential but Marvel not have idea (or Universe) for use him
>>
I wanna fuck Ms America's thighs.

That's all. Carry on.
>>
>>77574438
That's not entirely Bendis's fault, though. I think the first like 12 issues of Miles were great, but after that he had to deal with Marvel struggling to keep the Ultimate universe afloat, and that very clearly hurt the book.
>>
>>77574189
I like Miles, I just don't like who he's being written by.

I liked America initially but she's approaching Mary Sue levels in Ultimates. I'm seriously hoping that they try to take her down a peg or give her some modicum of a flaw because I'm otherwise enjoying the comic.
>>
>>77575061
>is a Lesbian
>but she comes from the Lesbian dimension so is not like she had too much of a choice
in fact in the context of her homedimension she's totally straight
>>
Miles is fun, mainly because he has a great supporting cast and is a more-awkward version of Ultimate Pete. Looking forward to his new series.

Chavez I think really hasn't had any good stories but she's literally been in like three things ever so people need to chill the fuck out on her until she gets the right writer, honestly I think Ewing will do that but /co/ has already decided that she sucks so they'll hate her even if he writes her well.
>>
>>77575058
Boring characters transcend cultural differences.
>>
>>77575206
there's no denying she's boner wizard tho'
>>
>>77575198
>Miles is fun, mainly because he has a great supporting cast and is a more-awkward version of Ultimate Pete. Looking forward to his new series.
That also depends if he still has that supporting cast.
>>
>>77574722
Except you are supposed to root for Chavez
>>
>>77575198
>but she's literally been in like three things ever so people need to chill the fuck out

Fuck that, Jaime was great right out the gate. And arguably Robbie and Kamala as well. For how long she's been around, and for such a big deal she was supposed to be in Young Avengers, you would think Miss America would be properly defined by now.
>>
It's because America is a futa
>>
Still holding out hope for Miles. I think he could have been more interesting if he was better written and if they didn't feel the need to revive Peter.
>>
>>77574189

she looks blacker in Ultimates and shorter
>>
>>77575383
Also prettier
>>
How can anyone hate anyone who looks as good as the bitch on the left?

Not that I've read her stuff, but damn, that outfit gets me good
>>
>>77575299

She's had TWO writers other then Ewing (not counting A-Force), one was incompetent and the other wrote the fucking LGBTvengers (which was shit but I still love Gillen). Give Ewing a chance fuckboi.
>>
>>77574945
If she's on a team filled with gays and minorities she's not a token.
>>
>>77574475
They are both gay.
>>
>>77575495

Her personality is a boner-killer.
>>
>>77575495
That's her best outfit too.
>>
>>77575670
Miles isn't gay...yet
>>
>>77575251
Preview showed him hanging out with Ganke so he's safe at least.

>yfw JD is gone forever
>>
>>77576080
he's in a relationship with a girl(kamala), which proves he's gay.
>>
>>77575665
Being along side other tokens still makes her a token.
>>
>>77575685
Shes got a one night stand with a fake name ratio of body to bitchy.
>>
>>77576193
JD had faggy hair and did nothing.
>>
>>77574269
>>77574283

These. America is just a cunt and Miles is nothing special. He can still get better and here's hoping Waid can do something that Bendis can't.
>>
>>77574722

I miss SBP ;_;
>>
>>77574189
Miles only exists for race-based pandering and has no character or personality.

Miss America was retconned into being a Strong Latin@ Lesbian and is written with the same sense of smug, annoying snarkiness that's all over the works of lefty British writers like Gillen or Ewing.
>>
I just want to see which character Ewing will pair with America in the NA/Ultimates crossover. Already tasting the tears if it's Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>77574269
The best part is that Gillen didn't want to make her the typical latina character except in execution she was hot-blooded, physically violent and a bitch except she's a lesbian so totally not the same.
>>
>>77574475
Handing someone a white superhero seems more condescending than progressive.
>>
File: spiderPunished.jpg (298 KB, 960x1503) Image search: [Google]
spiderPunished.jpg
298 KB, 960x1503
>>77574189

At first I was like aw yeah, then meh and now nah.
>>
>>77574189
Miles is meh. Most hate aimed towards him is a side-effect of Bendis/Marvel pushing him/Whatever.

Miss America, on the other hand, is just a bitch. The silly background is just icing on the bitch cake.
>>
>>77574189
>Why do people hate them again?

