[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come everyone is hailing thies season of South Park as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: South_Park_Season_14.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
South_Park_Season_14.png
1 MB, 1366x768
How come everyone is hailing thies season of South Park as the greatest season ever? I don't think it's been funny at all. It's boring.
>>
>It's boring.
Example?
>>
>>77573347
Beacues everyone loves it, and you don't, duh.
>>
Deepest lore + anti-SJW = 4chan loves it
>>
Might not be the greatest season EVER, but it's definitely a step up from the past several years. Just the fact that there's a continuous plot in mind is nice motivation to continue watching, rather than having a completely hit or miss season based on what the writers came up with on a given week.
>>
>>77573426
All the so called crazy shit that's been happening in this season is tame in comparison to previous seasons. And Trey and Matt may have good idea on what to ridicule but they have no idea what to do with them. PC Principle isn't even entertaining in the slightest. He's just annoying.

Just because this season is making fun of SJWs doesn't automatically make it gold. If anything its mockery of SJWs is WAY too tame.
>>
>>77573477
I disagree. Adding continuity to South Park was a detriment to last season and it sure as hell doesn't help this one. Last season the whole "Randy is Lorde" joke got old REALLY fast. The only good episodes of last season were Freemium isn't Free and Grounded Vindaloop, mainly because they didn't rely so much on continuity.
>>
>Overarching plot that has progressed well every episode
>Story is taking turns that people didn't figure out, yet works perfectly when you look back at the evidence
>Old popular characters such as City Wok, Garrison and Barbrady getting love
>Jokes hitting the mark for the most part
>Keeps you guessing what will happen in the next episode, guaranteeing people will watch

The only meh episode so far this season imo was the Yelp! episode, and even then it worked in calling out the ridiculousness of the subject matter.
>>
>>77573347
>I don't think it's been funny at all. It's boring.

No.
>>
>>77573510
As GF and SU show us, continuity is cancer to cartoons.
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (37 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
37 KB, 300x301
>>77573477
Why can't Trey and Matt actually plan shit in advance and for one season just avoid topical humor completely and have it solely focused on slice of life shenanigans where it's just the boys being boys? Those episodes are always the most memorable episodes and age the best. I can't go back and watch a lot of the older episodes since most of them are just topical humor and age like shit.
>>
>>77573510
Fair enough, I should have noted that this season's story has been much more entertaining than the last's IMO.
>>
>>77573530
Yes.
>>
>>77573510
>Adding continuity to South Park was a detriment to last season
Completely your opinion and also it's wrong
>>
>>77573554
Matt and Trey both know the show is gonna be forgotten about the moment it ends, so they work with topical humour because they might as well use stuff they can work with given the week deadline.

As for planning shit in advanced, it's near impossible to change the entire structure of a production studio after nearly 20 years of establishing a process that works.
>>
It annoys me how despite the entire season being devoted to the hypocrisy of the PC movement they have been extremelly careful to never touch the subject of feminism, or even bring up the word. It feels like a copout, they could do great stuff with it, specially with Wendy.
>>
Now we know why leslie won't shut the fuck up
>>
File: anita-sarkeesian-102914.jpg (391 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
anita-sarkeesian-102914.jpg
391 KB, 1152x648
>>77573699
Fucking this. They haven't even mentioned Anita Sarkeesian's name in this season when she is a prime target for ridicule.
>>
>>77573347
Having shit taste must suck.
>>
>>77573606
>Matt and Trey both know the show is gonna be forgotten about the moment it ends.

Sure thing pal.
>>
>>77573699
>>77573722
You do realize that if they did target feminism it wouldn't be about Anita but rather someone like Hilary Clinton. Because honestly the majority of the world either has no clue or does not give a shit about Gamergate.
>>
>>77573789
You would know.
>>
>>77573722
Attacking feminism or Sarkeesian would be very side-pick-y for them. Because the only thing worth mentioning about sarkeesian is how ill-informed she is.

Besides PC Frat Bros is them having their cake and eating it too.
>>
>>77573789
Why do you hate cute things?
>>
>>77573835
Sure it'll stay alive in stuff like syndication and maybe randomly being referenced, but the show isn't a cultural phenomenon and only ever gets outside attention when shit like 200/201 happens.
>>
>>77573347
You tumblr or nostalgia fag?
>>
File: tumblr_mn5ylisUqs1ss4f5uo2_500.jpg (14 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn5ylisUqs1ss4f5uo2_500.jpg
14 KB, 500x277
>>77573867
Because cute things aren't brutal. Cute things are, like, the exact opposite of brutal.
>>
>>77573837

This. They're not going to talk about NOBODIES. What, you think they're going to have an episode about fuckin' Kotaku too?
>>
>>77573867
There is honestly nothing cute about South Park.
>>
>>77573891
The latter. Admit it. South Park hasn't been funny for years.
>>
>>77573980
Good point. Anita is pretty much a nobody now and her so-called feminist agenda has been revealed as an offshoot of McCarthyism.
>>
>>77573980
Didn't they dedicate a good chunk of last season to Pewdiepie?
>>
>>77573347
It's novel. They're taking the show in a slightly different direction so this season is more interesting.