Racism

luckily for me I don't give a shit about what color a guy's skin is, so I'm able to enjoy more comic books than those people. I can't imagine the trouble they go through, trying to find a story that focuses on nothing but white characters. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth
>>
Is it weird that I basically hate all of McKelve's art, with the one exception being the fact that his Miss America gives me a pretty solid boner?
>>
File: 7nPIzZg.jpg (22 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
7nPIzZg.jpg
22 KB, 375x305
>>77576704

Good for you.
>>
I like both, but comic book readers typically don't like OCs because manchildren have a distaste for change. Throw in some racism and the distaste turns to hate.

I can see reasons for dislike for both though, but calling Chavez a Mary Sue is ten different types of retarded.
>>
>>77574189
In my opinion, tge problem is that Miles is the straight man. He needs the right people to play off of. I liked him teaming up with Cartoon Ultimate Spidey in Spiderverse. They should be in web warriors.
>>
>>77576630
she's literally a magic space lesbian
>>
>>77576438
He toned her down though, she debuted in a very boring mini called Vengeance and she was just a slutty (creator said she didn't wear underwear) rude angry bitch who didn't wear underwear and had a thing going with one of the male characters. Hell she even calls She-Hulk a whore for trying tk save her.

Gillen just toned the bitchyness down but not enough and he made her gay, read that Benett and Anka and others wanted to make a Lady Kate and America Chavez love story for Secret Wars but Marvel shot it down supposedly saying that they need a good reason to make a character gay (or be Bendis I guess).
>>
>>77574993
>but still kept the random Spanish words thing
She left that universe when she was still a kid and spent her teenage/adolescent years universe hopping. I just assumed she spent a good chunk of time on Earth-Spanglish
>>
>>77576276
You can't be the token gay on a team where everyone is gay. In that scenario, the one straight person (Kate) would be the token.

Just like how in Ultimate, Carol is the token white.
>>
>>77574189
Miles just needs a better writer who isn't Bendis.
Just like with Silk and Slott.
>>
>>77575251
Jefferson, Ganke, and Bombshell were all confirmed to survive, and Goldballs is going to get added to his supporting cast.
>>
>>77574253
SAME thing with Whor.

I gave up on Marvel aside from the Spiderman.
>>
>>77574189
>not muh
That's at least how it started. But then that's wrong, so people ended up looking for actual problems.
>>
>>77576962
I know but it is kinda funny that she picked up race appropriate mannerisms.
>>
>>77577012
>I gave up on Marvel aside from the Spiderman
>aside from Spiderman
>Spiderman
>>
>>77577043
To be fair in Miles case Not Muh was due to the killing of Pete.
>>
File: CUM7oSjXIAIp6Gp.jpg (86 KB, 674x1024) Image search: [Google]
CUM7oSjXIAIp6Gp.jpg
86 KB, 674x1024
I like Miles but I can't stand America Chavez but then again Gillen did make all the Young Avengers unlikable and that's what Ewing is basing her off
>>
>>77575310
>>>/a/
>>>/d/
>>
>>77576978
But you can be the token Latina bitch, pay attention.
>>
>>77577398
How do they reproduce in Utopia?
>>
>>77577438
Magic
>>
>>77577438
Cloning.
>>
>>77576704
As someone who is both Black and Mexican I do not dislike them for their race at all. One of my favorite heros is Spawn ( Al Simmons )
But I find them boring as fuck. Nothing special.
>>
>>77577065
Talking about Peter Parker not miles.
>>
File: Go Back to pol.jpg (624 KB, 1000x767) Image search: [Google]
Go Back to pol.jpg
624 KB, 1000x767
>>77576704
>>
>>77574189
if isn't white, it isn't right.
>>
>>77577533

Magically dicks?
>>
Miles could be good if Marvel would let someone other than Bendis write him
>>
>>77577186
Is that the actual cover or a variant?
>>
>>77574326
Come on, thatw as classic Anime/Power rangers/Transformers spec fic

>This power, can it be!!!

shit

>>77576928
>(creator said she didn't wear underwear)
wat
>>
>>77577438
endometrium balls. Instead of shedding the endometrium like normal human women do at the end of the menstrua cycle, it forms into a ball containing the oovocite and can be inserted into the uterus of another woman. There it will inglobate her oovocite and the 2 oovocites will merge together forming an embryo.
>>
>>77576080
Maybe when he teams up with Jean Grey.
>>
File: superfine.jpg (35 KB, 190x234) Image search: [Google]
superfine.jpg
35 KB, 190x234
>>77578218
>wat
SHE'S NAKED UNDER HER CLOTHES
>>
>>77578218
>wat
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32457
>For example: one thing we've decided about the new character, Miss America Chavez, is that she doesn't wear underwear. Believe it or not, that was an important creative decision. I think it says something about her personality that she deliberately goes out into the field sans underwear.
>>
Isn’t it more like people don’t like Miles because they were trying to replace Peter Parker with him in order to diversify comics? But regardless of what stories are told and who Marvel choose as Spider-Man, when it really comes down to it people will always love Peter Parker more because Peter Parker is Spider-Man and Spider-Man is Peter Parker. No matter what writers(Bendis) or Marvel decides
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
Kamala and Sam are better.
>>
>>77574501
>polcatalog.jpg
>>
>>77574189

Does ANAD Miles go by Spider-man? Spider-lad?

Why have two characters named Spider-man?
>>
I prefer Miguel
>>
>>77578570

Shadow-spider?
Spider-venom?
Blood-spider?
>>
>>77578555
>>77578676
My niggas
>>
>>77578555
I dunno why but the way Waid writes Kamala feels wrong, like I can see her reacting the same towards Sam and this story having the same outcome but not with those words.

Like his voice for Kamala is wrong, I dunno.
>>
>>77578708
Redback
>>
>>77578844
>Redback

jockey spider?
Striped spider?
>>
>>77578940
I feel like Jockey Spider should be reserved for a spider-man that rides around on giant spiders, Pym style
>>
miles is not exactly like Peter.miles in costume is the same as Peter in costume.

They don't have the same personality. Miles has an obvious chip on his shoulder that Peter never had, played up in issue one with his reaction to getting into a good school. The problem is miles never developed outside of costume like Peter did so we never see much of that personality. He also suffers from bad writing considering bendis had all these ideas on how to revamp the Peter Parker sorry but brought none of that to volume two, which is the real tragedy of his character.

I want somebody who wants to write him and can bring something to the character like JMS to Spiderman before new avengers when Peter was a teacher.

I don't know about miss America, it's too bad she's just pre JSA Powegirl but with a buffet attitude problem.
>>
>>77578819
Kamala's painfully sincere. I think that's what's missing. I think she would have accidentally been crueler without meaning too if it was Willow.

Also half of Kamala's personality is in her expressions.
>>
File: Laughing-GIF.gif (573 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-GIF.gif
573 KB, 500x281
>>77578967

Spider-pym.

A fusion between Peter parker and Hank pym.

He don't hit his wife.
He leaves her for science!
>>
>>77579055
no, wait
>give her cancer from radioactive semen
>develop bionic cancer curing symbiote
>too late, she dies. Suit revives her. He tries to kill it.
>Horrible mix of Ultron and Carnage that becomes his nemesis
>>
Compared to Peter Parker in the comics miles is displayed and portrayed as a actual kid so shouldn't he be spider-boy
>>
>>77578318
That is 100% Joe Casey.
>>
>>77579107
>Calling a black guy 'boy'
>>
Mainly racism. I don't like miles, but I like Miss America.
>>
>>77579214

Why not call him Spidey?
>>
>>77579267
because that's the name of the ongoing 'Peter Parker's golden years' thing
>>
>>77579214
spiderguy?spiderdude? spiderbro?spidermate?
black spiderman? spiderblack? blackman?
Hombre araña?arañaman?
>>
>>77579267
In ANADA Miles calls himself spidey as a nickname, y'know, how Peter Parker has done for the past 50 years. From the looks of it, in the new universe Miles decided to call himself spider-man despite Peter being active and still being active for the past 13 years.
>>
>>77579377

THE spider!
>>
File: 21.png (2 MB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
21.png
2 MB, 1000x1500
>>77579407
'The Spider' was a teenaged serial killer
>>
>>77579463

Scarlet-web?
>>
Anybody ever notice how in spider-man and batman there’s never a spider-boy or batboy, but there is batwoman, batgirl, spider-girl and spider-woman.
>>
>>77579668
That's because worse than being a privileged straight white man is being a gay white PEDOPHILIAC man.
>>
>>77579668
well, Robin's other name WAS 'the Boy Wonder'
>>
File: giphy.gif (1007 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1007 KB, 500x591
>>77579492

I maybe sucking my own dick.