Also, while the season has mainly just been at par (which for South Park is decently funny), the kids playing ninja is one of the funniest things I've seen on network TV in a long time.
>>
>>77573575
no
>>
>>77574168
YES
>>
>>77573722
>Anita Sarkeesian

the thing is, no one knows who she is, just gamergaters and sjw
>>
>>77574072
Huh?
>>
File: colbert dance.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
colbert dance.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>77574194
Well, she DID appear on the Colbert Report.
>>
If I ever had a kid and they turned out like the main boys I would be sad. Butters would be okay though.
>>
>>77573484
>family guy is only using shock factor
>South Park is now not shocking enough
Shut the fuck up with your criticism and accept reality as how it is you twat. Otherwise your going to an hero all over your unborn children's grave. I.e:your sisters face.
>>
File: ctf.png (276 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ctf.png
276 KB, 1280x720
>>77574210
McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence. It was originally coined to criticize the anti-communist pursuits of Republican U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy of Wisconsin.

In this case, Anita makes baseless accusations of sexism and misogyny, so we can refer to her feminist agenda as Sarkeesianism.
>>
They're just old now. Same thing they talked about in the Indiana Jones episode about Lucas and Spielberg
>>77574225
Stan and Kyle are good boys
>>
File: edgy.png (225 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
225 KB, 373x327
>>77574236
>fanboying THIS hard and getting mad that someone doesn't like your favorite show
>an hero all over your unborn children's grave. I.e:your sisters face.
>>
>>77574261
I like that. Thanks anon!
>>
>>77574299
No problem.
>>
>>77574219
yeah al kind of people show up in talk shows, but they're nobodys
>>
File: zippyarewehavingfunyet.gif (11 KB, 502x422) Image search: [Google]
zippyarewehavingfunyet.gif
11 KB, 502x422
>>77574185
double no times infinity and i have a shield which stops you from doing anything plus i entered cheats which give me Godmode, also i call shotgun, plus it was a hologram all along *pshh*

not him btw
>>
>>77574185
nah bro, sorry but no
>>
>>77574278
Stan is a boring depressed alcoholic and Kyle sat back and didn't warn his father when waiters were putting their cum in his food.
>>
File: 5.8 Metagolem.png (111 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
5.8 Metagolem.png
111 KB, 256x255
>>77574367
it's k when it's a musical number
>>
>>77574367
The new episodes barely count, except for Kenny since he didn't get any characterization in the old ones
>>
>>77573722
I feel like if they were ever gonna take shots at Anita they'd do it in their upcoming game.
>>
File: simm_skeleton.jpg (61 KB, 376x352) Image search: [Google]
simm_skeleton.jpg
61 KB, 376x352
hey im am shitposter from /who/ came here for sout pak discuss
>>
>>77574148

It's weird, but like.. Pewdiepie and maybe like, Markiplier? Not nobodies. They have, dare I say, "Normie Appeal". They'll get tv appearances and magazine covers.

Game Grumps, Jontron and even our buddy Anita are, in comparison, nobodies.
>>
>>77574539
I still don't know who Piediepie is. I know he's some popular LPer or something, but I don't know anything else about him.
>>
File: forehead.jpg (62 KB, 181x227) Image search: [Google]
forehead.jpg
62 KB, 181x227
nice sout parce discussion here gues
>>
>>77574529
What the hell is /who/?
>>
What profession will the boys have in the future?
>>
>>77574875
stan possibilities: mechanic, writing music for soundtracks, electrician, carpenter, masonry, ditch digging, animation, nurse, comedy writer, veterinarian
kyle possibilities: accountant, banker, lawyer, secretary, clerk at a hotel or a convenience store or something, journalist
>>
>>77574635
He is like the number one subscribed caster on YouTube or something, but duck if I ever heard of him before SP
>>
>>77573347
ADPOSTER SPOTTED
>>
>>77574875
Cartman will eventually be POTUS
>>
>>77574875
cartman possibilities: politician, janitor, CEO, chef, contractor, construction worker, busboy, cashier
kenny possibilities: cashier, busboy, janitor, construction worker, mechanic, electrician, singer, race car driver
>>
>>77575184
Cartman could also be a photographer.
>>
>>77574875
>>77575184
>>77577218
But we already know what Cartman will become, his future self showed up on my future self n me
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.