But, I love that name. It kind of fits him.
>>
>Punch it
>Fuck it
Ms. America's answer to every situation. Needless to say, you can't make a character out of only that.
>>
>>77579843
>Punch it
>Fuck it
>Ms. America's answer to every situation
So she's female Conan?
>>
Marvel probably going to end up calling miles new york spider-man since Spider-man going international
>>
>>77574935
>same personality
Except Ult. Peter had an actual personality. He was impulsive, egotistical at times and rough around the edges, but ultimately a good person.

Miles has none.
>>
>>77579875
since they call the one that's a Captain Britain 'Spider-UK', he'll probably be Spider-NY
>>
>>77579843
You can if your very theme is style over substance.
>>
>>77579897
>He was impulsive, egotistical at times and rough around the edges, but ultimately a good person.
that's the default human personality in fiction, which is what people mean by having no personality of his own.
>>
>>77579906

Spider-US?
>>
>>77579956
Is that so? I am always confused when people say of a character that they don't have a personality?
>>
>>77579989
keeping the states united is a mistake that I refuse to support
>>
>>77579956
Could you make any even more broad assumptions and vague statements?
>>
Exactly and that’s why nobody likes miles. They tried to just hand miles over 50 years of Peter Parkes life and hope that everybody would role with it like they did with Thor or Captain America.
>>
>>77580047
>that’s why nobody likes miles
He's been around for 4 years and his book has been steadily selling around 30k so I'll say that's false

Going by what /co/ likes/hate you would think ANGR was outselling Miles book
>>
>>77580047

Dude, it was a ulitmate spider-man not the 616 spider-man.
>>
>>77580129
most of /co/ pirates all their comics anyway, if not directly then by reading the story times
>>
File: Marvel_Miss_America.jpg (174 KB, 841x1196) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Miss_America.jpg
174 KB, 841x1196
She has an amazing body though.
>>
Does anybody get the feeling that if you’re not in favor of miles as Spider-Man, people think your racist? And that rather than work miles up the ladder to becoming spider-man one day, he gets it handed to him in order to diversify comics. It can’t be that we just enjoy spider-man as Peter Parker and want more adventures because he is the amazing spider-man
>>
>>77580047
>They tried to just hand miles over 50 years of Peter Parkes life and hope that everybody would role with it like they did with Thor or Captain America.
When you want to hate on shit you don't read get the facts straight
>>
Because they're uninteresting, token and neither are meant to be legacy characters.

You want to make a character someone else? Fair enough, but do it with a character that's just a name that people take and leave.
Robin is a good example, there have been a few Robins.
Or a new Green Lantern member.
Or fuck, make an actually interesting new hero.

Don't just take Thor, slap some tits on him and proclaim him SJWia, Matriarch of Fightan' nerds on the internet, its lazy, its a shit on the face of anyone that ever got interested in the characters and its political tokenism faggotry bullshit at its worst and most shameless.

I don't even read comics but know what? There's some things you can change a character into, some things you can't.
You want a more Politically correct Spiderman? Make Parker Bi, or have him date a black chick.

There's 2 things comics need to do if they're gonna sort their shit out.
Stop changing surface bullshit just for the sake of appearing different and to appease people who don't even read comics.
START changing shit that actually matters, status quo gotta go.

And don't get me started on how every character that isn't a straight white guy is somehow a representitive of all characters of their race/gender/whateverthecock and thus needs to be perfect.
>>
>>77577777
His point still stands.
>>
>>77580206
>Does anybody get the feeling that if you’re not in favor of miles as Spider-Man, people think your racist?
Just go to cbr forums or the mary sue and you'll see you're right.
>>
>>77574189
I dislike America because her whole character is literally Lesbian Empowerment, and there is nothing wrong with gay empowerment, but ever fucking time this bitch opens her mouth it's something about how she is gay and that's alright and she has a gurlfirend, and we just get beat over the head with it. America is sadly mouth piece who has outlived her usefulness as gay rights are now a common thing and no longer require such blatant pandering.

Miles just lacks character all togeather, though under other writers I see him becoming the idle teen Spidey while Peter finally becomes an adult. I'd like Miles more if he wasn't just "The guy who took up the webs after Ult Peter died."
>>
>>77580129
4 years is not working miles up the ladder when comparing over 50 year to Peter Parker. While miles comics do sell well, the story in ultimate is based of peter parker of 616. There is no originality to the idea of miles as Spider-man. The death of his family becoming spider-man, spider bite and his enemies.
>>
>>77577777
You should probably just stick to reading The Bat-Man, anon.
>>
>>77580206
you say that like you stopped getting adventures with Peter, though, who currently has three ongoings, and a fourth if he comes back to the uncanny avengers
>>
>>77580327
>I dislike America because her whole character is literally Lesbian Empowerment, and there is nothing wrong with gay empowerment, but ever fucking time this bitch opens her mouth it's something about how she is gay and that's alright and she has a gurlfirend, and we just get beat over the head with it
She acted pretty gay but she doesn't outright state it until the very last chapter of YA, she wasn't gay before YA and she has only been in ultimates since then. What are you basing this on.
>>
>Miss America
>token

You people either do not know what it means or you've not read the comic.
>>
>>77574523
Peter's character is a man without a watch.
>>
>>77574748
>Prime
>Fun to read about
For like...one event. And then he became a super annoying lil shit
>>
>>77577777
Nice quints.
>>
>>77580365
I didn’t actual mean they stopped, but that it feels like they are trying to replace peter with miles. Just like how marvel is doing with inhumans and x-men.
>>
>>77574720
That's how people talk though
> on pbs
>>
>>77580482
>feels

who needs reason and facts, right?
>>
>>77580500
Even though marvel says that they love the x-men and have like 4 comics they aren’t replacing them. They love the x-men that’s why they erase them from there banner and want to stop making new x-men
>>
>>77580206
>he gets it handed to him
He is not an actual person.

And considering you have many books with Parker to read, it is a bit weird that you are bothered Miles exists.
>>
>>77580537
8 comics, not including the dead pool ones.
>>
>>77580482
You meant they are stopping, not stopped. Either way, you are still wrong.
>>
>>77580547
Your right there not real people. Then why forcefully diversify comics then
>>
>>77580174
I recognize that artstyle she has a dick doesnt she?
>>
>>77580482
Marvel is making Inhuman the new Mutant because that lets them skirt around not having the cinematic rights to X-Men

the same can't be said for Miles since A) Marvel got the rights back and B) if they didn't have the rights, they'd be no more able to make a Miles: Spider-Man movie than a Parker: Spider-Man movie, since both fall under the Spider-Man brand
>>
>>77580601
you can see the bulge on her left thigh
>>
>>77580599
How do you force fictional diversity?
>>
>>77580738
nice
>>
>>77574189
Miles is extremely boring, with no interesting character traits I can name. His ongoing was also slow and tedious as fuck, and him existing required that an actually good ongoing with well-fleshed character came crashing to an abrupt end that left several plot threads hanging.

America is fine. She's got a personality at least, though I find she tends to suffer a bit from 'always right syndrome'. Her concept and character however are much better than Miles'.
>>
>>77580631
I don’t think marvel got the rights back for spider-man movies, but permission from Sony to use spider-man with one of requirements being that peter parker had to be white. I think I read, but I’m not sure
>>
>>77580973
By doing it poorly though there will be people who complain if you do it at all
>>
>>77581050
white, straight, never kill anyone, and a couple other things Sony feared might weaken the brand
>>
I like Sammy, Robbie and Kamala-chan. America is just concentrated bitch and Miles is wallpaper.
>>
>>77581630
I guess Sony wants marvel to used spider-man as close to the original comic version so they don’t do what DC did with superman in Man of Steel and had him kill
>>
I dont hate them

never read young avengers and Miles book was only interesting for the first 11 or 12 issues. Once his uncle dies shit goes downhill fast and never really picks up at least in my opinion

then Miles starts showing up in any fucking crossover and/or universe Marvel pleases and I'm not gonna waste my time when what he shows up in is probably boring too
>>
>>77574189

The reason people don't like them is the fact they're not white.
>>
>>77574189
hate us cuz they anus
>>
>>77580341
Nigger ultimate Spider-man is a fifteen year old comic, ten of which featured one writer writing a story pretty successfully on a no-risk book. When that writer says "I want to try something a little different "and you have five other books running simultaneously with the same character you let him do what he wants. He even did us the favor of definitively ending that ten year old story.

He'll the main Peter Parker book ran 3 timesal a month when USM 160 hit. You couldn't take a step without tripping in a Peter Parker book. But Bendis wanted to write something a little different and we get all prissy because the new Spider-man's black? Fuck that noise.

Btw I'm not defending volume 2, it's fallen out of grace with me after the time skip.

>>77580482
>I didn’t actual mean they stopped, but that it feels like they are trying to replace peter with miles.
Miles is in two books maximum at a timehe's never been on anything more than one book and a team book at a time. ASM is a bi-weekly/bi-monthly book, Peter shows up in 2099,will probably show up in miles book, stole the show from miles in his own book already, has his own cartoon, and will probably remain a marvel to seller for the foreseeable future.where in all that does it point to miles replacing Peter? Are you only looking at specific marketing or do you only curate certain news feeds?

McDuffie was right.
>>
I've found that no one save for racists and people still rump ravaged over ultimate petes death hate Miles.
Everyone seems to think he's a neat character or doesn't care.
Miss America?
She's a boring tuff latina stereotype + don't need no man feminist stereotype + a major dyke + a magial lesbian butt babby from the dyke dimension. And that is litterally all there is too her. And NONE of that makes her good.
>>
File: Miles Morales 07.jpg (176 KB, 864x431) Image search: [Google]
Miles Morales 07.jpg
176 KB, 864x431
Miles has all the personality of a plank of wood and stupid electricity powers. On top of it all, despite having agility, web-shooters, strength, enhanced reflexes, he's a boring fighter
>>
>>77586783
>Neat character
How?
>>
>>77574189
America is literally who.

Miles is boring.
>>
>>77586948
The costume, the powerset and the background, and his cast. That's all neat.
However he doesn't have the kind of oh shit drama and fucked life pete has or any interesting villians.
I honestly believe that going with the very human villians of spiderman is a bad idea. If they went full comic book and had him fighting mutant robots, and spider themed demons, and had werewolf street gangs fighting over a wolf totem, and a mad scientist who wanted to control the world through blah blah, and the high evolutionary passing out a drug that gave people animal powers just to test it out and get new subjects.
And have him swing in and fight against other people's villians and spidermans c squad.
That would be kind of fun.
But they won't do that. He's going to be a safer, kid friendly, young black peter parker with a stable homelife and good friends.
That's litterally his entire thing.
He can't do what ms.marvel can because indians are hard up for any postiive represntation and whites and blacks will throw an absolute bitchfit if he has any personality or stories that they disagree with.
>>
>>77587055
>iterally who.
You guys need to stop this shit. It's just tedious when you apply it to every character who isn't in a film. Chavez is more popular than Moon knight right now.
>>
>>77587059
>venom blast
>neat
You know why that's wrong, right?
>>
>>77586783
No one in /co/ hates characters, we hate writers.
>>
>>77587084
Nah dude, people at least were asking me about Moon Knight when Ellis's run was around and there were rumors (more like wishful thinking) that Marvel might announce Netflix show.
>>
>>77574722
EVENT OF SBP POPPING UP IN THE NEW 52 AND SPERGING OUT OVER THE CHANGES FUCKING WHEN
>>
Miles is based as fuck

America was ok in vengeance, black slate potential. Then Gillen came around and made her a cunt also lebsian out of nowhere because everybody in his stupid YA book was queerer than the stonewall
>>
File: nu7e0cAb951r1btxt.jpg (194 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
nu7e0cAb951r1btxt.jpg
194 KB, 517x768
>>77587200
>No one in /co/ hates characters
>>
>>77587124
Explain.
People here think shape changing is neat SOLELY because of the creepy sex implications. How is a spiderman with a cool electric blast not neat?
>>
>>77586721
To be fair, Bendis definitely is.
Marvel isn't but Bendis has the delusion that a book that's coming out 4 or so months after the line wide reboot after all of Pete's books is the Main Spidey book.
And if anything the length of Ultimate Spidey sort of lends more reason for the butthurt.
Also didn't McDuffie hate Minority Legacies or was that just something /co/ made up?
>>77587059
>Powerset
It's just Pete's but with a win button that kills all the tension.
>Stable Homelife
Until recently his dad just disappeared after learning he's Spidey.
Also dead mom....I miss her. She didn't do anything or have any character other than worried mom but....she was hot.
>>77587084
>More popular than Moon Knight makes you not a literally who
I'm more rich than a homeless man I'M A FUCKING BILLIONAIRE!
>>
>>77587301
>/co/ a bunch of sick deviants think something is neat because it plays with their fetish
I don't know HOW that supports your argument that psuedo-electric powers that drain tension from a fight are neat?
Even without the /d/side, shapeshifting can lend itself to something interesting because there are different ways to use it. All Miles' power can do is knock people out in one single way every time.
>>
>>77587200
Anyone who's been here for longer then an hour can tell you that you're full of shit.

People here HATE miles and use white genocide and BORING to handwaive it away.
He is boring but the same can be said for a massive chunk of the people that they lionize. No seriously, the runaways after the first volume was over was a boring sub cs/young adult tier garbage fest that never rose above yawn inducing. But that gets the big thumbs up.

>>77587283
She was gayer then a spring picnic in france from the moment she was introduced.
They just made it more pronounced.

And let's be honest, if she was a fan of the dick and a bit of a whore then the neckbeards would put up with a lot for this character. But she's not. She's litterally a clusterfuck of PLEASE GOD THINK I'M COOL thrown into a hat and has everyone and their mother kissing her ass to make her seem cool When no one likes her ass.
She's one of those characters that brings down the entire thing just because they spend so much time trying to play them up. Like Danver Cap Marvel and Fem Thor.
>>
>>77587347
Shape changing is the most boring ass power there is and it's never used in a fun or creative way.
You people have NEVER EVER shown or talked about any cool stories that had interesting cool or even slightly clever use of shapeshifting. It is litterally you fucking losers all circle jerking/shlickin over the creepy ass sexual things that can be done with it.
I'm dead fucking serious.
You can sit there and say shapeshifting has all of this possibility, none of which you've shown examples of, but spiderman with electric powers are bad because said powers are oft used as an electric win button?

Is that it? What if he uses electromagnetic force to stick to walls and he can stick things together with static or create quasi web fields to hold things in the air That's a cool potential.
>>
File: mystique6.jpg?w=590&h=937.jpg (263 KB, 590x937) Image search: [Google]
mystique6.jpg?w=590&h=937.jpg
263 KB, 590x937
>>77587522
I've seen the stray thread where /co/ has actually talked about cool uses of the powerset.
>That's a cool potential
If only he ever used it that way. But he doesn't, all it ever does is inconsistently blow shit up or put people to sleep.
>>
File: eG8Xfl.jpg (74 KB, 410x640) Image search: [Google]
eG8Xfl.jpg
74 KB, 410x640
>>77587657
>>
>>77587666
Also I remember the thread where /co/ created a feud with Reed and Plastic Man because Eel's shapeshifting made him so jealous to the point he became paranoid about anything in his colorscheme.
>>
File: dcuc_plas05.jpg (86 KB, 330x355) Image search: [Google]
dcuc_plas05.jpg
86 KB, 330x355
>>77587696
Opps
>>
>>77574189
I can't speak for Miss America, but as far as Miles goes, it's because he's a bland replacement for what was a beloved character. Peter spent over 100 issues building up and developing a supporting cast of close friends and family. Then, when he died, they were all sort of just handed to Miles as part of the Ultimate Spider-Man package.
>>
>>77587666
>>77587657
Nothing you've just posted is cool or interesting. Just admit you like it because it's a pansexual that's fucked a lot of stuff using its' powers and be done with it.

Fucks sake I would have accepted ms marvel, pre-creepy modern day skrulls, or plastic man. You chose that lame bitch.

Way to prove my point.
>>
>>77574189
What would be a funny coffee nickname for Miles since he's literally a black beaner? Folgers-Man?
>>
>>77587522

Haven't payed much attention to Miles, but uh... Another black guy with electricity powers huh?
>>
File: Plastic_Man_12.jpg (21 KB, 351x262) Image search: [Google]
Plastic_Man_12.jpg
21 KB, 351x262
>>77587762
I did post plastic man and I thought the instances were a creative use. Though really you proved my point by admitting you think that Skrulls Plastic Man and Kamala are cool. Though Kamala hasn't really done much with her shifting and aren't they phasing that out for basic stretchy growth powers anyways?
>>
>>77574189
Its just the manchildren that fuss over everything on here.

Marvel can say next week they are working on new characters, and people on here would bitch about them not using older characters.

Or they can say they are working on old characters, and people on here will bitch about them not making ant new characters.

Dont ever expect /co/ to like anything at all.
>>
>>77587981
Back to tumblr!
>>
>>77587719
>>77587960
Both of your instances of plastic man using his powers are stupid fucking sex jokes.

By the way, no one gives a shit about kamalas shape shifting powers or even cares about them. They care about her as a character.
The skrulls?
What can you tell me about the skrulls other then they are an essentially genderless sexless race of hermaphrodites. And something completely fucking stupid about super skrulls. I'm listening.
Skrulls fucking suck now and you fucktards only like them because of creepy sex potential.

Skrulls use to sprout wings and carry canons and have multiple forms specifically designed to take advantage of environments and survive damn near anywhere and turn into five story tall spike covered giants and crush shit.

Now they just flip flop between faces and sexes and use fucking borrowed powers form the FF in or orignal Xmen and that's it.
Lame and litterally gay.
>>
>>77574189
Don't know the chick, but Miles could be likable, if Bendis wasn't the only only allowed to write him.
>>
the reason i hate miles is because hes a wasted character. his final run in the ultimates with hydra looked like it could be leading to something interesting, but nope, same safe miles shit. i dont care for america not for the character, but for the reason that she represents the moment young avengers wasnt for me. that, and shes here while patriot is fucking off somewhere
>>
File: 126510-jla1mpg15_super.jpg (161 KB, 600x940) Image search: [Google]
126510-jla1mpg15_super.jpg
161 KB, 600x940
>>77588626
Yeah he does those a lot.
And again you just used another instances of shapeshifting as an interesting power.
Though to be fair I guess Venom Sting doesn't have the advantage
>>
File: thalis is awful.jpg (115 KB, 652x520) Image search: [Google]
thalis is awful.jpg
115 KB, 652x520
>>77579871
Except Conan isn't anywhere near as annoyingly Mary Sue-ish. Surprisingly more depth to him that just stab/slash/fuck.

The only reason I can see for Ewing wanting MAC in The Ultimates is so he can have the other four slap the shit out of her 'tude. They'll reach the point where they have to start fucking with the Multiverse to save the day, she'll try to stop them because 'that's my job', and T'Challa and Brashear will science her ego so fucking hard she turns straight.
>>
File: radioactive suicide machine.jpg (27 KB, 693x129) Image search: [Google]
radioactive suicide machine.jpg
27 KB, 693x129
>>77579906
They should have gone with the truly awesome black Spider-Guy.
>>
>>77589205
She's there for loser legbeards and lesbians. That's all.
None of the neckbeards like her, the latin folk hate her, and the tumblr lesbians don't want anything to do with her because she not a "boner dyke".

Bitch gets boring quick without comeuppance or being funny. Right now she's a powerfantasy for loser broads and not the fun kind that evreryone can enjoy. The bad kind that makes every fucking thing else suck ass because half of their powerfantasy is making shit awful for everyone else.
>>
Wait now that Peter is alive and reality is mended what will Miles' personality be now that Peter can just call him up and say "Hey, Miles you're doing good buddy"
>>
>>77574189
Didn't realize people were still pissy about miles

But for me, I hate all these changes because they don't feel like marvel characters anymore, just marvel properties.

I stuck with marvel cause I liked the flawed heroes, and marvel's heroes just oozed that while DC's always felt like every hero was better than the common man.

I mean the original avengers was composed of a man who at the time was still bigoted with 1940's standards and beliefs, a guy halfway to a mental break, a woman with a mild inferiority complex, 2 alchoholic womanizer's with daddy issue's, one of which was being punished by his literal god of a father for being an egotistical douche, and a guy with some serious emotional control issues.

With this all new all different run, they've stripped the personality from the characters to make them "positive" depictions of different minorities/sexes. They completely removed Carol's past being constantly bombarded with shit artists, Falcon's lost 95% of his personality when he became America's son, Jane isn't just battling trolls and dark elves she's also fighting cancer so if you hate on her you're gonna bitched at left right and center. Spider-man, and Stark seem to have swapped lives completely making the one hero I could never hate boring as shit, and Stark honestly make me think it really is an alt reality version of him cause...FUCK...

They've stripped away what makes these characters actually feel like people, and made them nothing but a product.
>>
>>77574189
You look at them and have to ask?
>>
>>77587522
>it's never used in a fun or creative way.
that's because most writers have no imagination and little creativity, and the only thing they can use are powers that let you straight out hit the opponent.
It's not just shapeshifting, any power is a victim of that.Even magic is reduced to just shooting magic blasts
>>
File: 1444222341224.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1444222341224.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>>77586918
>black spider-man
>electricity powers
This is just incredible and I've only learned about it now, yay diversity
>>
>>77589885
Dude, shapeshifting is EASY to make fun if you only care about punchy punchy.

No, they and the people here only care about it as a cheap sex joke/masturbation fuel and sub shit tier impersonation powers. ALl ALL of the cool shit that can be done with a race of shape shifters all devolves into genderfuckery and impersonating people.

Fucking weak.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.